654 Highland Avenue
Fort Thomas, KY 41075Neighborhood:
Fort Thomas, KY
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vitoscafe.com/
- Phone: 8594429444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gina Puopolo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Anything you want, we will do it.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Mary Ciepiel with any inquiries regarding private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Ciepiel 8594429444
- Entertainment: A random pot pourri of songs ranging from pop to Pagliacci. Legit voices from local universities and music schools belting out your favorite arias, show tunes, and standards accompanied by a grand piano.
A word from Vito's Cafe
Nestled in the hills of Northern Kentucky lies a hidden gem: Vito"s Cafe, Home of the Singing Servers and Home of the Red Ear Brewing Company -- all this and 4 **** stars, too. When you enter Vito's Cafe, you are no longer in the tri-state, but instead transported to New York or Rome. The warm, romantic atmosphere, the aroma of fresh herbs, perfectly cooked meat, melt-in-your mouth poultry, spicy seafood, titillating pasta is only equaled by gracious service and the talented singing servers. Enjoy 4*** Italian cuisine at its best -- just 5 minutes from downtown Cincinnati. "At these prices!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vito's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- The over all meal was verydavcCDined on 12/31/2013The over all meal was very good but the desert was a disappointment. The cake/cookie was hard as a brick, I had to use my knife and I only got a small piece to crumble. I had to scrape the topping off and left the cake/cookie.Special Features:
- Excellent foodKathyDined on 12/26/2013It seemed to us that the restaurant was full of regular patrons who were familiar with the owners, the other patrons, the food, and the ambience. To us, this speaks highly of a one-of-a-kind restaurant. We spoke personally with the owners, who were quite friendly and hospitable. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Faculty & Fun at Their FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013We were seeking someplace memorablel for our Christmas Eve dinner and chose Vito's Cafe in Ft Thomas for our special evening. Who would have guessed that this gem was tucked away in the hills of Ft. Thomas? Starting with terrific seating in the romantic setting and a complimentary glass of sparkling white wine, through a delectable buffet consisting of roast pork, turkey and grouper and ending with the best bread pudding ever made, all wrapped up with excellent service by some of the areas finest entertainers performing traditional Christmas carols and other classic tunes with outstanding piano accompaniment . Our family has decided to make Vito's Cafe a part of our family Christmas traditions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and FundawdavDined on 12/24/2013We've been to Vito's before a few times, never been disappointed. This is our first time for the buffet. It was delicious and the entertainment was wonderful as always. Our son and in laws were with us and they also enjoyed the experience. We love Vito's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience!GodfatherDined on 12/24/2013Vito's is a unique gem in Ft. Thomas. Start with the menu, which offers very well executed, authentic Italian dishes, delivered by friendly, attentive staff in a comfortable, homelike set of dining rooms. The unique embellishment to the Vito's experience is that the wait staff are all very accomplished singers, and, accompanied by legendary pianist Pete, a night at Vito's includes wonderful arias, old standards, pop hits, and, of course, your requests. It all combines for a wonderful sensory bliss of great food and music...you will want to linger, and Vito's expects you to relax and enjoy for a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great singing and great foodEddieCincyVIPDined on 12/22/2013We have been here a number of times in the past. The entertainment is fantastic. Having these wonderful singers entertain you throughout dinner makes the evening wonderful. The food has improved since we were there last. Best meals we have had there. Crab cakes were wonderful. Both the Caesar salad and the arugula salad were very good. The tagliatelle pasta was wonderful the other pasta dishes were changed and were wonderful. Desserts were devine. Plan to stay for 2 hours or more. You will not want to leave.Special Features:
- Waiting and waitingLauraTDined on 12/21/2013Some staff were unfriendly and rude.The food was just ok. We waited 25 minutes for a server to help us, after asking 2 bussers to get our server. Service was spotty after that.The person who brought our entrees out was professional and polite; the server was not. She wasn't apologetic at all for our wait and didn't seem very interested in helping us. She was interested in helping the couple behind us, who were there for an anniversary. Seriously? Previous experiences have been better. However, we won't be back. There was too much wrong this time and no action to fix,or even acknowledge it. We left and went to York Street Cafe for dessert and drinks where we had a great time. And great service. And yes, Vito, I'm telling everybody.
- Vito's Cafe….Great Music!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2013The piano player and the servers are amazing. Jason even sang with our daughter! Lasagna and scallops were wonderful, and the bread pudding amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Offbeat and funCoralRoseDined on 12/15/2013Well, it was offbeat for me, at least. The servers here are music students and periodically go to the little stage to sing an aria or show tune. Their voices were wonderful, I enjoyed the singing very much. Be prepared to spend a little time, this is not a rushed service, although it was efficient. I enjoyed the eggplant parmesan, very hot, crispy and delicious. The prices seemed a little high, but when you factor in the entertainment, I think they were probably about right. Restaurant is easy to find, free and ample parking. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerlphamhDined on 12/15/2013We had an amazing evening. Service, music, and food was great. We also enjoyed meeting Vito and his lovely wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Vito's is great fun. Food a and service are both great. Terrific choice for entertaining out of town guests. Beats the heck out of chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/7/2013We had a wonderful experience, the food is alway good and the singing waiters made it a perfect holiday celebration with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very uniqueBrandonBVIPDined on 12/7/2013This was my third time at Vito's cafe. It's very expensive, but the food is delicious and the atmosphere is like nothing else in the region. It's also the only upscale restaurant in Fort Thomas, so if we want a nice dinner without leaving the neighborhood, this is it. In case you aren't aware, the unique experience of Vito's is that the restaurant staff sings while you dine. They are quite good and it really makes for a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as usualjenamcqDined on 11/29/2013Excellent as expected, will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and friendlyTracyDined on 11/24/2013A great place to celebrate another year of life and love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the best time. AllOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2013We had the best time. All four of us were extremely pleased with our meals. We enjoyed the piano and singing and did not want to leave. Our waitress, Maria, was extra special - efficient, fun, beautiful with an exquisite voice. This was our first visit but we will be back! Great food, great music, great fun - we'll be back!
- Lots of funDaveDined on 11/23/2013I took a group to Vito's Cafe this past Saturday night. Some had been there before and some were first-timers. We had a great time. We really enjoyed the pianist and the vocalists. If you're looking for a unique dining experience, I definitely recommend Vito's.Special Features:
- This is the first time forJGoetzDined on 11/16/2013This is the first time for us and we loved it; will definitely go back and recommend to others! The lasagna bolognese and pork chop were terrific. The entertainment was incredible - the servers all take turns singing (sometimes together) and they are awesome! What a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!MEWKDined on 11/14/2013Vito's had been recommended to me so we went with another couple. The singing servers were fabulous! Amazingly talented and very hospitable servers, too. Our dinners were delicious and the décor was warm and inviting. Overall a very fun evening and we would do it again. The owners made us feel especially welcomed and had the personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic gem for anyone!coopercincyDined on 11/9/2013I've lived in the Cincinnati-area for 12 years and never knew of this place and completely regret it. The service is outstanding. The music/singing is unique and impressive. They have a gluten-free menu and seemingly accommodate any request. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a good meal/entertainment. Vito and Mary and fantastic and we'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ton of FunBrandiVIPDined on 11/8/2013When we first got there and saw the live music/performers (which were excellent, lots of fun, and very personable), we were afraid that the fun atmosphere was going to compensate for sub-par food. We were very pleasantly surprised...the food was absolutely delicious. Great find and worth the drive to KY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Local GemHaubnerS07Dined on 10/20/2013The entertainment and talent of the the servers was truly incredible and the food was perfectly on par. True Italian food at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vito's was exceptional inKathieDined on 10/18/2013Vito's was exceptional in every way. We were greeted at the entry by the proprietors, Vito and Mary, who made us feel as though we were being welcomed into their home. The food was fabulous with a wide selection, , the wine list extensive, and the singing waiters and waitresses entertaining and talented beyond belief. We felt as though we were being treated to Broadway level performances. I ordered the Veal Parmigiana and it literally melted in my mouth. Best of all, Vito's was hosting a Movie Sound Track Trivia night and we won FREE DESSERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In all, a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Vito's Cafe Impresses us again!SimplyDeliciousDined on 10/17/2013We love to take out of town guest to Vito's because it always is such a big hit. The food is delicious, the piano playing/singing is always perfect, and the staff makes you feel like you are part of the Vito's family. There is truly no other restaurant that can compare. We have never had a dish that we didn't enjoy and the bread pudding is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique spot - great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2013Unique spot - great food, wonderful owners, attentive and talented servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeHphockVIPDined on 10/5/2013We go to Vito's about once a year - we live up near Middletown, so we feel it's worth the drive. We take the whole family (7 of us). It is also great for date night as well. I very much like the food and settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Allergies Accommodated Here!MichelleClassDined on 10/4/2013We've never had a negative experience at Vito's. They are always accommodating in every way; however, last Friday night, we decided to take our nearly 8-year old son with us. He has severe peanut/tree nut allergies. As you can imagine, it's always scary to take him out to eat. From the initial email to the establishment to our check, Vito made us feel at ease and even let us check package ingredients when he wasn't 100% sure. It was an AMAZING experience and we'll DEFINITELY be enjoying more evenings there - with children and without! And... if you haven't let your taste buds enjoy the bread pudding, you must do it next time! Words can't describe how wonderful of an experience we had! Thanks to Vito, Mary and the team at Vito's Café!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent! EntertainmentC1958Dined on 9/28/2013Food was excellent! Entertainment was good. Difficult to carry on conversation so don't go here if your goal is catching up with dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ConceptItalian67Dined on 9/28/2013The theater/opera style music and pleasant piano playing, made for a wonderful atmosphere. In addition, our server, Kevin, was excellent. Our food was outstanding! Finally, the owners noticed my wife was pregnant and brought me and her a newborn t-shirt for the future baby - obviously it had Vito's on it, but we both thought it was extremely kind and thoughtful of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around!GinkeezDined on 9/27/2013We had such a wonderful time at Vito's Cafe. The food was outstanding! I had the veal and the bread pudding. I loved that the waiters would get up and sing, and the pianist never stopped playing. It was a great night!Special Features:
- Special Occasion Gemxander86420Dined on 9/20/2013Vito's Cafe is a terrific place! My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary there and the food was delicious. The service was also fairly good. However, what sets Vito's apart is the music. During our dining experience, my wife and I heard numerous songs played by the piano player there. The pianist also accompanied multiple waiters and waitresses while they same songs. Most of the vocalist were fairly impressive as well.Special Features:
- Dinner ReviewDadMezDined on 9/20/2013Overall had a good time, a little pricey, but live music should not be free, not the place for a quiet, intimate dinner.Special Features:
- Always a treat!TablefanVIPDined on 9/19/2013The decision to dine at Vito's is an easy one. There is always wonderful music, great appetizers, drinks, and courteous, attentive staff to help you have a wonderful dining experience. It is a pleasure to have the owners, Vito and Mary, greet you and welcome you, and check back to see that you are doing fine. It is a great treasure! Thanks!Special Features:
- Great spotcharlieDined on 9/13/2013I hadn't heard of Vito's until I found it on OpenTable. I am glad that I did! The food was great and the service was outstanding. The opera singing was a really enjoyable twist. I recommend taking some cash to tip the piano player and singers. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2013I have been going to Vito's for over a decade. Started as a first anniversary dinner and now is a special occasion for my family of 5. They never fail to impress and make a night out one to remember . The food is great, prices very reasonable and they staff is very friendly. The highlight was when my daughter was allowed to play the piano. Professional, good food and a place for making any occasion into a great memory.Special Features:
- Always a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013We just celebrated a friends 60th birthday on Sunday evening. As usual the best of service, food and entertainment made the evening a wonderful event. This is a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:
- We picked this restaurantSavvyDinerVIPDined on 8/24/2013We picked this restaurant blind. We like italian food and had never been there. We were VERY pleasantly surprised. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it was fantastic. We had no idea that there would be live music and that all the waiters would be singing opera. They were absolutely amazing performances. Energetic and entertaining, with live piano in between. My husband, who is very sensitive to loud restaurants, loved it and said it is one of his new favorite restaurants. The food was also mouthwatering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy ourselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013We always enjoy ourselves at Vitos. It was the place for our first date and our engagement. We try to make it back every year for our anniversaries. It is so nice to see all the staff and the customers having a good time. We challenged the performers a few years back with songs from Les Mis and now it is a part of their repertoire. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun restaurant!CelesteDined on 8/16/2013The live piano and student singers were incredible. The servers were quite kind and sought to make sure we were comfortable at every turn. When we were seated, apparently a few large groups had also been seated and the food took about an hour to arrive after we ordered. Fortunately the music was entertaining enough the wait wasn't too frustrating. I would highly recommend this restaurant...as long as you don't have movie or concert plans following!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, fun, fun!frandDined on 8/10/2013Great food, great entertainment, great fun. There were three generations (mom/dad, daughter, granddaughter) and we all had a wonderful time. Chicken Milanese was great, enjoyed the chicken/sausage dish, the " basic house salad" was really good. Bread pudding... YUM! Singers/ servers did a great job. Wonderful entertainers and they provided great service. They performed a song we requested... thank you. Great piano player! Vito even visited our table a couple times to check how everything was. A little pricey, but I still think a great value! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.