1910 Ralston Ave.
Belmont, CA 94002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (650) 637-0611
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30 pm and Sundays: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. For Saturday & Sunday lunch, please call the restaurant for private reservations. Large parties only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small intimate dinners to large parties. Please call for details.
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant directly with private party room and special menu requests.
A word from Vivace
Translated from the Italian language, Vivace means "lively", which is exactly the ambiance at Vivace Ristorante where culinary creations join with excellent wines to celebrate the cuisine of Northern Italy. Highly regarded as one of the best restaurants on the Peninsula, Vivace Ristorante is located in the charming city of Belmont. The warm interior is designed as to permit the viewing of the talented chefs as they prepare an array of Italian dishes with emphasis in the regions of Piemonte and Toscana. With its exceptional cuisine, elegant ambiance, high level of service, and extensive wine list (2003-2013 Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence), Vivace creates a wonderful dining experience in which the gastronomia of Northern Italy is celebrated everyday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Vivace - Best Restaurants in Belmont ›
Vivace reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (53)special occasion (53)good for groups (48)romantic (38)great for lunch (33)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Lovely for lunchluvvansVIPDined on 11/25/2014Enjoyed the salmon special & the linguine pescatore. Very nice waiter & comfy booth with white tablecloth service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 11/24/2014as always, good food and service, we had their red snapper with picatta sauce and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, exceptional food and serviceDinerwithfriendsVIPDined on 11/22/2014The food here is consistently excellent. There's always something new on the menu, and the old standbys never disappoint either- inventive salads, osso bucco, salmon with cous cous, wood fired pizzas, best calamari anywhere. Service is highly professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best on the PeninsulaIloveItalianfoodVIPDined on 11/21/2014Our third time there. Every time gets better. Staff is courteous and efficient. Service prompt. Food is well prepared and delicious. Had pizza this visit. Not up to Blue Line but better than typical Italian restaurant. Wife had mussels which she loved. Our go-to Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace - My Weekend TreatLeeWVIPDined on 11/16/2014Would I recommend Vivace to a friend? I do all the time. Vivace is our regular weekend night out, and sometimes we go twice in a weekend. We have friends who drive a half hour from Los Gatos to join us almost every time. The food is very good and the specials always include something that could tempt me away from the regular menu. I have never had a bad meal at Vivace, and they are always willing to tailor a dish to my tastes. Not quite gourmet, but way, way above the vast majority of restaurants. The wine list is quite extensive for a restaurant of this size and the waitstaff can always recommend something suitable to enhance your meal. The decor is comfortable, scrupulously clean and welcoming. The booths are plush and romantically lit and one dining room has a lovely fireplace. On a busy night the noise level can get a bit high, but never uncomfortably so, and it's the chatter of folks having fun, enjoying their meals and one another. The bar is excellent and cocktails are built carefully. The bartenders are always willing to mix something special to order. Often, my wife and I will drop in and take a booth for two on a weeknight for a casual drink and bar bites from the excellent bar menu. Two TVs in the bar have sporting events on, but not loud and the sound does not intrude into the main dining rooms. Most importantly, the service is -- what's higher than outstanding? -- fabulous! Friendly and attentive, the waitstaff (bus persons included) are committed to making sure their diners have a good experience. Three dining rooms make it easy to book large parties. Try it -- you'll come back often, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant - friendlyNavioNewbieDined on 11/15/2014Took the kids with us to dinner. While the restaurant is fancy - table cloths and nice serving ware, we didn't feel out of place at all. Super friendly server and food was delivered quickly. No complaints. Seemed like a lot of groups were there to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everytime I haveDrewFCDined on 11/15/2014Everytime I go to Vivace I have a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceMinnieDined on 11/11/2014Although the food was excellent, the service was slow and we repeatedly had to ask for water, bread and bread sauce. The staff were friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lava cake!!FoooooodieDined on 11/8/2014Love this place especially the lava cake!!! Service is amazing!! Ambiance is pleasant. I go here when I just need to know I'm going to have a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trifecta!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent menu, fabulous wine and great service! Consistently great!! Seasonal additions like the fettuccine with lamb ragu was out of this world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experienceDeliciasDined on 11/8/2014This, our first time at Vivace's was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. The homemade pasta was delicious... the Gorgonzola gnocchi and the lamb linguine were the highlights. Our waiter selected a wine we could all enjoy with our entree choices. It was such an excellent recommendation, we ordered a second bottle! We had great services throughout the night even though we were seated at the back of the restaurant in an ancillary room. A little disappointed that we were not seated in the main dining room but overall a great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Nice surprise in BelmontRettsDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant was recommended by someone who lives in the town of Belmont. The online reviews gave it four stars. I believe that is accurate. The menu was varied, and the selections we made were not disappointing. The service was efficient, but not necessarily personal; I won't hold that against them. All in all, a good choice.Special Features:
- Poor serviceHighStandardsDined on 11/2/20142 of our party of 5 arrived first and given menus and wine list. Remainder arrived 5 minutes later and seated, no menus, but bread and water. Quiet back room, Sunday evening prime time. Finally got some attention when water glasses refilled ! From then on, the meal proceeded in a more timely fashion and was well prepared, specials all availableSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood gem for sure!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Such a great restaraunt. Wonderful food, atmosphere and service EVERY time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/27/2014The hostess Coleen was wonderful on the phone and in person! Our server was excellent, the beet salad, halibut and hazelnut sundae were done to perfection! We love Vivace!Special Features:
- RECOMMEND BACK ROOMquietdining4usDined on 10/27/2014We have been to Vivace before, on a Saturday night, and the noise level was very loud. However, going there on a Monday night was perfect. There was wine tasting in the main dining rooms and since we weren't interested, we were seated in the back room. The room was practically empty, we were able to have conversations and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatWalk123VIPDined on 10/25/2014Great place to eat. Consistent and energetic. Service good and made to feel like you are a regular appreciated customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsLaureenVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have been going to Vivace for years. We love the atmosphere, the food, and the excellent service. We recommend this restaurant, highly, to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/24/2014On way from Marin to an event in San Carlos I stopped in this restaurant on a Friday evening, discovering the listing on your website. It was a terrific find - took me back in years to a real neighborhood restaurant feeling with good service, menu and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodBeverlyVIPDined on 10/20/2014Excellent food. The owner takes a personal interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic upside surprise!GscpaDined on 10/18/2014I used Open Table to find a nice restaurant for a family celebration and Vivace turned out to be a great find and wonderful experience. The service, food and ambience exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- Fantastic! Excellent!EAIvoryDined on 10/18/2014Excellent dinning experience! A gem. The food was great! The location nice. The atmosphere wonderful. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who lunchluvvansVIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our eggplant & penne pasta entrees. The wait person was terrific. Will return soon.Special Features:
- candyVIPDined on 10/15/2014as always food and service was great! Love their beets appetizer and linguini pescatore! Our server was very helpful and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivacebobbies75thVIPDined on 10/12/2014While the food was good, the service was spotty. Good at times, non existence at times.Special Features:
- DeadzoneDined on 10/10/2014We had dinner here for my wife's birthday. With a total of 4 young children and 4 adults, the service was great and the staff catered to every need. I will continue to make Vivace one of our favorites. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- One small issueKmp52Dined on 10/8/2014We love Vivace, as food is always good and a nice place to bring guests. It's close to home. Having been a server, I think it important to remember who ordered what, rather than placing a plate down to be told it's the wrong dish. Even if the server must have a little table chart, just shows extra effort.Special Features:
- joyceVIPDined on 10/7/2014I wrote a message on Open Table saying it was a birthday celebration but nothing came or it and I was not pleased. This is the second time this happened and I called the Manager of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent Business TravellerMeet2EatDined on 10/7/2014I chose this restaurant for recent business dinner with clients visiting from Boston area. There were about 10 of us so we were in a side room for dining. Everything was superb . . . from appetizer selection made by our waiter, to dinner to bottles of wine. Nice atmosphere to unwind after end of long day of business meetings. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Bella Monte Gemnll94002Dined on 10/5/2014When we arrived - the place was empty... a quite Sunday evening -but never fear - the crowds appeared quickly and when we left it was full...A testament to the popularity and the good food. Te Eggplant Parmigiana was superb, the cannelloni excellent -to a fault - I ate the whole thing...The pizza was good as well...As the place filled - the noise level increased but was never disruptive...All in all a great evening with great food, and great friendsSpecial Features:
- fun2dineoutVIPDined on 10/3/2014Always excellent service and great food presentation. Had the calamari steak and it was delightfulSpecial Features:
- candyVIPDined on 9/29/2014As always food and service was great! Nice main courses selections, great fish dinners as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who lunchluvvansVIPDined on 9/23/2014We both enjoyed the Orchiette(sp) with broccoli rabe, delicious sausage, fennel and more. Plus we toasted each other with a glass of Italian wine. Server was so nice & friendly.Special Features:
- Yummybec2playDined on 9/19/2014Everyone enjoyed their food and the servers and staff were very attentive. It was quite loud but we were enjoying ourselves and contributing to the noise level as much as anyone else. Great experience, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace continues to shineSunstormerVIPDined on 9/12/2014On a busy Friday evening we were able to get a last-minute reservation and enjoy the usual outstanding meal. We ordered off the 'special' menu and the regular menu and the dishes were done to perfection. Our starter cocktails were perfect, the shrimp rolls were outstanding, and the beet salad a delight. We enjoyed the halibut main course with a superb wine recommendation from our attentive waiter. Desserts topped things off nicely. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereSam22VIPDined on 9/9/2014I recently tried Vivache for a business Lunch and really liked the food. One on my clients had the pizza which had a beautiful thin crust, which reminded me of my last visit to Rome Italy. The service was efficient, and quick. The wait staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Good food, service iffyHappilyDiningVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was good even though the waiter only delivered two of the four dishes we ordered correctly and the other two he brought the wrong dishes. Plus he was surly for the first half of the meal. The wines by the glass list were fairly uninspired, with limited selection of Italian reds (I think just one). But the food was very good and we plan on going back, hoping the service was just off the evening we were there. The seafood risotto with red sauce was very good, though not the least bit spicy (as mentioned on the menu).Special Features:
- Consistently good foodJLFergVIPDined on 9/5/2014A friend and I had lunch at Vivace and the food was good as always. I had the red snapper picatta. The food was light, the sauce was light, the serving portion was just the right size for the meal. My friend had the eggplant parmesan. It came baked with a light cream sauce and tasted very fresh.Special Features:
- Vivace with friendsMariaRDHVIPDined on 9/3/2014Vivace is always consistently good. The bar offers a nice choice of wines by the glass and cocktails. The menu is varied with many wonderful choices. The polenta is always a hit, as are the arancini. The ahi tuna appetizer was excellent. A very good choice in the Belmont/San Carlos area.Special Features:
- Service without a smile4MK314Dined on 8/30/2014Its a shame that I will not return to a restaurant that has very good food because our waiter had a poor attitude. Unfortunately , his dry , uninterested service was not exclusive to our table .