Vito's Pizza and Italian Ristorante
1947 N. Lindsay Rd
Mesa, AZ 85213Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vito's Pizza and Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vitospizza.com/
- Phone: 4808323311
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Vito's help you plan your next party or event! Our banquet facility can accommodate up to 65 of your friends, family, and guests. Or, we can deliver Vito's directly to your venue of choice: home or office. Choose from our party menu packages or create your own with the help of our Event Coordinator.
- Private Party Facilities: Vito's has three private dining areas that accommodates 25-60 people.
- Entertainment: We offer Wine Dinners, Live Music, Murder Mystery Dinner Parties and Comedy Shows. Please visit our website for more details and upcoming events.
A word from Vito's Pizza and Italian Ristorante
Vito's Pizza and Italian Ristorante is known for our authentic Italian cuisine featuring Chicago style thin-crust pizza. We've gathered our best family recipes by blending Northern and Southern Italian styles of cooking to create a menu of delicious Italian cuisine. Come and enjoy our warm and friendly family atmosphere. For our daily specials and special events please visit our website www.vitospizza.com for more information. Bon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vito's Pizza and Italian Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Happy BirthdayHoneybunchDined on 10/17/2014When I made the reservation on line, I mentioned birthday gathering. Nothing was said by our waitress until after dessert when we asked about what the restaurant offered for a birthday and she said we could take spumoni home??? How are we to take ice cream home in the car without preparation? Unsatisfactory. This should have been brought up first thing!
- Fantastic as alwaysHonjullDined on 9/3/2014I have been going to Vito's since I was a little boy and they only had one room for the dining room. Very nice / professional staff and delicious food. Always leave there happy.Special Features:
- A wee bit pricey.jlmarksDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I went here for dinner on a Friday night. The food was very good and the service was excellent. The parking is a little tricky to get into, but it is well worth the experience for the food.Special Features:
- Good local restaurantTheQSVIPDined on 7/19/2014A wide selection of food (I had the Deluxe pizza and really enjoyed it); friendly, efficient service and welcoming of family groups.Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the Vito's Pizza and Italian Ristorante reviews archive.
- Dinner for threeFourGuysMinus1Dined on 6/20/2014Three of us who regularly go out for pizza and beer decided to try Vito's for a change. We were all pleased with the square-cut, thin pizza. We usually go to Old Chicago for thick pizza, but go to a couple of other places for thin-to-medium pizza. Vito's takes the cake (or pie) for thin, hands down. No fat circle of inedible bread around the crust, plenty of toppings (we had the meat-lovers and the supreme), and a delicious sauce satisfied our craving for pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceKittyVIPDined on 6/5/2014Vitos is always nice...nothing bad and nothing exceptional - but a good place for lunch and dinner. The pizzas are the star!
- Casual Neighborhood ItalianItalianlvrVIPDined on 4/17/2014Be sure and try Vito's, there's something for everyone on their menu, even you gluten-free types! We were able to hear ourselves speak, which is usually the top priority for our family.Special Features:
- FamilyGoodVIPDined on 4/5/2014I took my family to this place after a long day of hiking in the area. The food was good. We ordered a salad, pizza, a pasta dish and desserts. My sister did not want a dessert until her daughter got the tiramisu. Once she had a bite there was a order for tiramisu and lava cake.Special Features:
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014GOod Menu Options. The Vito Hawaiian PIzza Is Very Good. The Left Overs Heated Up GreaT On The Grill. Chicken Parm Very Good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in AZOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2014I have been to this restaurant over 50 times. They have by far the best pizza I have ever tasted. LOVE VITOS!
- Always goodGoodVIPDined on 3/15/2014I have eaten here a few times and it is one of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedPastaLoversDined on 3/14/2014Appetizers were great! I had a gluten free meal which I would rate as 2 out of 5-very boring and not tasty at all. Four of us dined that evening and the other three meals could have been tastier, they rated their meals as 3 out of 5. For the price, should have been better. $15 for GF penne with some meat sauce and no vegetables is a ripoff.
- Gluten-free delicious foodgogirlDined on 3/11/2014First, we were very disappointed that we made our reservation through this site, and even got a confirmation email and a later reminder, but Vito's had no record of it. Luckily we didn't have too much of a wait. Everyone loved their food, but I especially did because as a celiac, I need gluten free, and Vito's delivers excellent selections. We go often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceHonjullDined on 2/24/2014I took my wife and 1yo child here for dinner on a weekday. The staff was very friendly and treated us all (Including my 1yo boy) well. They draw a good line between making sure you are taken care of (drink refills and other needs) and leaving you alone to enjoy the food and company. The food came out after a reasonable time and was delicious. My wife got a chicken dish with mushrooms and said it was delicious. The chicken and pasta were cooked just right and it came out nice and hot. I got a pizza and it was one of the best pizza's I've found in Arizona. The quality of the toppings is top notch and it came out fresh and delicious. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Valentines choiceValentinesCoupleDined on 2/14/2014Food & service was very good. The only comment is why don't they use a table cloth and would it be so hard to use real flowers especially on Valentines day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKKittyVIPDined on 2/9/2014The sausage and pasta dish was just OK this time - not much sausage. They made such a deal about the coupon that it made the dining event unenjoyable. Service was very slow. We will not rush back - which is sad because we use to be fans of Vito's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their gluten-free itemsgogirlDined on 1/11/2014They have a separate gluten-free menu. The Italian food is so good with leftovers for the next night. Good service,and ambience is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2013Our first visit to Vito's in a year or more and we were disappointed in it. I had made reservations, but we still got seated in "overflow" in the basement. Service and food were okay, but nothing like we've experienced in the past. Just a "bad night"? I hope so.Special Features:
- It Is What It IsLandPVIPDined on 11/15/2013It is what it is and it does that well. Certainly not a special occasion spot, but good basic Italian fare.
- A Great EveningDivaArielDined on 10/29/2013Tantalizing appetizers and dishes. Superb pizza. Friendly and mindful service. Go early because its gets busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have a great menu. TheirJoyandBoysDined on 10/9/2013They have a great menu. Their eggplant parmesan is the best I have ever had. Simply delicious and includes a large side of pasta too. Their pizza is also delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- A Family FavoriteAmaireDined on 10/6/2013Vito's is a favorite of our family and a great date night for my Wife and I. Make sure you try a cappuccino after dinner, it's the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still worth itVandyDined on 9/6/2013I have been going to Vito's since I was a kid. Tortellini sunrise is still great. The pizza wasn't as good as I remember it, but still better than any chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time!toimorrenDined on 8/31/2013I took my family here and had an awesome time! Food was great and the service was amazing! Loved that I could make reservations and we were seated toward the back where it was somewhat secluded! Will definetly return here!Special Features:
- Good but not exceptionalDiner67Dined on 8/17/2013I'm not sure how much a reservation helped us get seated faster then not having one. We still had to wait 10 minutes for a table, and the waiting area is crowded. It was way too hot to wait outside. Misters would have really helped outside in the covered patio area. We ended up getting a drink at the bar and the bartender was very nice. The food was good. Not exceptional. The waiter was ok, served the food, checked on us, but wasn't that interested in us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGoodVIPDined on 7/11/2013I never go to the same place twice. I like to always try new places. I have been to vitos now 4 times. The food and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Restaurant521KmboDined on 6/5/2013The seafood dishes here are excellent. They are generous with the expensive fishes, like crab, and the sauces are perfectly flavored to balance the fish without overpowering it. Our waiter, Alex, was friendly and efficient and left us alone at the right times. The portions are so large we got another meal out of each the next day. By all means have a meal at VitosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodGoodVIPDined on 5/11/2013Got there a bit early before our reservation and it was no problem. They even moved us to the back so we can have a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Very GoodazcahillDined on 4/25/2013We've eaten at Vito's a couple of times that left us just "so-so". This time was a bit different. It's all about the food. This time both of our entrees were substantially better than our previous visits. There must have been a change in management style because the service was much faster, our server more attentive, our drink refills were timely, and the food was hot and fresh. Well done.Special Features:
- Italian Food at its best!MNSWEDEinArizonaDined on 4/25/2013Wonderful restaurant...been going there for 27 years and have enjoyed every time!Special Features:
- Best thin crust Chicago styleclapstersDined on 4/1/2013Best thin crust Chicago style pizza you will find in Phoenix.Special Features:
- The food was delicious. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013The food was delicious. Our waitress Debra was wonderful, attentive, and we received our food without having to wait a long time.Special Features:
- First time using open tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013First time using open table and were pleased with how easy it was to book and that we were expected at the restaurant. Would use again.
- This was a dinner for my birthday.GoodVIPDined on 3/9/2013This was a dinner for my birthday. We were on this side of town and booked through open table. We did not know what to expect. It was very good. The sever seemed really green and brought the appitizer after or soup and salads were already at table. The entrees and pizza were excellent. I am goin back for sure. We very seldom eat at the same place twice but this place was good.Special Features:
- We had reservations but managementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We had reservations but management forgot to tell workers so here we sat waiting for a table. 12 people with no where to sit or wait. It was just oh well sorry.
- We try to take visiting friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We try to take visiting friends to Vito's because it is just a nice restaurant with very pleasant surroundings and good food. Having lived in Rome for 4 years, we compare it to one of the many family run restaurants in our neighborhood just off Via Salaria.Special Features:
- Always GoodKittyVIPDined on 1/30/2013Vito's is always good! The pizza is fantastic. Their sausage sandwich and entree are also super. Always a nice, simple, casual place to dine.Special Features:
- Lost ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013A special occasion brought us out to dine at Vino's. When we arrived, the desk said we did not have reservations and would have to wait 30 minutes. I pointed out our Open Table reservation and the desk said they had other customers who also complained about their Open Table reservations not showing up. Although they did try to honor our reservation within ten minutes, we were sat on the balcony in the rain. Service was great and the food was wonderful but the mix-up, and the cold rain and wind coming through the tarps covering the windows, put a slight downer on the evening.Special Features:
- Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013If you have ever seen a movie scene where the couple is at a private table enjoying dinner,this is it! I had Chicken Parmigiana and I must Say the best i have ever had, This place is classy however there is no dress code, Great for a date night, I wouldn't reccomend for young children due to the older 50+ crowd. A Must Try!Special Features:
- Great food and staff. NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/12/2013Great food and staff. Neighborhood feel and great menu choices. Have dined there with the kids and without. One of our favorites. Menu is excellent top to bottom but don't miss the pizza.Special Features: