Vito's By the Water
1936 Blue Hills Avenue Ext
Windsor, CT 06095Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vito's By the Water
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitosct.com/
- Phone: (860) 285-8660
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert Maffucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Vito’s By the Water is a full banquet and catering facility. Whether you want to book in house or have us come to you, Vito's will custom create a package to fit your personal needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Let Vito’s By the Water provide your next corporate meeting or social function with the same great food and service and attention to details that is synonymous with the Vito’s name.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Rivosa 860-285-8660
- Entertainment: Join our Wine Club at vitosct.com to get special promotions and notifications about upcoming events. We've completed the construction of our brand new patio overlooking the water. This summer let us entertain you with live bands, open mic night, at our outdoor tiki bar.
- Special Events: Throughout the year we hold on and off-site wine dinners; a 4-5 course meal, each paired with a unique wine. We do special event menus for occasions like Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve and we do a spectacular Mother's Day Brunch that's second to none.
A word from Vito's By the Water
Vito’s Restaurants is a family owned and operated business, which means we treat each and every guest like family. Every member of our team is committed to exceptional service, quality, and detail that are second to none. Beautiful water views and a warm, cozy atmosphere makes for a memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vito's By the Water reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)scenic view (15)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Interesting PlaceFoodieDined on 11/21/2014Appreciated the free tasting (meatballs) as we were a first time visit. They were the best part of the meal, Husband enjoyed his Porchetta and the polenta was excellent as well. Calamari was slightly undercooked. Lobster ravioli was oversauced. Everything was served barely warm. Looks like a great place to go to after work for drinks and appetizers but a little loud if you are trying to enjoy a meal in the dining area. Overall - it was an interesting experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch during the weekSammiDDined on 11/17/2014It is quick but great food. Definitely a good spot for business or team lunch. Great happy hour too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of my listExcellentDined on 11/6/2014I come to Vito's almost every time I am in Windsor. Perfect for business conversations and relaxing environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The food and service were both exceptional. I dined with a large group and even though it was crowded we were immediately seated and and our server was very attentive. The specials were excellent!Special Features:
- FridayNiteOutDinerDined on 10/18/2014Good and friendly service. Food was well-prepared and reasonably price. Vito Merlot was a good everyday table wine. Common Italian cuisine dishes, with nothing too fancy. Homemade pasta was very good. We were there at nite, so we did not see the views of the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic DishesTravelingFoodieDined on 10/12/2014Excellent pastas, all made from scratch. The Carbonara was delicious - highly recommend. All bakery - bread and desserts - homemade on premise. Seafood chowder was average. Nice atmosphere. Excellent service and friendly staff. Impressed with their owner being featured on an upcoming Food Network Pasta "Throwdown" versus Bobby Flay in late October!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive ...caelplVIPDined on 10/8/2014... our meals were excellent from the delicious fresh pasta to the perfectly cooked, salmon-topped salad. And their bread basket is "oh, so good!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work gatheringgraz4Dined on 10/7/2014A nice spot with something for everyone on the menu. The dining experience was at the right pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModerateJmillerDined on 9/27/2014The food was moderate. Fried calamari was okay. Seafood stew was ok, for $35 I was surprised to see many mussel shells that had nothing inside of them. I wouldn't get that dish again. The aioli and foccacchia bread was the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- Just okEastcoastFoodsDined on 9/20/2014If you decide to go to Vito's go when it's still light out so you can enjoy the water and the view. We made a late reservation - for 9pm. When we got there the place was almost deserted and there was no hostess to greet us. We hung around the reception area for 5min or so until we just walked in to flag a waiter to get us seated since they close at 10. The food was ok - nothing spectacular but reasonably priced. The deserts were disappointing - the tiramisu had a unpleasant, heavy aftertaste and the canoli was tasteless. If we ever decide to go again it'll be because of the view not because of the food.Special Features:
- AwesomeGlenngDined on 9/20/2014As expected Vito's was the right choice, we have enjoyed a casual outdoor dining experience as well as a romantic indoor meal. The food is always exceptional and the staff treats you with class and present themselves well being polite, courteous and pleasant. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunatelyJJARSDined on 9/19/2014Yes unfortunately We were just visiting the area. Our greeting by the hostess was warm and caring. The hostess then walked us to the table making small talk, sat us at a table and asked if the table was ok. Our server for the evening was filling in for the evening from another one of Vito's restaurants. The waitress was prompt to take our drink order, let us know the specials along with answering questions we had about some item. The presentation of the food was excellent. The follow up was great. Hope you're experience is as wonderful as ours.Special Features:
- really great place to gooutstandingVIPDined on 9/17/2014Vitos on the Water is a gem in Windsor and we went on a Thursday night when the place was hoping with parties and work group dinners. The food is always great there and the service staff are terrific. Our waiter actually brought out bread for my huband and I that was a gluten free wonder shaped in the form of a pizza. We had a great time with our friends and I always love going to Vitos..it's a special place.Special Features:
- The following 350 reviews are from the Vito's By the Water reviews archive.
- Excellent food and serviceTomWDined on 7/25/2014This was our third visit to Vtio's and first chance to dine al fresco. Sitting by the water was very tranquil on a very comfortable evening. Our server, Andy, was very gracious and accommodating. He recommended several dishes and his advice was spot on. My wife's scallops and my Nonna's Pasta were both excellent. We will most certainly return!Special Features:
- glazedonutVIPDined on 7/21/2014It's not bad, but there is often a bit too much garlic that takes over the flavors of the food!! And I like garlic, but this is just overpowering
- Awesome!BritDined on 7/21/2014We always have an amazing meal at Vitos! Great service, great atmosphere and exceptional food.Special Features:
- Never Knew About This PlaceBluzey24Dined on 7/17/2014A few weeks ago, some of my co-workers were in Connecticut from out of town and we all wanted to go out to dinner. Since we always seem to do the West Hartford Center scene, I wanted to find something differnet and ran across Vito's by the Water. All I can say is phenominal. No one left unhappy. Our waiter was amazing as was the food and drinks. I will be back to visit this place on my own with family and the hubby.Special Features:
- disappointedDLinATLDined on 7/5/2014I had been there once for a catered event and for that the food was GREAT. This time I went with 6 folks and 2 folks thought their meal as good -- chicken artichoke pasta and the colossal shrimp cold. Blackened shrimp -- salty; salmon -- skin cooked on it with less cooked section near the skin; a chef who was a guest said he had never seen a hangar steak like that and questioned the cut. Place was way understaffed and took forever for service or any "special" request (like ice for the lukewarm water).Special Features:
- They WERE NOT OPENAEMHDined on 7/5/2014Despite Open Table accepting a lunch reservation for Saturday for Vito's by the Water, they were not open. I am very disappointed in them.
- DonnaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Went to Vitos by the Water for the 1st time and had a great experience. Patio dining was perfect for an after work wind down. The food was delicious. I had an amazing chopped salad with grilled chicken. It was fresh, flavorable and reasonably priced. I would definately recommend.Special Features:
- Sammy44Dined on 6/21/2014Love the outdoor seating and prefix menu offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Brunch EVER!RonCDined on 6/15/2014We were here for Father's Day brunch and we were surprised that the place was empty on a Father's Day. The food was ok and overpriced. The service was so slow. I don't know why because there were only 2 tables that morning. This restaurant is probably has the worst coffee. It was served in a small cup and it was so weak. Be careful to ask for a refill because it's $2.50 a pour. Our waitress never mentioned the refill charge. We paid $10 for 2 small and really weak cups of coffee. My son ordered the omelette station which we thought includes continental breakfast, but we were charged $5 for the continental breakfast on top of the omelet station for $14.95. Maybe that's why the place is empty.
- FantasticFantasticDined on 6/8/2014Great place, great food, great outdoors and staff is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out!DandPVIPDined on 5/23/2014Vito's by the Water is a lovely destination, with views aplenty, along with good food aplenty! Waitstaff knowledgeable, accommodating, and friendly. Mussels are fabulous, as are salads (and to-die-for bread), pizza, and prix fix meals. A good evening out for you and friends.Special Features:
- A Great TimeLucyDined on 5/22/2014The food was great, service outstanding, environment pleasant, and the place was clean. Good value.Special Features:
- Great DinnerVBTWDined on 5/18/2014I took my girlfriend out for dinner since she just graduated college and it was such a wonderful experience the view of the water while eating is beautiful the food was delicious everything was just tremendous.....ask for NikkiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014It was Mother's day so I can understand the wait between getting seated and having a waitress come over for introductions and drink orders but we saw it happen a few times. Their hostess could communicate a little better. The food was good; a great assortment of lunch and breakfast items, not as warm as served food but that is to be expected. The view was nice, we had a lovely view of the ?pond? and park area. We are thinking of going back to try it for lunch sometime- they seem to have a nice outside seating area.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Went for mothers day. Moserately priced, good selection of food. more organization on buffett lines needed. Start finishSpecial Features:
- Almost all 5 stars butttttt....JRod310Dined on 5/10/2014There was a large piece of plastic wrap in one of our pasta dishes. The staff immediately apologized and offered to make another dish free of charge. In lieu of that we asked for a gift certificate which they provided. Other than that, great views, freindly staff, the meals were well prepared and priced accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSteveJoniDined on 5/10/2014We have been to Vito's by the water many times. We have never been disappointed. The food is delicious, and the service is excellent. When we are planning to go out for dinner on a special occasion, Vito's is usually our first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatoutstandingVIPDined on 4/22/2014Wonderful spot and local for us...just love going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good but itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Food was very good but it took a LONG time to get it. Wasn't anticipating a 2+ hour dining experience. Noise level was high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKerryNDined on 4/5/2014The service and food was amazing. Very friendly staff and the food came out very quickly. I would definitely return again and also I'd recommend Vito's to my friends and family!Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014I had a great experience at Vito's! Unfortunately I do not recall our waiter's name...we was a caucasian man with a European accent and treated us well. My only negative feedback is that we were sitting next to one of the private party rooms so it was a bit too loud with the music. I think on nights with private events those tables should be removed? Just a thought! Overall a very positive experience and I would definitely recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dinner to remember.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014I have been to three of these themed dinners, my favorite was "Beer to Bacon" , the explanations of the food and the pairings of each course with drink of choice is interesting and a fun way to enjoy a meal with friends and family and even the people there that you don't know but get to know over the time of the meal. I look forward to the next dinner, "The Big Kid Carnival" , I'm sure it too will be a sold out event. My friend Lisa Holden already made reservations for this event, see you then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprsedoutstandingVIPDined on 2/16/2014I hadn't been to Vitos on the Water in quite a while and the last time I went I was not impressed. This time I was delightfully surprised and very happy with the menu options and the food choices my husband and I made. The waiter was super nice and we were so glad to make it out to dinner after so much snow!!Special Features:
- Wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The service at Vito's was great. They were very attentive. The food was amazing. I would recommend the Chicken Parm, it was very good. The drink selection was great as well. :) i would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines DinnerLiptakDined on 2/14/2014Went here for Valentines Day dinner with my girlfriend. Had never been before didnt know what to expect. My girlfriend is very picky and she loved the atmosphere and her dinner, baked stuffed shrimp. I also enjoyed my dinner, pasta with sun dried tomatoes capers onions and a gorgonzola cream sauce... We also enjoyed our oysters as an appetizer and our "chocolate bomb" dessert. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cha-chingSharonDined on 2/14/2014Way too pricey for a three-star restaurant. Food was good, but not extraordinary. For two of us (I had the salmon and hubby had the stuffed shrimp, plus we each had a "glass" of wine), our tab was $113. Add on a 20% tip, and we were over $140 - more than I pay for a week of groceries. Don't mind paying it if the quality is there, but unfortunately it wasn't. Would have paid $80., tops.
- My husband and I shared aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014My husband and I shared a caesar salad to start. Very good, nice shaves of parmesan cheese. We each had the seafood fra diavolo, a special for the evening. All of the seafood, clams, mussels, shrimp and cod, were perfectly cooked. The staff were all friendly and very helpful with entree and wine choices. A fabulous meal.I would recommend this to a friend.