Vivace - Charlotte
1100 Metropolitan Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vivace - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacecharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7043707755x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nate Garyantes, Zack Gadberry
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Mezzanine level in restaurant accommodates 50 persons. Space has it's own bar, restrooms, av options, patio and city view.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Kudalis 7043707755x
A word from Vivace - Charlotte
One of Charlotte's finest restaurants featuring the area's most authentic Italian cuisine and the best patio dining located in the easy to get to Metropolitan development at Midtown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Vivace - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Vivace - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (83)special occasion (68)fit for foodies (62)scenic view (61)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (39)notable wine list (37)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (22)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Good Food excellent service...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Really good food,chill ambient and excelled. Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodabsolutetpVIPDined on 10/10/2014We recently went to Vivace for a Friday night dinner. The food was great. It's great that they have a seasonal menu. Their chilled corn soup was phenomenol. The wine list is great. The whole meal was great. We had the charcuterie for an appetizer. I had the chilled corn soup and my wife had a salad both of which were great. She had the paperdelle pasta and I had the pizza. We had a great bottle of red wine. We sat outside and enjoyed the nice view of Charlotte downtown. Definitely worth going. Can't wait to check out their Fall menu.Special Features:
- So worth it!CarmenDined on 10/4/2014Love this place! Food, service and ambiance is wonderful! I have been to the Raleigh location as well and the Charlotte and both never disappoint! Will for sure go back and invite/suggest to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGrazieGJDined on 10/3/2014We had dinner at Vivace on Friday night. We were glad to have made reservations through Open Table. We had a delicious dinner and our waiter Jeff was very helpful in our choosing which entrees we would have. I was very impressed with the professionalism and energy that was demonstrated by all of their staff. It was a great evening overall.Special Features:
- Less than parOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014We visited this restaurant several years ago and couldn't wait to return. Unfortunately our experience this time with service, atmosphere, and especially food was less than par. We have no plans on returning or recommending this establishment.
- snowwhiteDined on 10/1/2014we were going to a show uptown so needed fast service. our server was outstanding and attentive to makes sure we were served promptly. Food was excellent. Would like to return for a more relaxing evening. We were there early (6 pm) so it was not crowded, i would imagine it is a lively spot at night. the patio looked very inviting with a view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair but disappointingConcordncDined on 9/28/2014I keep trying this place to hope it improves. The first time I went the food was amazing, ambiance perferct and the servicce outstanding. Each time after (3 more times) it gets worse. The servers only do their table the runners seem to be "bothered" to get you even pepper for your salad and it takes for ever to even be asked (if ever) how is everything. On the food, the pizza is terribly greasy and without depth of flavor. The calamri was dry and without flavor. Just overall a disappointing evening, again! I do love the views.
- SuzyDined on 9/27/2014The food was outstanding! The service was not good amd it was quite loud.Special Features:
- Just ok...MelanieVIPDined on 9/26/2014We've been a frequent diner at Vivace. This time wasn't a good example of the food we've enjoyed in the past. We went to celebrate our anniversary with family, and we all commented it was just ok. The biggest disappointment was the change to the scallops adding pancetta, a dish that has been consistent on the menu and the waiter and I realized the change after ordering the dish. The veal scallolpini was also not as good as usual. The mussels and flat bread pizza appetizers were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The food was great….I had the lunch-size filet and my friend had a sandwich. We started out with the calamari……..huge portions! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Not ready to leaveseh00Dined on 9/21/2014Food was amazing and such a great deal for brunch. Who doesn't like bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary's? My only complaint would be that instead of our server asking us if we would like another round he just closed out our checks without asking. Upon asking if we could get another round he said that it couldn't be done because we were closed out so it was like our table wasn't there. Great food and great drinks, but ask your guests if there ready to leave, not decide it for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was outstandingBradDined on 9/20/2014First time going Vivace what a great surprise! I am not much for Italian, but my wife loves it! So I made a reservation on open table was running about 15 mins. Late so I called, they said no problem when we got there was set right away. (Very nice) told Joe our waiter that we were in a hurry. He was great! Will ask for him again the only thing that was not up to par for such a nice place was the terrible spread for the bread! Simple butter or olive oil whould be much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeegDined on 9/18/2014It was an incredible night with old friends. Great view. Our server was very knowledgable and took care of us without hovering. It was a perfect night!Special Features:
- A Little DisappointingBgorVIPDined on 9/17/2014We've dined at Vivace several times and usually enjoy the experience. However, we weren't impressed this time. The food was the major disappointment. My girlfriend's black linguine was very salty and overpowered the dish and my veal saltimbocca ravioli was average at best. The veal was cooked fairly well, but under seasoned. The ravioli suffered the same fate, not much flavor. Service was pretty good though. I'm sure we'll return, but I hope we receive dishes that are executed much better.Special Features:
- Vivacious Vivace!Jjo64VIPDined on 9/13/2014Always consistent in food. Very yummy. Tried the heirloom tomatoes with crab, and the veal with raviolis. Delish. My husband had the house salad, and the spaghetti and meatballs. Also, very good. But, try the tomatoes, you can get a green salad everywhere! Fun date night, also fun with a group. Outside dining would be quieter and a lovely view of the skyline, or comfy couches. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great Meal!DMACDined on 9/13/2014We are regulars at Vivace, usually going in every 6-7 weeks. As usual, the food was fantastic. We dropped in for dinner prior to a show in uptown and had a nice relaxing dinner in about an hour. We shared 5 appetizers and they were all tasty and well presented. We continue to love Vivace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside diningCynthVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great view of the Charlotte skyline while eating outside.Special Features:
- Consistently goodCiddogVIPDined on 9/5/2014Vivace has a nice combination of location, an attractive environment; and most importantly great food. The outdoor dining is top notch! Great for a lunch or a first rate dinner.Special Features:
- Unique dishAnonDined on 9/1/2014Tried a unique dish that I wasn't crazy about. Have had previous experiences at this restaurant that were much better. Seemed like the service was a little off this tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHRoseyDined on 8/31/2014Great first time visit to Vivace. Drinks at the bar were heavy pours, always a plus. The food and ambiance were great. The only negative experience was that out waiter seemed to be tending to the majority of tables which made him scarce. Other than that, great experience. I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Can't wait to come againAnnemarieDined on 8/26/2014We really enjoyed our meal. The food was different from other Italian restaurants which was so refreshing. Our waiter was very nice. service was prompt , but not hurried. We could find free parking so the valet service was not used. Look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Celebrating anniversary w/friendsLoveThisRestaurantDined on 8/24/2014Always a pleasure to visit this restaurant. Portions are perfect, wines are tasty and desserts are delish!Special Features:
- casually dininginnerfatchickDined on 8/16/2014Wasn't sure where to go for a nice dinner with a reacquainted classmate. It was a good balanced location for good food and conversion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!yasssssssDined on 8/16/2014The service was great, and the Roasted Chicken was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be returning to Vivace!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SFO2CLTDined on 8/16/2014Outdoor dining on the terrace is the way to go at Vivace. The interior is beautiful, but sitting outside with a pano view of Uptown and a light breeze makes this a great place for a weekend brunch or a lovely dinner (unless it's hot & humid). There is sometime outdoor music which just adds a final classic touch. Service and food are both consistently good. Valet parking helps you get in & out easily. Close to Uptown for pre & post theater meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFood4funDined on 8/15/2014Lovely setting. My veal dish was very good. However 2 at our table ordered the grouper the portions were about 3 bites, side was a couple of gnocchi, no vegetable. Tasty but not a meal for $28. Our other guest ordered a pizza and requested an add. It did not come on the pizza, when he asked if there were mushrooms on the pizza she said no and clearly had forgotten it was ordered -she had acknowledged his request. Coffee was ordered. It had grounds in the cup, when our guest mentioned that she offered to brew another pot, she said they only make a pot when ordered because nobody really orders coffee and it just would sit around so would he like to wait for another pot to be brewed. No thank you, don't think we will be going back.Special Features:
- FavoriteTheatregooerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is one of my favorite dining spots in Charlotte. Food is always good. I had the mussels to start, and the squid ink pasta, which is hard to find in Charlotte. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeGabyusaDined on 8/15/2014Great place for people with gluten allergies/sensitivity. The food was amazing! The view outstanding! The service was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Vivace!Leigh1VIPDined on 8/13/2014Great food and selection of wines. The waitstaff is always a pleasure!Special Features:
- Would recommendNatalieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food was great! Service was not exactly greatest especially since there was no one in there. We had never been before so my daughter and I went. She was unsure of the menu and I was undecided there were no recommendations at all. Food came quickly after order but took forever for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace always delivers....lovestoeatDined on 8/8/2014Great food, EXCELLENT service- a great night overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice dining experience.WilliamDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience and we will definitely return. Excellent pasta dishes and the service was excelent.Special Features:
- Over priced and food was fairluv2dineDined on 8/4/2014Over priced and the food was fair. We were disappointed.
- Pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014This was my second time to Vivace, but this was a date night occasion with my boyfriend, not dinner with my parents. I love this restaurant, the food is excellent, the cocktails are delicious & the wine list is awesome! The only complaint I have this time was that we were seated in the corner by an exit door when there were plenty of open tables in the middle of the restaurant, as well as upstairs. In a way it was nice for date night, but it was not a very romantic table. Still, we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidtownPeterFraedrichVIPDined on 7/27/2014There were not many choices on the menu that suited my taste especially for an Italian restaurant. I had scallops over corn kernels which were good. My wife had the chicken which she said was dry. No we won't be going back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My husband ordered the pork chop and he had a hard time cutting it it was so tough. And when I asked for my food to be boxed up, they brought a container back to me with one bite of fish and a few pieces of farro. Like they were trying to play a joke on me. Will not be going back sadly.
- Good Food, Awesome View!BuckeyeBoyDined on 7/25/2014Vivace was excellent. The food was great. I had the Corvina, which was elegant and delicious, and my wife had the Chicken which ate like a steak. The bar downstairs was modern, and upbeat, with a wide range of hard liquor cocktails and wines. Service was good too. We had a little wait, so we stopped by the bar, and the ladies at the door, came to find us when the table was ready. We decided to dine on the upper level where we could see the downtown skyline. The place can be a bit loud, so it's not the best place for intamacy or romance, but the view and atmosphere, coupled with good food makes it a cool date night or great for dinner with friends.Special Features:
- View of the City from Outskirts.PointDined on 7/25/2014The tables upstairs have a great view of the city. Food was very good and recommend the Chicken Dish served for Queens Feast. Also, the peach salad was a nice start.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekSoGoDined on 7/25/2014We recently dined at Vivace during restaurant week. I have had dinner here once before during a quiet week night & was very please with the food & service so we chose to bring our two Chef's out for a fun night out & we had the best time. The food was outstanding & our waiter Stephan was one of the best we have ever had. Lots of fun, always smiling, very knowledgeable about the menu & most gracious. I would not hesitate to visit Vivace again for lunch dinner or even just drinks. Thanks for a fun night out.Special Features:
- Great Energy & ServicecharlottanVIPDined on 7/25/2014We returned to Vivace during Restaurant Week and it was excellent---no small task. We had wonderful corvina and excellent salted caramel gelato. The service was personal and efficient. We all loved the energy and ambiance and the entire staff from the hostess to the guys doing valet parking were engaging. This is a fun spot.Special Features: