Vito's By the Park
26 Trumbull Street
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vito's By the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitosct.com/
- Phone: 8602442200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Thursday - Friday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert Maffucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Vito's offers full service, drop off and complete special event service for lunches, dinners, hors d'oeurves and wine dinners for all occasions and all sizes. With extensive menu and specialties we customize to your catering needs. All catered to your unique location.
- Private Party Facilities: Vito's offers both private and semi-private facilities for all occasions and all sizes. With extensive menu and specialties we customize to your desire.
- Private Party Contact: Maryanne Pelkey 8602442200
A word from Vito's By the Park
Nestled in the heart of Hartford, overlooking Bushnell Park, Vito's provides a unique casual yet upscale dining experience. Come enjoy from our full bar selection, our fresh raw bar, or our classic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vito's By the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (12)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (11)scenic view (10)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I go to Vito's quite often and enjoy the food/ambiance/service. It's always very good. It was lovely sitting out for lunch the other day with my colleagues.Special Features:
- special occasionroxanneDined on 8/1/2014the food was excellent, our waitress was exceptional... the whole evening was perfect way to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- 4-Star WorthyXtinaFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Vito's is a great find! They always have some special or special attraction going on. The view is spectacular and the staff is very friendly. The only complaint that I have about the restaurant is that the food takes a while to arrive. However, the breadsticks and drinks will keep you occupied and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian food with a viewaer1985Dined on 7/29/2014Vito's By the Park, as the name would suggest, is located along Bushnell Park in Hartford. The restaurant has a gorgeous little patio out front, so you can look out over the park as you dine. The interior is chic and comfortable. My boyfriend and I ordered the lobster ravioli appetizer, and I had the daily special -- baked cod on a bed of spinach risotto -- for my main course. The food is savory and flavorful, and the portions are substantial. We didn't have dessert, but the dessert and drink menu looks amazing. I'll definitely save room for this next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vito's is still my fave!KFeatsDined on 7/26/2014It has been over a year since we visited this restaurant but it used to be a favorite spot for my husband and I prior to the birth of my son. We came in this visit with our two year old and my parents and all of us had a delicious meal and amazing service! Our server was very attentive and friendly and the manager Mary Ann stopped over to chat and blew me away because she said she recognized my name from before. She was so friendly and welcoming of our toddler. The blue point oysters were amazing and my husband and I shared their eggplant pizza. Sooo delicious. Also impressed with their special petit appetizer they serve to their Vito's reward members. Awesome experience from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentETHELDined on 7/18/2014I like the environment and our server was very kindly and very helpful , I definitive would recommend this to my friendsSpecial Features:
- Great dining experience.....rosesbluesDined on 7/18/2014We had asked for a table near a window, and we were seated just in front of the patio tables so that was great. Our server Lisa, was excellent and attentive. The food was very good (Carbonara and Scrod special) .....just a nice Friday night dinner before going to the Jazz Festival of Hartford. We will return.Special Features:
- Not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Had dinner before the show. Food was not good, service was terrible! The only redeeming part was that the mini cannoli's were fabulous!Special Features:
- Food OK, ambiance goodFooodieDined on 5/30/2014Thought food could have been more interesting for the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service, DisappointingAMF5781Dined on 5/17/2014Took 30 mins to get water poured, 45 mins to get drinks, and 1.5 hours to get our meals (only because we complained, after telling them several times earlier we had a show to catch. We alloted 2 hours for the restaurant, which should be plenty). Ended up boxing our meals and eating them on the run. Didn't even get bread, despite asking several times. They said it was because of graduation parties, but half the tables looked wide open. The manager gave us a discount, but we were hungry during our show, and had already hired a babysitter for the whole night too. Really disappointing date night! The food was decent, though they didn't shell or de-vein the shrimp. Rarely write restaurant reviews, but this made us pretty sad.
- Eat dessert first, then leave.BorisYDined on 5/11/2014Waiter was friendly and attentive and ambiance good, but food was underwhelming. Ordered meatless pasta dish, received one with sausage. Replacement dish came quickly, but pasta was over cooked and mushy. Companion's fish was undercooked in the middle. Dessert was tasty!
- Very niceNightattheoperaDined on 5/9/2014We were late for the opening act of the play. The food came quickly. The check did not. The server was alerted to our time constraint. He was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 550 reviews are from the Vito's By the Park reviews archive.
- Delicious lunch; generous portionsLRCONDined on 4/30/2014Interesting and unique selections; excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry HuskiesHungryHuskyDined on 4/13/2014Great spot for lunch before the UConn Dual Champs parade in downtown Hartford. I found the restaurant just by looking at the restaurants close to the parade route on Google maps and then looked at the menu and booked on Open Table. We had oysters and clams to start and the cheese board which were all delicious. Then we had chicken parm and Nonna's pasta. Everything was delicious. It was crowded but we were never rushed. Food was delicious and the view of the State Capitol was amazing. They can open the front windows for more of an open air dining experience.
- Food & Frank SinatraLucyDined on 4/4/2014As a birthday gift, hubby took me to Vito's for the Frank Sinatra special event. It didn't hurt that they have a decent selection of single malt scotch, too. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive and the lovely lady who seated us notified the band (in secret) that it was my birthday so it was nice when halfway through the show he shared birthday wishes for me with the room. It was comfy enough that several couples (us included) danced a slow dance every now and then. The family style meal was good and plentiful. The room is lovely and we had a comfortable booth: just the way I would want to celebrate any occasion occasion. Scored 10 out of 10 in all categories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know why we don't go thereCTGALVIPDined on 4/4/2014While it's an excellent location, we've tried it a number of times and have been disappointed. It's for those who think quantity is more important than quality. Large portions, but mediocre. Nothing outstanding, or even good. We were enticed by a supper club event with Rob Zappula's orchestra. Music was excellent but food was lacking.
- Great Pre-Show DiningTasteBuddiesVIPDined on 4/3/2014We dined at Vito's before a Bushnell performance. Service was fast, friendly and attentive. The restaurant was not crowded at 6pm. The ambience was nice and calm. The food itself fell flat in taste, texture, heat and overall preparation (Salmon and Squash Risotto). I expected better given the menu prices. Our dining bill for 2 people was around $60 without drinks or apps which is fine, but we both left more than half of our food untouched. Vito's has a pretty good reputation so I won't write them off just from one visit.Special Features:
- Dinner before the Bushnelldbercs1Dined on 3/30/2014We made reservations at Vito's for Sunday evening before our show at the Bushnell. Our server kept an eye on the clock for us. The wine was very good. And our meals..... Where do I begin?! The appetizers were delicious & beautiful. There are good size portions to share, I recommend the burrata- just like in Italy. Our meals were so good, tasty, fresh, not too salty/sweet. I had the lobster ravioli with aparagus= yum. My boyfriend designed his own pasta dish and hasn't stopped raving about the alfreddo sauce. Our friends got Fiocchi (four cheese in a sherry cream sauce) and chicken parm. I regret that we did not have time for dniner but we will be returning for our next show. Wrapped up with espresso and walked to the Bushnell (10mins)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FFine but not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2014Went to Vito's before the Bushnell. Our waitress was greay but had so.many tables - all wanting to order and leavr at thr same time. My scallops and shrimp were so-so. VERY LOUD.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs Up!!!!!DurhamiteDined on 3/28/2014Our experience at Vito's by the Park was very good. Server was very attentive to our needs. Our choices of food were hot and tasty and most of all we weren't rushed. We will come again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View of the parkalaskaDined on 3/27/2014This was not our first visit to Vito's By The Park, we were seated immediately upon arrival and our server arrived quickly. The food was very good and the service was also very good. Our only comment would be, if you have theater tickets, don't assume that it will take two hours for dinner. They are exceptionally quick and with four people having drinks and appetizers, we were ready to walk out the door after just over an hour. We should have moved our reservation up to half hour later. This is nothing against the restaurant, it speaks to their efficient service while still providing excellent food.Special Features:
- Nice meal, great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2014Had a last minute business dinner for group all around the Hartford area. Location was easy to get to from all directions and in a great location. Food was excellent. Service - good. It was a busy night and there was a hiccup or two with specials but they definitely took care of things - without us asking. I would definitely go back. Great value.Special Features:
- Nice spot on the ParkRoseDined on 3/23/2014This was a nice choice to go for dinner before a show at the Bushnell. A nice walk from this restaurant through the park to get to the Bushnell. Dinner was good.Special Features:
- Great before or after BushnellStuctDined on 3/22/2014Great locust ion and food. Fun place. Great friendly service. Always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got seated right away butbiancaDined on 3/22/2014Got seated right away but waited 15 to b acknowledged.. the waitstaff looked kinds confused...our apps came out quickly but our food took 45 mins.. the waiter apologized ..the lobster ravioli didn't even taste like lobster and was not cooked enough inside .. I'm not the type of person to complain so I didn't say anythingSpecial Features:
- Improvement neededUnhappyguestDined on 3/21/2014We had reservations for 6:15 before an 8pm show at the bushnell and definitely not recommended. It took a while to even see our waitress to place our orders. When we finally ordered aps came out quick except meals never were coming out. At 7:35 the food started to come out but only 4 of 5 orders. 2 of the meals were missing ingredients listed in menu (lemons and capers) in the chicken and severely lacked any flavor. We had 2 bites before having to get it boxed since we would be late for the show. The waitress also knew we were seeing a show and speed was not in their cooking ability to get food out. Would not recommend food since lacked flavor and service was horrible.
- Always a good experienceSteveAndPaulDined on 3/21/2014I've been to Vito's several times as a couple or with a group and have always have great service, great food, and a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE place to visitluvinvitosDined on 3/19/2014I have been coming to Vito's for years, first for happy hour, then before shows at the Bushnell, now just because I LOVE IT. On a nice night be sure to park further down the street along the park so you can have a nice romantic (much needed) walk to burn off some of those calories that you are sure to indulge in. I have never had a meal that I didnt absolutely love. Be sure to come early before a show and enjoy a special dining adventure. P.S. bring breath mints if sitting close at the show, the garlic that I love is plentiful in the dip for the bread basket. :) Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant all around diningBenjyDined on 3/13/2014The restaurant is a very good find in the downtown Hartford area.. On Thursday evening, validation of car in a nearby garage is offered, otherwise you might find a spot on the street at somewhat of a distance. The menu offers great dishes and the bread is outstanding. The pre-fix menu is reasonable, otherwise, salad, entree, wine, dessert and coffee are about $80.00. Reasonably priced and comfortable dining, pleasant server staff all make for a comfortable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great afternoon lunch at Vito'sRicky1catDined on 3/10/2014Our group of five, normally celebrate birthdays. My manager wanted to go out for her birthday and she picked Vito's. We normally buy our pizza from Vito's for any office celebrations, so why not go there for lunch. The server was very great, very upbeat, took our orders with the greatest of ease. The food was execellent, not one person in our little group complained or said they didn't like the meal they ordered. The bread was good, and our server kept the water glasses full. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014We had a great experience. We both ordered the specials and loved our meals. The staff was lively and attentive and the overall atmosphere was really nice for a date night. I would absolutely recommend this place to friends. The one negative is the price- it may be slightly higher than expected but the meal and drinks were amazing so we found it to be well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozypjean1004Dined on 3/7/2014It was a great meal and a birthday celebration. They surprised us by bringing out a bday surprise. The waiter had a good personality, however it was not busy and he was not very attentive.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationHLA1Dined on 2/28/2014Celebrated my Wife's birthday there this past Friday. She commented several times on the friendliness of the staff and their attention to detail. She and I as well had a great time and she want to add Vito's by the Park to our list of restaurants to frequent. We have dined at Vito's by the Water frequently and this past Friday's experience adds to our overall enjoyment of this group of restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The bread was fantastic.Special Features:
- Valentines delightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent, service was a little slow but to be expected on a packed holiday. Very romantic table overlooking Bushnell Park, we asked for a seat with a view on our reservation and they delivered. Will be eating there again.Special Features:
- Decent food, service, and ambiance.DiningFoolDined on 2/14/2014Found the service, ambiance and food just okay. Hostesses were not especially welcoming giving the impression that you were perhaps bothering them. Wait staff very friendly but SLOW. Wine was great. Appetizer was very nice. Main course was okay...had surf and turf and salmon (the better of the two but still no better than 7/10). Although I'd go again, it won't be a place I'm running back to and I'll certainly look elsewhere first.Special Features:
- cover your drinkCCandDADined on 2/14/2014The place was great and the food amazing. While the waiter was putting fresh cheese on my wife's dinner he accidently dropped some into my whiskey, glad my wife noticed because I did not, he was mortified and immediately replaced it with a new one even though it was down to the last swallow. It gave my wife and I something to laugh about, it really was funny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly wait staff, excellentBenjyDined on 2/12/2014Friendly wait staff, excellent fish entree and huge salad and pleasant dining atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!BoxerdogDined on 2/8/2014The food was excellent. The service was excellent. We will definitely be back. We celebrated my birthday there and it was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceSouthingtonKSYDined on 2/8/2014Our dinner at Vito's was wonderful. We went with friends and enjoyed the entire experience. The food was great, the service was efficient, friendly and not bothersome, and the ambience was up to date, while still being cozy and intimate. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great meal at a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.