Vivace - Charlotte
1100 Metropolitan Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vivace - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacecharlotte.com/
- Phone: (704) 370-7755
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nate Garyantes, Zack Gadberry
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Mezzanine level in restaurant accommodates 50 persons. Space has it's own bar, restrooms, av options, patio and city view.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Kudalis 7043707755x
A word from Vivace - Charlotte
One of Charlotte's finest restaurants featuring the area's most authentic Italian cuisine and the best patio dining located in the easy to get to Metropolitan development at Midtown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vivace - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Vivace - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (76)special occasion (65)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (61)scenic view (54)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (43)notable wine list (42)hot spot (36)great for brunch (29)vibrant bar scene (29)great for lunch (25)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Disappointing.MetrochiksterDined on 11/22/2014The menu is inventive and enticing but dishes fall short in the execution. Dishes were under seasoned and/or undercooked. (Grilled octopus and risotto were under done; pasta bolognese lacked seasoning, though pasta was perfectly cooked). Lighting is dim but noise level is equal to a rowdy sports bar. The server was knowledgeable and attentive and I tipped him well. It's not his fault the food was not up to par.Special Features:
- Good FoodAndrewsDined on 11/18/2014I was little worried whether my colleagues will like this place, As i was given the opportunity to book a restaurant for my team lunch. I was surprised not even one of my colleague didn't say bad about the food and ambience of the restaurant. Everyone suggested that they will come with their family for lunch/dinner. Food quality was good & I recommend my friends to have a visit one time to this place and enjoy the real taste of Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed and DisapointingsccardlerVIPDined on 11/15/2014When went on line to look was a little worried about reviews were mixed now I know why. Got seated in tiny table in the corner near elevator so dark could not see at all had to use Iphone with lite to see each other,server had to many tables for her and was hard to find and not very helpful .Appetizer war good menu very limited food was ok but not very special wine was good and very good price. Desert menu was strange and we had came just for the panacotta and was not even offered. Also very loud bar looked great and be great for a drink. All in All we will not go backSpecial Features:
- Love this placenewfoodieDined on 11/14/2014My boyfriend and I have eaten here a few times, and we chose to come back for this trip to Charlotte. We started with the sausage and pepper arancini, which were flavorful and so cheesy. I ordered a side of the wilted kale to start, while he ordered the beet salad. Both were wonderful, and the kale was easily among the best I've eaten. I ordered the skate wing with parmesan polenta, which was interesting. My boyfriend ordered chicken under a brick, which was very tender and well-seasoned. We finished with the lemon tart with the prickly pear compote. It was a light and tart dessert, and the toasted meringue on top was very nice. Our waitress was very attentive, and it was a quiet and relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlottanVIPDined on 11/12/2014This is a favorite restaurant---very reliable and also full of positive energy...a great spot for out-of-town guests. Everyone enjoys seeing the massive light fixtures and we have always found the service and food to be just right. They have an affordable Super Tuscan that is really quite good. Thanks, Vivace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014With the amazing food and endless Bloody Mary/ mimosa bar, it's a hard brunch to beat! And might I add, one of the best Bloody Mary bars I have ever seen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerLuvHealthyFoodsDined on 11/7/2014We went with my husband's parents and had a lovely dinner. They do an upscale Italian, with interesting sauces and choices. Our pasta dish had a wild boar sauce with the spinach ravioli. The fish dish was nicely seasoned on a bed of greens and winter squash. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly, and took good care of us. When I tasted the kale dish, I was surprised that it was spicy. Our waiter quickly got me another dish of kale without the red pepper flakes. This restaurant is a contemporary place with a warm and friendly feeling, and I thoroughly enjoyed our evevning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014There is no better brunch atmosphere in Charlotte. While the menu is a bit limited, the bottomless mimosas and fun atmosphere make it the perfect place to hang with friends on a Sunday afternoon. The servers are friendly, and do not seem to rush you if you are just sitting around having beverages after you are finished with your meal. On a nice day, you cannot beat sitting on the patio along the greenway with a view of the skyline.Special Features:
- Great FoodchrisDined on 11/1/2014Really good food - try the meatball app - really good. Overall a great place, great energy - great server and great foodSpecial Features:
- The Atmosphere is better than foodPingPongMomDined on 11/1/2014The Salmon was good but the Brussels Sprout was a little too salty. I don't like the this crust of the pizza and the jalapeño pepper should not be on the pizza. The veal was not tasty neither. Sword fish was good. I like the down town view, the atmosphere, and the interior design but not the food.Special Features:
- eat1Dined on 11/1/2014The food and the service were excellent...great dining experience, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KL0708Dined on 11/1/2014Great location and atmosphere. Service was good. Food nothing to brag about the side salads were the best thing.
- Creative Italian-modern atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Clever, delicious food. Attentive staff. Incredible Itslian wine list! Try Falanghina (white) or Lagone (red). You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great Last Minute Find!bookietimeDined on 10/24/2014After a long week at work, we decided very last minute to have a "date night". We went to Open Table, typed in our time, read the review, and weren't disappointed! Our server was great, the food terrific, the evening perfect!Special Features:
- Good Food excellent service...izzy78Dined on 10/17/2014Really good food,chill ambient and excelled. Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodabsolutetpVIPDined on 10/10/2014We recently went to Vivace for a Friday night dinner. The food was great. It's great that they have a seasonal menu. Their chilled corn soup was phenomenol. The wine list is great. The whole meal was great. We had the charcuterie for an appetizer. I had the chilled corn soup and my wife had a salad both of which were great. She had the paperdelle pasta and I had the pizza. We had a great bottle of red wine. We sat outside and enjoyed the nice view of Charlotte downtown. Definitely worth going. Can't wait to check out their Fall menu.Special Features:
- So worth it!CarmenDined on 10/4/2014Love this place! Food, service and ambiance is wonderful! I have been to the Raleigh location as well and the Charlotte and both never disappoint! Will for sure go back and invite/suggest to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGrazieGJDined on 10/3/2014We had dinner at Vivace on Friday night. We were glad to have made reservations through Open Table. We had a delicious dinner and our waiter Jeff was very helpful in our choosing which entrees we would have. I was very impressed with the professionalism and energy that was demonstrated by all of their staff. It was a great evening overall.Special Features:
- Less than parOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014We visited this restaurant several years ago and couldn't wait to return. Unfortunately our experience this time with service, atmosphere, and especially food was less than par. We have no plans on returning or recommending this establishment.
- snowwhiteDined on 10/1/2014we were going to a show uptown so needed fast service. our server was outstanding and attentive to makes sure we were served promptly. Food was excellent. Would like to return for a more relaxing evening. We were there early (6 pm) so it was not crowded, i would imagine it is a lively spot at night. the patio looked very inviting with a view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair but disappointingConcordncDined on 9/28/2014I keep trying this place to hope it improves. The first time I went the food was amazing, ambiance perferct and the servicce outstanding. Each time after (3 more times) it gets worse. The servers only do their table the runners seem to be "bothered" to get you even pepper for your salad and it takes for ever to even be asked (if ever) how is everything. On the food, the pizza is terribly greasy and without depth of flavor. The calamri was dry and without flavor. Just overall a disappointing evening, again! I do love the views.
- SuzyDined on 9/27/2014The food was outstanding! The service was not good amd it was quite loud.Special Features:
- Just ok...MelanieVIPDined on 9/26/2014We've been a frequent diner at Vivace. This time wasn't a good example of the food we've enjoyed in the past. We went to celebrate our anniversary with family, and we all commented it was just ok. The biggest disappointment was the change to the scallops adding pancetta, a dish that has been consistent on the menu and the waiter and I realized the change after ordering the dish. The veal scallolpini was also not as good as usual. The mussels and flat bread pizza appetizers were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The food was great….I had the lunch-size filet and my friend had a sandwich. We started out with the calamari……..huge portions! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Not ready to leaveseh00Dined on 9/21/2014Food was amazing and such a great deal for brunch. Who doesn't like bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary's? My only complaint would be that instead of our server asking us if we would like another round he just closed out our checks without asking. Upon asking if we could get another round he said that it couldn't be done because we were closed out so it was like our table wasn't there. Great food and great drinks, but ask your guests if there ready to leave, not decide it for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was outstandingBradDined on 9/20/2014First time going Vivace what a great surprise! I am not much for Italian, but my wife loves it! So I made a reservation on open table was running about 15 mins. Late so I called, they said no problem when we got there was set right away. (Very nice) told Joe our waiter that we were in a hurry. He was great! Will ask for him again the only thing that was not up to par for such a nice place was the terrible spread for the bread! Simple butter or olive oil whould be much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeegDined on 9/18/2014It was an incredible night with old friends. Great view. Our server was very knowledgable and took care of us without hovering. It was a perfect night!Special Features:
- A Little DisappointingBgorVIPDined on 9/17/2014We've dined at Vivace several times and usually enjoy the experience. However, we weren't impressed this time. The food was the major disappointment. My girlfriend's black linguine was very salty and overpowered the dish and my veal saltimbocca ravioli was average at best. The veal was cooked fairly well, but under seasoned. The ravioli suffered the same fate, not much flavor. Service was pretty good though. I'm sure we'll return, but I hope we receive dishes that are executed much better.Special Features:
- Needs improvementKLMOVIPDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant seems to have gone a bit downhill since it first opened. Service was quite slow, and it took about 10 minutes after being seated for anyone to stop by our table and greet us (Note: there were only 4 other tables in the restaurant, and a group of servers causally all chatting near the kitchen. The hostess finally had to tell them to do their job before anyone stopped by). I think this is still a good place to come for brunch, but only if you are coming to take the advantage of unlimited Mimosa/Bloody Mary special.Special Features:
- Vivacious Vivace!Jjo64VIPDined on 9/13/2014Always consistent in food. Very yummy. Tried the heirloom tomatoes with crab, and the veal with raviolis. Delish. My husband had the house salad, and the spaghetti and meatballs. Also, very good. But, try the tomatoes, you can get a green salad everywhere! Fun date night, also fun with a group. Outside dining would be quieter and a lovely view of the skyline, or comfy couches. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great Meal!DMACDined on 9/13/2014We are regulars at Vivace, usually going in every 6-7 weeks. As usual, the food was fantastic. We dropped in for dinner prior to a show in uptown and had a nice relaxing dinner in about an hour. We shared 5 appetizers and they were all tasty and well presented. We continue to love Vivace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside diningCynthVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great view of the Charlotte skyline while eating outside.Special Features:
- Consistently goodCiddogVIPDined on 9/5/2014Vivace has a nice combination of location, an attractive environment; and most importantly great food. The outdoor dining is top notch! Great for a lunch or a first rate dinner.Special Features:
- Unique dishAnonDined on 9/1/2014Tried a unique dish that I wasn't crazy about. Have had previous experiences at this restaurant that were much better. Seemed like the service was a little off this tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHRoseyDined on 8/31/2014Great first time visit to Vivace. Drinks at the bar were heavy pours, always a plus. The food and ambiance were great. The only negative experience was that out waiter seemed to be tending to the majority of tables which made him scarce. Other than that, great experience. I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Can't wait to come againAnnemarieDined on 8/26/2014We really enjoyed our meal. The food was different from other Italian restaurants which was so refreshing. Our waiter was very nice. service was prompt , but not hurried. We could find free parking so the valet service was not used. Look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Celebrating anniversary w/friendsLoveThisRestaurantDined on 8/24/2014Always a pleasure to visit this restaurant. Portions are perfect, wines are tasty and desserts are delish!Special Features:
- casually dininginnerfatchickDined on 8/16/2014Wasn't sure where to go for a nice dinner with a reacquainted classmate. It was a good balanced location for good food and conversion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!yasssssssDined on 8/16/2014The service was great, and the Roasted Chicken was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be returning to Vivace!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SFO2CLTDined on 8/16/2014Outdoor dining on the terrace is the way to go at Vivace. The interior is beautiful, but sitting outside with a pano view of Uptown and a light breeze makes this a great place for a weekend brunch or a lovely dinner (unless it's hot & humid). There is sometime outdoor music which just adds a final classic touch. Service and food are both consistently good. Valet parking helps you get in & out easily. Close to Uptown for pre & post theater meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.