2807 Ocean Park Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3104504999x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Vito Restaurant
Vito Restaurant is celebrating over 33 years of delighting its customers with the best in fine Italian cuisine. As a family-owned-and-operated restaurant located in Santa Monica, California we are dedicated to providing exquisite food and impeccable service to create the perfect dining experience. Step through the front doors and begin your journey to the heart of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Vito Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Vito Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (37)romantic (32)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (19)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Old world charm & classicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Great service. Best house salad I've had. The Osso Buco & Putenesaca were excellent. Felt like I had gone back in time to a restaurant frequented by the Godfather.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian...cdezDined on 8/28/2014Food and service were off the charts. The pasta with shrimp and the pink cream sauce was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated my daughter's 24th birthday here. Everything was superb. We've been dining here for almost 30 years, and Vito has remained consistently wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost, very good.RobWDined on 8/21/2014I brought a friend , his 1st time to Vito's. My previous experience was good. Waiter was old school, experienced. We ordered and shared a Ceasar Salad made at the table. It was good, but a little to salty. I ordered a pasta, which was very good, and my guest ordered Salmon rare. His Salmon appeared to be well done with the 1st bite, and we called our waiter over. He said that, sometimes the ends of the Salmon are well, but the center should be rare. He cut into the center of the Salmon and it was also well done. The waiter appeared to defend the salmon and left us. My guest not wanting to make a scene had a couple of bites, said he would take it home and scramble it with eggs. Disappointed, and my guest will not return to Vito's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic style and classLizzieismVIPDined on 8/14/2014This Italian restaurant has a varied menu and everything is prepared to perfection. Served in a relaxing old European style atmosphere, your dinner is sure to be delicious and delightful. Whether you are having a romantic evening out or a family celebration, Vito provides dining the way it was intended to be. There is valet parking in the back.Special Features:
- Classic!margorensDined on 8/9/2014The have tons of selections. The waiters bring you back to Italy. Great martini!reasonable prices. Great overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at VitoseafishDined on 7/30/2014The personnel at Vito restaurant were very accomodating. Per the request I made through my reservation on Open Table, they accomodated the circular table I had requested that is very conducive for a business dinner. They also easily accomodated a last minute add-on to our reservation for a couple additional guests. It's always a delight being at Vito and their excellence is not unappreciated or unnoticed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfoodieDined on 7/29/2014My boyfriend brought me here a couple of years ago and I absolutely fell in love. Awesome food, romantic atmosphere, amazing service.Special Features:
- shopperVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a smallish restaurant and a bit crowded when all the tables are taken. The servers were trying to get out of each others way whenever they needed to go to a table. The noise level is very loud. Our server seated us and came back with the menus and told us of the specials for the night. We ordered a caesar salad which was made at tableside. We asked that one salad only have the anchiove paste and the other without. He obliged and mixed them separately. When we tasted the salads, they were both so bitter that we were unable to eat them. Our server suggessted to take it off the bill. The entrees we ordered were also not very good. The prices here are high and I would expect the food to be outstanding.
- daniVIPDined on 7/11/2014Old style Italian restaurant with very good service, reasonably good food, and rather cramped and noisy.Special Features:
- Always great!!moocowwDined on 7/9/2014When we want Italian food, we go to Vito……..delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old SchooljessepetuniaDined on 6/26/2014We love Vito's! No way do you feel that you are in L.A. This place is a throwback. Service is impeccable. They make the dressing for the Caesar salad at your table. Hank, Nick or George make this a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An OK dinnerCRM1VIPDined on 6/18/2014An old fashioned place with the same waiters that were there when I visited years and years ago. Food is reliable. They only have a few wines by the glass - not listed on the extensive wine list. They do have a fabulous dessert trolley - yes a trolley - lots of choice there. The bus boy was a little over enthusiastic taking away plates and bread etc before everyone had finished but we mentioned it to the Maitre D' and he was happy to hear it. Might go back if I have another coupon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TmarianDined on 6/15/2014The service was not that outstanding plus we had a $25 coupon and they discounted the $ 25 but they added $ 100 to the bill. Luckily my husband checked the bill. The best rich is the shrimp pasta.Special Features:
- Great findleetyDined on 6/15/2014Great spot, great service (a bit lethargic but it was Father's day and they were super busy so not sure on other days), great food. Lucky find.Special Features:
- Divine Italian food on Ocean ParkqsteramaDined on 6/12/2014What an amazing dining experience in an unassuming part of Santa Monica! The warm freshly baked bread and the garlic toasts made excellent appetizers. The Rigatoni Amatriciana was incredibly delicious. Had a taste of my friend's Spaghetti Della Casa, which was scrumptious. Shared dessert of carrot cake and tiramisu capped off a wonderful dinner. Service was impeccable. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Review for Sunday June 8th (early)DickDined on 6/8/2014This was our first visit. Very reasonable Valet parking, widely varied menu, excellent drink menu, and experienced and professional waiters and service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency over decades!UCLADinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have been going to Vito since 1988 - same menu, consistent kitchen, highly professional and stable (over the years) wait-staff that radiate warmth and competence. The food is great, but equally notable is how "comfortable" it is to be at Vito with family and friends.Special Features:
- Comfy old school ItalianBuddygVIPDined on 6/5/2014Walk in and the vibe hits you immediately; clubby, intimate, friendly, warm, comfort food awaits. It's not going to challenge your creative taste buds and appetite, but you'll leave happy and more relaxed than when you came. Nice small bar, tooSpecial Features:
- Romantic hidden gemNoellabellaDined on 6/1/2014In Santa Monica, this restaurant is fine dining. Where the waiters wear tuxedos. The food was delicious!! Great drink menu. The ambience was great - darker, cozy and romantic. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends AnniversaryMarkDined on 5/25/2014Took our out of town (San Diego) friends here to celebrate their anniversary. We have been here many times before. We choose this place because we knew it wouldn't dissapoint. Food is always good, nice portions, decent price.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantCathyDined on 5/23/2014Excellent food, friendly service, would definitely recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A LA/Santa Monica staple for yearsstacirVIPDined on 5/22/2014Local joint that we love ask for HANK! This food is what we keep coming back for! Amazing and the service is even better. You can't miss this when visiting...Special Features:
- The following 72 reviews are from the Vito Restaurant reviews archive.
- Better Options ElsewhereDrShorterVIPDined on 5/9/2014It's amazing that this place is as packed as it is. Overpriced drinks, overpriced food, loud waiters, overly packed seating, no parking, all served with a touch of attitude. Seriously, their food is below average compared to three other Italian restaurants all within five miles. The martinis are rarely chilled enough to sustain ice slivers. They pack you in so tightly into that main room that a romantic conversation would be impossible due to another table being about a foot away. My friend lives two doors down and she loves it. But she's also gorgeous and might be living in Jon Hamm's bubble. I'll hopefully not be returning to Vito anytime soon.
- Excellent menu and servicecanbecriticalDined on 5/7/2014This restaurant is an unexpected treasure! The menu offered most of the Italian favorites and, in addition, several selections of special items of the day that all sounded wonderful. We chose the special salmon entree in a light lemon cream sauce with freshly steamed vegetables. it was delicious! The dessert cart was abundant with a variety of delicious choices. The service was excellent, unhurried and gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic StyleTheFineDinersVIPDined on 4/19/2014We had high expectations however, the entrees were nothing special. We had anticipated a fantastic Caesar salad since they make it at your table but all we could taste was the mustard which was apparently applied too heavily. We had a coupon so we didn't complain. My husband had the Cioppino which the waiter recommended. At $32.50 it was about the most expensive dish on the menu. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't noteworthy or worth returning for. It consisted of very small clams and mussels yielding almost no meat and a few large prawns that were tasty but mainly contained small pieces of calamari. The broth was watery, not the kind you want to dunk your bread into. My wife had the Puttenasca and even by Puttenasca standards it was too salty.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysPeteDined on 4/13/2014My family's favorite. Great wine, best caesar salad around and impeccable pasta. And the martinis are generous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Charm - Amazing FoodStanandDeliverDined on 4/10/2014Vito has been serving amazing, northern Italian food for over 30 years and I've been going since their first year. The food is exquisite - like homemade from a legendary Italian grandmother. It's BY FAR the best caesar salad in Los Angeles - made right at your table. The pasta is like a little piece of heaven. My favorite entree is the Sand Dabs in mustard sauce. And you won't find a more accommodating and friendly staff anywhere in Southern California. Next time you want a romantic meal for two or need a special place to go to celebrate a big occasion - VITO is the perfect spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Ambiance in Santa MonicaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/3/2014Great Happy hour with fabulous drinks that are reasonable and for the food. Its New York level in all respectsSpecial Features:
- First timers felt like regularsJenniferinSaMoVIPDined on 3/31/2014Vito has an old-fashioned vibe with excellent traditional Italian food. The service is constant and unobtrusive. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingfoodwasgoodDined on 3/30/2014I had heard that Vito's was good so finally decided to stop by. Got the Spaghetti Della Casa and was unimpressed. It was not bad, but very average. The desserts were an improvement, though a bit overly sweet which at times can tend to mask a subpar dessert. At the end, after waiting for 10 minutes, we had to go and find a waiter to get our check. Up till then the service had been just fine.Special Features:
- Really can't say enough goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014Really can't say enough good things about Vitos. they have the dining experience down to a tee. Super attentive staff that has been there over a decade. Food is really off the charts,specials every night. The thing we really love is the atmosphere,very mid centrury modern dining room with frank playing in the background, authentic without being overstated. Would recommend trying for lunch first better prices and the portion size about the same.Special Features:
- Like jumping into a time machineWolfEdmanVIPDined on 3/29/2014Like jumping into a time machine and finding yourself in a New Jersey Italian Mafioso hangout. Waiters with tuxedos and faux Italian accents. Great service. Homestyle food. Classy joint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get any better than thismtrev22Dined on 3/29/2014Absolutely love this place. Food is phenomenal. Location is easy to get to. Valet parking is easy and very reasonably priced. Great wine selection at an affordable price. Delicious desserts. You cant go wrong with anything here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful return visit to a gemomnivoreVIPDined on 3/21/2014Returning to Vito after a decade convinces me that it is possible for a restaurant to remain at the top of its form. On past visits to Vito, I had been impressed with both the food and the service - in many ways very close to the experiences I've had in top European restaurants. On my return, I found the same amazing service and wine list that I remembered, and food that was even more impressive. The three course meal that the waiter defined with us combined a lovely puttanesca with perfectly cooked fish and memorable short ribs. One of the very few times that I wasn't left thinking "this is almost as good as ________." The staff and kitchen should be proud of keeping such standards and so ably serving a happy house of diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood, but will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/21/2014This was our third time at this restaurant, although it is located near our house, where we have lived for 16 years. We will never go back. It was crowded at 6 pm on a Friday (mostly old people, early diners). The restraurant is very dark. The booth we were in (in the very back of the place) was tight and the seats uncomfortable. The service was "sluggish"; the waiter hat a strong accent and was difficult to understand. Waiters were constantly stepping over each other. Most importantly though, the food is way overprized and medicore. Simple pasta dishes for $18+! Simple Cesar salad for two $17.95. You don't have to have wine or dessert but still walk out with a substantial bill here. I do not know what the attraction is of this place.
- Very NiceDannDined on 3/14/2014Vito's is a neighborhood, Santa Monica favorite. A very upscale, old-school Italian restaurant with impeccable food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2014This was our first time at Vito's. We were a party of 6, of which one couple are regulars ... which we could tell why immediately! Great wine and food, waiters were friendly and helpful w/ suggestions! Keep doing what you are doing ;-)Special Features:
- Vito a great findDaveWsrDined on 2/16/2014Food was delicious . I had short ribs with a gravy that tasted great on the way in and lingered afterward. My guest had the shrimp scampi that also was an A plus. Leftovers were still tasty 3 days later . Nikolas was our waiter and he was professional , knowledgeable and makes a mean Caesar salad. We will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- la familia family favoritetaninaDined on 2/15/2014I, with my family, have dined at Vito's for years. we are always very happy with the food, ambience and sincere attendance to our needs whether a large family gathering or romantic spot of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.