54 New Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitaeli.com/
- Phone: 6313851919x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Del Lima
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: 2 Private Rooms Available for up to 65 Guests, Menus specially Prepared to your Liking with Various Drink Packages
- Private Party Facilities: From deliciously inspired cuisine, to a sleek, upscale ambiance and lively bar scene, Vitae is one of Long Island’s premier restaurants. Our menu is as eclectic as it is extensive, with amazing creations, expertly prepared, beautifully presented and complemented by your choice of over 100 wines.
- Private Party Contact: Vince or John 6313851919x
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday & Saturday in our Lounge
Happy Hour Sunday thru Friday 5pm till 7pm
- Special Events: Wine Flights, Monthly Wine Dinners, Happy Hour Sunday thru Friday 5pm to 7pm.
A word from Vitae Huntington
Vitae derives from vita, the Latin word, meaning life. The vision behind Vitae is to live a full life. The elegant dining and nightlife destination is the place to go for fine food, fine wine and a refined ambience. A broad spectrum of beautifully presented food is served in dining room and bar menus. Our Wine Spectator Award Winning Wine List has more than 100 wine selections from around the world with 25 available by the glass. The richly designed and cutting-edge décor is cool and modern, warm and sensual. Service is welcoming. The vibe is alluring. At Vitae, life is good.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Vitae Huntington - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Vitae Huntington reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (45)romantic (43)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (29)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (20)hot spot (15)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was attentive, but the food was just okay. The braised chicken gnocci was good--the gnocci was light enough, but the dish was a little on the salty side. The mussels special with a creamy lobster sauce was disappointing.Special Features:
- Disappointedme631Dined on 9/24/2014It was my first time to Vitae. I was less than impressed wight he food. I had the Penne ala Vodka, because it was one of the only entrees under $30 on the menu. The ham was hard as a rock - I think it was old and overcooked. Gross. Like beef jerky texture. I was starving and it was so expensive, so I ate it all and left the ham. Pretty decor, great service but for the price, the food was not acceptable. My mom had the flat iron steak. it was much better than my choice, but still not worth the money. Certainly wasn't anything to remember. I heard they got a new chef. Hope he hadn't started yet. LOL.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Excellent meal and wine pairings. We brought a couple with us and they loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLePouletRougeDined on 9/20/2014The food was fantastic. We had a group of four and we all ordered 2 appetizers each instead of dinners. The servings were generous, and we all got to share and taste everything. If you like truffle, I highly recommend getting the truffle Mac and cheese....don't share it with anyone, it's that good.Special Features:
- Very accomodatingBananazDined on 9/19/2014I had requested a table outside, but it was very cold, so they were very accommodating in getting us a table inside. Our waiter was also very nice!Special Features:
- Overall excellentluvfoodDined on 9/19/2014The service, menu and food presentation was excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent timeNewtonDined on 9/19/2014I have been there several times. Each time a wonderful evening. The foo/service and ambiance is greatSpecial Features:
- Sunday Funday at VitaeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Went for dinner on a Sunday. The manager, John is warm and welcoming; it felt like we were walking into a friends house for dinner. We started our 3 course dinner by sharing a Caesar Salad, which was fresh. The Gnocchi appetizer was a perfect mid-course, full of taste and not overcooked! We decided to split the Cowboy Ribeye entree, best described by its succulence and mouth-watering flavor. We skipped dessert but were tempted by the homemade donuts (next time). Jason, our server, was helpful and spaced our meal out so we could fully enjoy our experience. The wine list is top rate and we had plenty of choices to pair with our food. All in all, a great late Summer night at "our friends house."Special Features:
- First TimeMariaDined on 9/10/2014My first time dining at Vitae on Wednesday 9/10. Was there with my husband and have to say we enjoyed the appetizers. We ordered the crabcake and the special app which was grilled octopus. For my entrée I ordered the crab crusted sole on the menu and my husband ordered the salmon. I definitely will be go back sometime soon. And let me not forget to state that the server we had was great. Her name is Ann. She would come to the table at the right times to check and see how was everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodrobrobDined on 9/6/2014Went to Vitae with friends. Hadn't seen them in a while so it was good to be able to sit and talk and you were able to do that there. Thought the food was very good - only 2 complaints - portions were small and it was a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteskikevVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite and it never lets you down. Service, food, ambiance all score top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tryGinaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Initially thought there was some relation between Vitae Huntington and Vitae Manhattan, but this is not the case. Vitae Huntington is a great neighborhood restaurant with options of sitting in dining area, bar (separated by sound-proof glass dividers) or outdoor dining. We went to celebrate a birthday and they printed special menus reading Happy Birthday ... The food was above-average, and tasty. The dishes weren't extra ordinary, but well executed in presentation and flavor. Definitely recommend giving a try.Special Features:
- Always satisfiedLynnDined on 8/29/2014We've returned to Vitae several times; it's one of our favorites in Huntington. This time we sat on the enclosed patio, which was much quieter and more pleasant than near the inside bar. Food was as good as always -- always interesting combinations.Special Features:
- Long Island's FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My date and I dined at Vitae on Saturday night. Our cozy booth set the tone for a delicious culinary experience. At the suggestion of our waiter, Jason, we began with the Spanish style seafood salad and grilled octopus specials which were out of this world! Our entrees, Blue Nose Fish and a 14 oz boneless NY Strip (also specials) were delightful - full of flavor, fresh, and tender. The food, coupled with outstanding service really sets Vitae above the rest! Our wine and cocktails were great compliments to our food choices, also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014Went for an early dinner and had a wonderful time. Our server, Ross, could not have been nicer or more helpful. In fact, all the staff was warm and friendly. We ordered from the prix-fixe menu and loved everything we had. The mussels were delicious and the broth was even better. The dumplings were fantastic (interesting crunch), as was the onion soup (cheesy and sweet). The hanger steak was incredibly flavorful. The apple strudel and cheese cake were both excellent. The portions were so large, we each took home as much as we ate! Even a glitch with splitting the bill couldn't damper the lovely time we had. Have to try sitting outside next time--and there will definitely be a next time!Special Features:
- Excellent as always.RayDowVIPDined on 8/8/2014Another great meal at Vitae. one of, if not the best restaurant in Huntington village. Superb service and hospitality. regularly change up the standard menu and the specials are very good too. there is music most weekend nights in the bar area. cant recommend Vitae highly enough.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Always a delightful dining experience from the moment you are greeted when walking in to the attentive service and delicious food.Special Features:
- A Favorite!JPx2Dined on 8/2/2014Vitae has become a favorite restaurant of ours, due to the atmosphere, quality of food and attention to service. We are always made to feel welcome when we arrive and made to feel our business was appreciated when we leave. If you provide advance notice of a special occasion, you just may get a personalized menu. This is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GOskikevVIPDined on 8/2/2014Just go you won't be disappointed. FOOD, SERVICE, MUSIC.......GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time was even betterLoriVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my 2nd time at Vitae and it was even better than the first. Loved the appetizer special (homemade pasta with lamb) and dumplings, Filet of sole was delicious and so was my husband's rib eye steak. The wine list (and beer list) is extensive. We enjoyed it immensely and would definitely go back. Also want to mention that the service also is top notch. The matre de walks around to make sure everything is taken care of and our waiter (Jason) was excellentSpecial Features:
- Nice Local Restaurantdeadhead1Dined on 7/25/2014Very nice and quiet restaurant with well spaced tables and great service. Wide ranging menu had lots to offer and everything we had was well prepared, tasty and cooked to order. We enjoyed the chopped salad, scallops and sole - all were excellent. Nicely done!Special Features:
- pickyeaterDined on 7/20/2014Love the Sunday night Sunset Summer offerings. Service is always spot on and the manager greets everyone with warmth.Special Features:
- OustaandingskikevVIPDined on 7/19/2014From the moment we entered we were made to feel welcome, from the manager and the hostess. Our server was also outstanding, pleasant, catering, and polite. The food: our party of four felt the food was to die for. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and i went on Saturday night, we had 730 reservations. The ambiance was good, it was great weather so we sat outside which was lovely. The service was great, our only complaint was the food was average but the prices were above average. For the price that you pay you can get better food in Huntington.Special Features:
- CommendableDeniseVDined on 7/19/2014We have dined at Vitae in the past and it was always good. Our experience this time was special and I want to thank our server, Mark and the owner for being extremely hospitable to me and my guests. They felt that something that was served was less than perfect and the staff removed it immediately from the bill, even though we did not ask for that to be done. They then went on to ask if the could accommodate us even further. I go to the restaurant for the the mussel pot with the wine broth, and the orchietta with sausage and broccoli Rabe. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding find in Huntington!Jimbob0312Dined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our dinner here. The food was outstanding! The wine and cocktail list was also great. Highly recommend for a pre-show dinner or just a romantic night out. Will Definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Good Food. Nice atmosphere Would go again especially for the Fresh Fish ChoicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlisaVIPDined on 7/11/2014When we first got there , they put us at a table in the corner by the window which felt like we were on top of the people next to us. But after a few minutes we didn't even notice because the atmosphere was great the staff was great and the food excellent . We were not rushed at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayPickyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Beautiful place, nice wine and music. Unfortunately, food was just okay.Special Features:
- Parent's Night OutHungryBellyDined on 6/28/2014Great food, presentation and service. Was there too early to check out the bar scene, but it also had a large, inviting bar to accompany this city style restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great restaurant great food great server. Band was loud but good. Would go again for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatwellinHuntingtonDined on 6/20/2014Vitae is a reliably good place to eat with attentive staff, good food, and good drink. It's always nice to eat (well) in a comfortable restaurant that does NOT rush you through a meal or post-dinner chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and great service!slg3Dined on 6/18/2014I love Vitae but this visit was especially great. It was my birthday and they treated me like a Queen. Excellent service, a lovely personalized menu waiting for me upon my arrival, and a complementary bottle of wine (because I am on their email list - I have received an email with this offer). I had a special Swordfish dish that was out of this world and a special lobster ravioli that was truly filled with chunks of delicious lobster. They do have outdoor seating, but we stayed inside because it was a hot and humid day. All in all, a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Zoe22Dined on 6/17/2014Food was delicious as always, service was great...the restaurant was very busy that night, but we were well attended to and not rushed. Highly recommend Vitae!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep returningLynnDined on 6/13/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants in Huntington. There are always interesting selections, and everything is well-prepared. This last time we were seated a little too close to the bar, which made it difficult to have a conversation with our friends.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT ALL AROUND!!Hcgolf4funVIPDined on 6/11/2014GREAT all around from food,staff, and ambiance. Found this place during LI Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Wonderful service!BigberthaDined on 6/11/2014Very attentive and pleasant service. The food was good and plentiful. Great wine list!Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014We have been to Vitae before, and it's no wonder we keep coming back. John is a warm and gracious host, greeting us as if we just got home. Our waiter, Jason, was friendly, attentive, and anticipated all of our needs. My party of 3 started with a delicious bowl of Lobster Bisque, which is top rate. The entree's rise to the occasion - the Baby Back Ribs are succulent, and the meat falls right off the bone. The swordfish special was terrific and the components were a great match. My husband enjoyed the Veal Porterhouse, cooked to a perfect medium and charred on the outside. No sauce on the side needed because it was juicy and flavorful on its own. We finished with Vitae's homemade donuts, sublime! We highly recommend this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance, Disappointing FoodLovesEatingOutVIPDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant is a fun spot. Lively bar with TV's, loud music. The restaurant portion is separated by glass partitions which thankfully deaden some of the incredibly loud music (Saturday night). They have a rather poor selections of wines by the glass which is disappointing as they are called a restaurant and "wine bar". All of the food is heavily sauced -- even the fried calamari is drenched in a thick rich sweet chili sauce. My swordfish (special) was totally dry and sitting in a heavy cream sauce loaded with chunks of potatoes and a few lobster bits. If you love heavy deep fried, creamy heavily sauced food -- this is your place! Service was terrific and we may try it again with different menu selections or ask for no sauce!Special Features:
- Always AWESOME!BirthdayDined on 6/6/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Vitae! John and his staff are great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 343 reviews are from the Vitae Huntington reviews archive.