Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos
15970 Los Gatos Boulevard
Los Gatos, CA 95032Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivalosgatos.com/
- Phone: 4083564902
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 8:00am - 9:00pm Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 9:30pm Saturday: 8:00am - 10:30pm; Happy Hour: Sunday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Israel Valencia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of 12 or more require a special menu. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Afraimi 4083564902x34
- Entertainment: Live jazz on the weekends.
A word from Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos
Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos features upscale family dining in Los Gatos with a menu that fuses California and Mediterranean cuisine along with some family style platter dining. With an emphasis on comfort & warmth as well as excellent service, Viva! sees itself as a celebration of food, wine, family, and the people that make up our neighborhood. Come and share in our hospitality, our extensive wine list and our excellent crew. Experience what we mean by "Viva" first-hand!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos - Best Restaurants in Los Gatos ›
Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (26)great for lunch (22)good for groups (20)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (17)vibrant bar scene (14)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (6)hot spot (4)romantic (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Creative MenuShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 8/27/2014I've been to Viva a few times, and one of the best things is that their menu is creative and thoughtful. Today I had a steak salad. It was absolutely delicious, and the steak was cooked perfectly. Instead of just being steak plunked on a plain salad, though, it was steak on a salad with sauteed mushrooms, with a mushroom infused vinaigrette. The steak was cooked perfectly, and sliced on a bias, so it was really tender. They brought a steak knife, which I didn't really need. Service was welcoming, and I felt that I was valued as a customer. I like to have dinner here and then go next door to buy a few groceries.Special Features:
- Great meeting placeHappydinerDined on 8/21/2014A nice place to meet and reconnect with friends. A wide range of choices and I love the ginger carrot soup. Weekday lunch was quiet and perfect to relax and sit and talk. Everything we ordered was good. Staff very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Kids running around unattended. Poor service outside area. Think they forgot about us. Food was not well prepared. Waiter did not return to offer more drinks for 2 hours till we flagged him down. The restaurant was not full. Poor management of waiter service areas. They were all spread out. Difficult to keep an eye on customers when the are seated in many areas.Special Features:
- Just a the name says...BiscuitVIPDined on 8/8/2014It is a great neighborhood eatery. The food is not unique, but it is always good and well prepared. If you sit inside the service is better. It is a great option for meeting friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8:00 outside is great ....FoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014But keep the shades down so you can't see the cars in the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...FoodLoverDined on 8/1/2014A group of 6 went there to celebrate my husband's birthday. As soon as we were seated our server came to the table and immediately handed out menus, and then left. She didn't greet us or tell us her name, my husband had to inquire about her name when she came back to get our drink order. She wasn't very friendly, even though we were trying to engage her. She was not helpful at all about portions--she could have mentioned that the pizza would be too large for an individual. Our main entrees came out before we were finished with appetizers, so we sent the food back...I wouldn't go here again...:/
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014My husband ordered the Big Eye Tuna Sashimi special. It was beautiful and very tasty. I hope they keep this one. We ordered my favorite appetizer the tempura green beans....delish! I ordered the ceviche for my dinner.... Tasty but small but it was an appetizer....the drinks were good and the iced tea was fresh brewed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/25/2014Staff very accommodating and responsive. Great neighborhood find!Special Features:
- VicVDined on 7/18/2014Viva is truly a neighborhood gem ! I must go here at least 5 times a month and I am never ever disappointed. The staff are welcoming and friendly and forever accommodating. I love this place.Special Features:
- Good overall - gluten free optionsgfreefoodieDined on 7/12/2014Nice place to have dinner. Easy access, parking. Able to get a last minute reservation. Food was good - decent salads, Sea Bass was enjoyable, gluten free pasta option was nice, Paella had lots of seafood but little rice, and overcooked chicken (spicy tomato base). Server said Paella was not gluten free because it contains rice - which concerned me about her lack of knowledge for people with allergies. I asked her to check with the chef, which she happily did, and returned to let me know that it was gluten free after all. While the server needs more education on allergy issues, the chef seemed knowledgeable and able to accommodate (caesar salad did appear with one crouton in it - so celiac friendly it is not). Servers were attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flexible and friendlyMserenoDined on 7/8/2014I reserved a table for my golf ladies...7. Then two more added...no problem. Then another added on. Viva staff was always helpful and friendly. Have eaten here many times, always been treated well. Food is fine ambience is classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking in every wayHappy2dineDined on 7/3/2014I stopped going here a year or so ago because the food was bad. I had a burger that tasted like chemicals and that was the last straw. A year later I went there because of family and I ordered a salad with chicken. The spinach tasted like fish and yet again they mess up your meal. I do not recommend this place at all.
- Good food and atmosphereneighborDined on 6/30/2014Food, service and price was good. However online booking even via Open Table was limited to only 7 folks. Need to change or update their menu. same menu for the last 10 years!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood eatereygaycrawfordDined on 6/30/2014Viva! staff are outstanding in welcoming, serving and preparing good food. Outdoor dining is pleasant on a good day (yesterday when we ate there, we opted for inside since it was 100 degrees). I was concerned about the noise factor, but asked for a quiet location, and we were seated in a booth, and it was perfect. It seems like whenever I do a birthday lunch for someone, I always need to remind the waiter or ask for a small dessert and candle. I was thrilled when the waiter brought a beautifully decorated ice cream dish and candle for my friend.Special Features:
- Great findAmmlopezDined on 6/26/2014Everything we ordered was great... The kids menu and portions are fantastic! Wonderful desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentjgrlDined on 6/26/2014Viva has always been our "go to" eatery since it has opened. We saw friends all ready dining or enjoying the bar that had the same idea to go to Viva too! The menu evolves, but not too much, and that is nice too! Thanks Viva! We wish you continued success :)Special Features:
- Father's Day brunch - disappointingrr777Dined on 6/15/2014We went to Viva with a reservation Sunday morning on Father's Day. I clarified explicitly with the hostess that they were offering a simple breakfast and NOT brunch . She confirmed that it was a simple breakfast. She stuck us in a far room away from the main dining room. We felt like we were being held captive! The server then mentioned that its a brunch buffet (which was not yet ready) and we had no other choice. To top it off, the eggs had shells in them and we had to pay ~$30 pp!! VERY disappointed, never coming back!
- I don't have to go backMaryDined on 6/11/2014I don't have to go back. Salad was tiny but the price was not. My pasta dish was almost awful. I took the left over home. I don't know why. I threw it out at home. Convenient parking was probably the only good aspect of restaurant. This place could be so good. What is going on in kitchen? Maybe they never taste what they are cooking.
- DinnerTootsieDined on 6/5/2014Fun place to visit but food was really lacking in flavor. Bread is great but oil/vinegar combo tasteless.
- Better than it was!LGDinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014This wasn't my first time here, but we had stopped coming a while ago. Lackluster food and ambiance made other choices in Los gatos more appealing. That said, we tried again yesterday for lunch and I feel like the food has improved, and the service was quite good! There were quite a few large parties that day, but we were well taken care of. Will try it again soon.Special Features:
- EleanoreVIPDined on 5/22/2014This was our first visit to Viva. We enjoyed it very much. We liked their reception, getting the booth we asked for, the food, the atmosphere etc. Only negatives were that we thought the menu was a bit slim and it was noisier than many other places. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!AHreviewVIPDined on 5/16/2014I hadn't been to Viva in a while and was so happy to be there. The setting is pleasant, the food wonderful and the service very good. Their lunch selection is large and varied, and the preparations are all interesiing. I had the ahi tuna tower, which is listed as an appetizer, but is plenty for lunch. It was beautiful and yummy. Plenty of fresh tender raw ahi, lovely avocado, cucumber slices, and a mild slaw. So good.Special Features:
- Mother's DayGrizzDined on 5/12/2014Part of our group was late because of an emergency. The staff was so understanding and helpful!!Special Features:
- Good news, Bad newsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/9/2014Love that you can make reservations. Viva has a great selection of wine and makes a great lemon drop martini. My husband loved his dish which was Orrechietti Sicilian. I had the Prawn Capellini and it was blah. My pasta was undercooked and there was no flavor. I kept trying to add more Parmesan, but that did not work either. We rarely saw our server as she was overbooked. Kudos that she always had a smile and did get what we wanted. It was just hard to get her attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014Will go back again. It was quite noisy. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemSharonDined on 5/4/2014Viva's is a great place to have Sunday breakfast / lunch, a private party in back room or a special dinner in celebration of Christmas, Easter, etc. Service is good - smiles and knowledge abound. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upbeat, fun diningMobilemomDined on 5/2/2014This was my third visit to Viva for dinner and the restaurant did not disappoint. Although the location in a strip mall, between a grocery store and a drug store is not ideal, the restaurant overcomes this downside. We were immediately seated at our table and our waitress arrived promptly. Service was friendly, efficient, and respectful. Our meals were attractive, prepared as requested, and very tasty. Please be aware that this is not a quiet restaurant. There were alot of lively and energetic conversations going on at all the tables. It was all happy talk so the noise adds to the vibrant atmosphere. I highly recommend Viva for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 379 reviews are from the Viva! Neighborhood Eatery of Los Gatos reviews archive.
- Food Is Always Very GoodWorldDinerDined on 4/24/2014I never cease to be amazed at how good the food is at Viva. The service is fine. The people are nice. But for a restaurant in a shopping center it is just so unexpectedly good. I find it a pleasure to meet people at Viva for lunch or dinner. I certainly recommend it for an alternative to a very expensive restaurant. It is in a class by itself. The menu seems to always have something for everyone. I am never shy to bring guests here.Special Features:
- Pleasant for Easter BrunchAndyZDined on 4/20/2014This was our second year having Easter Brunch buffet at Viva! We enjoyed it enough last year to return, and this year was better. My two young boys are pretty well behaved in restaurants, and the staff was very accommodating toward them. The brunch fare was varied, and delicious. In the few instances where a selection ran out, it was replenished in fairly short order. Overall, a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Easter BrunchLS57Dined on 4/20/2014Viva put out all of her best for the Easter Brunch. Excellent Crab Cake Benedict, prime rib, pretty little deserts. Fun place for nice brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun private table near the grottoTomSJVIPDined on 4/12/2014Came here in a group of 6 (+ a 1 year old, too) for my Dad's birthday and it was great. They set us up at a table outside right by a small grotto and it was just us, so that was nice. Waitress was very nice and patient with us when we needed it. Food was delicious as well. Would definitely pop back any time I am near los gatos.Special Features:
- Attentive service, good foodSeattlemichDined on 4/9/2014We had the family of 3 generations at this restaurant and ate family style. The waiter was very accommodating and attentive, replacing with clean dishes for each course, and timely service. We had the food family style with large portions--we had lots of leftovers which they graciously boxed up. The food itself was fine, good, but nothing special. The salad and dessert tasted a bit mass produced like at a chain restaurant: pretty predictable flavors but nothing stood out as really tasty. The entrees were actually better than salads or desserts. The Moroccan salmon, was cooked delectably--crisp on outside, tender, silky on inside. The pasta orecchiette was very good. So, I would recommend it, but stick to wine and entree.Special Features:
- Sunday BreakfastCampbellgalDined on 4/6/2014Great place for breakfast. Reasonably priced, excellent food, attentive. Works for a group and kid friendly. We have also eaten here for Mother's Day when they have a wonderful brunch. Great spotSpecial Features:
- We have been dinning hereRobertDined on 4/2/2014We have been dinning here since it opened and have always had a very good experience.Special Features:
- A very nice experiencegppsjDined on 3/29/2014Our party was four. Everyone had something different, all were tasty and well presented. Service was attentive without being overbearing. The chocolate layer cake was unique and a choco-holic's dream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in Los GatosarcsynergyDined on 3/22/2014Nice little place with good food, excellent service, and a nice wine list and bar. A little pricey, but you don't leave hungry and the selections are very good. Went with a party of picky eaters-one vegetarian, one who only eats Hamburgers, one picky 4 yr old, and one on a gluten free diet besides myself and one other (omnivores) and everybody was satisfied with their meal-not easy to do. Very glad I choose this spot and would easily recommend it to others.Special Features:
- I am a fan, but they need more helpQueypasVIPDined on 3/16/2014I have dined at Viva multiple times and even booked a private event in their private room. The food is really good and the service is super friendly. There are always plenty of options. The one complaint I have is that the service is slow - particularly in the initial greeting - and then the initial drink order and food order. Then you are left alone for a long while after your food is brought to your table. It always looks like they are super busy and understaffed (with everyone running around everywhere). The staff all seem to be hardworking though, which is why we still come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okBretDined on 3/1/2014We sat there for over 10 minutes before a waiter acknowledged us.
- lovely eveningmusic408Dined on 2/21/2014We went to Cafe Bon Vivant to hear John Worley and Sebastien Lanson. It was a beautiful, relaxing evening from start to finish. We were never rushed, the atmosphere was elegant yet friendly and welcoming. The food was magnificent and the wine recommendation spot on. Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and serviceLindaSJDined on 2/15/2014Viva is one of my favorite restaurants. The food and service is always excellent and there are lots of food choices. They are always happy to accommodate your food preferences. Another plus is that there is always plenty of parking.Special Features: