Vito's in the Valley
138 Chesterfield Towne Center
Chesterfield, MO 63005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vito's in the Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vitosinthevalley.com/
- Phone: 6365363788x
- Hours of Operation:
M - Thu 11am - 9pm
Fri 11am - 11pm
Sat 11am - 11pm
Sun 11am - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Gianfranco Munna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Weekend!
A word from Vito's in the Valley
The Vito's in the Valley mission is to be a full service, family Sicilian restaurant offering affordable, high quality Sicilian cuisine inspired by authentic family recipes. Our goal is to provide our customers with an entire dining experience that exceed's their expectations on every visit and has them excited to come back again and again!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vito's in the Valley - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
Vito's in the Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (33)great for outdoor dining (27)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (25)romantic (19)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Town & Country CoupleCharliecDined on 9/17/2014We have been to Vito's numerous times. It is our Wednesday night place to dine out. The food is always excellent, the staff attentive and courteous, and the wine list while not large has some very nice selections. I would recommend Vito's to anyone looking for first class food in a casual setting who doesn't want to make the drive to the Hill - but still wants authentic Italian food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vito'sLikestodineDined on 9/16/2014Food & service was very good. Brian was excellent & saw to our every need. His recommendations were very good. Will return soon. Had been there once before & heard the band Mixed Emotions (they were very good) hope they have them more often, worth the trip to hear them.Special Features:
- Birthday successLfdaveDined on 9/15/2014Really enjoyed our dinner and appreciated ability to split entree to get more modest portion of pasta.Special Features:
- Great pizza and pastacaremoVIPDined on 9/11/2014Good food, a little different than Vito's in midtown. Very noisy that night. There was a big party in the same room as us and they were very noisy. Shoukd have been put in a private room if they wanted to be that loud!Special Features:
- TommyBDined on 9/11/2014Very good service and food. So many good-sounding dishes on the menu, so we'll be back to try more. The owner stopped by our table to make sure everything was to our liking. He was very friendly and chatted with us for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeonthegoDined on 9/6/2014Our table was ready on time. We chose to eat in the bar and watch the game. Our server was very helpful with recommendations. The owner was there making everyone feel at home. The food was excellent. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchRmigsaDined on 9/5/2014From the moment we entered until the time we left we were treated as if we were a guest in a friends home. The service was way above average, and the food delicious. The noise level is a little high but did not distract from a truly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- foodwinenotesVIPDined on 9/3/2014Frankly, was a bit disappointed. Service was very slow and food just "ok". The dishes we ordered were heavy on garlic.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food in the valleyTravelerReviewVIPDined on 8/31/2014What a menu and every offering we tried, didn't disappoint. The eggplant parmigian was excellent. Thick cuts of eggplant, lightly breaded and covered in an excellent sauce. The Vito signature salad was over dressed, other than that it was an excellent salad. The pizza was outstanding and the salmon farfalle might have been the best dish of the night. The service was slow and not as attentive as we'd have liked. If management makes this a focus and trains the staff, this restaurant will become a huge success.Special Features:
- Didn't know what to expect....CardinalhogfanDined on 8/31/2014We made reservations and had planned to change and shower after the Cardinal's game. But we were running late and just decided to go for it. The owner was there and treated us like royalty, said don't worry about it!! Food was great and the staff were wonderful! Great time was had by my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Vito'sMatthewDined on 8/30/2014Really a nice place. Would have to go to the Hill for a better meal. Great wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerCrossbowDined on 8/29/2014This was our third trip to this location. We wanted the Sicilian pizza, but settled for the hand tossed after the server told us it would take 45 minutes to an hour for it. Next time, we'll order ahead. The pizza, antipasto salad and aranicini were very good. Our son ordered a calzone that filled his plate. Service was very good, as always and we will be returning, but ordering ahead, for the Sicilian pizza.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Went with a group of our friends to celebrate my birthday. Our server, Jason, was so nice and a lot of fun. We tend to be a fun loving group of people and he gave us excellent service. The food was very good; i had the salmon while others had the pasta dishes. they even brought a birthday dessert which was delicious!Special Features:
- highly recommenddavidDined on 8/20/2014great food, knowledgeable waiter, great service, good microbrew beer selection on tapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great that nightHotpepperVIPDined on 8/19/2014I have been here before and this evening wasn't impressive. The caparese salad had such ice cold tomatoes on it that you could barely eat it very disappointing. The lamb chops were excellent but they were very small especially for the price tag. This wasn't the best visit there have been better.Special Features:
- ServiceWineEEVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food is always great and service is just as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackDined on 8/14/2014Food tends to be a little "spicy" bt most enjoyable. Service (Brian) outstanding.Special Features:
- Good experienceenjoyeatingoutDined on 8/13/2014We ate dinner on the patio and were fortunate to be able to get a table away from the sun. Great food, great service and great ambiance. The drinks were pricier than at comparable restaurants and most of the outdoor tables are in the sun.Special Features:
- DiningdivaDined on 7/30/2014Had a wonderful meal. They were out of 2 different Pino Grigio but not a big deal. Food was fantastic and service was great. We got the Caesar Salad, Tortellini, and T-bone steak. Would definatley get all again.!Special Features:
- Awesome pizzaAwesomeDined on 7/27/2014Nice decor and colors, great looking bar- HOWEVER----THE ACOUSTICS ARE TERRIBLE! The restaurant was half full and we couldn't hear the server when she spoke to us and we had to raise our voices across the table of 3 to hear each other- SO FRUSTRATING! PUT SOME CARPET TILES OR ACOUSTIC TILES ON THAT CEILING! That being said- probably the best pizza in town- absolutely delicious- hand tossed. The sicilian, too was very good but too doughy for me. Calamari and bread, sauce - delicious. We will be regulars, maybe try to sit near to front of the restaurant this time. I wish them great success. This site has not been so far. We will try to keep them in business as regulars. Good salad- house dressing a bit mild thought.Special Features:
- New but great!EvelynVIPDined on 7/26/20142nd time in a week - very professional courteous staff Eggplant parmigiana (appetizer ) was superb and soup of day, a carrot, apple, curry and mint to die for Refilled glasses w/out asking -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy Friday nightBradBDined on 7/18/2014Food brings us back, but a noisy patio. The pizza's are very good, which are a great alternative to plain old pizza joints.Special Features:
- trishmchVIPDined on 7/18/2014First visit to Vito's in the Valley, have dined at Vito's in Midtown many times and love it! Very pleasant and welcoming! The filet was outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FoodFan1123Dined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful experience at Vito's. We had a party of ten, and everything we ordered came out quickly, tasted perfect, and was better than described. The service was phenomenal and the owner is present and loves to chat and make sure your experience is great. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The owner nade up for all the mistakes. I asked for Chompino when I made reservations. They didn't have it but they made it for me. Very good. Our salads came before the appetizers because the assistant waitress gave our appetizers to another table so we had to wait until they were made from scratch. Because we waited so long they didn't charge us for them. The chef personnally came out to ask about the food. I was somewhat disappointed for the evening but they did what they could for us. We've been here a number of times and will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vito's in the ValleybvdinesDined on 7/5/2014This was my first visit and we were greeted and seated per our reservation and my request through Open Table for a window table. The food and service was very good. The waiter was knowledgeable and gave us suggestions per our requests. I am critical of most restaurant's noise levels and found that Vito's also disappointed in this category. I will return for future dinners and want to also take advantage of their happy hour.Special Features:
- delightfulRobbedDined on 7/5/2014Service was great, dinner was delicious, and the weather was beautiful!Special Features:
- TonyVIPDined on 7/2/2014We overheard another server talking about the night specials and our server did not mention all of the specials. When we asked our server, they stated that they were not sure of them all but would find out and then took a very long time to get back with us. Once we ordered one of the entrees (risotto) which we later learned was being made fresh, was going to take a long time to come to the table. If we had been told this when we placed our order, it would of been our choice to either continue with this entrée or pick another. Poor communication from our server, when we asked for the manager, he made excuses about this entrée in which we stated that if we had been told upfront we would not be having this discussion. Dinner took over 2 hours.
- Not a good night at Vito's ):fleetrDined on 6/28/2014First off, Give Vito's a try 'cause its better than this review. They were just "off" last night. We had the Arancina (Risotto Balls) and sent them back as the inside was still very cold and hard. Salads were over dressed the Antipasto Salad included items that were not supposed to be part of the presentation (salami in particular). The Penne Ala Vodka was superb. The Medaglioni a la Bordelaise and unfortunately they were very tough and undercooked. The potato that came with the meal was very dry. Service was sporadic and the waiter was constantly forgetting items we asked for BUT....BUT.... BUT,, please give this place a try. We have eaten here a few times and each time we enjoyed everything about it. Last night was the EXCEPTION.....
- dinnerwithfriendsDined on 6/28/2014this is our second time eating @ Vito's. We really enjoyed it and would go back. There were 6 of us, everyone enjoyed their dinner but one. My husband thought the seafood pasta was a bit bland other than that everyone loved their meal. Our waiter was Outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicest waiterwinedrinkersVIPDined on 6/28/2014We eat at many types of restaurants ranging from the basic, to 5 star international in high end luxury resorts. In our experience, good service is hit or miss and it doesn't always correlate to the price of the menu or location of the restaurant. Vito's waiter Brian was the nicest waiter ever! We were so impressed with his positive attitude and desire to give his customers a great dining experience. Vito's is lucky to have him. about the food- I was pleasantly surprised by the seafood dish that was served on a cutting board with the pieces arranged horizontally and vertically in a very creative display. I did not expect this from an Italian restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vito's in the Valley for lunchkrznbyDined on 6/17/2014We went to Vito's in the Valley for lunch. It was our first visit and Brian was our waiter and we were very satisfied. It wasn't so noisy that we couldn't hear each other and Brian wasn't intrusive always hanging around the table. I would recommend it highly. We will go back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night outCrossbowDined on 6/14/2014The service was excellent. This was our second visit and was much better than the first one. The meals were delicious and came out hot. Wait staff were not hovering, but available if needed. We will return and enjoy many more meals here. During the first visit, they were much busier then for the second and we did not have to wait for our reserved table as we did the first night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersLulu0713Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first time to Vito's in the Valley and we were very pleased with the service and food. We chose to sit outside which was nice, with the exception of the yellow jackets occasionnally flying around - but you can stop mother nature. otherwise, the experience was very nice and the food was well prepared and presented. We will be back again and plan to bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family dinnerfamof6Dined on 6/13/2014We went with the family and they enjoyed the food. The kids meals are a great size for the price. We usually go to Vitos down from the Fox. Menu is slightly different but we totally enjoyed what we ate. Service was great. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerPittypatDined on 6/7/2014This waas our first time at Vito's in the Valley and it will not be our last. The food was excellent as well as the service and value.Special Features:
- The following 100 reviews are from the Vito's in the Valley reviews archive.
- AnnieDined on 5/31/2014The location is great for us but we probably will not go back. The front of the house was very friendly as was our waitress. Both worked very hard to make our experience great. We wanted very much to find our local Italian gem but the food was disappointing. Their coffee, though, is strong and delicious! For a Saturday night, they were not busy. I had to give a "fair" overall rating because the food is what calls you out to a restaurant. Bad service can keep you away but excellent service cannot bring you in.
- JannieDined on 5/29/2014We had a girls night out and had a great time. We were celebrating my birthday and Jennifer (I am not sure about name) was excellent. Love the place.Special Features:
- Great serviceluvtoeatoutDined on 5/24/2014Fun night out, great service! Kaleigh did a fantactic jobSpecial Features:
- A nice experience for the party.GidagorfenDined on 5/23/2014I happened to choose Vito's given one past experience many years ago from the original location with takeout when working in midtown St. Louis. I really liked the lasagna then and now that the new Vito's in the Valley opened, was looking to try it out. We celebrated my mother's 85th birthday as well as my 65 year old sister's from KC (both being in May), along with myself and my eldest sister. Everyone was very pleased with the food and service. The presentation of food was certainly also a form of art. We will likely return again, and no less for me alone, I'll phone in for pickup of that lasagna again! Lastly, in relating of the birthdays, the server did bring a nice dessert shared by all of us for free. One item: plz improve the bread.Special Features: