Vivace - Charlotte
1100 Metropolitan Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vivace - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacecharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7043707755x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nate Garyantes, Zack Gadberry
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Mezzanine level in restaurant accommodates 50 persons. Space has it's own bar, restrooms, av options, patio and city view.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Kudalis 7043707755x
A word from Vivace - Charlotte
One of Charlotte's finest restaurants featuring the area's most authentic Italian cuisine and the best patio dining located in the easy to get to Metropolitan development at Midtown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vivace - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Vivace - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (86)special occasion (74)scenic view (70)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (57)romantic (47)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (35)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (24)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- food was outstandingBradDined on 9/20/2014First time going Vivace what a great surprise! I am not much for Italian, but my wife loves it! So I made a reservation on open table was running about 15 mins. Late so I called, they said no problem when we got there was set right away. (Very nice) told Joe our waiter that we were in a hurry. He was great! Will ask for him again the only thing that was not up to par for such a nice place was the terrible spread for the bread! Simple butter or olive oil whould be much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014It was an incredible night with old friends. Great view. Our server was very knowledgable and took care of us without hovering. It was a perfect night!Special Features:
- A Little DisappointingBgorVIPDined on 9/17/2014We've dined at Vivace several times and usually enjoy the experience. However, we weren't impressed this time. The food was the major disappointment. My girlfriend's black linguine was very salty and overpowered the dish and my veal saltimbocca ravioli was average at best. The veal was cooked fairly well, but under seasoned. The ravioli suffered the same fate, not much flavor. Service was pretty good though. I'm sure we'll return, but I hope we receive dishes that are executed much better.Special Features:
- Vivacious Vivace!Jjo64VIPDined on 9/13/2014Always consistent in food. Very yummy. Tried the heirloom tomatoes with crab, and the veal with raviolis. Delish. My husband had the house salad, and the spaghetti and meatballs. Also, very good. But, try the tomatoes, you can get a green salad everywhere! Fun date night, also fun with a group. Outside dining would be quieter and a lovely view of the skyline, or comfy couches. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great Meal!DMACDined on 9/13/2014We are regulars at Vivace, usually going in every 6-7 weeks. As usual, the food was fantastic. We dropped in for dinner prior to a show in uptown and had a nice relaxing dinner in about an hour. We shared 5 appetizers and they were all tasty and well presented. We continue to love Vivace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside diningCynthDined on 9/12/2014Great view of the Charlotte skyline while eating outside.Special Features:
- Consistently goodCiddogVIPDined on 9/5/2014Vivace has a nice combination of location, an attractive environment; and most importantly great food. The outdoor dining is top notch! Great for a lunch or a first rate dinner.Special Features:
- Unique dishAnonDined on 9/1/2014Tried a unique dish that I wasn't crazy about. Have had previous experiences at this restaurant that were much better. Seemed like the service was a little off this tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHRoseyDined on 8/31/2014Great first time visit to Vivace. Drinks at the bar were heavy pours, always a plus. The food and ambiance were great. The only negative experience was that out waiter seemed to be tending to the majority of tables which made him scarce. Other than that, great experience. I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Can't wait to come againAnnemarieDined on 8/26/2014We really enjoyed our meal. The food was different from other Italian restaurants which was so refreshing. Our waiter was very nice. service was prompt , but not hurried. We could find free parking so the valet service was not used. Look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Celebrating anniversary w/friendsLoveThisRestaurantDined on 8/24/2014Always a pleasure to visit this restaurant. Portions are perfect, wines are tasty and desserts are delish!Special Features:
- casually dininginnerfatchickDined on 8/16/2014Wasn't sure where to go for a nice dinner with a reacquainted classmate. It was a good balanced location for good food and conversion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!yasssssssDined on 8/16/2014The service was great, and the Roasted Chicken was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be returning to Vivace!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SFO2CLTDined on 8/16/2014Outdoor dining on the terrace is the way to go at Vivace. The interior is beautiful, but sitting outside with a pano view of Uptown and a light breeze makes this a great place for a weekend brunch or a lovely dinner (unless it's hot & humid). There is sometime outdoor music which just adds a final classic touch. Service and food are both consistently good. Valet parking helps you get in & out easily. Close to Uptown for pre & post theater meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFood4funDined on 8/15/2014Lovely setting. My veal dish was very good. However 2 at our table ordered the grouper the portions were about 3 bites, side was a couple of gnocchi, no vegetable. Tasty but not a meal for $28. Our other guest ordered a pizza and requested an add. It did not come on the pizza, when he asked if there were mushrooms on the pizza she said no and clearly had forgotten it was ordered -she had acknowledged his request. Coffee was ordered. It had grounds in the cup, when our guest mentioned that she offered to brew another pot, she said they only make a pot when ordered because nobody really orders coffee and it just would sit around so would he like to wait for another pot to be brewed. No thank you, don't think we will be going back.Special Features:
- FavoriteTheatregooerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is one of my favorite dining spots in Charlotte. Food is always good. I had the mussels to start, and the squid ink pasta, which is hard to find in Charlotte. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeGabyusaDined on 8/15/2014Great place for people with gluten allergies/sensitivity. The food was amazing! The view outstanding! The service was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Vivace!Leigh1VIPDined on 8/13/2014Great food and selection of wines. The waitstaff is always a pleasure!Special Features:
- Would recommendNatalieDined on 8/11/2014Food was great! Service was not exactly greatest especially since there was no one in there. We had never been before so my daughter and I went. She was unsure of the menu and I was undecided there were no recommendations at all. Food came quickly after order but took forever for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace always delivers....lovestoeatDined on 8/8/2014Great food, EXCELLENT service- a great night overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice dining experience.WilliamDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience and we will definitely return. Excellent pasta dishes and the service was excelent.Special Features:
- Over priced and food was fairluv2dineDined on 8/4/2014Over priced and the food was fair. We were disappointed.
- Pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014This was my second time to Vivace, but this was a date night occasion with my boyfriend, not dinner with my parents. I love this restaurant, the food is excellent, the cocktails are delicious & the wine list is awesome! The only complaint I have this time was that we were seated in the corner by an exit door when there were plenty of open tables in the middle of the restaurant, as well as upstairs. In a way it was nice for date night, but it was not a very romantic table. Still, we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidtownPeterFraedrichVIPDined on 7/27/2014There were not many choices on the menu that suited my taste especially for an Italian restaurant. I had scallops over corn kernels which were good. My wife had the chicken which she said was dry. No we won't be going back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My husband ordered the pork chop and he had a hard time cutting it it was so tough. And when I asked for my food to be boxed up, they brought a container back to me with one bite of fish and a few pieces of farro. Like they were trying to play a joke on me. Will not be going back sadly.
- Good Food, Awesome View!BuckeyeBoyDined on 7/25/2014Vivace was excellent. The food was great. I had the Corvina, which was elegant and delicious, and my wife had the Chicken which ate like a steak. The bar downstairs was modern, and upbeat, with a wide range of hard liquor cocktails and wines. Service was good too. We had a little wait, so we stopped by the bar, and the ladies at the door, came to find us when the table was ready. We decided to dine on the upper level where we could see the downtown skyline. The place can be a bit loud, so it's not the best place for intamacy or romance, but the view and atmosphere, coupled with good food makes it a cool date night or great for dinner with friends.Special Features:
- View of the City from Outskirts.PointDined on 7/25/2014The tables upstairs have a great view of the city. Food was very good and recommend the Chicken Dish served for Queens Feast. Also, the peach salad was a nice start.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekSoGoDined on 7/25/2014We recently dined at Vivace during restaurant week. I have had dinner here once before during a quiet week night & was very please with the food & service so we chose to bring our two Chef's out for a fun night out & we had the best time. The food was outstanding & our waiter Stephan was one of the best we have ever had. Lots of fun, always smiling, very knowledgeable about the menu & most gracious. I would not hesitate to visit Vivace again for lunch dinner or even just drinks. Thanks for a fun night out.Special Features:
- Great Energy & ServicecharlottanVIPDined on 7/25/2014We returned to Vivace during Restaurant Week and it was excellent---no small task. We had wonderful corvina and excellent salted caramel gelato. The service was personal and efficient. We all loved the energy and ambiance and the entire staff from the hostess to the guys doing valet parking were engaging. This is a fun spot.Special Features:
- JacksonWyatt1811Dined on 7/25/2014Bad server made to a uneventful evening. Always enjoyed Vivace this time could be the last based on our wait service. He was a jerk. Totally into himself. No at all what I would expect from Vivace. It was a special occasion with family and he really made it uneventful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Dining GemSailorladiesDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant has the décor, outdoor views, terrific food and good service. Just what I like in a restaurant. It's a real find tucked into a community of residential and retail stores. I have never been disappointed, (except when it rains) and we can't dine outside to view the Charlotte uptown skyline and the walking trail behind us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, service.SailorladiesDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed the lovely decor, & nice views of Charlotte skyline while we dined. We all had different entrees and all were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicioustfossumDined on 7/13/2014Have had luncheons, drinks to group dinner at this restaurant is a fit for all types of gatherings. Food and service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatly disappointedDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Was excited to try Vivace. However, I was greatly disappointed! The service was deplorable! Our waiter was very rude and "checked out". The tuna crudo with melon which was tasteless and tough. The veal was also tough, overcooked, poorly seasoned and basically inedible. The grouper was swimming in brown butter with fried gnocchi that literally resembled pasta paste. For first time in my life, I left the restaurant halfway through the entree as we couldn't eat it and will never return again. Vivace attempts to be a trendy, hip spot however it lacks everything including style.
- Little disappointedWorldDined on 7/11/2014I did not know their menu was seasonal. I went back expecting to order a few items I had previously, and neither was available. What I ended up having was good, but nothing to write home about. I would definitely go back, because the ambience and service are both great. I just need to check the menu first. Oh well, live and learn.Special Features:
- AugieVIPDined on 7/11/2014The three course menu for $35 was an excellent value. The three offerings for the evening were beautifully presented, reflected the freshest ingredients available, and tasted great. Would consider ordering this combo again. I liked the idea that dessert was not included in the three courses. There was a starter, pasta and entree.Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch Deal!BgorVIPDined on 7/6/2014Vivace is now doing a $25/person deal which includes an appetizer, a main, and either bottomless mimosas or bloody mary's. I highly recommend taking advantage of this deal. Went on Sunday and fully enjoyed the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace is awesome!!ChefDDVIPDined on 7/5/2014Another great meal at Vivace! I have been many times and have always walked away wondering why I don't come more often!!! I sat at the chef's table and watched the kitchen staff at work. What a fun experience and what great food!!!Special Features:
- Yum!!!!cskiDined on 7/1/2014This is the second time that we have been to Vivace and it is the best restaurant around here. The food was outstanding and the restaurant is contemporary and beautiful. We sat on the second floor and could see the park across the street through the huge doors and windows. Would we go again? Yes and yes!Special Features:
- Very LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Food was great, as was the service. We were not prepared for the noise level and probably won't return as a result.Special Features: