Vitale's Italian Bistro
942 9th Street
Gloucester City, NJ 08030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vitale's Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vitalesitalianbistro.com/
- Phone: 8564565660
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Vitale's Italian Bistro
Vitale's Italian Bistro comes to you with over 50 years experience serving great food at fabulous prices, in a casual, family atmosphere. We bring to you a delicious and varied selection of fine Italian food, with each item prepared to order with our own special recipes, by our talented chefs. "Enjoy the taste of Italy"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vitale's Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I am so glad that I bought the restaurant.com voucher to try this place. I would never have known about it. The outside does not look like much, but it is the best Italian food that I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineDailyDined on 6/4/2014Great local restaurant, enticing appetizers and creative entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- James BuckleyJimmyDined on 5/11/2014We were surprised at the limited menu, however, we certainly understood the reason being Mother's Day. All six of us enjoyed our meals and some of brought home the dinner portions since we had ordered so many appetizers. We had a terrific finish to a great Mother's day by having dinner at Vitale's. We will definitely be returning with our family and our friends. Thank you for the great food and hospitality.Special Features:
- Nice , enjoyableMichael56Dined on 4/19/2014This was our first date, and our first time at this restaurant. We were seated immediately . The wait staff was excellent, always keeping my glass full. We didn't order an appetizer , but went straight to the main course. The food was presented nice, large portions . We had to each take some home. There were no complaints from my date about her for, and my food was excellent . I would highly recommend this restaurant for the food and service, but the ambience was somewhat lacking. Overall an excellent experience .Special Features:
- Dinner for birthdayJenniferVIPDined on 3/28/2014We celebrated my 42nd birthday before going to get my 1st Tatoo to commemorate my upcoming wedding and stepchildren. The waitress got us out on time, we did not feel rushed and the food was great. We all took home food and had no room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice , Friendly and Good FooddinnerfortwoDined on 3/1/2014Very Good Italian food at moderate prices. The Bracciole melts in your mouth. Clams Casino were enjoyable. The "Fruits of the Sea" were excellent. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!RosinaTetiDined on 2/28/2014My husband and I started coming here a couple of years ago when we were dating. We heard about the food before, but when we went inside, we fell in love with the place! The restaurant is inside of an unassuming building, but as soon as you go inside, you feel like you are home! My bridal shower was held there, in an upstairs room, and it was awesome! Now that we have a baby, we are looking forward to bringing him for his first Vitale's experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly diningbbowieDined on 2/28/2014Good atmosphere, very friendly staff, great food at affordable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This may be our new regular spot...Huds85Dined on 2/22/2014We have dined at Vitale's a few times and I've got to say that this may be our new go-to spot for Italian. Close to home... good, consistent food... good service... reasonable prices. They do have a bar so that adds a bit of a bump if you're a big drinker, but bar prices aren't that bad so it's not an issue for this BYOB fan. The only drawback for some folks may be the neighborhood - doesn't really bother me, but I know a lot of folks are hesitant to wander into Gloucester City. If that's the case, you're missing out on a few good spots!Special Features:
- Clams Casino hits jackpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/28/2013All I can say is WOW about their clams casino. The best I have ever had anywhere! They were amazing. I also got the braciole which was out of this world. Skip the french onion soup at all costs, it was terrible. Even though the soup was bad the other two made up for it. You have to give this place a try and service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- filet tips sandwich was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/19/2013had the special filet tips sandwich for lunch and it was great. service was a little slow at times, but overall really enjoyed my time hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...dmf218Dined on 11/15/2013Our service was poor. Everyone else who came in after us was fed first and just about gone by the time we got our dinner. Food was ok, when we finally got it. A bit on the salty side. One of two desserts was the best part.
- Nice Evening...PhillyDinerVIPDined on 11/9/2013Decent meal... Decent price... they often have wine specials... but you need to ask, they don't generally offer up the wine specials. Generally have a good meal there... the service... just depends... often good, but sometimes, especially if they are busy... not great... but I can honestly say I have never had "Bad" Service there...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked / Frozen gnocchi'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2013First plate of gnocchi's came out over cooked, asked waiter for another dish, second came out frozen on the plate. Portions have decreased.
- A very nice neighborhood restaurantBF19703Dined on 3/30/2013A very nice neighborhood restaurant. Good size bar, friendly waitstaff, and just enough on-street parking. The food is the star here. Antipasto and potato leek soup were delicious and the pasta was light as a feather. Meatballs were incredibly delicate. All in all, a very good meal.Special Features:
- The food was delicious fromKaydeeDined on 2/24/2013The food was delicious from the appetizers to entree (no room for dessert).Special Features:
- went there last minute onOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012went there last minute on New Year's Eve, they squeezed us in, and the waitress was outstanding...great food!Special Features: