1575 Boulder Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitadenver.com/
- Phone: 3034774600x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch (Saturday and Sunday) 10am-3pm
Lunch: 11am-3pm Daily
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hours: 3:00 - 6:30pm. Please note that Vita does not take reservations on outdoor/patio seating or reservations for bar seating. We will, however, make every effort to accommodate outdoor/patio requests.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Damon McCoy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Vita features impromptu performances from some of Denver's best bands! Like us on Facebook to be the first to know about newly announced shows!
A word from Vita
Vita's stylish yet unpretentious atmosphere, Modern American menu of small plates and entrees, and versatile wine and cocktail offerings combine with moderate prices to present the ultimate dining experience. Situated in the Lower Highlands neighborhood, Vita features Modern American fare created by Executive Chef Damon McCoy. His cuisine features an eclectic blend of dishes with an emphasis on using only the freshest ingredients possible. Vita also offers a fine selection of Domestic and Imported wines and offers an extensive by the glass collection. Come and enjoy our Rooftop Terrace under the stars during warmer months or dine inside and enjoy a relaxing evening in LOHI! We offer complimentary valet parking 7 nights a week so parking is easy! Vita now also offers small plate versions of our Dinner Entrees for guests interested in trying multiple items on our menu or for a shared small plate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vita reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (8)scenic view (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- PatheticJantquiVIPDined on 8/8/2014I'm not sure they knew we were there. Service was slow, we had to ask for menus (even after the waiter came to the table), and multiple times we had to track someone down to order entrees, to order wine, to get the check. Food was mediocre at best. It was a Friday night and the place was dead. That should have clued us in, but we stayed anyway. When we left, we noticed Lola's next door was packed. Wish we would have went there instead! I wasted a $50 Open Table Dining check on this place!
- PeteVIPDined on 8/5/2014had the calamari for appetizer. It was delicious. Dinner entrée suggestion from server was the pork chop and it was amazing. Very juicy and cooked perfectly. Nice friendly staff. Dined on roof top. Very niceSpecial Features:
- Past its primeNickDined on 8/1/2014Apathetic servers. Good cocktail menu, but the bartender had no ability to translate the concepts into palatable drinks. Time to gut this place and start over.Special Features:
- bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014It was a bad experience the waiter was slow, we went to celebrate a birthday and did not enjoy it. Another waitress was rude as I asked for a dessert to surprise my husband. Friends from out if state were not impressed. Will not be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/16/2014Food was sub-par, but arrived quickly. Noise level was condusive to a party, but not the best choice for a double date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchShelbyDined on 7/15/2014Misters on the wonderful rooftop patio made the warm day very enjoyable! Lunch was delicious and our server was very friendly and gave great recommendations! Lunch options are somewhat limited with restaurants in the Highlands, so Vita is a nice choice!Special Features:
- ExcellentsjalexDined on 7/12/2014Excellent restaurant with a fantastic happy hour(2 for 1 apps and drinks) that extends until 6:30pm. Unfortunately we couldn't enjoy the great patio because of a wedding reception, but the food and service was excellent. Worth visiting again during happy hour!Special Features:
- Good service, average food.CarolinaFamilyDined on 6/28/2014Contrary to many reviews on other sites, we found the service to be very good at Vita. The food was OK but nothing special. We shared an order of calamari which was spicy and crispy but lacked taste. I tried the 6 oz filet served on grits with asparagus and fried portabella mushrooms - all was pretty good except the filet was a bit overcooked and rather thin and flavorless for a filet. My companions tried the mussels which were uber spicy in a curry sauce and the hanger steak which seemed pretty good. Very nice that salads are available in half servings as a side salad. I'd try it again in a pinch.Special Features:
- Disappointed by the servicediner6302014Dined on 6/28/2014I had been to Vita for a brunch and loved it. But when I returned for a friends birthday on Sat the space and food were great for our group but the service was terrible. The restaurant was empty but the waiter was completely inattentive and borderline rude. We asked for water and were told its "a work in progress". He wore sunglasses and when we ordered he stopped a girl mid sentence and said he "couldn't remember all of this so he will be right back''. We were never told the specials until we repeatedly asked and most of the responses he gave were 1 worded or shrugs. We had a great time but weary to book for an event again.Special Features:
- Beautiful patio; terrible serviceServiceSensitiveDined on 6/25/2014We were so excited to get a great spot on the patio for a friend's birthday but unfortunately the service was embarrassingly absent. We had to ask for water for the table 6 times before getting it, asked how much to the soup was and got an 'uhh I don't know!' and then quoted the wrong price as a response, had to ask 3 servers if we could order food before getting service and then 2 of the entrees were missing items or were totally incorrect. Sad because the place is so cute and in a great location for all of our fiends!Special Features:
- Last dinner in Denver was great.StephenKyle72Dined on 6/17/2014Great food and drinks, service was a little slower than expected but I will go back.Special Features:
- Poor Patio ServiceGrantTanabeDined on 6/13/2014Arrived early at 5:30 on a Friday. Got a table on the patio. The patio is nice and comfy. Had a few drinks and ordered a few appetizers. Ordered more drinks and appetizers once our friends arrived. Second round of apps and drinks took 45 minutes to arrive. It was busy so we decided to forgive that error and eat dinner. Ordered food. Two hours later we finally got our food. Manager made up for it as best she could by taking the dinner off the bill and we got 5-star service for the rest of the night. Could be just a bad waitress. Could be this happens frequently. Probably won't return for dinner, but if suggested for drinks on the patio, wouldn't say no. Food was good, not great. You're not getting a great deal so I expect more.
- best birthdayxpressoyourself2Dined on 6/12/2014We went there for my birthday on Thursday night, seafood boil night and we had the best time! We were there for happy hour so had plenty of wine and 2 for 1 appetizers and then split the boil. The appetizers were great and the boil was great too. Above all our waitress Hannah was perfect and the rest of the staff were wonderful too. We loved itSpecial Features:
- Awesome rooftop deckStarblyxDined on 6/1/2014We had a lovely birthday celebration here. The deck is delightful on a summer evening. The staff were attentive, the menu was interesting and good and appealed to the varied tastes in our party, and they even brought us complimentary champagne for our birthday celebration. Fun, friendly, and casual.Special Features:
- Nice location, Saturday happy hour.EatinUpAllTheFoodDined on 5/31/2014I was surprised to find that Vita has a happy hour menu for Saturday evenings that includes 2 for 1 glasses of wine and appetizers. The food was pretty good and the location is nice, being just around the corner from Little Man's Ice Cream. Surprisingly, it wasn't that busy on a Saturday night. I would recommend this restaurant for a low key and chill evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but overpricedRdinerDined on 5/28/2014The roof top patio is really nice, the food was quite good and the service was fine, but for the price it wasn't superb. However, we would probably return for happy hour drinks with a group and skip the overpriced food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentJulieVIPDined on 5/20/2014A very enjoyable evening on the top floor outdoor patio. Nice happy hour drinks and food. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Awkard night rescuedNo2chefscheeseDined on 5/10/2014The show must go on they say, maybe an actor that forgets his lines or trips embarrassingly..awkward moments these are and there is no other way to put it. Strange things kept happening, mentioned getting wine later then heard waitress say wine was coking out, ordered some things and of course they never wrote it down, lots of strange contradictions about why order was lost This is definitely 180 degrees from those places where they memorize the menu and have so few guests that they remember all details.. So don't be pretentious and just write it down.. As for the food not bad but very far from being special. Ambiance is typical, upscale brewery type... Party described as 'aspiring executive types' Loved the manager, I mean I really do..
- they need helpOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014Well, I will begin by saying that our waiter was very good, but also very rushed. But, the rest of the staff was clueless. They attempted to give us other people's food no less than 4 times throughout the evening. Even full meals while we all had our menus open in front of us. Our appetizer strolled up and down the aisle 2 times before my husband flagged the poor guy down and told him it was probably ours. There was a new assistant manager that was so flustered he was panicked. We saw him cleaning up a whole bottle of ketchup with a broom and a washcloth sized rag. Everyone was very nice but it really was a circus. The food was okay, nothing special, but the service makes it impossible for us to ever go back there again.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The service was great, but the food and the brunch was no better than I would expect at Denny's. I would have liked the option to order off of the regular menu, but instead paid $75 for my wife and 2 year old son to eat a sub-par buffet...Special Features:
- Great semi-private space for partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Hosted a bachelorette party in the lofted area. Great food and service!Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceFoodLoverVIPDined on 5/8/2014We had a terrible experience. This used to be a great restaurant, but all aspects were awful. The service was just bizarre; we even wondered if our waitress was drunk. We went specifically for a seafood boil they advertised that began May 1st. Our waitress knew nothing about it. The food we did get was not good, but it was missing ingredients that were advertised. I will definitely not be returning. I also must say this this is the first negative review I have ever wrote, and I eat out frequently.
- Nice Atmosphere and great servicePotterDined on 4/25/2014Three of us went there for dinner on a Friday night. Was able to get in fairly quickly. The rooftop terrace was full so we sat downstairs. The waitress was super friendly and we never waited for service. The chicken sandwich and fries were great however the spatezel (?) was salty as well as the risotta. Overall it was good but not sure if it would be my first choice for dining in that area.Special Features:
- Slick Sliders Regrettable RisottoBHCountsDined on 4/23/2014Portobello slider was memorably good. The risotto was forgettably bland, poorly prepared asparagus and over cheesed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 949 reviews are from the Vita reviews archive.
- Disappointing Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014The advertised Easter brunch was no more than dry French toast, eggs, and potatoes. Store bought muffins and a sad display of shrimp. There was a rumor that there was bruschetta, but you had to move fast to get it to beat out the 6 other people who were trying to get to it first. I have had a better buffet at the Comfort Inn.
- AverageEatoutoftenVIPDined on 4/18/2014There was almost nothing on the menu that was inspired or interesting. The "fish" selection consisted of sea bass. The shrimp on my salad was just dredged in "blackened" seasoning. Nothing special.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014I loved the mussel appetizer which was big enough for lunch. They were not busy and let my friend and I talk all we wanted. We were not at all rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- big grouponekindflavorDined on 4/6/2014We celebrated my hubby's 40th birthday brunch at Vital and everybody loved it! We will be back to try out the happy hour next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was the second time atfrick185Dined on 4/4/2014It was the second time at this restaurant. Both times the food was sub-par. We didn't even eat the BBQ sliders we ordered because they weren't good. The server didn't even ask why we only took 1 bite out of it.
- Enjoyed our EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2014I was in charge of finding a place for 14 people for dinner. This fit the bill. Nice restaurant, good food and a nice room for us. I would recommend this place for a nice evening dinner. We have been to this restaurant 3 times.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2014This was my first time dining at this restaurant. I brought a date and we went to a concert afterwards. Our server was very friendly and made some good suggestions. He was very professional and met all of our needs. The timing was perfect as well. My lovely date had a delicious salad and I tried one of the the sandwiches on the menu. The food was very good. I will be coming back and also recommending this place to others!Special Features:
- poor service, food was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2014When we called to confirm our reservation, whomever answered the phone was dismissive. Then at dinner, the servers asked to box up food while we were still eating, offered check before offering dessert menu, were generally surly and inhospitable... would not recommend especially if you are expecting a fun night out.
- An Okay Place Among Great Places24HourHappyHourDined on 3/3/2014If Vita were in any other location, it would probably be a great place to go. But with Lola's next door, and Root Down just a couple of blocks over, it pales in comparison. The food is competent. The service is okay, but nothing special. The setting--at least where we were seated--was vaguely like an upscale Denny's. BUT I have been there before when a Jazz band was playing, and the atmosphere was great. I sat in a different area. It's a pretty decent place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just ok....JustOKDined on 3/1/2014The food was ok. Its nice inside, except for the bathrooms. When you walk into the bathrooms its like you are in a totally different restaurant and not in a good way. I'm glad we went during restaurant week because I'm not sure I would have liked to pay more than that.
- Great 5280 ExperienceFtothePDined on 2/28/2014Some restaurant's participate in 5280 Restaurant Week with the bare minimum. Vita has a great menu, lots of choices and the portions are perfect. Great wine, great atmosphere; all over a great experience. We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014It seemed they were running low on some foods, maybe due to Restaurant Week. I ordered the kale salad - sounded wonderful - shredded kale, candied almonds, goat cheese, green onions, balsamic vinaigrette. What they brought me was a plate of torn kale, 5 or 6 tiny slivers or carrot or apple (?) - the amount was so small I couldn't tell what it was, and about a teaspoon of dressing. They didn't let me know they weren't able to serve the salad on the menu, just brought the torn kale and said nothing. It was terrible! They were out if the Peanut Butter Parfait, so we opted for vanilla & choc. cheesecake. We got plain cheesecake with a bit of chocoate drizzle, and weren't told they didn't have the choc. and vanilla until we asked.
- Good eats north DenverNorthenderDined on 2/27/2014This was our second visit to Vita and it remains an excellent choice for dinner. Interesting menu with even more interesting flavors. The service is spot on and not intrusive. Modern atmosphere and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week dinner wasmtngirlDined on 2/27/2014Restaurant week dinner was good, but has been better in the past. The presentations were sort of blah. A warm dressing would have been nice on the kale salad or perhaps cutting the kale up a little bit. The pork with mustard sauce was good, but the sauce overpowered the pork a little. It was nice to have the appetizer, salad and entrée rather than dessert. The antipasto would have been nice with either spiced or sugared nuts. These didn't even taste like they ad been toasted. Homemade crackers would have been nice too. Service was good and I love the look of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2014Restaurant week happens to be during my birthday so we had a table of fourteen. I wish I could give Vita a good review but they just didn't earn it. The service was decent but other than that .....I've eaten at some upper end places during restaurant week and always received adequate portions . Thirty dollars is not a small sum for a meal, & Vita really skimped on the portion sizes. The steak was tough, the spatetzle greasy, the doughnuts nothing great. As a trained chef I really expected better. Vita gas much improving to do .Special Features:
- Not a fan.Rizzle931VIPDined on 2/24/2014Well, went here on a date with my wife.. took seconds to get seated.. but that was the only time the whole night anything happened quickly. The food was of the "foodie" variety, but wasn't anything special in my eyes. The wait times for appetizers was 20 minutes.. then another 20 minutes for salads, then 35 minutes for our entrees. It was not exceptionally busy. The waitress was friendly, but slow. The acoustics in the building aren't great.. so I could hear everyone else's conversation in the place. They also were not impressed.