4209 Lassiter Mill Road
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivaceraleigh.com/
- Phone: 9197877747x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:59pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:59pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Matt Greiner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room seats up to 20 with multi media capabilities & drop down projection screen. Soundproof and controlled lighting options.
- Private Party Contact: Jed Orton 919-787-7747x
A word from Vivace
Vivace is a contemporary Italian restaurant featuring a hip indoor/outdoor bar, fantastic patio, and warm dining room adjacent to an open kitchen. The chef prepares fresh local ingredients with Italian techniques while the bar pours a cocktail menu based on homemade limonciello and an extensive wine list comprised of the finest Italian selections.Continued
PATIO SEATING IS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. ONLINE RESERVATIONS CAN ONLY BE MADE FOR OUR DINING ROOM.
PATIO SEATING IS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. ONLINE RESERVATIONS CAN ONLY BE MADE FOR OUR DINING ROOM.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vivace - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Vivace reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (68)special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (44)romantic (38)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (25)hot spot (23)great for brunch (17)good for groups (13)late-night find (12)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Love Vivace. One of the best restaurants in Raleigh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Outnclkb123VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our service was awesome! We gad the Yellow Fin Tuna as our appetizer and it was out of this world, as well as the grilled salmon chop and the veal saltimbocca.Special Features:
- The perfect outdoor lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was lovely. Top marks to food quality (lightly grilled salmon and fresh mozzo and grilled tomato appetizer), portions, presentation, and setting. Had lunch on the patio next to a lovely fountain. With backs to the parking lot, the ambience was lovely. Special mention to our server, who managed just the perfect amount of involvement and timing. Transparently superb. In all, a gem. Recommended.Special Features:
- Sunday night missOverfikeDined on 8/24/2014I guess the weekend took the pluck out of the wait staff as service and attentiveness were poor. With a near patio I had to plead with the host to combine two tables to accommodate our party of 6 which he eventually gave into but was very resistant. It took awhile for the waitress to address us but then with no introduction or welcome just asked what we were drinking. All drinks and food arrived slow and my father who ordered the bolognese had to send it back because it was Luke warm at best. I have eaten here often and they seem to be more on their game when they are bustling. Also, Sunday may be the landing strip for the lesser wait staff so a weekend ending meal may send you away wanting. so so overall and I am not in any hurry to goSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Great dining experience. My husband's and friend's dish were undercooked (risotto).Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.ncbtDined on 8/23/2014Went to Vivace for a business lunch. The server was great - he did not rush us and was very attentive. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Fast & DeliciousFullVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is my favorite place for working lunches. The service is always great and I can get in and out of a quiet sit down restaurant in time to get back to work. love it!Special Features:
- pirate09Dined on 8/16/2014We went for my Mom's birthday, which I thought I made a note of in my reservation. It was never acknowledged. No, I do not expect a dessert or anything, but just an acknowledgement would have been nice. The food was good, but nothing spectacular. Maybe that was my fault for ordering the Salmon. I guess I should have gone with something Italian. Even with the food being just so-so I would be more inclined to come back if the service had been better. I shouldn't have to ask the server what the features are after she's already been to the table three times. She didn't guide us through the menu at all. I had been once before, my parents never had. No menu presentation what-so-ever offered. Service was very much 'Diner' style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for galsThatwasdelicious22Dined on 8/15/2014We had excellent service and we were sat immediately per our reservation time. The food was absolutely delicious in every way, however the portions are quite small - something to keep in mind. It was a bit dark and difficult to hear my friends talking across the table due to the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFrequentdinerDined on 8/15/2014I've been several times and had a good meal yet again, in a great environment with top notch serviceSpecial Features:
- NiceBeenBetterDined on 8/13/2014Pasta was over cooked last time we were there. I asked for no garlic in mine and it came loaded. I think there was a problem in the kitchen that night. Usually betterSpecial Features:
- Wonderful accommodationRaleighTravellerDined on 8/9/2014We had a very nice experience at Vivace with a nice recollection by the waitress that a member of our party had a dairy allergy and needed an accommodation to the dish ordered. The chef worked with us to substitute some other menu items and created a delicious entree. The extra effort by our waitress was appreciated and the accommodation by the kitchen was appreciated as well. Made for a lovely mean and a terrific evening.Special Features:
- really good foodTexanDined on 8/6/2014Ah the food was just fabulous. Everything ordered was so flavorful. The restaurant is a bit noisy but it is lively. Good wine choice. Highly recomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie PaulFoodiePaulDined on 7/31/2014Enjoy variety on menu plus unique Italian dishes that other so called competitors don't dare to make. Appetizers ,salads are great and you cant go wrong with any of the pasta choices. Restaurant is loud by design so great hearing is needed for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Good place to meet for dinnersallyNCDined on 7/18/2014I needed a place to catch up with an old friend from out of town. Food was great and not typical fare. They put us in at quieter table so we could hear each other, and they let us take our time with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and noisyFromRaleighDined on 7/18/2014I brought colleagues for a leisurely dinner, but we also needed to have some business discussions. Service was excellent. Food was interesting. But the restaurant was so hot (on a relatively cool summer night) and so loud that I couldn't appreciate the experience.Special Features:
- It's about timediamondDaveDined on 7/14/2014....that I finally ate here. Several people have mentioned this place to me and I was finally able to go and experience it myself. I'm glad I went because this place reminds me of the "California style" ambiance, decorations, and professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionlikegr8foodDined on 7/12/2014An evening out at Vivace for my wife and I was a wonderful experience. The waitstaff was attentive; although a little stiff - could be more engaging. The food was excellent - great flavor in my black linquini and the tuna appetizer with the melon was outstanding. And the wine choices were OK. My wife would like to have seen more than one chardonnay choice. a good experience and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Lived in Cary for many years and just heard of vivace and so glad we did. Food was excellent and service great. Sat on patio which made even better. Definetlyvwill go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorelDined on 7/4/2014They made an attempt to accommodate my wife and I fairly well. Being that she is new to the type of food provided at Vivace she was not able to fully indulge on the experience. The server was friendly about this however, and I would definitely pay my respect to the chef on any day. The chef made a little plate for my wife and I who were in Raleigh celebrating our 2nd anniversary in the town we met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed with my first visitSmorrisDined on 7/4/2014The food was excellent, the staff was great (a little room for improvement but very good overall). Some very unique takes on some classics and the combinations of flavors was outstanding. Was only one dish out of several I tried that I was on the fence about, the rest where fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014loved, loved the gnocchi spinach salad. Will go back just for that! It was loud inside, so it's not a great place to take folks who have a hard time hearing dinner conversations. Alternatively, if you can swing outside seating, that's much more peaceful. The hostess took really good care of us and thoughtfully put us in a booth when we asked for the quietest spot she could manage. That made a huge difference.Special Features:
- AmazingJon11Dined on 6/29/2014Great place, who would of knew, this place was so good, great outdoor dining and bar areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingPetuDined on 6/27/2014Worse bruschetta I've ever had. Main course was pappardelle with bolognese sauce. The sauce reminded me of Chef-Boy-Are-Dee from when I was a kid which is not a good memory. It was served room temperature and was sprinkled with what looked like Kraft powdered Parmesan cheese. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing but I won't be back to find out. Others at the table were equally disappointed.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014Excellent - Always! Great atmosphere (a little loud), good bar, FANTASTIC food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014You cannot go wrong with this place. Fabulous menu and food and drink all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a place to dine that wont rush youWildCanukidanDined on 6/21/2014The one thing I really hate about dining out - is when a restaurant feels that speed is the key to a good meal. I disagree. I feel that timing takes a higher spot on my priorities when enjoying a meal. I like to feel that each course was brought out precisely when it was meant to. Not overlapping or stumbling onto the course I am still trying to finish. Vivace's timing paired with their wonderful food and service met my and exceeded my expectations for almost effortlessly. I highly recommend spending an evening here with friends or loved ones - or both. Cheers!Special Features:
- Delicious food, top-notch serviceWakeForestFoodieDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day dinner with 3 kids and my mother-in-law. Needless to say we had a lot of varying tastes at the table and everyone loved their food. We had the brussel sprouts, which everyone loved - even those who swore they wouldn't even try them, the raviolis, risotto and veggie pasta and it was all great. The salads were terrific and dessert too. Not a single complaint. A note however: The wine list is entirely Italian, but their Sommelier gave us great advice on two different bottles of Chardonnay. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Good place for a lively dinnerJimNCVIPDined on 6/13/2014Vivace is a lively restaurant with good food. The service was very prompt and attentive. The entree I had was 4 cheese ravioli with added meatballs. My wife had veal saltimboca. Both were great. The highlight was the warm kale salad as a starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceLaLaDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful food, service and atmosphere! Seasonal appetizers were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food experienceOzilDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed another great meal at Vivace. The highlight for me was the pear and cinnamon sorbet. It was very refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining rekaxed and casual!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014Relaxed casual atmospher on a pretty night! Loved that they had a gluten free menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening, excellent foodkarenVIPDined on 6/3/2014.Excellent food, beautiful presentation. Great service. Energetic and fun. Staff was very professional and helpful. They were willing to make substitutions and accommodate all of our requests. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- always deliciouslvrraleighDined on 5/27/2014Vivace is consistently great. The wines were incredible, the waitstaff was knowledgeable and fast to offer a recommendation on both food and wine. I love eating here!Special Features:
- WonderfulYummyDined on 5/23/2014Recently dined out on the patio on a Friday evening. Our total experience was wonderful. The service, food, and drinks were superb. I recommend this for anyone craving delicious Italian & a sexy atmosphere. Great date night spot!Special Features:
- Sandy clamsBrewUKDined on 5/22/2014I had Linguini with clams for my entree and one of the clams had full of sand. I was not too pleased with it but I didn't say anything because clams live in ocean. However, I will not order that dish again. Other than the sandy clams, all other orders, appetizer and dessert, were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad experiencemdb0112VIPDined on 5/22/2014I love Vivace! It's always one of my go-to restaurants when someone comes to town to visit during the spring and summer. She loved it and we had a great time!Special Features:
- Great placerockhound43Dined on 5/22/2014Excellent service, beautiful décor, delicious food. Salmon and Romaine was unusual, tasty and healthy. Great food presentation--hostess was a gem: smart, warm, welcoming and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner. Dessert - not so muchNealDined on 5/18/2014The service was great and the food came in a timely manner. It was hard to understand many of the food items on the menu being that they were in Italian. We had grilled salmon and asparagus -- which was awesome. When it was time to order dessert, we picked the chocolate item thinking it would be the safest without running the risk of getting something we didn't like. It arrived and it was nothing more than 4 small powered donuts with very little chocolate filling -- we were totally disappointed, but it is what it is.Special Features:
- Viva VivaceEjkoDined on 5/16/2014This was our third visit to Vivace, and all have been memorable. Our server was attentive and helpful, but not overbearing. Our table enjoyed scallops, ravioli and salmon after starting with an olives and almonds appetizer. All were superb, as were the wines that accompanied them. Overall, a great restaurant!Special Features: