2472 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 2H5Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vitasociale.ca/
- Phone: 4164832211x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Symon Abad
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vita Sociale
VITA SOCIALE is a fun and approachable neighbourhood restaurant. We are open for lunch and dinner, 7 days/week!Continued
Our recipe for success includes great servers, good people and an incredibly talented culinary team.
Our recipe for success includes great servers, good people and an incredibly talented culinary team.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Vita Sociale - Best Restaurants in Yonge and Eglinton ›
Vita Sociale reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (15)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Still a great spotHGR70Dined on 9/4/2014We dined there last year and were impressed. This year we came back on our annual Summer trip to Toronto and are glad we went back. Service and atmosphere aw even better and the menu was superb. Will return again before we return home to Australia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday night spot12cSpiderVIPDined on 8/29/2014As always, our experience at VS was wonderful. The staff are friendly and attentive while the food is always wonderful. Great dinner - thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A PLEASURE TO DINE HERE!HowardDined on 8/18/2014Our group of 8 had a fine business luncheon here. Our table was close to the big open windows, and it felt as if we were dining al fresco. Jeremy, the "front of the house" and knowledgeable sommelier took care of the wine service impeccably. The resto's menu comprises inventive spins on traditional Italian themes, foods: beautifully presented and servings: generous. My lunch comprised buffalo mozzarella with heirloom tomatoes, then pasta with Italian sausage (all delicious), followed by the veal entrée, thick slices, divine in both texture and taste! Service was attentive, glasses filled promptly, and plates cleared in a relaxed, yet timely, manner. All desserts that came to our table received accolades. Our luncheon was a huge success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for leisurely lunchTOFoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Met a friend for a leisurely lunch. Was great. No rushing, decent service, amazing food. We hung out all afternoon. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go back to eatwinedine788Dined on 8/2/2014Atmosphere and service was excellent. Food was terrible. Would not return to eat. Maybe just for drinks.Special Features:
- DisappointedItalo1985Dined on 8/1/2014This is our second time at Vita Sociale. Friday night and place was dead. No ambience. Service was average and the all male service team looked bored. Food was average and over priced $14 for a salad that was terrible. Main course was a pasta dish that was overlooked and piping hot that almost got burned. Much better choices in the area. Same last time. That's two x's in my books. We will not return again.Special Features:
- Great for friends and familyHueyDined on 7/24/2014This a great place for a casual get together with friends and family over an awesome pizza or great bowl of pasta. It is always on our " go to" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- torontiffVIPDined on 7/17/2014Veal striploin special was terrific-- Looking forward to menu change scheduled for Fall. If you want to be able to hear your table conversation, ask for table closer to the open French doors.Special Features:
- ModerateLuvfoodDined on 7/12/2014Nothing to get excited about. Quality of food was avg as was service
- Not What It Used To BeGiGiDined on 7/11/2014Food lacked flavour and presentation appeal. Service was mixed; Slow in the kitchen even when place 1/4 full. Took 45 minutes to get a board of salmi and toasts were like rocks. Even the wine menu is screwed up - the page of half bottles... were not halves. Go Figure. Only the young hostess was excellent, on top of things all the way but after that it was all downhill.Special Features:
- Best Lunch in Midtown TorontoHowardDined on 7/2/2014From the moment that we arrived for lunch, I knew that everything would be perfect. The staff is very friendly and attentive throughout, and the seating is very comfortable. The menu is filled with many of the usual Italian delicacies, most of them have been "modernized" so as to introduce up-to-date variations on a theme. The wine list was filled with affordable and interesting selections. Our group ordered a lot of different items, and the presentation of each item was beautiful. Pasta perfectly cooked, fresh salads, and both the veal and chicken entrees were delicious, so too, the lightly fried calamari, yummy! The desserts are fantastic as well. In sum, it doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:
- mediocreknuckledusterDined on 6/14/2014Was recommended by a friend. Maybe it was an off night for the chef, but the food quality was just mediocre. Roasted beet salad tasted like canned beets, NOT roasted. All grilled veggies were overdone to the point of taste-unrecognizability (a word??) Mussels were tiny, not plump. Pretty much every dish came out disappointing. Not at all worthy of the fine-dining prices, and we are more than willing to pay top dollar for deliciousness!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Staff not trained. Food was as if someone prepared in a hurry and poor presentation. Sauce on pasta was lifeless. Furniture looks tired. Certainly not what Franco had before.
- Menu Inconsistencies!torontiffVIPDined on 6/11/2014Yikes, the pork BBQ ribs were NOT up to the standard of the rest of the menu. The only UNtasty thing I've ever had at your restaurant! Would delete. Dry and vinegary. The bufala mozarella salad was outstanding, however.
- Surprisingly disappointedyoungladyDined on 6/10/2014This was my third time dining here and the first time that I have been truly disappointed in the experience. There were 5 of us in the group and we all commented how unfortunate it ended up. We had a 7:30pm reservation on a Tuesday and asked to be seated near the front patio, but were told the tables were all reserved. So, we were seated at perhaps the furthest possible table. Service was awful. SO terribly slow and the waiter could not answer any questions about the food or make suggestions. Ultimately, the food was very good (we all had different dishes, all of which were tasty). We had to keep asking for more water/drinks rather than being offered. Lights were too bright and the place was empty (even though most tables said reserved).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the sandwichesEvM2304VIPDined on 6/9/2014Have been to Vita a few times for lunch and dinner and always enjoyed it. This time for lunch however they changed the menu and no longer offer the great sandwiches they used to have. Instead just pizza and big pasta's, small salads, expensive. Weird.... Also, the place was empty, not a good sign.
- Food was disappointingLoveGoodFoodDined on 6/6/2014Overall service was good and our appetizers (salads) were good but the mains and desserts were terrible. Generally low quality Italian food reminded me of an Olive Garden type quality. We will NOT go back and have since spoken to others who have had the same experience. Disappointing as it is a good location but they really need to work on quality.
- foodieDined on 6/5/2014Excellent service and food! Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisedtorontiffVIPDined on 5/29/2014This was my first time disappointed at Vita Sociale. Our server seemed too overwhelmed by the lunch crowd. My dining partner's second course came out 30 minutes after our primi. NOT good for working people having a lunch break together.
- Skip this overrated Yonge-Eg casualGourmetChaplainDined on 5/24/2014Joanne Kates was wrong. The food here is below mediocre (tough veal, undercooked pasta). Save yourself the $200 and eat elsewhere. Our Italian lady server was good but other servers kept (3 times!) dropping and breaking plates and glassware around us.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Vita Sociale reviews archive.
- Great Room!AppalledDined on 5/17/2014The food at Vita Sociale is good - a bit spicy at times, but what really makes this place stand out is the room. Large space, but not noisy, with a tall ceiling. It turns a nice dinner into a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything Right but the FoodbbdelbDined on 5/8/2014Great venue, great location. Attentive, friendly service. But the menu is one of the most limited I have encountered. Very little choice and all very basic. We will likely return because it is walking distance and has a fun atmosphere and the food is fine for what it is but it could be SO much better. We were there on a Wednesday night - not sure if there is more choice on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJacksonDined on 4/19/2014We tried Vita Social after hearing such great things. First off, the ceilings are high so the noise level was very loud. They charge $16 for a martini that filled half the martini glass. Server said their pour is 2 1/2 ounces...change the size of the glass or pour more. The server did come and replenish the glass at no charge as he seemed embarrass by the pour. We were sitting at the table for at least 15 minutes before anyone came over. Ordered drinks and that took another 15 minutes. The food was very good but we were so put off by the service. I would not go back for dinner. Probably a better place to try for lunch....Special Features:
- At the barBeatsDined on 4/12/2014Saturday night, sat at the bar with my wife, the place was very busy. Service was very good. Our waiter/bartender was very attentive. One downfall for me was the pizza I ordered,was not to my liking. It almost had the taste of a frozen pizza and did seem It had been cooked in a wood burning oven as I was told. Other than that the restaurant was good. I wouldn't Recommend the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very slow serviceUptownDinerDined on 4/12/2014Have been to LaVita on a number of occasions and the service has been fine; unfortunately, we found a waiter who was extremely inattentive and very slow to take or place our orders. We sat for 10 minutes before being visited by anyone, and then went through two bottles of wine before our main course was served. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Not for us thanksCharlesDined on 4/4/2014Service while attentive, somewhat brusque. Clearing table before the last bite.. Loud music, not at all our scene.
- Two times a charmStephenDined on 4/1/2014My first visit to Vita Sociale was with a group of 10 people. The staff was great and recommended a sampling of their most popular dishes. Especially notable were the Tosacana pasta and the pizzas. My second visit was more intimate. Again, the staff was terrific and provided just the right balance of attention without being intrusive. I was recommended a very memorable bottle from the impressive wine list and for dinner we chose the specials. Everything was delicious and the grilled and then baked Sea Bass was particularly good. I would recommend this spot for both big friendly get-togethers and fun romantic nights out. The ambiance and service very much enhance the culinary experience, which is expertly delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really fineTurnerDined on 3/29/2014Rather than blather on just go there and experience for yourself a really fine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu. Just as good.BryanGregoryDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I went with another couple on Friday night and had a great time. The place was buzzing (if not, a little too loud -- lots of hard surfaces, nothing to absorb the sound) but the service was attentive and the food was great all around. It had been a while since we'd been and were pleasantly surprised to see a refined menu. Lots to choose from. My wife had a gluten free pizza, I had the duck confit special. One friend had the gnocchi and her husband had the short rib. All happily devoured and everyone sated. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- If your looking for a casualGGlove2dineDined on 3/1/2014If your looking for a casual dinner spot with good food, you have to try Vita Sociale! Food was fantastic but since the restaurant was very busy the service was a bit slow. On another note, the staff was aware of the tardiness of our food and the owner offered us a drink on the house which I thought was very nice! We will definitely be back! For anyone with or without a sweet tooth, you MUST try their "beaver tail" type dessert with Nutella and Banana's its AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go againOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/18/2014Food and service was executed well. Portions where on the large size. The ambiance is very relaxing and all the staff was very attentive. We had a few challenging people at our table and substitutions were made without a problem. All in all I will be back!
- The molten chocolate cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The molten chocolate cake is to die for. I'm going to go back just for that. But all the food was amazing. The only weird thing was the music - it didn't seem to fit the restaurant, and I went with my bf for Valentine's day, and we were seated in a couples section - so the music seemed particularly odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinneriwishDined on 2/7/2014Really enjoyed the food though it's a bit pricey. Waitress was awesome. Liked that we were able to eat without feeling like we were crammed in like sardines as is the case in some restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vita Sociale was closedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Unfortunately I can't tell you how Vita Sociale would have been. We arrived at the restaurant to find it dark. There was a sign on the door saying that the pipes had burst. I would really have appreciated a phone call to let us know before driving to the restaurant.
- Great Menu and FoodRomanDined on 1/11/2014We had high expectations for this restaurant; The quality and presentation of the food met those expectations but it took a long time bewteen ordering and receiving the food (1 hour), which dampened our overall experience. Would still recommend as a very nice restaurant.Special Features:
- Pasta was great hard the carbonara,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2014Pasta was great hard the carbonara, past I've found in the city so far, our serving was amazing, he did take away my wine glass before I finished it without asking, assistant server kept coming up to our table to see if there was anything to take away, could of easily seen from farther back. Will revisit again to try the gnocchi.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceJP17Dined on 1/7/2014Took a group of relatives for dinner, 7 in all. A relaxed meal with exceptional service. This is my third time at Vita Sociale and each time the food was well prepared. There is something on the menu for every taste.Special Features:
- I very much enjoyed my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014I very much enjoyed my experience at Vita Sociale! Great food, location and atmosphere. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience, Good LocationLesannDined on 1/4/2014We have been to Vita Sociale several times with various results. The ambience is great. I love the look and location of the place, and the seating is very comfortable, perhaps encouraging patrons to linger a bit too long over dinner. However, the service has been up and down. Last weekend, we were seated on time and had no problem except our waitress whisked my salad away when I was not quite finished. I ordered the salad and pizza and enjoyed both. My husband ordered the mussels and the tagliatelle and wasnt so impressed. They were good just not good enough to justify the price. Overall, this new restaurant scores high on the look and location, but needs to work on providing consistently great meals and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, horrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2014All of the food that we ordered was very yummy. However, our service was horrible. We felt that because we did not order wine our table didn't matter. Furthermore, we had about 6 different people serving us, which caused mistakes on the bill. Also, the service was extremely slow even though the restaurant was pretty much empty. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone due to the lack of good quality service. I felt rejected at the end of the night and could not get out of the restaurant fast enough.