1910 Ralston Ave.
Belmont, CA 94002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6506370611x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30 pm and Sundays: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. For Saturday & Sunday lunch, please call the restaurant for private reservations. Large parties only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small intimate dinners to large parties. Please call for details.
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant directly with private party room and special menu requests.
A word from Vivace
Translated from the Italian language, Vivace means "lively", which is exactly the ambiance at Vivace Ristorante where culinary creations join with excellent wines to celebrate the cuisine of Northern Italy. Highly regarded as one of the best restaurants on the Peninsula, Vivace Ristorante is located in the charming city of Belmont. The warm interior is designed as to permit the viewing of the talented chefs as they prepare an array of Italian dishes with emphasis in the regions of Piemonte and Toscana. With its exceptional cuisine, elegant ambiance, high level of service, and extensive wine list (2003-2013 Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence), Vivace creates a wonderful dining experience in which the gastronomia of Northern Italy is celebrated everyday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Vivace - Best Restaurants in Belmont ›
Vivace reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)special occasion (57)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (44)great for lunch (39)romantic (36)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Service without a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Its a shame that I will not return to a restaurant that has very good food because our waiter had a poor attitude. Unfortunately , his dry , uninterested service was not exclusive to our table .
- Birthday LunchSatisfiedDined on 8/29/2014They made up 2 orders of fried calamari for me although it wasn't on the lunch menu. Pizza Diavolo was outstanding, hot, fresh from the oven, great taste. One guest had a fish dish with lemon butter caper sauce. She said it was out of this world. Everyone agreed they wanted to come back to eat again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 8/27/2014As always, food and service was great! Love their beets small plate and their butter lettuce salad with their own delicious dressing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 8/20/2014great food and friendly staff, love their fresh fish and pasta dishes, great for a nice relaxing lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- otdinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014Attentive service; freshly prepared dishes; a delightful restaurant for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- The food is excellentLeungVIPDined on 8/16/2014I like the salad, the clams, the potatoes, the steak and the French Martini. A little bit noisy. But it looks like a great place to have private party. The booth looks comfortable, but such a pity that we do not have a chance to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 8/15/2014As always, food and service was great! Nice place for a relaxing lunch, love their warm beets small plate, very tasty fresh fish dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with great companyFoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014The snapper was wonderful, delicate and deliciously prepared. My friends enjoyed their pizza and salads as well, overall a great meal and a delightful evening. Glad they had a bottle of Reisling, we had great service and sat in a cozy booth, lovely evening.Special Features:
- Service LackingpcmanpeninsulaDined on 8/3/2014Sunday night dining it seemed that they only had 1 waitress for the whole restaurant. Overworked and inattentiveSpecial Features:
- eaterouterVIPDined on 8/2/2014Unable to honor our reservation. We left and went to another dinner placeI would recommend this to a friend.
- late night findzorroVIPDined on 8/1/2014Vivace is -great-! I have visited several times before. The most recent dinner was a late night dinner, around 10:00 pm-ish after a concert. Food and service were great.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantWeldonVIPDined on 7/31/2014Vivace is one of my favorite restaurants. It has outstanding Italian food, great ambiance, and superb service. The owner even allows me to have his chef cook special dishes for me and my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon dinnerdaveDined on 7/29/2014The Atlantic Salmon dinner for $29 grilled and served with couscous, cucumber, and a dill sauce was as good as it gets perfectly cooked. The Manhattan cocktail was slightly sweeter than usual but good.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood placeFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were a party of 4 and had a great time with friends at Vivace. The food was good, service good and a nice neighborhood find. The price seemed pretty high, guess due to the bar tab and while no dish was exceptional we enjoyed ourselves. We found the 2nd room very noisy and preferred the auoustics in the first room, but all in all an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- candyVIPDined on 7/23/2014Delightful restaurant to enjoy a nice lunch, great food and great service! Love their warm beets small plate, and their butter lettuce salad and great pasta dishes as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDDined on 7/18/2014We will be back. May have found our favorite Italian Restaurant in Redwood City/San Carlos. Did a great job with our 3 year old son. The website photo's look a little dark and stodgy but the restaurant has lots of natural light and is very comfortable. The New York cut was one of the better I have had. They have a special's menu that always changes so you don't get tired of the food. Excellent quality and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite....MargaretVIPDined on 7/16/2014Always great service, food and atmosphere. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ItalianLuna99Dined on 7/15/2014Eaten there twice. Everyone like their dishes, unique taste in each. Even the kids wanted to come back. Their osso boco is excellent. Great Italian restaurantSpecial Features:
- A bit of Italia in Belmontnll94002Dined on 6/27/2014Vivace never disappoints. The quality of food and service is very good - and just as important consistent. My veal scaloppini presentation was was as unique as it was tasty... and leave room for dessert...the Lava Cake w/Gellato was ... - OK just leave room for a pleasant experience. Three of us at the table - left pleasantly satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeLittleghost3Dined on 6/23/2014I've been to this restaurant twice now with my team and both times we received such excellent service, I hope to come more frequently. The food is absolutely delicious and fairly priced. The service was incredibly polite, sadly a rarity nowadays. The ambience is great for a meal with a significant other, a group of friends or as a business meal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivacecleoDined on 6/20/2014a lovely place for a quiet and upscale lunch...not too busy during the week and they let you sit and talk ...wonderful food..been there before and would go again...and recommend to friends...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 6/19/2014Very nice restaurant to have a nice relaxing lunch, great food. love their warm beets as an appetizer! great salads and very fresh fish dishes also love their linguini pescatore! Good service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExigenteDined on 6/15/2014Great Food. Good Prices. We were lured by the table clothes on the pictures, only to find that they cover them with paper (for "ecological" purposes). Other than that, great experience.Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by its cover!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/13/2014Excellent Italian food in a nondescript location. Delicious Arancini, nice beet salad.Special Features:
- candyVIPDined on 6/11/2014Love this restaurant for a nice enjoyable lunch, I always have to have their warm beets, full of flavor, very fresh fish and many other nice selections and great service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeosDined on 6/10/2014Perfect dinner, great wine selection, and great servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT LUNCH FINDJimE2Dined on 6/4/2014My first visit here and I was definitely impressed. From the white tablecloths, to the knowledgeable and helpful waiter, to the great food. I had the ceasar salad and the seafood linguine, both were very good. I'll definitely be back, maybe for dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okSunnyMomDined on 5/30/2014We had dinner at 6:30 on a Friday night. Very noisy and crowded, tables for 2 felt squeezed in. Waiter was ok, not friendly or engaging rather just there to take the order and serve the meal. Bread set on table was dry and bland. Butter lettuce salad with Gorgonzola was good, sausage and pepperoni pizza was very average. Overall, too loud for me and food was just ok. Won't return
- TikibtikibVIPDined on 5/30/2014Waiter "Jimmy" very unfriendly - so many other servers were talking with their customers and friendly - this guy was as stiff as a board, never once came and asked how our food was - my chicken by the way was dry as a bone so I didn't touch it! He never asked how it was so I never had a chance to let him know. Would not return based on this poor service.Special Features:
- 50 min wait WITH reservation!MELIDined on 5/29/2014INEXCUSABLE Was told we had to wait because the manager was dining with his own party and they were busy. Only after we asked did they offer anything while we waited. Never said it would be a long wait ... Just ten more min, ten more min Not only made to wait but no one but hostess came to speak with us. This is restaurant management 101. So embarrassing to take a VIP guest there. Never go back
- Good neighborhood restaurantRS0707Dined on 5/23/2014It is a decent neighborhood restaurant. Not a destination unless you lived around the place. The menu is typical of a traditional Italian restaurant. The food was fine but nothing spectacular.
- Expensive but goodLaurieVIPDined on 5/23/2014Wild salmon was $34, thought that was a little pricey, but very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous place for a dinner partynewgolfer2dayDined on 5/22/2014Several of us met here from around the Bay area, and what a find, Vivace is. The spirit select is modest but wonderful. My favorite spirit is single malt scotch and they had a nice selection to chose from. The wait staff was very attentive and most accommodating to our dining needs. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all of my friends. And my friends that were there indicated that they will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLobieDined on 5/19/2014had a very nice dinner and our own little corner. our table was ready and the food was quite goodSpecial Features:
- Close-by surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2014Just a block and half from the Hilton Financial District, Vivace was a terrific "find". The food choices were limited, but done excellently. Vivace is relatively small and tables are quite close together. My wife and I both had the house specials - I the Chicken Scarpiella and she the Spaghetti with homemade 3-meat meatballs...........fantastic! The tiramisu was a perfect finish.Special Features:
- Osso buccohappycustVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great osso bucco. Great service on a very busy night.Special Features:
- Love this place!LaureenDined on 5/11/2014The soups are amazing and our waiter recommended the INSALADA TRAVESANA, which was so delicious. The ambiance, the food, the service, always to perfection, and so accommodating. Highly recommend eating here for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014I have dined at Vivace several times. The menu is thoughtful, the food is very good, portions are appropriate, presentation is good, and the service is attentive but not overbearing. A predictably good place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- otdinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014Always a good meal here; very friendly staff and great choices for dinner. Good for lunch and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belmont GemSatisfiedDined on 5/8/2014Easy to find and good street parking. Fried calamari up to par, pizzas excellent, and tasty fish dishes. I definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.