Vivace - Omaha
1108 Howard Street
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vivace - Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vivaceomaha.com/
- Phone: 4023422050x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 5pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Bobby Mekiney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have partnered with The OM Rental Hall to cater your special events. Please contact Becca @ 402-342-2050 for booking information.
- Private Party Facilities: Vivace - Omaha offers a private party room that will accommodate up to 32 guests, the perfect place for a luncheon meeting or family celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Becca 402-342-2050x
A word from Vivace - Omaha
Located in the heart of Omaha's old market, Vivace has been satisfying the appetites of discriminating diners since 1993. Featuring fresh Italian cuisine & an award winning wine list, Vivace is the perfect choice for a casual night out, business lunch or special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vivace - Omaha - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Vivace - Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (50)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (32)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (16)scenic view (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/30/2014This place was great! I love the menu and a very good wine list. The food was very good and something for everyone. The server was very helpful, but never intrusive. We ordered an older bottle of wine and our server asked if we wanted it decanted without having to ask. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. The noise level was high. We are finding that to be the norm at any restaurant we go to in Omaha (noise level).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Not a great fan of the ambiance, but the service is good and the food is excellent. Good list of daily specials but the regulars are all winners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodHannahDined on 8/23/2014The food just wasn't that good. All the people in my group said the food had no flavorSpecial Features:
- Still going strong!TessDined on 8/22/2014I worked here while attending law school over 10 years ago and it still boasts excellent food, wine and a knowledgeable staff. Great place for a date or a group.Special Features:
- redeemedfoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Recent visits to Vivace have not been stellar but this lunch redeemed our faith in the restaurant. The food was very good and our service was outstanding (although we saw others who weren't so lucky). We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Few Spots We Return ToNotRoyDined on 8/19/2014There are a very few restaurants we return to after the first try. Vivace is one of them. The diver scallops were great, again. The salmon is also top tier.Special Features:
- Upscale ItalianJayhawkChefDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is a very upscale Italian with a wide-variety of dinner choices including pasta, seafood and beef. The wine list was very good as well and several "house favorite" drinks were offered. Prices were a little on the high side for Omaha, NE, but overall a very fine dining choice.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationhmom358Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful time. The dinner was spot on and our waitress was very attentive. The restaurant had a mix of couples, families and girls night out.Special Features:
- Best in OmahaMychoiceDined on 8/10/2014We live 150 miles from Omaha but this is always our 1st choice for dining. The regular menu has superb Italian entrees, including pizza. Evening entre specials offer the widest variety of meats anywhere, and all served most tastefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayKrosenbaumDined on 8/9/2014We ate there for my daughters birthday and were very pleased with all of the dishes we tried and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivaceGfforlyfeDined on 8/9/2014Great food and a great waitress. The host that led us to our table though was not so great. As soon as we sat down she told us there was another reservation for this table at 7:30. I felt like she wanted us to rush, and this was a very rude comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- u17cqniDined on 8/7/2014We get to Omaha about once a year. this was our third trip back and we will keep coming back because the food is so consistently good, and the service is so attentive.Special Features:
- poor servicefoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014We have a positive history with Vivace and have never experienced such poor service. From the time we arrived til our salads were served was 45 minutes and we were one of only three occupied tables at lunchtime. Our food - which was good - was delivered 10 minutes later but we didn't get our check until 1 hour and 45 minutes into the visit. Unacceptable. We politely voiced displeasure and while another server stopped by with his apologies, the manager never came to visit us. Very disappointed. Bad service can ruin an entire dining experience.Special Features:
- consistently goodhensterVIPDined on 7/30/2014Time after time we are pleased with our dining experience at Vivace.Special Features:
- Wonderful time!EnjoyedAGreatTimeDined on 7/26/2014The night was perfect for my bachelorette party. The reservation was easy to make and we were seated right away when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop in Old Marketdinner4twoDined on 7/26/2014With many choices in Old Market, our Vivance experience was terrific. Our server was fantastic, the menu offered many great options, the food was wonderful and the ambiance was perfect for our first night in Omaha. Definitely would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1 year Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We wanted to go somewhere special and new and we had always wanted to try Vivace. We put in the comments section that it was our anniversary and they sat us at a table away from everyone else and they also gave us a delicious dessert on the house. Our server, Derek, was funny and very attentive and went out of his way for us on the special occasion. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a romantic, delicious place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABCBCDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were their with her cousin from NYC and we enjoyed a 3-hour dinner with wine, great entrees and two wonderful desserts. Also, our waiter, Matthew, was particularly attentive and timely. We have been here before but this time was especially good from every aspect. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Everything was good other then the food. It wasn't bad just not great for the price. I would go back again and try something different to see if the chef just had a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- julieDined on 7/15/2014Excellent food and service on the night we were there. We had a party of 7 and they were very accommodating with separate checks.Special Features:
- CullyDined on 7/11/2014Four of us ordered the humus appetizer and four different entrées. All were delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little off their gameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We were promptly seated, and ordered wine and an appetizer. The appetizer never arrived, but the field salad was very good. I ordered the lobster alfredo, which they initially said they were out of, but then they corrected that and I ordered it. The lobster was not very fresh, kind of chewy and made me think it was frozen and warmed up? My wife had the chicken marsala and it was excellent. We had the chocolate raspberry torte desert which was very good. Overall, I would say the ambiance and service were very good, but the food could be better.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014Warm greeting from the staff. Food is very average and as other reviewers noted, the pasta is extremely bland.Special Features:
- Jim wJimWVIPDined on 6/28/2014We wanted to have an Italian meal but the red sauce was not that great. The service from our waitress so sub par as we waited for bread and additional bottle of wine that never got to our table. I was glad I had a glass of water.
- Top notch foodAndyrooDined on 6/28/2014The food was fantastic. Definitely worth the money. Our service was really good to start but some big parties came and then it started to go down. Overall though, I'd definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at VivaceDinerDined on 6/26/2014While the service and atmoshpere were great, I was not impressed with the food. I had veal parmigiana, pretty much a standard Italian dish, and found the sauce to be bland, the pasta to be overcooked and the overall flavor of the dish to be disappointing. Because this was my first time dining at Vivace, I will give them another try in the future since any restaurant can have a bad night at any one time.Special Features:
- Great Night's Beginning!CosmoDined on 6/23/2014My girlfriend and I were in town for Bruno Mars and I've had Vivace before and knew it would be a good experience before the show. I'm so glad they proved me right! We were greeted with a welcoming smile as soon as we walked in, taken directly to our table and a waitress came over and greeted us right away. We had the artichoke dip and both had spinach salads which were all fresh and delicious. Both our meals were perfect and we love the half-portions! I wish more places would just put that option on the menu! Throughout the experience, the waitress was attentive and communicated about our meals and was making every effort to get us our meals in a timely fashion so we could be on our way to the show! Excellent job, again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Thank you for the great food and service prior to "Night at the Proms!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianFoodieHolicDined on 6/17/2014I ordered a featured duck breast dish. Loved the couscous/lentil side, but the duck breast was more raw than med. rare and a bit tough. I like duck breast skin crispy, and this was not, making skin rather unpleasant. Others ordered pasta with marinara sauce that was interesting because it was loaded with mozarella cheese. A bit too heavy, but tasty. Meatballs were very good. They have a great and creative selection of entrees and salads. Would go again, but stick with Italian fare.Special Features:
- CommunicationabcxyzDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I and another couple have been going to Vivace for years, usually once a month for dinner and a movie as we drive from Lincoln. Weather permitting, we smoke outdoors. This year we went in April and May. I called both times ahead of time to double check the smoking policy as we haven't been there since last fall I was told the smoking policy was the same as the previous years. When we arrived I was told by the waitress that we couldn't smoke. I mentioned I had called and could she double check. Both times she came back and said it was ok. This time she went and returned with a manager who arrived and was both rude and aggressive. We ended up having dinner, but there are too many other places to eat in Omaha for this.
- So So ItalianBizTravelerVIPDined on 6/9/2014Nice looking place, but food was did not live up to atmosphere. Carbonara was barely edible. Appetizers good.
- Food was good, attitude from serverAdam68102Dined on 6/7/2014Food was good but attitude from the server. At that price point there should be nothing but great service. The server would place good on the table as he would pass by. Nothing like the feel of being an inconvience to the server.Special Features:
- Just OKmemeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Just an OK experience, took about 1 hour to bring our food once order was placed.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceGolfdad1998Dined on 5/31/2014The food, atmosphere and service were all exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter made it OutstandingRaskaDined on 5/25/2014Ambience was terrific, food so good that our dining companions said they were coming back "tomorrow" but the highlight of our meal there was our waiter, Jason. A Kentucky charmer who provided for every wish - even bringing us the bartender's recipe for Cosmopolitans! Go to this restaurant and ask to be seated in Jason's area - you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningAliJoDined on 5/24/2014We hoped the rain would stay away so we could enjoy our patio dinner...and it did! Cassie was our server and she was outstanding! The food as always was perfect, love the quadralini with gorgonzola sauce. She also made a wonderful wine recommendation. Adding to the evening was a sax player down the street and also Omaha Street Percussion group playing. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional EclecticPastorCraigDined on 5/23/2014This is a cool restaurant. The food is mostly traditional with quirky and innovative twists. It was good. Our server was knowledgable, attentive, and fun. The dining room is an energetic, fun place. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love VivaceIAHAWKDined on 5/23/2014Vivace has been a favorite spot for us for years. We have celebrated many anniversaries here and love it. We brought a group of 7 this time and had asked for a nice table close to the windows. We had a wonderful table. The service was great. The waitress recommended a nice moderately price wine that was excellent. Overall we had a great food except one person had asked for rare steak and it was way too done. We sent it back and it came back medium. The person this happened to comes to Vivace often and they were quite disappointed. Therefore I didn't give food 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kenkw31836Dined on 5/10/2014Friendly greeters, fast efficient service, great food, and a nice wine list.Special Features: