54 New Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitaeli.com/
- Phone: 6313851919x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Keith Davidson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: 2 Private Rooms Available for up to 65 Guests, Menus specially Prepared to your Liking with Various Drink Packages
- Private Party Facilities: From deliciously inspired cuisine, to a sleek, upscale ambiance and lively bar scene, Vitae is one of Long Island’s premier restaurants. Our menu is as eclectic as it is extensive, with amazing creations, expertly prepared, beautifully presented and complemented by your choice of over 100 wines.
- Private Party Contact: Vince or John 6313851919x
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday & Saturday in our Lounge
Happy Hour Tuesday thru Sunday 5pm till 7pm
- Special Events: Wine Flights, Monthly Wine Dinners, Happy Hour Tuesday thru Sunday 5pm to 7pm.
A word from Vitae Huntington
Vitae derives from vita, the Latin word, meaning life. The vision behind Vitae is to live a full life. The elegant dining and nightlife destination is the place to go for fine food, fine wine and a refined ambience. A broad spectrum of beautifully presented food is served in dining room and bar menus. Our Wine Spectator Award Winning Wine List has more than 100 wine selections from around the world with 25 available by the glass. The richly designed and cutting-edge décor is cool and modern, warm and sensual. Service is welcoming. The vibe is alluring. At Vitae, life is good.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Vitae Huntington - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Vitae Huntington reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (48)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Long Island's FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My date and I dined at Vitae on Saturday night. Our cozy booth set the tone for a delicious culinary experience. At the suggestion of our waiter, Jason, we began with the Spanish style seafood salad and grilled octopus specials which were out of this world! Our entrees, Blue Nose Fish and a 14 oz boneless NY Strip (also specials) were delightful - full of flavor, fresh, and tender. The food, coupled with outstanding service really sets Vitae above the rest! Our wine and cocktails were great compliments to our food choices, also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014Went for an early dinner and had a wonderful time. Our server, Ross, could not have been nicer or more helpful. In fact, all the staff was warm and friendly. We ordered from the prix-fixe menu and loved everything we had. The mussels were delicious and the broth was even better. The dumplings were fantastic (interesting crunch), as was the onion soup (cheesy and sweet). The hanger steak was incredibly flavorful. The apple strudel and cheese cake were both excellent. The portions were so large, we each took home as much as we ate! Even a glitch with splitting the bill couldn't damper the lovely time we had. Have to try sitting outside next time--and there will definitely be a next time!Special Features:
- Excellent as always.RayDowVIPDined on 8/8/2014Another great meal at Vitae. one of, if not the best restaurant in Huntington village. Superb service and hospitality. regularly change up the standard menu and the specials are very good too. there is music most weekend nights in the bar area. cant recommend Vitae highly enough.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Always a delightful dining experience from the moment you are greeted when walking in to the attentive service and delicious food.Special Features:
- A Favorite!JPx2Dined on 8/2/2014Vitae has become a favorite restaurant of ours, due to the atmosphere, quality of food and attention to service. We are always made to feel welcome when we arrive and made to feel our business was appreciated when we leave. If you provide advance notice of a special occasion, you just may get a personalized menu. This is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GOskikevVIPDined on 8/2/2014Just go you won't be disappointed. FOOD, SERVICE, MUSIC.......GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time was even betterLoriVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my 2nd time at Vitae and it was even better than the first. Loved the appetizer special (homemade pasta with lamb) and dumplings, Filet of sole was delicious and so was my husband's rib eye steak. The wine list (and beer list) is extensive. We enjoyed it immensely and would definitely go back. Also want to mention that the service also is top notch. The matre de walks around to make sure everything is taken care of and our waiter (Jason) was excellentSpecial Features:
- Nice Local Restaurantdeadhead1Dined on 7/25/2014Very nice and quiet restaurant with well spaced tables and great service. Wide ranging menu had lots to offer and everything we had was well prepared, tasty and cooked to order. We enjoyed the chopped salad, scallops and sole - all were excellent. Nicely done!Special Features:
- pickyeaterDined on 7/20/2014Love the Sunday night Sunset Summer offerings. Service is always spot on and the manager greets everyone with warmth.Special Features:
- OustaandingskikevVIPDined on 7/19/2014From the moment we entered we were made to feel welcome, from the manager and the hostess. Our server was also outstanding, pleasant, catering, and polite. The food: our party of four felt the food was to die for. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and i went on Saturday night, we had 730 reservations. The ambiance was good, it was great weather so we sat outside which was lovely. The service was great, our only complaint was the food was average but the prices were above average. For the price that you pay you can get better food in Huntington.Special Features:
- CommendableDeniseVDined on 7/19/2014We have dined at Vitae in the past and it was always good. Our experience this time was special and I want to thank our server, Mark and the owner for being extremely hospitable to me and my guests. They felt that something that was served was less than perfect and the staff removed it immediately from the bill, even though we did not ask for that to be done. They then went on to ask if the could accommodate us even further. I go to the restaurant for the the mussel pot with the wine broth, and the orchietta with sausage and broccoli Rabe. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding find in Huntington!Jimbob0312Dined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our dinner here. The food was outstanding! The wine and cocktail list was also great. Highly recommend for a pre-show dinner or just a romantic night out. Will Definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Good Food. Nice atmosphere Would go again especially for the Fresh Fish ChoicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlisaVIPDined on 7/11/2014When we first got there , they put us at a table in the corner by the window which felt like we were on top of the people next to us. But after a few minutes we didn't even notice because the atmosphere was great the staff was great and the food excellent . We were not rushed at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayPickyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Beautiful place, nice wine and music. Unfortunately, food was just okay.Special Features:
- Parent's Night OutHungryBellyDined on 6/28/2014Great food, presentation and service. Was there too early to check out the bar scene, but it also had a large, inviting bar to accompany this city style restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great restaurant great food great server. Band was loud but good. Would go again for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatwellinHuntingtonDined on 6/20/2014Vitae is a reliably good place to eat with attentive staff, good food, and good drink. It's always nice to eat (well) in a comfortable restaurant that does NOT rush you through a meal or post-dinner chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and great service!slg3Dined on 6/18/2014I love Vitae but this visit was especially great. It was my birthday and they treated me like a Queen. Excellent service, a lovely personalized menu waiting for me upon my arrival, and a complementary bottle of wine (because I am on their email list - I have received an email with this offer). I had a special Swordfish dish that was out of this world and a special lobster ravioli that was truly filled with chunks of delicious lobster. They do have outdoor seating, but we stayed inside because it was a hot and humid day. All in all, a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Zoe22Dined on 6/17/2014Food was delicious as always, service was great...the restaurant was very busy that night, but we were well attended to and not rushed. Highly recommend Vitae!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep returningLynnDined on 6/13/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants in Huntington. There are always interesting selections, and everything is well-prepared. This last time we were seated a little too close to the bar, which made it difficult to have a conversation with our friends.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT ALL AROUND!!Hcgolf4funVIPDined on 6/11/2014GREAT all around from food,staff, and ambiance. Found this place during LI Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Wonderful service!BigberthaDined on 6/11/2014Very attentive and pleasant service. The food was good and plentiful. Great wine list!Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014We have been to Vitae before, and it's no wonder we keep coming back. John is a warm and gracious host, greeting us as if we just got home. Our waiter, Jason, was friendly, attentive, and anticipated all of our needs. My party of 3 started with a delicious bowl of Lobster Bisque, which is top rate. The entree's rise to the occasion - the Baby Back Ribs are succulent, and the meat falls right off the bone. The swordfish special was terrific and the components were a great match. My husband enjoyed the Veal Porterhouse, cooked to a perfect medium and charred on the outside. No sauce on the side needed because it was juicy and flavorful on its own. We finished with Vitae's homemade donuts, sublime! We highly recommend this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance, Disappointing FoodLovesEatingOutVIPDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant is a fun spot. Lively bar with TV's, loud music. The restaurant portion is separated by glass partitions which thankfully deaden some of the incredibly loud music (Saturday night). They have a rather poor selections of wines by the glass which is disappointing as they are called a restaurant and "wine bar". All of the food is heavily sauced -- even the fried calamari is drenched in a thick rich sweet chili sauce. My swordfish (special) was totally dry and sitting in a heavy cream sauce loaded with chunks of potatoes and a few lobster bits. If you love heavy deep fried, creamy heavily sauced food -- this is your place! Service was terrific and we may try it again with different menu selections or ask for no sauce!Special Features:
- Always AWESOME!BirthdayDined on 6/6/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Vitae! John and his staff are great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.ShatochatoVIPDined on 5/31/2014Went to this restaurant after an art show. Food was very good. I had filet migon, our son had a pasta dish and my husband had the ribs. All was good and tasty. Pinot Grigio was excellent and the service superb!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysPeteVIPDined on 5/30/2014Vitae os a great spot with fantastic food and top notch service. The wine list is not terribly long, but it features some very nice selections without going crazy on price. I was with a group of 4 and we had 3 fanatstic appetizers to share and great entrees. The Berkshire pork chop that I had was probably the best pork chop I've had in my life.Special Features:
- threeDined on 5/30/2014nice spot to hang with friends and enjoy some music, but difficult to talk and have conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favLIFOODIEDined on 5/23/2014This has become one of my favorite LI spots for great food and service. Everything is yummy. The bread, the olive oil provided for dipping, the drinks, the apps, ecspecially the salads, entrees and dessert, no matter what you chose from their wonderful menu you will not be disappointed. The servers are professional, attentive and funny and the host/manager will make you feel special and welcomed. Can you tell I like this place? A gem! Enjoy!Special Features:
- The Whole PackageZephyrDined on 5/16/2014Food was fantastic - best duck I've ever had. Waiter was friendly and very good. While there was live music (also great), the bar area is separated from the dining area by glass, and the entire dining area is covered in sound treatments, so it's pretty quiet where you're eating, but you can head to the bar for the music. All around a great dining experience. There are places that look nice but everything else is a disappointment. Vitae, however, is the whole package.Special Features:
- AMAZINGRedhead13Dined on 5/13/2014The food was amazing and it was very promt! The host knew our names just after we told him them and our server was excellent! I couldn't have asked for a better place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, big portionsJNeumanDined on 5/11/2014We've eaten here twice and have had a wonderful meal both times. Service is excellent. You are greeted warmly by the owner and the wait staff is great. Food is delicious and intersting. The Thai calamari is fantastic.Special Features:
- A mustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Great food, great atmosphere and service. From appetizers through dessert Vitae is first class!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealHuntingtonianDined on 5/4/2014My wife and son took me out for my birthday on a Sunday evening. This was my second visit to Vitae. The waitress was attentive and friendly. Another wait staff server was asked if the bread could be warmed, and he took care of it. The flounder and scallop dishes we ordered were excellent, as well as the bountiful naan and dumpling appetizers. The fried calamari appetizer had great flavor, but was chewy, and our waitress was apologetic and asked if I wanted another appetizer. The maitre d' also inquired. The cocktail and wines were great, as well as the dessert of flourless chocolate cake and apple strudel. I understand that this was an off night of calamari, and it did not detract from the overall meal experience. I will be back.Special Features:
- What a great find!Hcgolf4funVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had dinner here during Restaurant Week and we have to say it was one of the best pick. The food is absolutely delicious. The wait staff was very attentive. We highly recommend this place. We are definitely going back there regardless of Restaurant Week. MAKE SURE YOU make reservation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/2/2014It was restaurant week so the place was packed and the table we were given proved to be a problem as the waiter couldn't get to other tables without my husband having to keep getting up. They immediately saw the problem and moved us. Great menu choices. Hubby had the mussels and I had the chicken dumplings - both delicious and our entree portions were quite large - we couldn't finish the steak or the chicken Vitae - great service, nice sized portions, and reasonably priced - couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Huntington!SisiVIPDined on 5/1/2014Very good and creative food. Big big portions - consider sharing.Special Features:
- More then I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014I made a reservation for my boyfriends birthday. We are both chefs and picky as ever, viate was more then I could have ever expected. The food and service were outstanding. The restaurant was a bit small and it was during restaurant week so a little loud but I think normaly it would be just fine. The chicken dumplings are amazing especially the quinoa salad under it. The lamb lollipops were also amazing and the little corn salad served with it was so fresh. As a side defiantly get the scalloped potatoes. Jason was our waiter and he was fantastic. I would defiantly go back and so would by boyfriend and he pickier then me. Great find!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 330 reviews are from the Vitae Huntington reviews archive.