Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos
15970 Los Gatos Boulevard
Los Gatos, CA 95032Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivalosgatos.com/
- Phone: (408) 356-4902
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 8:00am - 9:00pm Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 9:30pm Saturday: 8:00am - 10:30pm; Happy Hour: Sunday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Israel Valencia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of 12 or more require a special menu. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Afraimi 4083564902x34
- Entertainment: Live jazz on the weekends.
A word from Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos
Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos features upscale family dining in Los Gatos with a menu that fuses California and Mediterranean cuisine along with some family style platter dining. With an emphasis on comfort & warmth as well as excellent service, Viva! sees itself as a celebration of food, wine, family, and the people that make up our neighborhood. Come and share in our hospitality, our extensive wine list and our excellent crew. Experience what we mean by "Viva" first-hand!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos - Best Restaurants in Los Gatos ›
Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (15)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (8)hot spot (4)romantic (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- This place is dated. Has nit changed in years.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2014Food runners are extra ply rude. The restaurant is dated has looked the same for years
- BuzimommabuzimommaDined on 11/8/2014We had a "girl's nite" with our daughters. My first visit to Viva. It was amazing. The wine, food and service impeccable! Our server "Luke" made our night!!Special Features:
- Service doesn't match the foodPatSJDined on 11/6/20147 of us arrived at our reserved time of 6pm Thursday. Good thing we had reservations as the place filled up quickly. First time visit for most of us. It took a while to get menus and a bit longer to decide on appetizers. But by the time the waitress came to take our orders we had also decided what we wanted for dinner and were getting hungry. At 7pm we had still not gotten anything except bread, water, and drinks. She apologized for the delay and took appetizers off the bill, as "its been 20 minutes since I submitted your order". Nice, but it had been more than half an hour! Still took a while to get dinner too. The food was good and we enjoyed eating there once food eventually arrived but they need more help during the busy hours.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!SteakloverVIPDined on 11/3/2014I've never been disappointed with anything at Viva. I return frequently because the food, service and ambiance make it a sure bet for an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Consistently good foodAHreviewVIPDined on 10/17/2014I have been to Viva many times. We had a lunch reservation, and were shown to a nice private booth in the main dining room. The prices are high for lunch, and they don't have lower prices at lunch as most restuaranats do, or lower priced specials. I think $20 for a salad with roast beef is ok for dinner, but not for lunch. The dining room was quite cold, even though we were in a booth, and the server was pretty absent after taking the order. She wasn't around to ask for coffee refills, to bring the check, to fill out the credit slip.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/16/2014Tried this place because it was close to home. Service was friendly but slow. Food was just ok; nothing very memorable. Much better choices in the LG area.
- Get The SpecialShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 10/10/2014I dine at Viva from time to time. The food I order is always good. Today, however, I decided to take the waiter's recommendations and I am very glad I did. I ordered the quiche of the day, which was ham, corn, and zucchini. Sounded a little odd, but it was heavenly. It was cooked perfectly, and tasted like it hadn't been out of the oven very long. It was served with a delicious Caesar salad. For dessert, I had the flourless chocolate torte that the waiter recommended, and it was amazing. I think it must have been just taken out of the oven, because it was still warm. It came with some really good vanilla ice cream. I totally stuffed myself but it was so worth it.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceGlennDined on 9/18/2014We have dined at Viva twice and have not been disappointed, all items on the menu are great, the String Bean appetizers are delicious, a must order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantCatjcatDined on 9/11/2014Good food and drink. Great local restaurant. Happy hour menu 3:30 till 6:30 seven days a week!Special Features:
- Yummy birthday dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed birthday dinner for 91 year old mom...everyone loved the food and had a good time...Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/31/2014To celebrate our 51st anniversary the night before it we went to a different restaurant because we go to Viva so often. What a mistake! We couldn't drink the 1st drink from the bar, my husband did not find his entree properly seasoned and it was so loud we could not comfortably talk to each other. This restaurant is well regarded but it did not work for us. We came home and I made reservations for the next night, our real anniversary, at Viva. Our drinks were excellent, both our entrees were delicious, and they served us a lovely gelato dessert with a candle and Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the plate. The service was excellent- could not have been better. Sometimes you should stick to the tried and true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative MenuShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 8/27/2014I've been to Viva a few times, and one of the best things is that their menu is creative and thoughtful. Today I had a steak salad. It was absolutely delicious, and the steak was cooked perfectly. Instead of just being steak plunked on a plain salad, though, it was steak on a salad with sauteed mushrooms, with a mushroom infused vinaigrette. The steak was cooked perfectly, and sliced on a bias, so it was really tender. They brought a steak knife, which I didn't really need. Service was welcoming, and I felt that I was valued as a customer. I like to have dinner here and then go next door to buy a few groceries.Special Features:
- Great meeting placeHappydinerDined on 8/21/2014A nice place to meet and reconnect with friends. A wide range of choices and I love the ginger carrot soup. Weekday lunch was quiet and perfect to relax and sit and talk. Everything we ordered was good. Staff very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Kids running around unattended. Poor service outside area. Think they forgot about us. Food was not well prepared. Waiter did not return to offer more drinks for 2 hours till we flagged him down. The restaurant was not full. Poor management of waiter service areas. They were all spread out. Difficult to keep an eye on customers when the are seated in many areas.Special Features:
- brunchDined on 8/14/2014This is a fun spot for lunch or dinner. A terrific find as a neighborhood restaurant. It can be noisy with an active bar/TV's so be prepared. The outdoor area is quieter. It is a white tablecloth type of place but also caters to the casual dinner. I enjoy the entertainment. Nice variety of entrees, good wine/beer selection. I am frequently introducing friends to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a the name says...BiscuitVIPDined on 8/8/2014It is a great neighborhood eatery. The food is not unique, but it is always good and well prepared. If you sit inside the service is better. It is a great option for meeting friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8:00 outside is great ....FoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014But keep the shades down so you can't see the cars in the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...FoodLoverDined on 8/1/2014A group of 6 went there to celebrate my husband's birthday. As soon as we were seated our server came to the table and immediately handed out menus, and then left. She didn't greet us or tell us her name, my husband had to inquire about her name when she came back to get our drink order. She wasn't very friendly, even though we were trying to engage her. She was not helpful at all about portions--she could have mentioned that the pizza would be too large for an individual. Our main entrees came out before we were finished with appetizers, so we sent the food back...I wouldn't go here again...:/
- The following 400 reviews are from the Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos reviews archive.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014My husband ordered the Big Eye Tuna Sashimi special. It was beautiful and very tasty. I hope they keep this one. We ordered my favorite appetizer the tempura green beans....delish! I ordered the ceviche for my dinner.... Tasty but small but it was an appetizer....the drinks were good and the iced tea was fresh brewed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/25/2014Staff very accommodating and responsive. Great neighborhood find!Special Features:
- VicVDined on 7/18/2014Viva is truly a neighborhood gem ! I must go here at least 5 times a month and I am never ever disappointed. The staff are welcoming and friendly and forever accommodating. I love this place.Special Features:
- Good overall - gluten free optionsgfreefoodieDined on 7/12/2014Nice place to have dinner. Easy access, parking. Able to get a last minute reservation. Food was good - decent salads, Sea Bass was enjoyable, gluten free pasta option was nice, Paella had lots of seafood but little rice, and overcooked chicken (spicy tomato base). Server said Paella was not gluten free because it contains rice - which concerned me about her lack of knowledge for people with allergies. I asked her to check with the chef, which she happily did, and returned to let me know that it was gluten free after all. While the server needs more education on allergy issues, the chef seemed knowledgeable and able to accommodate (caesar salad did appear with one crouton in it - so celiac friendly it is not). Servers were attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flexible and friendlyMserenoDined on 7/8/2014I reserved a table for my golf ladies...7. Then two more added...no problem. Then another added on. Viva staff was always helpful and friendly. Have eaten here many times, always been treated well. Food is fine ambience is classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking in every wayHappy2dineDined on 7/3/2014I stopped going here a year or so ago because the food was bad. I had a burger that tasted like chemicals and that was the last straw. A year later I went there because of family and I ordered a salad with chicken. The spinach tasted like fish and yet again they mess up your meal. I do not recommend this place at all.
- Good food and atmosphereneighborDined on 6/30/2014Food, service and price was good. However online booking even via Open Table was limited to only 7 folks. Need to change or update their menu. same menu for the last 10 years!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood eatereygaycrawfordDined on 6/30/2014Viva! staff are outstanding in welcoming, serving and preparing good food. Outdoor dining is pleasant on a good day (yesterday when we ate there, we opted for inside since it was 100 degrees). I was concerned about the noise factor, but asked for a quiet location, and we were seated in a booth, and it was perfect. It seems like whenever I do a birthday lunch for someone, I always need to remind the waiter or ask for a small dessert and candle. I was thrilled when the waiter brought a beautifully decorated ice cream dish and candle for my friend.Special Features:
- Great findAmmlopezDined on 6/26/2014Everything we ordered was great... The kids menu and portions are fantastic! Wonderful desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentjgrlDined on 6/26/2014Viva has always been our "go to" eatery since it has opened. We saw friends all ready dining or enjoying the bar that had the same idea to go to Viva too! The menu evolves, but not too much, and that is nice too! Thanks Viva! We wish you continued success :)Special Features:
- Father's Day brunch - disappointingrr777Dined on 6/15/2014We went to Viva with a reservation Sunday morning on Father's Day. I clarified explicitly with the hostess that they were offering a simple breakfast and NOT brunch . She confirmed that it was a simple breakfast. She stuck us in a far room away from the main dining room. We felt like we were being held captive! The server then mentioned that its a brunch buffet (which was not yet ready) and we had no other choice. To top it off, the eggs had shells in them and we had to pay ~$30 pp!! VERY disappointed, never coming back!
- I don't have to go backMaryVIPDined on 6/11/2014I don't have to go back. Salad was tiny but the price was not. My pasta dish was almost awful. I took the left over home. I don't know why. I threw it out at home. Convenient parking was probably the only good aspect of restaurant. This place could be so good. What is going on in kitchen? Maybe they never taste what they are cooking.
- DinnerTootsieDined on 6/5/2014Fun place to visit but food was really lacking in flavor. Bread is great but oil/vinegar combo tasteless.
- Better than it was!LGDinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014This wasn't my first time here, but we had stopped coming a while ago. Lackluster food and ambiance made other choices in Los gatos more appealing. That said, we tried again yesterday for lunch and I feel like the food has improved, and the service was quite good! There were quite a few large parties that day, but we were well taken care of. Will try it again soon.Special Features:
- EleanoreVIPDined on 5/22/2014This was our first visit to Viva. We enjoyed it very much. We liked their reception, getting the booth we asked for, the food, the atmosphere etc. Only negatives were that we thought the menu was a bit slim and it was noisier than many other places. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!AHreviewVIPDined on 5/16/2014I hadn't been to Viva in a while and was so happy to be there. The setting is pleasant, the food wonderful and the service very good. Their lunch selection is large and varied, and the preparations are all interesiing. I had the ahi tuna tower, which is listed as an appetizer, but is plenty for lunch. It was beautiful and yummy. Plenty of fresh tender raw ahi, lovely avocado, cucumber slices, and a mild slaw. So good.Special Features:
- Mother's DayGrizzDined on 5/12/2014Part of our group was late because of an emergency. The staff was so understanding and helpful!!Special Features:
- Good news, Bad newsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/9/2014Love that you can make reservations. Viva has a great selection of wine and makes a great lemon drop martini. My husband loved his dish which was Orrechietti Sicilian. I had the Prawn Capellini and it was blah. My pasta was undercooked and there was no flavor. I kept trying to add more Parmesan, but that did not work either. We rarely saw our server as she was overbooked. Kudos that she always had a smile and did get what we wanted. It was just hard to get her attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014Will go back again. It was quite noisy. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemSharonDined on 5/4/2014Viva's is a great place to have Sunday breakfast / lunch, a private party in back room or a special dinner in celebration of Christmas, Easter, etc. Service is good - smiles and knowledge abound. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upbeat, fun diningMobilemomDined on 5/2/2014This was my third visit to Viva for dinner and the restaurant did not disappoint. Although the location in a strip mall, between a grocery store and a drug store is not ideal, the restaurant overcomes this downside. We were immediately seated at our table and our waitress arrived promptly. Service was friendly, efficient, and respectful. Our meals were attractive, prepared as requested, and very tasty. Please be aware that this is not a quiet restaurant. There were alot of lively and energetic conversations going on at all the tables. It was all happy talk so the noise adds to the vibrant atmosphere. I highly recommend Viva for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Is Always Very GoodWorldDinerDined on 4/24/2014I never cease to be amazed at how good the food is at Viva. The service is fine. The people are nice. But for a restaurant in a shopping center it is just so unexpectedly good. I find it a pleasure to meet people at Viva for lunch or dinner. I certainly recommend it for an alternative to a very expensive restaurant. It is in a class by itself. The menu seems to always have something for everyone. I am never shy to bring guests here.Special Features: