Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara
7100 Aviara Resort Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivace-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7604481234x6999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday from 6pm until 9.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Jason Seibert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Vivace Restaurant offers a private dining room for parties up to 14 people. Semi-private dining is also available for up to 40 people. Please contact Elizabeth Cooney for any additional information about menus, pricing and seating options.
- Private Party Facilities: Our signature San Diego restaurant offers interpretations of regional Italian cuisine. The atmosphere is subtly sophisticated, with a fireplace and views of the golf course and cliffs overlooking the ocean, which you can enjoy while dining on our terrace or at a window-side table. Vivace is proud to offer one of the most comprehensive Italian wine lists in Southern California, featuring some of Italy's greatest wines as well as some hidden gems from lesser known regions of the country.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Cooney 760-448-1234x6907
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday thru Saturday 6pm to 9pm in Vivace.
Tuesday thru Saturday from 7:00pm to 11pm in the Lobby Lounge area.
- Special Events:
A word from Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara
Italian for “alive,” Vivace Restaurant features innovative, Italian cuisine in elegant yet contemporary surroundings. The AAA Four-Diamond Vivace Restaurant features an exquisite regional Italian cuisine, created by Chef de Cuisine Jason Seibert, showcasing decadent entrees with an award winning comprehensive wine list highlighting selections from various regions throughout Italy. All pastas are house-made daily, using only organic ingredients, come try the sensational Risotto all’Astice or the famous Rigatoni alla Bolognese. Dine by the cozy fireplace in the winter or on the inviting terrace during the warmer summer months, while enjoying the spectacular ocean and golf course vistas. Life music every Friday and Saturday performed by Wolf Marshall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (13)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (9)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Well Done!07192014Dined on 7/19/2014We were staying at the Aviara and the "Vivace" was suggested to us by our friends who live in Carlsbad. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with our two dear friends on Saturday PM - the 19th of July. Our waitress was outstanding with her knowledge and presentation of our meals. We spent 3 hours and felt like the time flew by. Everything was beautifully plated, the staff worked quickly and efficiently. We would definitely dine there again. We felt very special and were treated so well. Many thanks for the amazing evening! Jana and Paul Pompier, Chesapeake, VirginiaSpecial Features:
- Un-VivaceFoodiemuseDined on 7/4/2014Vivace has lost a bit of its elegance. We have always thought of Vivace as an elegant fine dining experience. We reserve our visits for special occasions. This visit revealed a less polished act. The buffet style anti-pasta and mediocre main courses disappointed. The service was par to subpar from our previous experiences. Maybe the excuse is because it was July 4th. It seemed like a nice hotel restaurant rather than a high-end restaurant in a really nice hotel. We will definitely give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One little detailOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Please please please work on your ambience lighting... Lights can make or break a place... Everything else was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buyer Beware!CACulinaryChicVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have been dining at Vivace's for almost 17 years. We ate there Saturday night for the last time. The service and menu have greatly declined. The tables surrounding us were coverd with dirty dishes and glasses long after the patrons had left for the night. There was no rush or care to keep the ambience elegant. The food was not the same either. I am guessing that there is a new chef in town. It looks like the only item The Four Seasons left behind was an expensive price for dinner. Buyer beware!
- wow!SDBcruiseVIPDined on 6/14/2014Dined here on Saturday night and we were extremely impressed by the cuisine and the amazing service. We had been here once before on New years eve and it wasn't reflective of how wonderful this place is! The food and value were OUTSTANDING! I'm unsure about the negative posts. I will say this restaurant is for a refined palatte and is inovative and delicious (not your typical red sauce restaurant so if thats what you're looking for you should go to Tuscany down the road...which I DONT recommend). Honestly, best italian food I've had in North county bar none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated My BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/26/2014Every part of our evening was perfect. All the staff treated us like royality. Noel and Marshall are a true asset to this fabulous restaurant. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- PricyCamarioliDined on 5/25/2014Pricy for what it is. I don't mind paying what I did, but only for an amazing food. The food is normal. Our waiter was amazing, friendly, etc.
- AveragetomhVIPDined on 5/13/2014I've been to this restaurant several times, including when it opened under Four Seasons. At one point they hired a new chef and the dinning room was full. Last Tuesday night there were three tables occupied in the dinning room and the food was average at best. Maybe it was me so I will go back at some point but my impression was that they were no longer striving for excellence. The meat sauce bolognese was a sauce with no particular character served over noodles out of the box. The entree lacked seasoning. Too bad. Beautiful setting which should be serving food for special occasions.
- Amazing Italian at a Hotel!!!!highexpectationsVIPDined on 5/10/2014I would have never guessed that this could be one of the most memorable Italian dinners I have ever experienced in California. The chef a non-Italian by the way does a masterful job presenting a flavor bursting fare with a wonderful presentation. Great looking restaurant, polished staff, and a robust wine list. Thanks for a great evening....Special Features:
- FABULOUS!lbiggieDined on 5/7/2014Marshall, Butch, Paige, and David are all outstanding Vivace staff. The food speaks for itself, but the service is unparalleled. Thank you for helping to make a friend's birthday dinner so very special. We will be back.Special Features:
- Bivalve dinner reviewVdayloverVIPDined on 5/3/2014Went off recommendation that this was 5 star restaurant experience. I made reservations through Open Table which went well. Or reservation was for 745pm, great service in beginning with drink order etc, dinner order was taken 45 minutes later, a little too long and then dinner was finally served almost one hour later. 2 of 4 dinners were undercooked and sent back for a little more cooking which took 30 more minutes and then came back overcooked. Our 2 guests were almost finished when we received our meals. There was one small apology for the delay but no offer to adjust our almost $400 bill. I am not sure what caused so much delay but was expecting a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/29/2014We have been going to Vivace for many years. We are fortunate to live near the Park Hyatt (former Four Seasons). We use this restaurant for special occasions, place to go to impress people from out of town and whenever we want to treat ourselves.It is always superb food and service. They change their menu seasonally so it never get's boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not prepared for a rush?HungryBearDined on 4/25/2014Have been going to the Aviara as far back as when it was a newly built Hotel. Vivace can be a little iffy when it comes to service. What I mean is, they have great service as long as the Restaurant doesn't get too busy. Celebrated my Wife Linda's Birthday. She enjoys a cocktail in the Lounge then to move into the restaurant for our reservations. The restaurant over the years has gone from a rather plush/romantic decor to a more relaxed less formal atmosphere. Still fine. Our waiter Henry was great and he had support of a bus person and food server. His knowledge of menu was perfect and helped us select a great tasting wine then a wonderful multi course meal. Crowds hit around our dessert time. Then service really slowed to a crawl.Special Features:
- The following 273 reviews are from the Vivace - Park Hyatt Aviara reviews archive.
- 5-Star Chef with 5-Star Service!foodieCoupleDined on 3/15/2014Our meals at Vivace always live up to our expectations! The offerings are full of flavor, imaginative and artfully plated! Kudos to the whole team that make this a truly wonderful gem. From the moment you arrive, you are quickly greeted by the parking valet, and as you make your way to the restaurant, the live music in the lounge is a prelude to a relaxing evening. As in many of our past visits, we were warmly welcomed by the restaurant manager. He fulfilled our request for a special table to celebrate a birthday with a lovely table near the fireplace. From there on our evening was perfect. The live guitarist set a warm ambience, as the extremely attentive and knowledgeable staff set out to make our evening enjoyable. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationFoodFansVIPDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I are locals and wanted to go someplace special to celebrate our 5 year anniversary but didn't want to drive to Del Mar like we usually do. We decided to try Vivace and are so glad we did. The food, service and ambiance far exceeded our expectations. The seasonal menu is cleverly designed to give guests an opportunity to enjoy multiple menu items, similar to a Chef's tasting menu. We felt utterly pampered by the exceptional attention to detail from the staff and savored every morsel of food beginning with the amuse bouche and every course along the way to the final surprise anniversary dessert. We absolutely loved our dining experience and plan on returning to see what the next season will bring to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasion!Momof3VIPDined on 1/31/2014Went for my birthday and it all was perfect. Service outstanding - out server Butch was the best. Great food and wine recommendations. The music playing in the background was delightful and the fire added the right date quality. Cauliflower soup was amazing as was the lobster risotto. Tiramisu was light and flavorful ( could have eaten two) highly recommend for a special occasion or even a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice for a quiet dinnervinoperkiDined on 1/31/2014Very nice for a quiet dinner with some background musician. A bit too loud so we moved to another room. Post dinner enterttainment in the lobby bar was excellent. Great for staying there. Food was very nice. Wine list was limited.Special Features:
- OKrmccrDined on 12/31/2013It was ok but the food was not that good for the price. Service was a bit slow and servers seemed bored and disinterested in their work. Just not like it was when the 4 seasons was operating the facility. The restaurant may be the same but the service is not 4 seasons level. First time there and will not go back.Special Features:
- Christmas Eve service issuesmdgcm01VIPDined on 12/24/2013Perhaps the kitchen was under staffed; 30+ minutes between removal of the appetizer plates and arrival of the entree was a bit too much time. Got dessert to go and we were on our way nearly 1 hour 45 minutes after (only 2 courses) arriving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva Vivace!PhillydanDined on 12/14/2013We always enjoy dining at Vivace. This time was no different. We were sat a nice table where the setting was very romantic and quiet. As usual, they have a great wine list and a great wines by the glass. The service is impeccable, not overdone with too many interruptions, our Waitress was attentive and very nice and knew the menu well. I like the how they have the different price tiers to choose from based on your appetite. My wife selected the Sea Bream with mussels, clams, etc. It was delicious; similar, yet different from Sea Bass. She started with the soup of the day that again was excellent. We also shared an excellent Rigatoni Alla Bolognese. I had the Venison Loin which was prepared just right. Dessert was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealRacerManDined on 12/5/2013Wow! Italian cuisine here was outstanding! Best part was the option of choosing your own three, four or five course meal from among their many tasty menu items. Perfect portion sizes each course. Everything we ordered was fantastic and the service was excellent as well. Highly recommend Vivace and we look forward to going back next time we stay at Aviara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!debbieDined on 11/9/2013I just met up with a friend there--the restaurant is approximately halfway for both of us. It was a very enjoyable dinner. Food was excellent (salad and short rib bolognese). The service was impeccable and very friendly. I would easily go back. The one thing I wished they had was self parking. I'm not a big fan of valet, although it does give people jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return again!BobsBasicsVIPDined on 11/6/2013Great service and food. The venison was fantastic, all four of us loved the food, presentation and the depth of the wait staff. Great wine list. Will return on our next trip to Carlsbad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian in AviarajojiDined on 11/4/2013I found the same quality restaurant in Florence Italy and Tokyo Japan here in Aviara! Very attentive service and good quality foods.Special Features:
- Great flavor combinationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/4/2013The Venison was one of the best I have ever had, the service was great in fact we plan to eat there again on this stay to Cali.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTravelerDined on 10/11/2013Granted, it has been 3 years, but we were very disappointed with our visit to Vivace. We do not live in the area. Last time the food and service were outstanding. I was very excited to be returning. This time, our server appeared uninterested and mechanical. The food was good, however some items were somewhat overcooked and over seasoned. I speak as a chef school graduate. Unfortunately, we will have to find another "favorite special night out" venue when we visit San Diego.
- The food was excellent butMissionHillsDinersVIPDined on 10/10/2013The food was excellent but the service was a problem. There was large group on the terrace that when seated overwhelmed the restaurant with noise and denigrated the service. They had not staffed adequately to serve this party of 40, and maintain reasonable service for the regular tables. Would still go back but if they have a large group, would change the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marshall, our waiter thatMissionHillsDinersVIPDined on 10/5/2013Marshall, our waiter that evening, was superb. Hs knowledge of the wine list and menu items added greatly to the evening enjoymentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Evening for TwoBetsyDined on 9/6/2013The restaurant itself had a quiet contemporary elegance and there was attention to detail from the flatware to the water glasses. Enjoyed the selection of food available and how they set up the menu and pricing. Everything tasted delicious and there was attention to the presentation. Our waiter, who was friendly and attentive, gave us some suggestions for our entree and dessert which were very good. Actually my dessert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are lucky to have fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2013San Diego has very few fine dining restaurants. Vivace is one. People forget how to relax and enjoy good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013We are always searching for that "memorable meal". Most people can count on one hand the restaurants that provided something beyond a tasty entree. Lets face it, if we just wanted to satisfy out taste buds a bowl of macaroni and cheese would do the trick. You want something more. Not just good food but a true dining experience. Vivace gave us just that. We sat on a comfy love seat and pulled the table close. Ordering was easy, taking one from column A, one from column B, etc.. Then we just sat back and enjoyed the ride. My wife and I ordered separate items so we could share, without going into specifics, each dish, form the entree, to the pasta, to the entree, and finally the desert, were spectacular. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs table clothsQCommVIPDined on 8/11/2013Minor adjustments are needed. Table cloths would help.
- Exceptional!VitoSanDiegoVIPDined on 8/9/2013I must tip my hat to the chef for an exceptional menu that delivered on every element that was described by our fantastic waiter. The format for the menu allows for each diner to try different dishes which suited my wife and I very well. The server was extremely knowledgeable and by tasting the imported olive oil (served with warm bread), I knew we were in for a wonderful dining experience. A standout for me was the charcuterie board and the risottos. The only blind spot for Vivace is there was something about the ambiance that reminded me that I was in a hotel. The décor is beautiful, and the Hyatt is tremendous, but there is a small element that lingered that bordered on banquet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family, great for usOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2013Really top job of catering to fussy foodies and young kids. We had an awesome meal. The foie gras rocked, the steak well made. There is nowhere else within 20 miles of this qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for Fine DiningFiveStarDined on 7/20/2013The former chef has left. New chef marginal. Service very poor, waited over an hour for the main course and they were not that busy. Menu stated appetizer "Chicken Livers" with a limited description, it turned out to be toast, with a very thin covering of chicken liver paste, and the main part being shredded chicken. Extremely overpriced in both wine and food. Not Five Star.
- Great food. Love their prontoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/14/2013Great food. Love their pronto brunch. Its a hit. Everything is always fresh and tastes wonderful.Special Features:
- Service was great. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2013Service was great. Food was exceptional. Smoked scallops were delicious.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian Restaurant!2good2missDined on 7/5/2013Great food,Great Service and Very Romantic!!! Start at the Lobby Bar for cocktails with Roy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge Disappointment.BambooDined on 6/16/2013We were very happy with everything the first 2 times we went there for the Sunday Brunch. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. We have been recommending to a lot of our friends (foodies people) since we thought the money was well spent. However, when we were there last Sunday for the Father's Day event, oh boy... we were very disappointed. First I must say that the service was still excellent but the food was not up to par. Everything tasted SALTY!!!! The roasted garlic which we loved so much was full of oil, the grilled octopus was very tough. The homemade mozzarella cheese was so salty even when it was served with balsamic vinaigrette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Night OutyumyumDined on 6/15/2013We loved the ambiance and that the tables were widely spaced apart. The food was great. I am gluten free and found that there were so many options for me.The food was amazing. I had anappetizer with balsamic "caviar." So cool. They somehow make little balls of balsamic flavor that kind of burst in your mouth. I thought the valet parking was nice even though it freaked out my husband. He felt better when we learned that the restaurant validates valet parking. Service was fantastic. Our glasses were always full and they cleared plates almost instantly. We were seated next to a large party which got kinds of loud at times, but they were having fun so it's hard to complain. LOVED the dessert plate that said happy anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.