1620 N Bell School Rd
Rockford, IL 61107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vitosristorante.net/
- Phone: (815) 312-5080
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vito
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With over 3 decades of experience in the food and beverage industry, Vito can accommodate any party small or large. From sit down dinners for 8 or a wedding for 400, we have done them! Call at 815-312-5080 for pricing. Graduations, birthdays, rehearsal dinners, weddings, funerals, luncheons, etc.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room can hold up to 50 guests! Call for menu options! $150 deposit is required at time of booking (credited back at time of party).
- Private Party Contact: Adam or Vito 8153125080x
A word from Vito's Ristorante
Vito’s Ristorante is here to serve you fine Italian cuisine! From life long family pasta recipes, to melt-in-your-mouth steaks, and fresh daily seafood specials, we will be sure to fulfill your appetite! Vito's is located at 1620 N. Bell School Road. We are just over 1 mile north of the East State Street hotel district and 2 miles south of Riverside Blvd Hotels. Enjoy your dinner in our dining room or eat comfortably at our inviting bar. Vito & staff appreciate you supporting a LOCALLY owned restaurant. We look forward to serving you and make sure you tell Vito that OpenTable sent you! (Please note: If you have a special request that needs to be met and are reserving a table within 12 hours of seating time, please call 815-312-5080 to inform us of the special request! Thank you!)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vito's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Rockford ›
Vito's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (8)good for groups (7)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We celebrated my moms 75th birthday here. 17 people with kids we were very happy with everything the food was delicious, the staff was attentive and friendly. The chef even visited the table to check on things. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSTV37Dined on 10/25/2014Vito's is a place with excellent friendly service and outstanding food. It is by far one of the top three restaurants in the Rockford area. Vito himself is always about checking on your dinning experience.Special Features:
- service is firstluvItalianDined on 10/25/2014Awesome service and great food and a lot of it! Lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll hgggjkjjgfddfhj ju vfffh njhg ngfhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsHappydinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Always a great stop. Love the soups. Superb. Specials are great. Very good steak. A place to cherish.Special Features:
- Too Much SaltFanoKnowsPastaDined on 10/18/2014Everything about the restaurant--ambiance, service, menu choices, wine list -- was great, but the food I was served was inedible. The lentil soup tasted like saline solution. The Parmigiana Trio was so salty it gave me a headache. I would have sent it back, but we were with company and I didn't want to make a fuss. The same salty red sauce was used on the Spaghetti con Polpette and the member of our party who ordered that only ate a few bites of pasta before quitting (she never even tasted the meatballs). We were terribly disappointed when we left, $120 poorer. If you like salty food, I guess it's OK, but I really can't recommend Vito's to anyone who enjoys fine Italian cooking.
- EnjoyTKLZVIPDined on 10/14/2014Great service with very good food. This was my 3rd visit and had a very tasty steak.Special Features:
- Great Italian Foodsox666Dined on 10/3/2014Went to Vito's for the first time for our anniversary. Very good and friendly staff. Vito came to our table a couple of times during dinner to check on our food and comfort. Ribeye steak dinner was outstanding. Broccoli side dish wasn't though. Seemed almost plastic. Wife had their spicy shrimp dinner and needed extra marinara sauce to tone down the hot pepper flavoring. Vito told us that a lighter variation is available although we didn't see it on the menu nor did the waitress mention it. Their antipasto dish was filled with sausages and sauce, cheese, vegetables, pickles etc. Would like to see more cheese on the plate. When we go back we'll have to try the spaghetti and meatballs. We saw several being served and looked amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDodgerDined on 10/1/2014Looking for a new itailian restaurant in rockford and we found it! Food, service and atmosphere were wonderful. Thank you Vito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!LunaVIPDined on 9/24/2014If your looking for good food, great ambiance, you have found the total package at Vito's. The two times that I have been there everything has been spot on. Each time I have been there Vito came by our table checking on our dinning experience and making sure that we were not in need of anything. I like that he is there and cares about his guests and is very friendly. You can't go wrong on what you order everyone in my dinning party raved about their dinners.. I will be back! Thank you Vito!Special Features:
- Not Bad!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Good Food, could have a bigger dining area. No Kids menu! overall not a bad place to eat.Special Features:
- A great choiceHappydinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love the soups they serve. Excellent. Best quality steaks in Rockford and the salmon is outstanding. And this is an Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014The food was fantastic, but we were seated in the bar area, and a party waiting to be seated in the dining area hung out in the bar and was so loud I couldn't have a normal conversation with my guests. The other party was not seated in the dining area until about a half hour after we sat down. I made a reservation. Wasn't expecting to be seated in the noisiest part of the restaurant. I like a quiet relaxing restaurant experience, and when I have to contend with obnoxious people at the bar, it can ruin my entire experience. This is a higher end restaurant, and the patrons should have carried themselves accordingly. Otherwise, the dining experience would have been top rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitJvleDined on 9/5/2014Went for the first time as I had always wanted to go there but just never had. It was every bit as nice as I had hoped and expected. The huge portion of food was cooked superbly. The service was fantastic and the ambiance was exactly what I was hoping for. I will return to Vito'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianQueenbeeDined on 9/5/2014We went for a date night out. I made a special request for a quiet side or corner table. We were seated inbetween a noisy foursome and a table of six with a fussy baby. It was noisy and we could hardly hear each other. The food was just ok. We ordered a small filet meal and one of the specials beef wellington. The dinners wer fine, but probavly should have ordered pasta given it is an Italian restaurant. The best part of the meal was the glass of wine, salad, and bread.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Service was great. Atmosphere was nice. Snapper was excellent. Chicken Marsala needed more mushrooms and the garlic in it tasted a little raw. Dessert was good. Would return.Special Features:
- WonderfulKperpDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I eat out about once a week and like to try all different kinds of restaurants. Vito's atmosphere, service, and food were some of the best we've experienced. The menu had a nice variety and the price was reasonable, $20 for each of our choices, included salad and bread. Beautifully decorated, very attentive waitress, and the veal and salmon we ordered were absolutely delicious! We would highly recommend this to someone who appreciates fine dining at an affordable price.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Vito's Ristorante reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/18/2014Simply outstanding!! I had the kale & sausage soup and the Conchiglie alla Sarda for my main course. Both were amazing. The staff was incredibly attentive and Vito made the rounds with the patrons while checking in on the masterpieces that he had created. He even treated us to some Italian cookies after we finished the meal. Hands down, the best Italian food I have ever eaten. Everything is made fresh daily. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hjc100534hjc79Dined on 7/10/2014Our sister- in- law,wants Italian food for a change, we sure picked the right one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vito's restaurant- great experienceEnjygr8tmealDined on 7/8/2014This was our first time at Vito's and we had incredible Italian food and the service was great (Patty). I love the quaint atmosphere and we were able to hear our conversation. The size of the restaurant was perfect. We plan on going back again. This restaurant is a hidden gem in Rockford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We had a delightful time with delicious food. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic!LandoGriffinDined on 6/7/2014We had a great time. Two adults and two children (age 8). The waitress, Mary, was friendly and engaging with the children. The food was fantastic and the portions were ample. Vito visited our table on three occasions to check on us. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Great experienceLovesparkerDined on 5/17/2014Great food and staff. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian cuisinePasta2dayDined on 4/30/2014I had business guests from out of town who requested authentic Italian food. Our Reservations were at 6 pm on arrival we were promptly seated and the service from our server was fantastic. The menu choices were also very authentic. We had the spicy pasta dish with shrimp and Our guests had the Alfredo pasta. It was all delicious and we left knowing we would be back. The owner and head chef came out to ask us how our food was and this is something that is a very important part of the dining experience. Chef Vito knows the importance of quality food , fair price and service to his customers. As soon as you walk in and are greeted you know that you will be treated as a customer should. And your meal will be delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Vegetarian lasagna was delicious. Generally disappointed at the charge for local restaurant pasta dishes, particularly with no meat. Server was engaging and attentive to my guest who was celebrating her birthday. The chef visited our table twice. The tiramisu was scrumptious and generous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Rockford's bestRkfddiningDined on 4/4/2014I recommended this restaurant to a few friends and family. This was my second visit. The ambiance was nice but too many tables effecting the noise level and feeling somewhat crowded. The dinner salads are impressive and delicious and you were given a choice of three that night. The wine was good but small pourings that were - at best - 1/4 glass full. I did not order a second. The service was average. On my first visit I had the lasagna and it was excellent. The bread is fresh and served with good olive oil and grated Parmesan on the table. My 8 fellow-diners all enjoyed their food. This visit I had the diablo scampi pasta which was good but I didn't think the shrimp was cooked properly. However, I shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in RockfordRockfoodieDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I go to Vito's for all our special occasions and we've had good experiences every time. The staff are professionals and all the entrees we've tried have been excellent. It gets hard to hear each other talking when the place fills up. We made a reservation on OpenTable, but when we arrived our name wasn't on the list. We were lucky to get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Move out of the way Francesco’s,AUDIT1275Dined on 3/28/2014Move out of the way Francesco’s, Vito’s is our new favorite Italian restaurant in Rockford. The food and service gets five stars in our book. The desserts are a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Made it RightOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/18/2014We were on our way to a movie and wanted to try this place we had heard about from friends. The food was decent and one of the dishes we ordered wasn't as good as we would have hoped. The owner came over (along with the wait staff) and made it right by offering a different sauce and it was great. They even gave us free dessert. We will be back.Special Features:
- Awesome dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Someone recommended the sausage/pepper appetizer. It was so good. Then everyone ordered the lasagna. Unbelievable! The portion size was large enough that we all had leftovers to take home. It was very nice that the owner, Vito, came around a few times to each table to make sure everything was ok. The atmosphere was cozy and comfortable. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Everytime I come to the Rockford area for business I stop by Vito's for a guaranteed delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretThemuellers61109Dined on 3/1/2014My family and I went there last Saturday and the food was fantastic everything was delicious and the portions were huge we tried a little bit of everything and it was all good we will probably be going there again this weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014The filet mignon sandwich was awesome! I can see why it's a local favorite. The service was excellent and the decor is perfect for casual dining or a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I took my wife here for Valentines Day. Service was great and the food was outstanding! A bit expensive, but a good special occasion type of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJodeDined on 1/25/2014Our waitress was friendly and her recommendations were delicious. We especially enjoyed the baked goat cheese appetizer, chicken and wild rice soup. Our entrees and desert were also very good. The chef came out and greeted us. We were able to take our time eating and would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MK's Birthday night outVitosDined on 1/11/2014We always love our time at Vito's truly a neighborhood feeling, family place, and we like that. The food is always spot on, we love that Vito takes time to speak to each table about their dining experience. Staff is always welcoming and makes everyone feel special ! I just wish we could afford to visit more often, and that's not a knock on Vito's but more about our financial cutbacks.Special Features:
- Very Friendly Place!lmurphycphtDined on 12/18/2013I was looking for a restaurant near my hotel and came upon Vito's. The service was wonderful and the food was fantastic. Enjoyed my wine as well. The chef/owner came out and chatted with me for awhile as well. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Worth a visit!!mikelcDined on 11/16/2013Very nice experience!! And the food was very upscale!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Find!JayCeeDined on 11/1/2013Our daughter brought us here the first time, and we were amazed to find such a good dining experience in such an out-of-the-way location on North Bell School Road. This was our second visit. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VitosVitosDined on 10/4/2013A very nice restaurant with a diversified menu adequately priced.Special Features: