1910 Ralston Ave.
Belmont, CA 94002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6506370611x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30 pm and Sundays: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. For Saturday & Sunday lunch, please call the restaurant for private reservations. Large parties only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small intimate dinners to large parties. Please call for details.
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant directly with private party room and special menu requests.
A word from Vivace
Translated from the Italian language, Vivace means "lively", which is exactly the ambiance at Vivace Ristorante where culinary creations join with excellent wines to celebrate the cuisine of Northern Italy. Highly regarded as one of the best restaurants on the Peninsula, Vivace Ristorante is located in the charming city of Belmont. The warm interior is designed as to permit the viewing of the talented chefs as they prepare an array of Italian dishes with emphasis in the regions of Piemonte and Toscana. With its exceptional cuisine, elegant ambiance, high level of service, and extensive wine list (2003-2013 Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence), Vivace creates a wonderful dining experience in which the gastronomia of Northern Italy is celebrated everyday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Vivace - Best Restaurants in Belmont ›
Vivace reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (47)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (44)romantic (29)great for lunch (29)notable wine list (26)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Ladies who lunchluvvansVIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our eggplant & penne pasta entrees. The wait person was terrific. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Vivacebobbies75thVIPDined on 10/12/2014While the food was good, the service was spotty. Good at times, non existence at times.Special Features:
- DeadzoneDined on 10/10/2014We had dinner here for my wife's birthday. With a total of 4 young children and 4 adults, the service was great and the staff catered to every need. I will continue to make Vivace one of our favorites. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- One small issueKmp52Dined on 10/8/2014We love Vivace, as food is always good and a nice place to bring guests. It's close to home. Having been a server, I think it important to remember who ordered what, rather than placing a plate down to be told it's the wrong dish. Even if the server must have a little table chart, just shows extra effort.Special Features:
- joyceVIPDined on 10/7/2014I wrote a message on Open Table saying it was a birthday celebration but nothing came or it and I was not pleased. This is the second time this happened and I called the Manager of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent Business TravellerMeet2EatDined on 10/7/2014I chose this restaurant for recent business dinner with clients visiting from Boston area. There were about 10 of us so we were in a side room for dining. Everything was superb . . . from appetizer selection made by our waiter, to dinner to bottles of wine. Nice atmosphere to unwind after end of long day of business meetings. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Bella Monte Gemnll94002Dined on 10/5/2014When we arrived - the place was empty... a quite Sunday evening -but never fear - the crowds appeared quickly and when we left it was full...A testament to the popularity and the good food. Te Eggplant Parmigiana was superb, the cannelloni excellent -to a fault - I ate the whole thing...The pizza was good as well...As the place filled - the noise level increased but was never disruptive...All in all a great evening with great food, and great friendsSpecial Features:
- fun2dineoutVIPDined on 10/3/2014Always excellent service and great food presentation. Had the calamari steak and it was delightfulSpecial Features:
- candyVIPDined on 9/29/2014As always food and service was great! Nice main courses selections, great fish dinners as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who lunchluvvansVIPDined on 9/23/2014We both enjoyed the Orchiette(sp) with broccoli rabe, delicious sausage, fennel and more. Plus we toasted each other with a glass of Italian wine. Server was so nice & friendly.Special Features:
- Yummybec2playDined on 9/19/2014Everyone enjoyed their food and the servers and staff were very attentive. It was quite loud but we were enjoying ourselves and contributing to the noise level as much as anyone else. Great experience, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vivace continues to shineSunstormerVIPDined on 9/12/2014On a busy Friday evening we were able to get a last-minute reservation and enjoy the usual outstanding meal. We ordered off the 'special' menu and the regular menu and the dishes were done to perfection. Our starter cocktails were perfect, the shrimp rolls were outstanding, and the beet salad a delight. We enjoyed the halibut main course with a superb wine recommendation from our attentive waiter. Desserts topped things off nicely. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereSam22VIPDined on 9/9/2014I recently tried Vivache for a business Lunch and really liked the food. One on my clients had the pizza which had a beautiful thin crust, which reminded me of my last visit to Rome Italy. The service was efficient, and quick. The wait staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Good food, service iffyHappilyDiningVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was good even though the waiter only delivered two of the four dishes we ordered correctly and the other two he brought the wrong dishes. Plus he was surly for the first half of the meal. The wines by the glass list were fairly uninspired, with limited selection of Italian reds (I think just one). But the food was very good and we plan on going back, hoping the service was just off the evening we were there. The seafood risotto with red sauce was very good, though not the least bit spicy (as mentioned on the menu).Special Features:
- Consistently good foodJLFergVIPDined on 9/5/2014A friend and I had lunch at Vivace and the food was good as always. I had the red snapper picatta. The food was light, the sauce was light, the serving portion was just the right size for the meal. My friend had the eggplant parmesan. It came baked with a light cream sauce and tasted very fresh.Special Features:
- Vivace with friendsMariaRDHVIPDined on 9/3/2014Vivace is always consistently good. The bar offers a nice choice of wines by the glass and cocktails. The menu is varied with many wonderful choices. The polenta is always a hit, as are the arancini. The ahi tuna appetizer was excellent. A very good choice in the Belmont/San Carlos area.Special Features:
- Service without a smile4MK314Dined on 8/30/2014Its a shame that I will not return to a restaurant that has very good food because our waiter had a poor attitude. Unfortunately , his dry , uninterested service was not exclusive to our table .
- Birthday LunchSatisfiedDined on 8/29/2014They made up 2 orders of fried calamari for me although it wasn't on the lunch menu. Pizza Diavolo was outstanding, hot, fresh from the oven, great taste. One guest had a fish dish with lemon butter caper sauce. She said it was out of this world. Everyone agreed they wanted to come back to eat again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 8/27/2014As always, food and service was great! Love their beets small plate and their butter lettuce salad with their own delicious dressing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 8/20/2014great food and friendly staff, love their fresh fish and pasta dishes, great for a nice relaxing lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- otdinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014Attentive service; freshly prepared dishes; a delightful restaurant for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- The food is excellentLeungVIPDined on 8/16/2014I like the salad, the clams, the potatoes, the steak and the French Martini. A little bit noisy. But it looks like a great place to have private party. The booth looks comfortable, but such a pity that we do not have a chance to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 8/15/2014As always, food and service was great! Nice place for a relaxing lunch, love their warm beets small plate, very tasty fresh fish dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with great companyFoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014The snapper was wonderful, delicate and deliciously prepared. My friends enjoyed their pizza and salads as well, overall a great meal and a delightful evening. Glad they had a bottle of Reisling, we had great service and sat in a cozy booth, lovely evening.Special Features:
- Service LackingpcmanpeninsulaDined on 8/3/2014Sunday night dining it seemed that they only had 1 waitress for the whole restaurant. Overworked and inattentiveSpecial Features:
- eaterouterVIPDined on 8/2/2014Unable to honor our reservation. We left and went to another dinner placeI would recommend this to a friend.
- late night findzorroVIPDined on 8/1/2014Vivace is -great-! I have visited several times before. The most recent dinner was a late night dinner, around 10:00 pm-ish after a concert. Food and service were great.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantWeldonVIPDined on 7/31/2014Vivace is one of my favorite restaurants. It has outstanding Italian food, great ambiance, and superb service. The owner even allows me to have his chef cook special dishes for me and my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon dinnerdaveDined on 7/29/2014The Atlantic Salmon dinner for $29 grilled and served with couscous, cucumber, and a dill sauce was as good as it gets perfectly cooked. The Manhattan cocktail was slightly sweeter than usual but good.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood placeFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were a party of 4 and had a great time with friends at Vivace. The food was good, service good and a nice neighborhood find. The price seemed pretty high, guess due to the bar tab and while no dish was exceptional we enjoyed ourselves. We found the 2nd room very noisy and preferred the auoustics in the first room, but all in all an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- candyVIPDined on 7/23/2014Delightful restaurant to enjoy a nice lunch, great food and great service! Love their warm beets small plate, and their butter lettuce salad and great pasta dishes as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDDined on 7/18/2014We will be back. May have found our favorite Italian Restaurant in Redwood City/San Carlos. Did a great job with our 3 year old son. The website photo's look a little dark and stodgy but the restaurant has lots of natural light and is very comfortable. The New York cut was one of the better I have had. They have a special's menu that always changes so you don't get tired of the food. Excellent quality and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite....MargaretVIPDined on 7/16/2014Always great service, food and atmosphere. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ItalianLuna99Dined on 7/15/2014Eaten there twice. Everyone like their dishes, unique taste in each. Even the kids wanted to come back. Their osso boco is excellent. Great Italian restaurantSpecial Features:
- A bit of Italia in Belmontnll94002Dined on 6/27/2014Vivace never disappoints. The quality of food and service is very good - and just as important consistent. My veal scaloppini presentation was was as unique as it was tasty... and leave room for dessert...the Lava Cake w/Gellato was ... - OK just leave room for a pleasant experience. Three of us at the table - left pleasantly satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeLittleghost3Dined on 6/23/2014I've been to this restaurant twice now with my team and both times we received such excellent service, I hope to come more frequently. The food is absolutely delicious and fairly priced. The service was incredibly polite, sadly a rarity nowadays. The ambience is great for a meal with a significant other, a group of friends or as a business meal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 709 reviews are from the Vivace reviews archive.
- VivacecleoDined on 6/20/2014a lovely place for a quiet and upscale lunch...not too busy during the week and they let you sit and talk ...wonderful food..been there before and would go again...and recommend to friends...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 6/19/2014Very nice restaurant to have a nice relaxing lunch, great food. love their warm beets as an appetizer! great salads and very fresh fish dishes also love their linguini pescatore! Good service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExigenteDined on 6/15/2014Great Food. Good Prices. We were lured by the table clothes on the pictures, only to find that they cover them with paper (for "ecological" purposes). Other than that, great experience.Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by its cover!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/13/2014Excellent Italian food in a nondescript location. Delicious Arancini, nice beet salad.Special Features: