54 New Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitaeli.com/
- Phone: (631) 385-1919
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Del Lima
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: 2 Private Rooms Available for up to 65 Guests, Menus specially Prepared to your Liking with Various Drink Packages
- Private Party Facilities: From deliciously inspired cuisine, to a sleek, upscale ambiance and lively bar scene, Vitae is one of Long Island’s premier restaurants. Our menu is as eclectic as it is extensive, with amazing creations, expertly prepared, beautifully presented and complemented by your choice of over 100 wines.
- Private Party Contact: Vince or John 6313851919x
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday & Saturday in our Lounge
Happy Hour Sunday thru Friday 5pm till 7pm
- Special Events: Wine Flights, Monthly Wine Dinners, Happy Hour Sunday thru Friday 5pm to 7pm.
A word from Vitae Huntington
Vitae derives from vita, the Latin word, meaning life. The vision behind Vitae is to live a full life. The elegant dining and nightlife destination is the place to go for fine food, fine wine and a refined ambience. A broad spectrum of beautifully presented food is served in dining room and bar menus. Our Wine Spectator Award Winning Wine List has more than 100 wine selections from around the world with 25 available by the glass. The richly designed and cutting-edge décor is cool and modern, warm and sensual. Service is welcoming. The vibe is alluring. At Vitae, life is good.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Vitae Huntington - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Vitae Huntington reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (39)romantic (34)notable wine list (34)vibrant bar scene (33)good for groups (27)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great food, but priceyLivetoeatDined on 11/22/2014Loved the appetizer special of seared Scallops with cauliflower puree & Baked Clams oreganata. Had the Filet Mignon steak with Bearnaise sauce. Steak was excellent, however the Bearnaise sauce didn't taste like typical Bearnaise. Scalloped potatoes were delicious as well! Would def come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedonNewStDined on 11/21/2014We had the worst service possible. Our waiter kept us waiting to order for well over an hour. Yes, the place was busy, but this was neglect. The food was just okay. My meal, one of 5 meals we ordered, was the swordfish and that was probably the best of the 5. No one was really excited about their food. The bread was boring too! The food was very overpriced and the noise level was ridiculous.
- Always leave happyDerwoodVIPDined on 11/14/2014Been going since inception, never disappoints. From the steadiness of the Matre D, to the quality of the food, to the attentiveness and preparedness of the wait staff, Vitae remains a class act.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!KLO1013VIPDined on 11/8/2014We came during "Long Island Restaurant Week". 2 of us chose that menu, and 2 of us picked off the regular menu. We shared the LIRW menu apps of mac & cheese (creamy and bacony!) and a crab cake. Both were great! We had the pan crisped chicken dumplings and burrata salad, we were very happy with both. For dinner we had the scallops, which were cooked just right, and the ricotta cavatelli which had the most flavorful and tender, tenderloin in it. The steak from the LIRW menu was seasoned well, and the penne ala vodka done just right! We shared some of the house made donuts, warm and delicious!! and stole a little bit of the vanilla gelato on my daughters dessert, which was so creamy and vanilly. Great, great meal!!Special Features:
- Vitae ExperiencefoodforthoughtDined on 11/7/2014Our dining experience at Vitae was, as always, outstanding. The staff is always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Chief Steve DeLima is a wizard in the kitchen, producing beautifully presented, extremely tasty food. Vitae is a true gem, a restaurant that is a sure thing for a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy~basilpeppermintDined on 11/5/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant. The staff were very welcoming, attentive. Food was delicious! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBobMDined on 11/2/2014We have been to Vitae many times and it never fails to be an excellent experienceSpecial Features:
- Eat, Drink and Be MerryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/1/2014A great Saturday night with friends began with a wine toast. This set the tone for what became a memorable and enjoyable evening. Our group shared several appetizers which included the mini pumpkin risotto cake served with Diver Scallops. The flavor of the salted milk chocolate drizzle was both delicious and creative. I recommend the steam mussel pot too - we probably went through a loaf of bread dipping into the broth! Next up were entrees. I chose the Wild Stripe Bass special that was prepared with a cauliflower puree and roasted vegetables. Bite after bite, the flavor and components were perfect! The chef and staff are on top of their game! We weren't rushed and all of our needs were met with professionalism and kindness.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/29/2014We were delighted with our meal. The food is top notch and exceeded our expectations! The drink and wine list appeared updated per season which made for some great decisions. Thank you to the staff for being so friendly and attentive! We have already made reservations for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BMFBMF1VIPDined on 10/25/2014Good enjoyable evening with friends. The food and service are consistently good. Very nice atmosphere and the live music is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't Get Any BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/24/2014Time after time Vitae is the setting for great food and service. "Weclome back," John the manager, exclaimed with a friendly smile as we entered. Our party of 6 settled in and were greeted soon after by our waiter, Jason. For starters we shared the lobster meatballs and kale salad specials. Perfect fall flavors! In addition, we added the chicken dumplings and 2 orders of butternut squash, both deserve honorable mention. My husband and I ordered the Blue Crab Crusted Sole and Duck entree special. So good! Other notable entrees included the Chicken Vitae and Baby Back Ribs. For dessert don't miss the donuts and chocolate fall down cake! The staff is attentive and knowledgeable. We keep going back because it doesn't get any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT HAPPENED!!!!Hcgolf4funVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food use to be so good. What happened???? The food was just barely okay. I have been to this place on several occasions, this last time I don't think I went into the same restaurant. I don't know what happened to it but I won't be going back there. I ordered filet mignon -med rare with garlic butter herb sauce on top. What I rec'd was medium (cut was not of best quality for that price)with no taste of the herb sauce on top. I know I could have sent it back but I was okay with the medium. But the sauce there was no garlic/herb taste to it and quality of meat wasn't prime cut for sure. I so disppointed with this place and don't plan on go back to it. It is a shame, it use to be EXCELLENT.
- Food was goodGuyfromLIDined on 10/18/2014Went here for Huntington Restaurant Week. Had been here about two years ago. Food was good but menu was standard. Might come back here next yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2014In a town full of restaurants, there are a handful that stand alone - Welcome to Vitae! This past Friday I celebrated a milestone birthday with friends and family. The staff went the extra mile to ensure a pleasant and memorable experience that started with a warm greeting and personalized menus! The chef was on top of his game, serving up creative and delicious appetizers and entrees. The Scallops, Cowboy Ribeye and Veal Porterhouse were table favorites. Thank you Vitae for making my birthday a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014This is my 5th time attending this restaurant. Each time it is consistent. The service and food is outstanding. Jason is a fantastic waiter and very personable and friendly. Each experience with the staff has been a positive one.Special Features:
- Great food and service!PlantogolfDined on 10/3/2014Our waiter Douglas was extremely attentive. He knew the food well. shared some appetizers..meatballs-you can skip..rubbery and had too much balsamic glaze..mussels-yummy, huge and delicious, couldn't give us enough bread to sop up the sauce that had bits of lobster in it..clams oreganata-they were fine but nothing different. Main courses the seasonal risotto-very very good nice change..the steak w fries- cooked to perfection and the fries has a steak flavor..pork dish- was a huge piece and he ate it all, thought it was a bit spicy at first but it settled in. split one order of ceasar salad. They raved over it. Overall it was a great experience..the food was terrific and our waiter could not have been better.Special Features:
- VitaeHotspotDined on 10/1/2014Luv this place, they can't do enough for you the food is great, the service is outstanding. Always have a great time. Great for a party of couple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was attentive, but the food was just okay. The braised chicken gnocci was good--the gnocci was light enough, but the dish was a little on the salty side. The mussels special with a creamy lobster sauce was disappointing.Special Features:
- Disappointedme631Dined on 9/24/2014It was my first time to Vitae. I was less than impressed wight he food. I had the Penne ala Vodka, because it was one of the only entrees under $30 on the menu. The ham was hard as a rock - I think it was old and overcooked. Gross. Like beef jerky texture. I was starving and it was so expensive, so I ate it all and left the ham. Pretty decor, great service but for the price, the food was not acceptable. My mom had the flat iron steak. it was much better than my choice, but still not worth the money. Certainly wasn't anything to remember. I heard they got a new chef. Hope he hadn't started yet. LOL.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Excellent meal and wine pairings. We brought a couple with us and they loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLePouletRougeDined on 9/20/2014The food was fantastic. We had a group of four and we all ordered 2 appetizers each instead of dinners. The servings were generous, and we all got to share and taste everything. If you like truffle, I highly recommend getting the truffle Mac and cheese....don't share it with anyone, it's that good.Special Features:
- Very accomodatingBananazDined on 9/19/2014I had requested a table outside, but it was very cold, so they were very accommodating in getting us a table inside. Our waiter was also very nice!Special Features:
- Overall excellentluvfoodDined on 9/19/2014The service, menu and food presentation was excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent timeNewtonDined on 9/19/2014I have been there several times. Each time a wonderful evening. The foo/service and ambiance is greatSpecial Features:
- Sunday Funday at VitaeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/14/2014Went for dinner on a Sunday. The manager, John is warm and welcoming; it felt like we were walking into a friends house for dinner. We started our 3 course dinner by sharing a Caesar Salad, which was fresh. The Gnocchi appetizer was a perfect mid-course, full of taste and not overcooked! We decided to split the Cowboy Ribeye entree, best described by its succulence and mouth-watering flavor. We skipped dessert but were tempted by the homemade donuts (next time). Jason, our server, was helpful and spaced our meal out so we could fully enjoy our experience. The wine list is top rate and we had plenty of choices to pair with our food. All in all, a great late Summer night at "our friends house."Special Features:
- First TimeMariaVIPDined on 9/10/2014My first time dining at Vitae on Wednesday 9/10. Was there with my husband and have to say we enjoyed the appetizers. We ordered the crabcake and the special app which was grilled octopus. For my entrée I ordered the crab crusted sole on the menu and my husband ordered the salmon. I definitely will be go back sometime soon. And let me not forget to state that the server we had was great. Her name is Ann. She would come to the table at the right times to check and see how was everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodrobrobDined on 9/6/2014Went to Vitae with friends. Hadn't seen them in a while so it was good to be able to sit and talk and you were able to do that there. Thought the food was very good - only 2 complaints - portions were small and it was a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteskikevVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite and it never lets you down. Service, food, ambiance all score top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tryGinaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Initially thought there was some relation between Vitae Huntington and Vitae Manhattan, but this is not the case. Vitae Huntington is a great neighborhood restaurant with options of sitting in dining area, bar (separated by sound-proof glass dividers) or outdoor dining. We went to celebrate a birthday and they printed special menus reading Happy Birthday ... The food was above-average, and tasty. The dishes weren't extra ordinary, but well executed in presentation and flavor. Definitely recommend giving a try.Special Features:
- Always satisfiedLynnDined on 8/29/2014We've returned to Vitae several times; it's one of our favorites in Huntington. This time we sat on the enclosed patio, which was much quieter and more pleasant than near the inside bar. Food was as good as always -- always interesting combinations.Special Features:
- Long Island's FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014My date and I dined at Vitae on Saturday night. Our cozy booth set the tone for a delicious culinary experience. At the suggestion of our waiter, Jason, we began with the Spanish style seafood salad and grilled octopus specials which were out of this world! Our entrees, Blue Nose Fish and a 14 oz boneless NY Strip (also specials) were delightful - full of flavor, fresh, and tender. The food, coupled with outstanding service really sets Vitae above the rest! Our wine and cocktails were great compliments to our food choices, also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014Went for an early dinner and had a wonderful time. Our server, Ross, could not have been nicer or more helpful. In fact, all the staff was warm and friendly. We ordered from the prix-fixe menu and loved everything we had. The mussels were delicious and the broth was even better. The dumplings were fantastic (interesting crunch), as was the onion soup (cheesy and sweet). The hanger steak was incredibly flavorful. The apple strudel and cheese cake were both excellent. The portions were so large, we each took home as much as we ate! Even a glitch with splitting the bill couldn't damper the lovely time we had. Have to try sitting outside next time--and there will definitely be a next time!Special Features:
- Excellent as always.RayDowVIPDined on 8/8/2014Another great meal at Vitae. one of, if not the best restaurant in Huntington village. Superb service and hospitality. regularly change up the standard menu and the specials are very good too. there is music most weekend nights in the bar area. cant recommend Vitae highly enough.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Always a delightful dining experience from the moment you are greeted when walking in to the attentive service and delicious food.Special Features:
- A Favorite!JPx2Dined on 8/2/2014Vitae has become a favorite restaurant of ours, due to the atmosphere, quality of food and attention to service. We are always made to feel welcome when we arrive and made to feel our business was appreciated when we leave. If you provide advance notice of a special occasion, you just may get a personalized menu. This is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GOskikevVIPDined on 8/2/2014Just go you won't be disappointed. FOOD, SERVICE, MUSIC.......GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time was even betterLoriVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my 2nd time at Vitae and it was even better than the first. Loved the appetizer special (homemade pasta with lamb) and dumplings, Filet of sole was delicious and so was my husband's rib eye steak. The wine list (and beer list) is extensive. We enjoyed it immensely and would definitely go back. Also want to mention that the service also is top notch. The matre de walks around to make sure everything is taken care of and our waiter (Jason) was excellentSpecial Features:
- The following 363 reviews are from the Vitae Huntington reviews archive.
- Nice Local Restaurantdeadhead1Dined on 7/25/2014Very nice and quiet restaurant with well spaced tables and great service. Wide ranging menu had lots to offer and everything we had was well prepared, tasty and cooked to order. We enjoyed the chopped salad, scallops and sole - all were excellent. Nicely done!Special Features:
- pickyeaterDined on 7/20/2014Love the Sunday night Sunset Summer offerings. Service is always spot on and the manager greets everyone with warmth.Special Features:
- OustaandingskikevVIPDined on 7/19/2014From the moment we entered we were made to feel welcome, from the manager and the hostess. Our server was also outstanding, pleasant, catering, and polite. The food: our party of four felt the food was to die for. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.