Vito's By the Park
26 Trumbull Street
Hartford, CT 06103Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vito's By the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitosct.com/
- Phone: (860) 244-2200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Thursday - Friday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert Maffucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Vito's offers full service, drop off and complete special event service for lunches, dinners, hors d'oeurves and wine dinners for all occasions and all sizes. With extensive menu and specialties we customize to your catering needs. All catered to your unique location.
- Private Party Facilities: Vito's offers both private and semi-private facilities for all occasions and all sizes. With extensive menu and specialties we customize to your desire.
- Private Party Contact: Maryanne Pelkey 8602442200
A word from Vito's By the Park
Nestled in the heart of Hartford, overlooking Bushnell Park, Vito's provides a unique casual yet upscale dining experience. Come enjoy from our full bar selection, our fresh raw bar, or our classic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vito's By the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)good for groups (24)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (12)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- So-so---nothing specialWICKEDDisappointedDined on 11/15/2014We wanted to love the food at Vito's by the Park, but it just wasn't possible. While the service and ambiance were fine for this cool November night prior to seeing WICKED at the Bushnell Theater, the food was 'nothing to write home about.' We started with the pumpkin ravioli--a special appetizer, which took quite a while to arrive (the waiter said they made the wrong one by mistake). It was worth the wait though--quite tasty with the sauce, mushrooms and spinach (as was the complimentary bread). My husband ordered a Clam's Casino pizza that he said was 'lukewarm' at best and tasted like it had been cold and heated up. My Eggplant Parmesan-- although it was hot--was rather bland--the sauce actually tasted like something out of a jar. I've had much better. While we may return to give Vito's another chance (since on our first visit a few years ago we were impressed and really liked the food), we would certainly order something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodFredrickaDined on 11/13/2014Have visited Vito's before and was generally pleased. However this last visit was a miss. Ordered the Pasta Al Forno, and for a house specialty, it was quite mediocre. Description noted all manner of interesting flavors such as pancetta, fennel, cumin, nutmeg and pumpkin marscapone, but the reality was rather tasteless pasta in an orange hue. I would recommend Vito's though, based on other visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See below.dougDined on 11/13/2014We had reservations - we were delayed and I called twice - they were very accommodating. We were a group of four and all of us would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice waitstaff drab foodMarksReviewDined on 11/9/2014Great service. Overcooked octopus app. Overcooked pasta. Nice atmosphere. Mid afternoon so not when you expect the best.Special Features:
- BeckyDined on 11/8/2014Not good. We were seated right away, and our server came over and took our drink and appetizer order, which was promising. We told our server we needed to be at a show at 8 - our reservation was for 6:30, near the theater;he said it wouldn't be a problem. Forty minutes after we placed the appetizer order it arrived. Our server told us that he knew we were in a hurry, so he would get our entrees out immediately - allotting no time in between the appetizer and entree. While we were waiting, three different servers came to our table with the wrong orders. The lights in the restaurant kept flickering, until the one behind us finally blew out completely. The food, when it came, was not worth the money - I've had better meals at Maggie McFlys.
- Eat before ShowMealB4SHODined on 11/8/2014We loved the ambiance of the restaurant. We had a complementary appetizer which we enjoyed. The salads were delicious!!! We will visit again if we are in the area for a show at the Bushnell.Special Features:
- Great Location/Excellent FoodvipermanDined on 11/5/2014Vito's is conveniently located adjacent to Bushnell Park. Valet parking is available and there are several parking garages close to restaurant. The food and service were both outstanding. The menu featured a wide array of food types (pasta, chicken, seafood, pizza). We had tickets for an early performance (7:30 PM) at the Bushnell Auditorium and our server made sure that we were served our food and received our check with plenty of time to spare to make the show. Our party had the chicken saltimbocca, eggplant parm. and the mushroom ravioli special. All were cooked to perfection and were truly outstanding. Vito's by the park is a great dinner/Bushnell show choice.Special Features:
- Good but not greatmydinetimeDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant is beautiful and quite comfortable. We sat by a gas fireplace and we were warmly greeted by our waiter. The place was quiet for a Saturday night, which isn't uncommon for Hartford these days. Considering that the place was not busy I would say our service was slow. Drinks were not refilled with any sense of urgency - 15 to 20 minute waits. The food was average for the price range. Pizza was over-cheesed. A margarita pizza had melted shredded cheese instead of dollops of good mozzarella. A gorgonzola and shrimp pizza had way too much cheese making it difficult to taste the shrimp. The eggplant parmesan was ok but not much better than a decent mom and pop Italian place would be.Special Features:
- Good food; not the best locationcaelplVIPDined on 10/17/2014It was a gorgeous day so the doors to Vito's alfresco dining area were open (we chose to eat inside). Since this restaurant is located near a stop light, car/truck noise can be overwhelming. And, there were smokers dining alfresco; and we were also visited for a short while by a bee. While my beet/goat cheese salad was delicious, topped with a perfectly cooked chunk of salmon, my co-workers fresh fettucini entree was clumped together (possibly undercooked). Note-to-self: Next time, don't get a street-side table.Special Features:
- Disappointing1fromcolumnADined on 10/11/2014Have been here before, better experience. This time not very crowded and service was poor. Had to get the attention of the staff to move meal along.
- Last minute find excellent choice!Ny4grpDined on 10/10/2014Googled last minute dinner reservation. There were 4 in our group. Food was superb. Fresh, high quality ingredients prepared right. Appetizers, entree, dessert one more delicious than the other. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at VitosSusanVIPDined on 9/29/2014It was our first time at Vito's. Upon arriving, hostess Brittney was very welcoming. The bartender on that evening was Ally made us very nice cocktails. Followed by a very nice dinner with server John, who took very good care of our dining experience. Just wanted to thank you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Poor serviceLipidheadDined on 9/27/2014We go to Vito's often and this was by far our worst visit. The evening started well until the salad arrive. The appetizer dishes were the first of many to be picked up far too late. Our water glasses were never filled. The wait between presenting the check that picking up the credit card was long; especially, for a couple heading to a show. The bill was wrong, but we didn't have the time to argue. The waitress didn't seem to have too many tables and was very pleasant. She just didn't seem to care about picking up finished plates. I can't explain why the bill was wrong.
- Just PerfectMackeyVIPDined on 9/27/2014I sat outside on a glorious late summer day so I asked for a table outside overlooking Bushnell Park. My server Mike Rivera was the perfect blend of professional, friendly and knowledgable. When I asked about the beef selections he suggested an exquisite filet. The focussing bread was so tasty and favorable I could have made a meal of it. My leftovers were packaged perfectly to be enjoyed the following day. I cNt wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBobAndKrisDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here -- and were very pleased with our choice! Starting with the "Happy Anniversary!" greeting as we walked through the door, the evening was just wonderful. Attentive server, delicious dinner, nice wines, it was a very enjoyable evening and we look forward to a return visit soon!Special Features:
- Sat night dategolfdivaDined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend enjoyed his dish however my fettuccine pomodoro was bland and disappointing. The chocolate lava cake was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy night downtownLynnmarie1513Dined on 9/13/2014It was a busy night down town and they were the only place with a table immediately ready. The food was pretty good but the service was very slow. We had to ask for our drinks twice and never had or waiter bring more water. I have been here before so I know the service is better than that but this night was just not their best showing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spot downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Vito's by the Park continues to impress with its casual fine dining atmosphere and food. The menu never disappoints and their servers are always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotMariaVIPDined on 8/27/2014This is a solid Italian restaurant -- great staples with yummy seasonal dishes! Quick -- but unharried service -- makes this a tasty lunch place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I go to Vito's quite often and enjoy the food/ambiance/service. It's always very good. It was lovely sitting out for lunch the other day with my colleagues.Special Features:
- special occasionroxanneDined on 8/1/2014the food was excellent, our waitress was exceptional... the whole evening was perfect way to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- 4-Star WorthyXtinaFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Vito's is a great find! They always have some special or special attraction going on. The view is spectacular and the staff is very friendly. The only complaint that I have about the restaurant is that the food takes a while to arrive. However, the breadsticks and drinks will keep you occupied and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!BabydollDined on 7/30/2014Great food and service! Portions are satisfying. The ambiance is relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian food with a viewaer1985Dined on 7/29/2014Vito's By the Park, as the name would suggest, is located along Bushnell Park in Hartford. The restaurant has a gorgeous little patio out front, so you can look out over the park as you dine. The interior is chic and comfortable. My boyfriend and I ordered the lobster ravioli appetizer, and I had the daily special -- baked cod on a bed of spinach risotto -- for my main course. The food is savory and flavorful, and the portions are substantial. We didn't have dessert, but the dessert and drink menu looks amazing. I'll definitely save room for this next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vito's is still my fave!KFeatsDined on 7/26/2014It has been over a year since we visited this restaurant but it used to be a favorite spot for my husband and I prior to the birth of my son. We came in this visit with our two year old and my parents and all of us had a delicious meal and amazing service! Our server was very attentive and friendly and the manager Mary Ann stopped over to chat and blew me away because she said she recognized my name from before. She was so friendly and welcoming of our toddler. The blue point oysters were amazing and my husband and I shared their eggplant pizza. Sooo delicious. Also impressed with their special petit appetizer they serve to their Vito's reward members. Awesome experience from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 557 reviews are from the Vito's By the Park reviews archive.
- excellentETHELDined on 7/18/2014I like the environment and our server was very kindly and very helpful , I definitive would recommend this to my friendsSpecial Features:
- Great dining experience.....rosesbluesDined on 7/18/2014We had asked for a table near a window, and we were seated just in front of the patio tables so that was great. Our server Lisa, was excellent and attentive. The food was very good (Carbonara and Scrod special) .....just a nice Friday night dinner before going to the Jazz Festival of Hartford. We will return.Special Features:
- Not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Had dinner before the show. Food was not good, service was terrible! The only redeeming part was that the mini cannoli's were fabulous!Special Features:
- Food OK, ambiance goodFooodieDined on 5/30/2014Thought food could have been more interesting for the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service, DisappointingAMF5781Dined on 5/17/2014Took 30 mins to get water poured, 45 mins to get drinks, and 1.5 hours to get our meals (only because we complained, after telling them several times earlier we had a show to catch. We alloted 2 hours for the restaurant, which should be plenty). Ended up boxing our meals and eating them on the run. Didn't even get bread, despite asking several times. They said it was because of graduation parties, but half the tables looked wide open. The manager gave us a discount, but we were hungry during our show, and had already hired a babysitter for the whole night too. Really disappointing date night! The food was decent, though they didn't shell or de-vein the shrimp. Rarely write restaurant reviews, but this made us pretty sad.
- Eat dessert first, then leave.BorisYDined on 5/11/2014Waiter was friendly and attentive and ambiance good, but food was underwhelming. Ordered meatless pasta dish, received one with sausage. Replacement dish came quickly, but pasta was over cooked and mushy. Companion's fish was undercooked in the middle. Dessert was tasty!
- Very niceNightattheoperaDined on 5/9/2014We were late for the opening act of the play. The food came quickly. The check did not. The server was alerted to our time constraint. He was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunch; generous portionsLRCONDined on 4/30/2014Interesting and unique selections; excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry HuskiesHungryHuskyDined on 4/13/2014Great spot for lunch before the UConn Dual Champs parade in downtown Hartford. I found the restaurant just by looking at the restaurants close to the parade route on Google maps and then looked at the menu and booked on Open Table. We had oysters and clams to start and the cheese board which were all delicious. Then we had chicken parm and Nonna's pasta. Everything was delicious. It was crowded but we were never rushed. Food was delicious and the view of the State Capitol was amazing. They can open the front windows for more of an open air dining experience.
- Food & Frank SinatraLucyDined on 4/4/2014As a birthday gift, hubby took me to Vito's for the Frank Sinatra special event. It didn't hurt that they have a decent selection of single malt scotch, too. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive and the lovely lady who seated us notified the band (in secret) that it was my birthday so it was nice when halfway through the show he shared birthday wishes for me with the room. It was comfy enough that several couples (us included) danced a slow dance every now and then. The family style meal was good and plentiful. The room is lovely and we had a comfortable booth: just the way I would want to celebrate any occasion occasion. Scored 10 out of 10 in all categories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know why we don't go thereCTGALVIPDined on 4/4/2014While it's an excellent location, we've tried it a number of times and have been disappointed. It's for those who think quantity is more important than quality. Large portions, but mediocre. Nothing outstanding, or even good. We were enticed by a supper club event with Rob Zappula's orchestra. Music was excellent but food was lacking.
- Great Pre-Show DiningTasteBuddiesVIPDined on 4/3/2014We dined at Vito's before a Bushnell performance. Service was fast, friendly and attentive. The restaurant was not crowded at 6pm. The ambience was nice and calm. The food itself fell flat in taste, texture, heat and overall preparation (Salmon and Squash Risotto). I expected better given the menu prices. Our dining bill for 2 people was around $60 without drinks or apps which is fine, but we both left more than half of our food untouched. Vito's has a pretty good reputation so I won't write them off just from one visit.Special Features:
- Dinner before the Bushnelldbercs1Dined on 3/30/2014We made reservations at Vito's for Sunday evening before our show at the Bushnell. Our server kept an eye on the clock for us. The wine was very good. And our meals..... Where do I begin?! The appetizers were delicious & beautiful. There are good size portions to share, I recommend the burrata- just like in Italy. Our meals were so good, tasty, fresh, not too salty/sweet. I had the lobster ravioli with aparagus= yum. My boyfriend designed his own pasta dish and hasn't stopped raving about the alfreddo sauce. Our friends got Fiocchi (four cheese in a sherry cream sauce) and chicken parm. I regret that we did not have time for dniner but we will be returning for our next show. Wrapped up with espresso and walked to the Bushnell (10mins)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FFine but not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2014Went to Vito's before the Bushnell. Our waitress was greay but had so.many tables - all wanting to order and leavr at thr same time. My scallops and shrimp were so-so. VERY LOUD.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs Up!!!!!DurhamiteDined on 3/28/2014Our experience at Vito's by the Park was very good. Server was very attentive to our needs. Our choices of food were hot and tasty and most of all we weren't rushed. We will come again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.