2472 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 2F5Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.centro.ca/
- Phone: 4164832211
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Symon Abad
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With full catering and four private state-of-the-art AV-outfitted private dining rooms, featuring flat screen high definition televisions and Bang & Olufsen surround systems. Our rooms can accommodate up to 66 people, and impress your friends and colleagues beyond their expectations. We hope to ensure that your time with us, whether for business or pleasure, is thoroughly enjoyed.
To Reserve one these rooms, please contact restaurant directly.
- Private Party Facilities: Centro Restaurant has 4 private spaces, outfitted with state of the art Audio/Visual equipement.
Our private rooms can accommodate as few as 10 to as many as 150.
- Entertainment: Nightly Live Entertainment in our Lounge, Thrusday, Friday and Saturday, from 7:30 pm to 11:30 pm
- Cross Street: Eglinton Avenue
- Public Transit: Located 4 1/2 blocks north of the Eglinton Stop on the Yonge subway Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Centro Restaurant and Lounge is located at 2472 Yonge Street, three and a half blocks north of Yonge and Eglinton on the west side between Roselawn Ave. and Castlefield Ave.
We offer valet parking for $12.00 per vehicle located at the main entrance. Additional parking may be found on both Castlefield and Roselawn Avenues'
A word from Vita Sociale
Preserving dining at it’s best, while offering new dining experiences, the new Vita Sociale maintains impeccable five-star service, (ask about the wine lockers), while offering a liberating New American menu. A relaxed dining experience is what Vita Sociale strives for, providing the option of ordering a la carte, or from 1 of 2 set menus, while offering the earth tones of luxurious, classic, full-comfort upholstery in our unpretentious environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vita Sociale reviews from OpenTable diners
- Give your review a title (optional)FrugieDined on 3/2/2013A bad venue to celebrate a milestone birthday. We were a party of 5 - there would appear to be but 3 tables that set 5. We had the worse of the three by the front door and in front of the private room. There was a cold draft which they tried to deal with by moving our table closer to the door to the private room and placing a 3ft high table covered with table clothes beside us. Not attractive and did not reduce the draft. We then had the foot traffic of the private room to contend with as well. The server tried and was pleasant but the service and food fell short. The Mains took too long. Osso Bocco was dry, the palenta was omitted. The baked pasta was served far to hot. Dessert was uneventful. Not worth the money.
- Out like a lambworldwideeaterVIPDined on 3/1/2013Leaving us on a down beat. Shame, now we won't miss it.
- We went for the Living SocialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013We went for the Living Social $150 wine pairing event. 7 courses each paired with a 1 oz. wine. Courses are: 2 raspberry point oysters, grilled calamari stuffed with sausage, Mozzarella cheese with nuts, beef rib with ravioli, Arctic Char, pork belly and dessert assortment. Quality of food was just OK with huge portions of Arctic char (two 3" x 3") and pork belly (8 oz??) which were mostly unfinished or doggy bagged. Quality of wines were poor especially the Bourgogne with the pork belly, despite of their notable wine list. The pour were also frugal, most were short of 1 oz. with except of the cheap Prosecco at the beginning. For $150, they can do a more delicate menu and offer better wines. The chef didn't show up to greet as advertisSpecial Features:
- Service was cool (aloof, aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Service was cool (aloof, a bit arrogant). My husband enjoyed his dinner (steak). The arctic char plate I had was overcooked and very bland. Very dissappointing for a special valentine's dinner.Special Features:
- We made a reservation andOysterGirlVIPDined on 2/14/2013We made a reservation and had to wait. The hostess was downright rude (instead of apologetic as would be expected.) While we were waiting downstairs for drinks, the bartender forgot our order and when we finally did get a table it was right behind the hostess booth. Granted, it was Valentine's day but still. Centro has been around the block long enough to know people eat longer on Valentine's. The food tasted very good but the wrong main was delivered to me. Given the time it took to arrive, I ate it anyway and it was delicious - but not what I ordered.
- Dependable good foos and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We went on Valentine's Days when service and quality can be off. Everything was terrific. Another note here is a general recommendation to get an early reservation on Valentine's Days before the waiters and kitchen get really busy. We had oysters (as always), salad, osso bucco and a small steak. Everything was perfect. And they have some great selections of wine by the glass.Special Features:
- I must say that Centro isAsianFoodieDined on 2/11/2013I must say that Centro is one of those great special dinner places. Wonderful service -- incredibly attentive and so forth. It's not a cheap place though, and you pay a pretty penny for this incredible experience. The main entree of arctic char, could have been seared a little more carefully. Slightly less cooked, and more seared on the skin would have perfected it better. It's those little things that are important for an exquisite meal, and would have made it just that much better. However, loved the ambiance, and loved how well timed the meal was, to serve things hot, allow conversation, and to not feel rushed.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2013Really great experience, would definitely go again!Special Features:
- From the service to the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2013From the service to the food, they were all excellent. Our waiter accidentally spilled the red wine on the table, within a minute, the manager came apologize and offered to open another bottle of wine. We said it was not necessary and he immediately offer us free coffee. The manner and attention to detail is rare to see.Special Features:
- Winterlicious RipoffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013Went for Winterlicious dinner. You could blink and miss the beet salad app, the 2.5 oz piece of main course short rib. My wife's main of Gamberoni consisted of one shrimp. One. That was her main. I realize that $45 fixed price limited the offering and I have heard of nouvelle cuisine, but Centro should be ashamed for offering such small portions. Either participate in Winterlicious and give patrons a fair shake, or do the right thing and pull out from Winterlicious and Summerlicious.Special Features:
- I came here for Winterlicious.missteeDined on 2/2/2013I came here for Winterlicious. The food portions were much smaller (half to a third) compared to when I came here during the regular times. The service was not that great. When my guest asked to keep the butter for the bread on the table, the waiter gave her a bad look. He could have had the decency to just let her have the butter. Especially for a restaurant of this class, I expect them to treat the customers with decency. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in this experience in general.
- The food was very good. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2013The food was very good. Great flovour and combinations. Portions could be a little larger however.Special Features:
- Meh...Food was good, service was?tomolokDined on 1/31/2013Went for licious, food was pretty good, short rib was a little tough, could've used another 30 mins in the oven, scallop starter had a fried oyster on top with a small spoon of caviar, caviar was added to the hot oyster or it sat under the heat lamp making the eggs wrinkled and dry. Service needs some fine tuning. Our server who will remain nameless got my wine order wrong, he also took my order first, served my food first, and offered me pepper first, my date (a female) should always be given service first. Also my main course wasn't done yet, my utensils were at 90 degree angles to each other, the universal sign for "I'm not done" and the bidder just came to clear my plate without asking, I had to quickly make him drop my plate, awful.Special Features:
- The Server was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013The Server was very good. However, the greeting was unsatisfactory, wait time was long even though there were few empty tables. Since I had made reservation, I would expect a table to be ready by that time. Definitely needs improvement in shortening customers' wait time.
- The dessert was disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2013Met a friend here for Winterlicious 2013. The decor at this restaurant is very nice. It's modern, warm, and upscale. If you wanted to get dressed up and come here, you could. But that's not a requirement. It would be a nice place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. The food was good but not the best we've ever had. I'm not sure I would pay full price but would return if they were having another special. However, the dessert was for sure a let down. We tried the poaced pear and the carmelized banana. Neither had much flavor. They need a new pastry chef.Special Features:
- Server was rude and spokeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2013Server was rude and spoke in a demeaning manner. Food was delicious. Small portions. Expensive. Nice atmosphere. Service was just bad and did not make the dinner as enjoyable as it could have been.Special Features:
- Great fine dining experiencefongatronDined on 1/27/2013Loved our dinner here, our dishes definitely reflected a fine dining experience. My only disappointment was that the portions were a bit on the small side, but perhaps that was because we were trying the Winterlicious menu.Special Features:
- I came here for WinterliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013I came here for Winterlicious and have not tried this restaurant on a regular night (which I have been told by my friend who has come here a few times that food is really good). Food was really really small - there was no way even two girls can get full off the menu. The service was extraordinary since my friend always goes to the same waiter whenever she comes here. I would return for the service but not for winterlicious.
- This was a disappointing andmooberDined on 1/25/2013This was a disappointing and pretentious Winterlicious dining experience:(. The entrees were very small, our server was unhelpful with any questions about the selections and seemed annoyed that we wanted to order from the winterlicious menu, and the desserts on the wintelicious menu were undesireable. I think that Centro misses the point about what the premise of Winterlicious is. I'd much rather pay full price and enjoy one of the other many fine dining restaurants that our city has to offer.
- The food was fabulous butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013The food was fabulous but the service was very slow. Best service was from a young bus boy.Special Features:
- Great Evening-Pity about the steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2013The appetizers - Tomato Bisque and Crispy Shrimp with aioli were great. The Steak was dissapointing - fatty and grizzly but the lobster was superb and the Sea Bass, a melt in the mouth buttery dish to die for. The creme brulle with berries as the finale was divine! Service was par excellence and the Maitre d' was very apologetic about the Steaks - in fact he took them off the bill and offered a delicious pasta bolognese instead. Excellent. Popular with the coporate crowd and a sprinkling of special occassion celebrants. A supper club atmosphere and hushed conversations. Had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, andAlanCVIPDined on 1/14/2013The food was excellent, and the service attentive. My date and I were able to have a conversation without being constantly interupted. The experience was just right.Special Features:
- The food was completely subElenaVIPDined on 12/31/2012The food was completely sub par and in fact my partner and I feel we wasted a lot of money on a meal that was beyond disappointing. Hard burrata, rare steak when preceded medium and awful dessert. And at 450.00 for the meal we literally feel cheated out of our money. Not only will we never rerun but we shall advise anyone going there that it would be a great mistake.Special Features:
- Service was efficient . WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Service was efficient . Waiter anticipated needs. Food was unexceptional.
- We were pleased to find thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012We were pleased to find that Centro does live up to its reputation in Toronto fine dining.Special Features:
- Disappointing. I was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2012Disappointing. I was expecting much better food. It was acceptable but certainly not memorable. My wife ordered Grouper and I ordered Artic Char. The presentation was basic and the taste was average. I have had much better meals for much less money.Special Features:
- It's Not All About LooksNephronTorontoVIPDined on 11/24/2012Going to Centro is like that date with someone who is beautiful, but, as you get to know them, realize that they know it to and consequently display nothing but Attitude. The blush comes off the rose, and you conclude that good looks are just not enough to sustain a relationship. The room at Centro has been renovated and is just breathtaking. I wish the same could be said about the food and the service. We sat, menus in hand, for 15 minutes. Eventually I flagged down someone and asked for someone, anyone, to attend to us. A server came over and apologized, and said our real waiter was caught up with a "high maintenance" table. When he did eventually appear, no apology or explanation appeared to be necessary. Like I said, Attitude.
- Centro - unappealing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012The food at Centro was good. However, the waiter was rude and pretentious and I will not be recommending Centro to anyone. I don’t believe we are Centro’s regular clientele (we are not Upper Class and do not drive Porsches), but as a young woman who works in the area, I expect service to be kind/polite/helpful. My companion asked for a dessert menu and was told ‘well first we clean the table and then we automatically bring you a dessert menu’. A simple ‘yes sir’ would have been more appropriate. When I ordered the charcuterie board as main (with an appetizer and a glass of wine), he said ‘if that is what you would like’ as if I was ordering something I shouldn’t be ordering.Thankfully there are many restaurants who appreciate my business.
- Service?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/19/2012The service is shockingly poor! We had to get up from the table to ask for assistance etc. Wines on the list were either not available or they only had one bottle! We were entertains friends and were a group of six. We will not return which is a shame as the chef did a great job
- Food was bland/flavourless.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Food was bland/flavourless. Service is not up to par with other fine dining restaurants. Wouldn't waste the money on Centros again.Special Features:
- Becoming passeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012Reasonably good quality food at uncompetitive prices.Special Features:
- We got off on a poor start.GigipadoDined on 11/1/2012We got off on a poor start. We were seated at a very nice table and settled in. Maitre d' came rushing over and said we absolutely could not sit there. He had promised it to someone. Well there was no one else in the restaurant so we were a bit miffed to say the least. Got settled at another table. Our waiter was good. Food was ok lobster was good Arctic char was so so Not well presented. Waiter told us we were entitled to dessert and coffee. But we were not as we had a deal find. Not groupon Dessert was good though. Restaurant is quite expensive. Even with a deal find certificate I would not say that it was a bargain. I would not rush back here again.
- Very wonderful eveningMarvickDined on 10/31/2012For appetizer, I had Beef Carpaccio that was very well done both in presentation and taste. My significant other had the Red & Green Romaine Salad, even though she is a great fan with cheese but find the chef had the right amount of cheese and the white anchovies blended in well very well. For our main, I had the Rack of lamb that is done to perfection and well seasoned. My significant other had the Butter Poached Lobster that was not only tasty and the lobster perfectly cooked with a bed of mushrooms. The only let down is the dessert, we ordered the Hazelnut Napoleon that we found was only average, the one surprising part is the pear gelee garnish that tasted very good. Our waitress was polite and attentive. The transition betweenSpecial Features:
- The watier wasn't very pleasantHinbyeVIPDined on 10/31/2012The watier wasn't very pleasant and I wonder if it was because we are using a coupon. When I ordered for a cup of coffee, I have to wait for 15 mins and then I have to remind him again for it. I didn't feel comfortable dining there!Special Features:
- Excellent meal and serviceTravellerDined on 10/30/2012Excellent meal and service we will go again . We had a groupin but it made no difference. Often we have found the groupon does not make for either good food selection or service.Special Features:
- Centro is without a doubtTOFoodieVIPDined on 10/30/2012Centro is without a doubt one of the finest restaurants in Toronto.Special Features:
- Everything very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2012Everything very good, service was excellent. The area we sat in the tables were a little too crowded. Had to move whole table and chairs behind us to get out. The cost check girl forgot to give me my hat. She had goone off to look after something else. I was left blocking the door way with people arriving. Had to wait until she came back. We did enjoy our visit.Special Features:
- The price was too high forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2012The price was too high for the quality of food and the service was very slow.Special Features:
- Although the restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/29/2012Although the restaurant is beautiful and service is good, the food is not up to par for a restaurant of this magnitude.Special Features:
- We had to wait over 20 minutesBest2dineDined on 10/27/2012We had to wait over 20 minutes for our dinner plates to be cleared from our table. Turns out our waiter left abruptly without telling us. The manager apologized and sent us each a glass of wine. Food and ambiance was excellent and we look forward to returning.Special Features: