Vivace - Omaha
1108 Howard Street
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vivace - Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vivaceomaha.com/
- Phone: (402) 342-2050
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 5pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Bobby Mekiney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have partnered with The OM Rental Hall to cater your special events. Please contact Becca @ 402-342-2050 for booking information.
- Private Party Facilities: Vivace - Omaha offers a private party room that will accommodate up to 32 guests, the perfect place for a luncheon meeting or family celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Becca 402-342-2050x
A word from Vivace - Omaha
Located in the heart of Omaha's old market, Vivace has been satisfying the appetites of discriminating diners since 1993. Featuring fresh Italian cuisine & an award winning wine list, Vivace is the perfect choice for a casual night out, business lunch or special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vivace - Omaha - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Vivace - Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (45)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (18)scenic view (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- closing?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We heard that Vivace is closing in January. We are sad to hear that and hope it isn't true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would definitely go to Vivace again!PmorrisDined on 11/22/2014We had 7 people who ordered 7 different entrees, and all were a big hit. Service was fast, courteous and accommodating. They brought out a piece of dessert with a candle in it to help celebrate our 3 year old's birthday. The ambiance was very nice, including the distressed brick wall and subtle lighting. The only negative thing I would have to say was it was very warm in the restaurant and not just at our table. We felt it the second we walked in the door. The Old Market area of Omaha is really nice and we would definitely eat at Vivace again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicefoodforthought42Dined on 11/1/2014The food was amazing, service was prompt and knowledgeable. Even though we didn't have room for dessert everything tasted amazing the tomato relish on the bread was very tasty and not too over the top while we waited for our main dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit- disappointed!BirthdayGirl1025Dined on 10/25/2014The noise level was very loud. Our waiter was not helpful AT ALL! Needless to say, the waiter was the downer for our first experience. Other than that, the restaurant was very busy and our dinner was still able to be served within an acceptable time frame.Special Features:
- Wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014We had reservations for my birthday dinner at another restaurant in town. Wanting to stay in the Old Market area, we made last minute reservations at Vivace. We enjoyed a wonderful meal! Justin was an outstanding server offering recommendations that were on point (get the dates) and he didn't rush our party. We enjoyed a nice, long meal in the perfect atmosphere. I wanted dim lights, vibrant scene, great service and delicious food; we got all that and more at Vivace. I'd return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to it's excellenceSadbuttrueDined on 10/17/2014We had been here before and were looking forward to taking some friends ... The service was not complimentary and had to wait an extremely long time for EVERY course. Management did not respond well to complaints and we were VERY disappointed with the entire experience. We will most likely find another Omaha fine restaraunt to take friends to in the future...extremely disappointed. :-(Special Features:
- Great night.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Good food good atmosphere. The service was wonderful. It made for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to reviewsImpressedVIPDined on 10/13/2014Relied upon earlier reviews in selecting Vivace. Reviews were on point. While the majority of the dishes were primarily Italian, a good portion were not: flat bread was served with tapenade; I ordered paella. The starters were generous in size; duck tart was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly What We WantedgholmesjrDined on 10/10/2014Took my wife out for our one year anniversary/her birthday to dinner since they fall on the same weekend. Vivace was exactly what we had hoped for, reasonable prices, ambient atmosphere and great service. Food was awesome and the pumpkin desert was fantastic!Special Features:
- Great dinnerMichaelDined on 10/5/2014my friends and I work in the service industry, at a very highly rated restaurant here in Omaha. We found the food to be exquisite and wine selection was very nice and very reasonably priced. Our server was good, a little green, but very nice and we enjoyed his service. When a friend joined us for the dinner unexpectedly, I had to grab a silver wear set up from another table after the food started to arrive. I shouldn't have had to do that. I wasn't upset, it was not that big a deal. Where we work, we would have been extremely chastised for it though. The duck tart was amazing. The roast duck with mushroom risotto was excellent. The tenderloin with blueberry sauce and potatoes was excellent. Can't say enough good about the food.Special Features:
- nice night outsushi21Dined on 9/27/2014The decor was urban chic and had a big city feel. Our waiter was attentive and answered all of our questions, but he also allowed us to relax and enjoy our meal without feeling rushed. The bacon wrapped dates appetizer was delicious, as was the sweet pea & mushroom cream soup du jour. We had the duck breast with mushroom risotto, the stuffed pork chop with gorgonzola and pear, an italian panini, and the sausage and penne with gorgonzola sauce as our main entrees. All the dishes were delicious and thoughtfully prepared. The wine list was extensive, but unfortunately there was no beer on tap. I will most definitely be returning to Vivace again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IWC1996Dined on 9/26/2014We were celebrating our Women's Club 18th Anniversary. The food was delicious. Will came again.Special Features:
- Favorite hangoutMert56Dined on 9/26/2014Vivace's is a favorite of ours. The food is wonderful and the waiters have the exceptional quality of not being overly intrusive. They are there when needed yet so not interrupt conversation. There are many vegetarian options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Visit!cvanVIPDined on 9/22/2014Been to Omaha many times, but had never tried Vivace. . . glad to see OpenTable up to date with "Italian" listing! A friend/colleague & I each had a salad, Veal Parmesan, and tried the Durigutti Malbec (Mendoza): we couldn't have been more pleased--or full!! Vivace should be a "try here" first when compared to some of the other offerings in Old Downtown Omaha!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivaceDonnaDined on 9/20/2014We sat outside (perfect weather!) and enjoyed hearing a street musician entertain while dining!Special Features:
- jimmaryDined on 9/9/2014The server was very attentive and we were given a special treat at the end of the meal for our 25th Anniversary. The food was delicious as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely DonePurplePeopleEaterDined on 9/8/2014This Italian anchor of Omaha's Old Market delivers great food in a pleasant atmosphere with friendly and well-trained wait staff. Good variety in the menu. The pastas are the best.Special Features:
- Great EveningFoodieDined on 8/30/2014This place was great! I love the menu and a very good wine list. The food was very good and something for everyone. The server was very helpful, but never intrusive. We ordered an older bottle of wine and our server asked if we wanted it decanted without having to ask. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. The noise level was high. We are finding that to be the norm at any restaurant we go to in Omaha (noise level).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace deliversOmahaDiningDined on 8/29/2014Not a great fan of the ambiance, but the service is good and the food is excellent. Good list of daily specials but the regulars are all winners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Nice that they offer pasta in half orders. We were from out of town and a full pasta order would have gone to waste as we had no where to store a left-over. Food was good. Slight kitchen mix up so they comped us with a $13 appetizer!Special Features:
- FoodHannahDined on 8/23/2014The food just wasn't that good. All the people in my group said the food had no flavorSpecial Features:
- Still going strong!TessDined on 8/22/2014I worked here while attending law school over 10 years ago and it still boasts excellent food, wine and a knowledgeable staff. Great place for a date or a group.Special Features:
- redeemedfoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Recent visits to Vivace have not been stellar but this lunch redeemed our faith in the restaurant. The food was very good and our service was outstanding (although we saw others who weren't so lucky). We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Few Spots We Return ToNotRoyDined on 8/19/2014There are a very few restaurants we return to after the first try. Vivace is one of them. The diver scallops were great, again. The salmon is also top tier.Special Features:
- Upscale ItalianJayhawkChefDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is a very upscale Italian with a wide-variety of dinner choices including pasta, seafood and beef. The wine list was very good as well and several "house favorite" drinks were offered. Prices were a little on the high side for Omaha, NE, but overall a very fine dining choice.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationhmom358Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful time. The dinner was spot on and our waitress was very attentive. The restaurant had a mix of couples, families and girls night out.Special Features:
- Best in OmahaMychoiceDined on 8/10/2014We live 150 miles from Omaha but this is always our 1st choice for dining. The regular menu has superb Italian entrees, including pizza. Evening entre specials offer the widest variety of meats anywhere, and all served most tastefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayKrosenbaumDined on 8/9/2014We ate there for my daughters birthday and were very pleased with all of the dishes we tried and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivaceGfforlyfeDined on 8/9/2014Great food and a great waitress. The host that led us to our table though was not so great. As soon as we sat down she told us there was another reservation for this table at 7:30. I felt like she wanted us to rush, and this was a very rude comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- u17cqniDined on 8/7/2014We get to Omaha about once a year. this was our third trip back and we will keep coming back because the food is so consistently good, and the service is so attentive.Special Features:
- poor servicefoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014We have a positive history with Vivace and have never experienced such poor service. From the time we arrived til our salads were served was 45 minutes and we were one of only three occupied tables at lunchtime. Our food - which was good - was delivered 10 minutes later but we didn't get our check until 1 hour and 45 minutes into the visit. Unacceptable. We politely voiced displeasure and while another server stopped by with his apologies, the manager never came to visit us. Very disappointed. Bad service can ruin an entire dining experience.Special Features:
- consistently goodhensterVIPDined on 7/30/2014Time after time we are pleased with our dining experience at Vivace.Special Features:
- The following 763 reviews are from the Vivace - Omaha reviews archive.
- Wonderful time!EnjoyedAGreatTimeDined on 7/26/2014The night was perfect for my bachelorette party. The reservation was easy to make and we were seated right away when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop in Old Marketdinner4twoDined on 7/26/2014With many choices in Old Market, our Vivance experience was terrific. Our server was fantastic, the menu offered many great options, the food was wonderful and the ambiance was perfect for our first night in Omaha. Definitely would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1 year Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We wanted to go somewhere special and new and we had always wanted to try Vivace. We put in the comments section that it was our anniversary and they sat us at a table away from everyone else and they also gave us a delicious dessert on the house. Our server, Derek, was funny and very attentive and went out of his way for us on the special occasion. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a romantic, delicious place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABCBCDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were their with her cousin from NYC and we enjoyed a 3-hour dinner with wine, great entrees and two wonderful desserts. Also, our waiter, Matthew, was particularly attentive and timely. We have been here before but this time was especially good from every aspect. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Everything was good other then the food. It wasn't bad just not great for the price. I would go back again and try something different to see if the chef just had a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- julieDined on 7/15/2014Excellent food and service on the night we were there. We had a party of 7 and they were very accommodating with separate checks.Special Features:
- CullyDined on 7/11/2014Four of us ordered the humus appetizer and four different entrées. All were delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.