Vito's Tavern and Pizzeria
136 Main Street
New Britain, CT 06051Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vito's Tavern and Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vitosct.com/tavern/tavern.htm
- Phone: 8608016800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Stephen Baptiste
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available for up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Tamara 8608016800
- Entertainment: Vito's Tavern offers live acoustic music, happy hour specials, a late night bar scene, and themed bar nights.
A word from Vito's Tavern and Pizzeria
Vito’s Tavern and Pizzeria is the latest addition to the family-owned Vito’s Restaurant Group. It’s pub and casual dining meets upscale classic Italian cuisine. Come in and try our famous pizzas, delicious classic dishes, or the unique martinis and long line of draft or bottled beers in our upbeat bar. Vito’s Tavern and Pizzeria is available for lunch and dinner, happy hour parties and private events. The entire lower level of our restaurant can be reserved for your privacy. Looking to book a special party? Our menu can be custom tailored to your dietary and monetary needs. The restaurant is located right in the heart of New Britain. The restaurant is conveniently located near the New Britain Museum of American Art, the Hole in the Wall Theater, Trinity-on-Main, and the new police station. Stop in and check out the hottest new restaurant in the area!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vito's Tavern and Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Terrible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2011The restaurant was dead and only seated four tables. Our appetizer of sweet potato fries was very good maybe the best I've ever had. I ordered the lasagna and my date ordered the chicken Parmesan. Both dishes were terrible I ate a few bites of mine and had to ask for the check also the chicken Parmesan was awful the chicken was soggy from being fried and the sauce had a terrible taste. I will never return and I am baffled to here they cater too!!
- This restaurant was just whatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2011This restaurant was just what we were looking for. The waitress was very nice, chatted with us for a bit and recommended some great add ons, like allowing us to split a salad before our pizza. Good food, nice service.
- Friendly neighborhood tavern!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2011We went in for drinks and appetizers, the sliders and the ragin' cajun wings and Hawaiian wings. Both wings were tasty and we can't wait to come back and try many of the other varieties (not the ghost wings though). The sliders were tasty, we picked the the three kinds- regular cheeseburger, steak'n cheese, and pulled pork. The sauce on the pulled pork was like a sweet teriyaki/bbq. Jeremy, the manager, took great care of us and made sure to check on us for additional drink orders. He even brought me a glass of milk when I tried a drop of the ghost sauce (my own bad decision since I don't generally like spicy food but I was curious). The restaurant is a great addition to the neighborhood and we will be back when in the area.Special Features:
- Our server was new and inexperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011Our server was new and inexperienced. Food was average and pasta dishes were not very good. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Food and service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011Food and service was great! The pizza was delicious even a couple days later! I only had two issues with the visit. They pushed two small round tables together for our party of 7 making it awkward and a little crowded. They also had someone playing music live which was cool but it was way too loud and our waiter even said he would come back to take our order because we couldn't hear ourselves think. Aside from these two things though it was a great time and I would definitely go back and recommend it.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011This was our 2nd visit to Vito's. There burgers are awe sum and the fresh bread and dinner rolls with the brushetti had a nice mild kick to it. Havn't tried there pizza yet. Went for mothers day to try their oven roasted prime rib. We where very dissappointed. It was like eating an over-cooked steak with grizzle and dry. Was less than an inch thick, no ajus broth, and it had the steak grill marks. When you order prime rib med pink, I would expect to get a piece at least 1" Plus thick, moist and hopefully melt in your mouth. The mother of the day sent her's back, and the management was very understanding and replaced her prime rib that was a bit better but still didn't meet the grade. We will try their pizza, but beware of the prime rib!!!Special Features:
- The service was bad, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2011The service was bad, food portions have shrunk, advertised free pizza and a drink for one year anniversary, offered nothing.
- Okay place if you need foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2011The Focchi was interesting my wife liked the sauce but I found it too sweet. The pasta was good. The pizza is a above average, Dominoes but better version, not same quality as Sal's in South Windsor, or Harry's in West Hartford, or Worcester Street in Manchester. The waitress was very nice (Erin) but slow. My first wine had soap suds in it (we are not talking a little one or two bubbles, we are talking you could have washed dishes.) She was pleasant enough to offer not to charge without me asking. The second glass was better. my wife's glass had a couple soap bubbles but could not taste the soap). The bread and sun-dried tomato spread that came to the table was good. The hole-in-the-wall theater is next door, so consider if you need f
- I would definitely recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2011I would definitely recommend Vito's in New Britain. The food was great and the service excellent. Nice atmosphere also.
- You Won't Leave Hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2011Although I dined with my father, it could be a very romantic spot to go with your significant other. The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxing- it was filled with classic, simple decor. The bar area seemed to be a fun spot for groups or to just unwind at alone for an afternoon or evening game. I have been going to my favorite Italian place for over 20 years in Southern California; however, this food was equally as delicious! I would definitely come back again if I was ever in the area. A forewarning, go on a mostly empty stomach as the servings were huge. Vito's Tavern is an overall fantastic spot- especially for those looking for a carb-induced coma.Special Features:
- I brought a life-long friendOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/4/2010I brought a life-long friend to Vito's for his birthday dinner. Vito's combination of really good food, attentive and jovial service, and comfortable, tavern-type atmosphere may it the right choice. Food selections were varied; everything was well prepared; a calamari appetizer (sauteed with garlic) was really outstanding, and portions were generous. Desserts were also a high point. The wine list was more than adequate; they offered a Montepulciano by the glass (a good sign!). I'd go back, and I hope to do so.Special Features:
- We dined on a Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2010We dined on a Monday night so I would not expect a vibrant scene. Had a great pizza - the ingredients were fresh and it was pipping hot!
- A nice addition to the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2010A nice addition to the city of New Britain! Service is friendly and food is always excellent...Special Features:
- Great as always. Hope Vito'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2010Great as always. Hope Vito's makes it in a location that has seen 3 others fail. Their good food could be the difference.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian food. AOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2010Excellent Italian food. A real plus for the New Britain dining scene. Our second visit and we plan on returning.
- In a good restaurant starvedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2010In a good restaurant starved city, we found Vito's to be an excellent find when we're seeking Italian or a place for a drink after a show or game. I hope Vito's fares better than 3 previous restaurants in the same location.Special Features: