Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara
7100 Aviara Resort Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivace-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (760) 448-1234 ext. 6999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday from 6pm until 9.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Jason Seibert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Vivace Restaurant offers a private dining room for parties up to 14 people. Semi-private dining is also available for up to 40 people. Please contact Elizabeth Cooney for any additional information about menus, pricing and seating options.
- Private Party Facilities: Our signature San Diego restaurant offers interpretations of regional Italian cuisine. The atmosphere is subtly sophisticated, with a fireplace and views of the golf course and cliffs overlooking the ocean, which you can enjoy while dining on our terrace or at a window-side table. Vivace is proud to offer one of the most comprehensive Italian wine lists in Southern California, featuring some of Italy's greatest wines as well as some hidden gems from lesser known regions of the country.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Cooney 760-448-1234x6907
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday thru Saturday 6pm to 9pm in Vivace.
Tuesday thru Saturday from 7:00pm to 11pm in the Lobby Lounge area.
- Special Events:
A word from Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara
Italian for “alive,” Vivace Restaurant features innovative, Italian cuisine in elegant yet contemporary surroundings. The AAA Four-Diamond Vivace Restaurant features an exquisite regional Italian cuisine, created by Chef de Cuisine Jason Seibert, showcasing decadent entrees with an award winning comprehensive wine list highlighting selections from various regions throughout Italy. All pastas are house-made daily, using only organic ingredients, come try the sensational Risotto all’Astice or the famous Rigatoni alla Bolognese. Dine by the cozy fireplace in the winter or on the inviting terrace during the warmer summer months, while enjoying the spectacular ocean and golf course vistas. Life music every Friday and Saturday performed by Wolf Marshall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (17)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (13)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (6)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Elegant and deliciousLeonediromaVIPDined on 11/21/2014We went here for the first time and happened upon their Friday night antipasto buffet - two tables full of delicious hors d'oeuvres, French cheeses, Italian prosciutto. We took two trips to those tables! The selections were gourmet and very tasty. Follow that with beautifully grilled sea bass paired with creamy polenta and broccolini. We were stuffed.... but not too full to miss out on the table full of desserts: Tiramisu, panna cotta, chocolate caramel pudding, flourless chocolate mousse cake, peach tart, a creamy lemon cake, and two huge jars full of cookies and biscotti. A real trip, served up in an elegant and romantic dining room with tables set far apart and a few couches, a fireplace, and a jazz guitarist, playing mellow music with just the right mood and volume. Only open for dinner, and closed on Sunday. They don't have brunch in this restaurant. What a find, though, right in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular in all regardsNorCalDanVIPDined on 11/20/2014Food was prepared perfectly. Service was about as good as it gets. Our table was the perfect spot for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineout5outof7.dineout5outof7Dined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed the evening, very good food and wine. Especially enjoyed the guitar player during the evening in the dining room. His name is Wolf and he is very personable and talented. It added a special touch to the evening!Special Features:
- Great placeCosmo7VIPDined on 9/22/2014Excellent in service, elegance, food and location. Servers are well trained, energetic and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchunderwhelmedVIPDined on 9/20/2014From the setting, the service and the food this is repeatedly a truly wonderful dining experience. We've dined here four times, tried numerous items and each was beautifully prepared with fresh ingredients and deeply flavorful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- italy7peruDined on 9/15/2014The food, service and ambiance were amazingly wonderful as always. However with so many new restaurants in the area, competition is greater than it used to be. I'd suggest review their menu prices to make it more affordable to more people. We ourselves enjoyed the experience and celebrating our wedding anniversary there was tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantIntheknowVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our last few visits have definitely been an improvement over our half dozen visits, over three years ago, when owned by the Four Seasons. The Park Hyatt has done a wonderful job in improving their menu and food. The service and food were impeccable. The entire team was so attentive. And, there is a guitar player playing continually through dinner. The decor is just outstanding. We will be back on a regular basis.Special Features:
- CarlDined on 8/29/2014The menu on their web page was quit different from the menu available at the restaurant. My wife and I picked out choices that would compliment both our tastes, but two dinner menus out of three were not available. Also, they offered a hanger steak rather than rib eye, so they must be making more money on cheaper offerings.
- tkTskiDined on 8/29/2014Had their friday evening seafood dinner. Cold foods such as oysters on the half shell, smoked salmon, charcuterie is buffet style while a main entree is selected a la carte. Don't really have room for the entree after the cold apps, but it is so tasty you can't help but eat it all! Save room for the desserts!Special Features:
- special occasionVernDined on 8/23/2014We celebrated 2 birthdays and the birthday dessert was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace at Hyatt Aviara is fabulousLoveGreatFoodDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went to Vivace to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. It was extraordinary. We ate out on the Terrace which has a lovely view. A violinist below us near the fountain played so beautifully. Our waiter Butch was phenomenal and took such good care of us. The chef was amazing. The quality of the food is the best available -- fresh and superb. The chef was so inventive. It was most impressive, and we are experienced diners. It is a romantic spot, and the waitstaff is excellent. We felt well taken care of for such a special occasion. We have told our friends, and we'll definitely be going back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find at the Park Hyatt AviaraSDBcruiseVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've now been here 3 times and can't say enough good things! Beautiful restaurant and the choice of food is outstanding. Not to mention the food is simply delicious and beautifully presented. Best gourmet italian food in North county!!Special Features:
- very enjoyablekandcVIPDined on 8/1/2014enjoyed entire experience. delightful selection of starters and dessert - unexpected twisted with the self-serve - main entrees were reasonable portions.Special Features:
- fra100Dined on 7/29/2014Excellent dinner and ambience. We enjoyed celebrating a Birthday with our night out. Hotel looks great.Special Features:
- The following 289 reviews are from the Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara reviews archive.
- Welcome back Chef JasonOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014We were so happy to hear that Chef Jason was now at Vivace. We had a wonderful dinner and everyone in our party is still talking about how amazing our dining experience was. I wish more restaurants would consider the tasting menu concept, it is a wonderful way to try a few different dishes without over eating. We all went with the four course option and every course was on point. We were loyal fans of Chef Jason's at Café Cerise, and if possible, we think he has gotten even better over the years. Welcome back Chef..you were missed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done!07192014Dined on 7/19/2014We were staying at the Aviara and the "Vivace" was suggested to us by our friends who live in Carlsbad. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with our two dear friends on Saturday PM - the 19th of July. Our waitress was outstanding with her knowledge and presentation of our meals. We spent 3 hours and felt like the time flew by. Everything was beautifully plated, the staff worked quickly and efficiently. We would definitely dine there again. We felt very special and were treated so well. Many thanks for the amazing evening! Jana and Paul Pompier, Chesapeake, VirginiaSpecial Features:
- Excellent!FrankDined on 7/5/2014Simply outstanding. Food and service were both exceptional. Definitely opt for the 5 course meal... appetizers/pasta courses definitely outshined the entrée course (not that the entrée was bad - it was just that the preceeding plates were incredible). Definitely recommend dropping by the Park Hyatt Aviara to check this one out.Special Features:
- Un-VivaceFoodiemuseDined on 7/4/2014Vivace has lost a bit of its elegance. We have always thought of Vivace as an elegant fine dining experience. We reserve our visits for special occasions. This visit revealed a less polished act. The buffet style anti-pasta and mediocre main courses disappointed. The service was par to subpar from our previous experiences. Maybe the excuse is because it was July 4th. It seemed like a nice hotel restaurant rather than a high-end restaurant in a really nice hotel. We will definitely give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One little detailOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Please please please work on your ambience lighting... Lights can make or break a place... Everything else was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buyer Beware!CACulinaryChicVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have been dining at Vivace's for almost 17 years. We ate there Saturday night for the last time. The service and menu have greatly declined. The tables surrounding us were coverd with dirty dishes and glasses long after the patrons had left for the night. There was no rush or care to keep the ambience elegant. The food was not the same either. I am guessing that there is a new chef in town. It looks like the only item The Four Seasons left behind was an expensive price for dinner. Buyer beware!
- wow!SDBcruiseVIPDined on 6/14/2014Dined here on Saturday night and we were extremely impressed by the cuisine and the amazing service. We had been here once before on New years eve and it wasn't reflective of how wonderful this place is! The food and value were OUTSTANDING! I'm unsure about the negative posts. I will say this restaurant is for a refined palatte and is inovative and delicious (not your typical red sauce restaurant so if thats what you're looking for you should go to Tuscany down the road...which I DONT recommend). Honestly, best italian food I've had in North county bar none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated My BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/26/2014Every part of our evening was perfect. All the staff treated us like royality. Noel and Marshall are a true asset to this fabulous restaurant. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- PricyCamarioliDined on 5/25/2014Pricy for what it is. I don't mind paying what I did, but only for an amazing food. The food is normal. Our waiter was amazing, friendly, etc.
- AveragetomhVIPDined on 5/13/2014I've been to this restaurant several times, including when it opened under Four Seasons. At one point they hired a new chef and the dinning room was full. Last Tuesday night there were three tables occupied in the dinning room and the food was average at best. Maybe it was me so I will go back at some point but my impression was that they were no longer striving for excellence. The meat sauce bolognese was a sauce with no particular character served over noodles out of the box. The entree lacked seasoning. Too bad. Beautiful setting which should be serving food for special occasions.
- Amazing Italian at a Hotel!!!!highexpectationsVIPDined on 5/10/2014I would have never guessed that this could be one of the most memorable Italian dinners I have ever experienced in California. The chef a non-Italian by the way does a masterful job presenting a flavor bursting fare with a wonderful presentation. Great looking restaurant, polished staff, and a robust wine list. Thanks for a great evening....Special Features:
- FABULOUS!lbiggieVIPDined on 5/7/2014Marshall, Butch, Paige, and David are all outstanding Vivace staff. The food speaks for itself, but the service is unparalleled. Thank you for helping to make a friend's birthday dinner so very special. We will be back.Special Features:
- Bivalve dinner reviewVdayloverVIPDined on 5/3/2014Went off recommendation that this was 5 star restaurant experience. I made reservations through Open Table which went well. Or reservation was for 745pm, great service in beginning with drink order etc, dinner order was taken 45 minutes later, a little too long and then dinner was finally served almost one hour later. 2 of 4 dinners were undercooked and sent back for a little more cooking which took 30 more minutes and then came back overcooked. Our 2 guests were almost finished when we received our meals. There was one small apology for the delay but no offer to adjust our almost $400 bill. I am not sure what caused so much delay but was expecting a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/29/2014We have been going to Vivace for many years. We are fortunate to live near the Park Hyatt (former Four Seasons). We use this restaurant for special occasions, place to go to impress people from out of town and whenever we want to treat ourselves.It is always superb food and service. They change their menu seasonally so it never get's boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not prepared for a rush?HungryBearDined on 4/25/2014Have been going to the Aviara as far back as when it was a newly built Hotel. Vivace can be a little iffy when it comes to service. What I mean is, they have great service as long as the Restaurant doesn't get too busy. Celebrated my Wife Linda's Birthday. She enjoys a cocktail in the Lounge then to move into the restaurant for our reservations. The restaurant over the years has gone from a rather plush/romantic decor to a more relaxed less formal atmosphere. Still fine. Our waiter Henry was great and he had support of a bus person and food server. His knowledge of menu was perfect and helped us select a great tasting wine then a wonderful multi course meal. Crowds hit around our dessert time. Then service really slowed to a crawl.Special Features:
- 5-Star Chef with 5-Star Service!foodieCoupleDined on 3/15/2014Our meals at Vivace always live up to our expectations! The offerings are full of flavor, imaginative and artfully plated! Kudos to the whole team that make this a truly wonderful gem. From the moment you arrive, you are quickly greeted by the parking valet, and as you make your way to the restaurant, the live music in the lounge is a prelude to a relaxing evening. As in many of our past visits, we were warmly welcomed by the restaurant manager. He fulfilled our request for a special table to celebrate a birthday with a lovely table near the fireplace. From there on our evening was perfect. The live guitarist set a warm ambience, as the extremely attentive and knowledgeable staff set out to make our evening enjoyable. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationFoodFansVIPDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I are locals and wanted to go someplace special to celebrate our 5 year anniversary but didn't want to drive to Del Mar like we usually do. We decided to try Vivace and are so glad we did. The food, service and ambiance far exceeded our expectations. The seasonal menu is cleverly designed to give guests an opportunity to enjoy multiple menu items, similar to a Chef's tasting menu. We felt utterly pampered by the exceptional attention to detail from the staff and savored every morsel of food beginning with the amuse bouche and every course along the way to the final surprise anniversary dessert. We absolutely loved our dining experience and plan on returning to see what the next season will bring to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate FrustrationcoachcariDined on 2/1/2014This restaurant was excellent but I was very frustrated that they counted me as a no-show. We were staying at the hotel but I had made our dinner reservations through Open Table. I might have rated it higher if I hadn't been irritated about that, especially when I specifically told them I booked through Open Table when we checked in.
- Perfect for special occasion!Momof3VIPDined on 1/31/2014Went for my birthday and it all was perfect. Service outstanding - out server Butch was the best. Great food and wine recommendations. The music playing in the background was delightful and the fire added the right date quality. Cauliflower soup was amazing as was the lobster risotto. Tiramisu was light and flavorful ( could have eaten two) highly recommend for a special occasion or even a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice for a quiet dinnervinoperkiDined on 1/31/2014Very nice for a quiet dinner with some background musician. A bit too loud so we moved to another room. Post dinner enterttainment in the lobby bar was excellent. Great for staying there. Food was very nice. Wine list was limited.Special Features:
- OKrmccrDined on 12/31/2013It was ok but the food was not that good for the price. Service was a bit slow and servers seemed bored and disinterested in their work. Just not like it was when the 4 seasons was operating the facility. The restaurant may be the same but the service is not 4 seasons level. First time there and will not go back.Special Features:
- Christmas Eve service issuesmdgcm01VIPDined on 12/24/2013Perhaps the kitchen was under staffed; 30+ minutes between removal of the appetizer plates and arrival of the entree was a bit too much time. Got dessert to go and we were on our way nearly 1 hour 45 minutes after (only 2 courses) arriving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva Vivace!PhillydanDined on 12/14/2013We always enjoy dining at Vivace. This time was no different. We were sat a nice table where the setting was very romantic and quiet. As usual, they have a great wine list and a great wines by the glass. The service is impeccable, not overdone with too many interruptions, our Waitress was attentive and very nice and knew the menu well. I like the how they have the different price tiers to choose from based on your appetite. My wife selected the Sea Bream with mussels, clams, etc. It was delicious; similar, yet different from Sea Bass. She started with the soup of the day that again was excellent. We also shared an excellent Rigatoni Alla Bolognese. I had the Venison Loin which was prepared just right. Dessert was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealRacerManDined on 12/5/2013Wow! Italian cuisine here was outstanding! Best part was the option of choosing your own three, four or five course meal from among their many tasty menu items. Perfect portion sizes each course. Everything we ordered was fantastic and the service was excellent as well. Highly recommend Vivace and we look forward to going back next time we stay at Aviara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!debbieDined on 11/9/2013I just met up with a friend there--the restaurant is approximately halfway for both of us. It was a very enjoyable dinner. Food was excellent (salad and short rib bolognese). The service was impeccable and very friendly. I would easily go back. The one thing I wished they had was self parking. I'm not a big fan of valet, although it does give people jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return again!BobsBasicsVIPDined on 11/6/2013Great service and food. The venison was fantastic, all four of us loved the food, presentation and the depth of the wait staff. Great wine list. Will return on our next trip to Carlsbad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.