1575 Boulder Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitadenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 477-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch (Saturday and Sunday) 10am-3pm
Lunch: 11am-3pm Daily
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hours: 3:00 - 6:30pm. Please note that Vita does not take reservations on outdoor/patio seating or reservations for bar seating. We will, however, make every effort to accommodate outdoor/patio requests.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Peter Zondo-Roach
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Vita features impromptu performances from some of Denver's best bands! Like us on Facebook to be the first to know about newly announced shows!
A word from Vita
Vita Restaurant offers a Modern American menu of Appetizers, Entrees, Signature Burgers & Sandwiches in an unpretentious, yet stylish atmosphere. Our versatile wine, cocktail, and Colorado craft beer offerings combine with moderate prices to present the ultimate dining experience. Situated in the Lower Highlands neighborhood, Vita features Modern American fare created by Executive Chef Peter Zondo-Roach. His cuisine features an eclectic blend of dishes with an emphasis on using only the freshest ingredients possible. Come and enjoy our Rooftop Terrace under the stars during warmer months or dine inside and enjoy a relaxing evening in LOHI! We offer complimentary valet parking 7 nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vita reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (9)hot spot (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)scenic view (4)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- rooftop is awesome, great foodJulieVIPDined on 11/8/2014I highly recommend this place when the weather is nice and you can sit on the rooftop, but even in bad weather, this restaurant has great food and service.Special Features:
- Outstanding first visitLunchCustomerDined on 11/4/2014I met another family member for lunch at Vita. The entire experience was great from beginning to end. We were greeted promptly, shown to our tables and the great service kicked in. The menu was perfect for us as we have very different tastes. The food was terrific and reasonably priced. I hope people see this review and go to Vita to experience this great restaurant for themselves. I have no recommendations for improvement as everything was terrific. We will definitely go to Vita again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quiet!!mangiaVIPDined on 11/2/2014If you want a nice brunch with no lines, go to Vita. The menu was quite small for a brunch menu but what we had was very tasty. it was so nice to have a brunch on Sunday with no waiting and no crying babies and wild toddlers running all over the restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointingJflorian1Dined on 10/3/2014Food was OK, but service was terrible. Nice people but seriously took almost an hour to bring out a salad and a turkey sandwich?? Also over priced for what we got and esp since the service was a joke. If you are going to the highlands might as well go to Linger or Ale House. No brainer.
- Terrible birthday experience...KikiDined on 10/3/2014Came here on a Friday night to celebrate a good friend's birthday. The service was incredibly slow -a glass of wine took 10+ minutes to get. The menu sounds delicious, so everyone ordered an entree and we enjoyed the evening. Over an hour and fifteen minutes later our food had STILL not arrived. We were told that there was a large party upstairs that was backing everything up. However, they did not apologize or even try to mitigate the situation. My friend and I were splitting two items and once the food arrived one of our items was missing. The waiter did not come to check on us and so we had to tell him to remove our second item from the check - no apology for that either. Thoroughly disappointed.
- Denver's Best All-Around RestaurantsuburbsguyDined on 9/27/2014Vita is in a great location in the Lower Highlands area of Denver making it a great location to start the evening out downtown. Vita has a great indoor dining area but their upstairs, outdoor space is amazing. It has a tremendous ambiance that is idea for happy hours, social gatherings or a night out with friends. The service is friendly and attentive and they were great with recommendations. The food was absolutely awesome and I can't wait to go back to try more from the loaded menu. For me, Vita is everything you can ask for in a restaurant that is great for happy hour or dinner on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedNew2revusDined on 9/11/2014I ordered a kale salad with added grilled chicken. The salad was nothing like the description and came without nuts and the wrong dressing. It was $15, and honestly the salads I get at Panera for $8 are twice as attractive and filling. The mozzarella appetizer was tasty, but the hummus appetizer came with about 4 wilted carrot and celery sticks. Overall the experience was OK, but overpriced for portion and presentation.
- Just okay.RachFoodieDined on 8/29/2014The food was decent, but not good enough for a return visit. Nothing was terrible, it was just very mediocre and not worth recommending.
- Wonderful LoHi Restaurant.lohifoodloverDined on 8/26/2014Dining at Vita was a wonderful experience. It wasn't too busy but enough to make it feel energetic without feeling overwhelmed. We came here for restaurant week as we live in the area and wanted to try somewhere new. The food was wonderful, the only complaint was the steak was a little tough, probably wouldn't get that entree again. Their patio is beautiful and offers a wonderful view of the city. Overall, I would definitely come back, especially during their great Happy Hour deals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio, decent foodspotteddogDined on 8/24/2014The rooftop patio is great. There isn't a view of the mountains or downtown, but you can see south between some buildings. It's up a pretty steep flight of stairs (no elevator that I saw) and has couch style bench seating around the outside edge (relatively comfortable to lounge, uncomfortable if you're trying to eat at the table). We enjoyed the food, though there were some rough spots (unappetizing tofu entree and poorly executed polenta w/ the filet). The mozzarella appetizer was the best thing we had all night. The service was not very good. The bartender was our server and was clearly not used to taking tables. The menu is large and has a number of enticing items that I'm tempted to go back and try...but, it won't be anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great service, good food...foodfan1Dined on 8/23/2014Had been awhile since our last visit, and was concerned about mixed reviews posted more recently. So pleased to say that our experience was great. Very attentive staff (even during restaurant week) and satisfying menu- the Colorado bass was delicious. The view on the rooftop patio has suffered from nearby construction, but still cool and comfortable. Really hope more customers will return to Vita!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!ldagnillDined on 8/23/2014Vita was a great spot. Dined during restaurant week and was very pleased. Everything from the appetizers, to salads, to the main course was amazing. The Hanger Steak was to die for - as well as all the dipping sauces! Very friendly waitstaff and hostess. Would definitely go back. Not as packed as other Highlands restaurants.Special Features:
- PatheticJantquiVIPDined on 8/8/2014I'm not sure they knew we were there. Service was slow, we had to ask for menus (even after the waiter came to the table), and multiple times we had to track someone down to order entrees, to order wine, to get the check. Food was mediocre at best. It was a Friday night and the place was dead. That should have clued us in, but we stayed anyway. When we left, we noticed Lola's next door was packed. Wish we would have went there instead! I wasted a $50 Open Table Dining check on this place!
- PeteVIPDined on 8/5/2014had the calamari for appetizer. It was delicious. Dinner entrée suggestion from server was the pork chop and it was amazing. Very juicy and cooked perfectly. Nice friendly staff. Dined on roof top. Very niceSpecial Features:
- Past its primeNickDined on 8/1/2014Apathetic servers. Good cocktail menu, but the bartender had no ability to translate the concepts into palatable drinks. Time to gut this place and start over.Special Features:
- bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014It was a bad experience the waiter was slow, we went to celebrate a birthday and did not enjoy it. Another waitress was rude as I asked for a dessert to surprise my husband. Friends from out if state were not impressed. Will not be returning.
- The following 969 reviews are from the Vita reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/16/2014Food was sub-par, but arrived quickly. Noise level was condusive to a party, but not the best choice for a double date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchShelbyDined on 7/15/2014Misters on the wonderful rooftop patio made the warm day very enjoyable! Lunch was delicious and our server was very friendly and gave great recommendations! Lunch options are somewhat limited with restaurants in the Highlands, so Vita is a nice choice!Special Features:
- ExcellentsjalexDined on 7/12/2014Excellent restaurant with a fantastic happy hour(2 for 1 apps and drinks) that extends until 6:30pm. Unfortunately we couldn't enjoy the great patio because of a wedding reception, but the food and service was excellent. Worth visiting again during happy hour!Special Features:
- Good service, average food.CarolinaFamilyDined on 6/28/2014Contrary to many reviews on other sites, we found the service to be very good at Vita. The food was OK but nothing special. We shared an order of calamari which was spicy and crispy but lacked taste. I tried the 6 oz filet served on grits with asparagus and fried portabella mushrooms - all was pretty good except the filet was a bit overcooked and rather thin and flavorless for a filet. My companions tried the mussels which were uber spicy in a curry sauce and the hanger steak which seemed pretty good. Very nice that salads are available in half servings as a side salad. I'd try it again in a pinch.Special Features:
- Disappointed by the servicediner6302014Dined on 6/28/2014I had been to Vita for a brunch and loved it. But when I returned for a friends birthday on Sat the space and food were great for our group but the service was terrible. The restaurant was empty but the waiter was completely inattentive and borderline rude. We asked for water and were told its "a work in progress". He wore sunglasses and when we ordered he stopped a girl mid sentence and said he "couldn't remember all of this so he will be right back''. We were never told the specials until we repeatedly asked and most of the responses he gave were 1 worded or shrugs. We had a great time but weary to book for an event again.Special Features:
- Beautiful patio; terrible serviceServiceSensitiveDined on 6/25/2014We were so excited to get a great spot on the patio for a friend's birthday but unfortunately the service was embarrassingly absent. We had to ask for water for the table 6 times before getting it, asked how much to the soup was and got an 'uhh I don't know!' and then quoted the wrong price as a response, had to ask 3 servers if we could order food before getting service and then 2 of the entrees were missing items or were totally incorrect. Sad because the place is so cute and in a great location for all of our fiends!Special Features:
- Last dinner in Denver was great.StephenKyle72Dined on 6/17/2014Great food and drinks, service was a little slower than expected but I will go back.Special Features:
- Poor Patio ServiceGrantTanabeDined on 6/13/2014Arrived early at 5:30 on a Friday. Got a table on the patio. The patio is nice and comfy. Had a few drinks and ordered a few appetizers. Ordered more drinks and appetizers once our friends arrived. Second round of apps and drinks took 45 minutes to arrive. It was busy so we decided to forgive that error and eat dinner. Ordered food. Two hours later we finally got our food. Manager made up for it as best she could by taking the dinner off the bill and we got 5-star service for the rest of the night. Could be just a bad waitress. Could be this happens frequently. Probably won't return for dinner, but if suggested for drinks on the patio, wouldn't say no. Food was good, not great. You're not getting a great deal so I expect more.
- best birthdayxpressoyourself2Dined on 6/12/2014We went there for my birthday on Thursday night, seafood boil night and we had the best time! We were there for happy hour so had plenty of wine and 2 for 1 appetizers and then split the boil. The appetizers were great and the boil was great too. Above all our waitress Hannah was perfect and the rest of the staff were wonderful too. We loved itSpecial Features:
- Awesome rooftop deckStarblyxDined on 6/1/2014We had a lovely birthday celebration here. The deck is delightful on a summer evening. The staff were attentive, the menu was interesting and good and appealed to the varied tastes in our party, and they even brought us complimentary champagne for our birthday celebration. Fun, friendly, and casual.Special Features:
- Nice location, Saturday happy hour.EatinUpAllTheFoodDined on 5/31/2014I was surprised to find that Vita has a happy hour menu for Saturday evenings that includes 2 for 1 glasses of wine and appetizers. The food was pretty good and the location is nice, being just around the corner from Little Man's Ice Cream. Surprisingly, it wasn't that busy on a Saturday night. I would recommend this restaurant for a low key and chill evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but overpricedRdinerDined on 5/28/2014The roof top patio is really nice, the food was quite good and the service was fine, but for the price it wasn't superb. However, we would probably return for happy hour drinks with a group and skip the overpriced food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentJulieVIPDined on 5/20/2014A very enjoyable evening on the top floor outdoor patio. Nice happy hour drinks and food. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Awkard night rescuedNo2chefscheeseDined on 5/10/2014The show must go on they say, maybe an actor that forgets his lines or trips embarrassingly..awkward moments these are and there is no other way to put it. Strange things kept happening, mentioned getting wine later then heard waitress say wine was coking out, ordered some things and of course they never wrote it down, lots of strange contradictions about why order was lost This is definitely 180 degrees from those places where they memorize the menu and have so few guests that they remember all details.. So don't be pretentious and just write it down.. As for the food not bad but very far from being special. Ambiance is typical, upscale brewery type... Party described as 'aspiring executive types' Loved the manager, I mean I really do..
- they need helpOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014Well, I will begin by saying that our waiter was very good, but also very rushed. But, the rest of the staff was clueless. They attempted to give us other people's food no less than 4 times throughout the evening. Even full meals while we all had our menus open in front of us. Our appetizer strolled up and down the aisle 2 times before my husband flagged the poor guy down and told him it was probably ours. There was a new assistant manager that was so flustered he was panicked. We saw him cleaning up a whole bottle of ketchup with a broom and a washcloth sized rag. Everyone was very nice but it really was a circus. The food was okay, nothing special, but the service makes it impossible for us to ever go back there again.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The service was great, but the food and the brunch was no better than I would expect at Denny's. I would have liked the option to order off of the regular menu, but instead paid $75 for my wife and 2 year old son to eat a sub-par buffet...Special Features:
- Great semi-private space for partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Hosted a bachelorette party in the lofted area. Great food and service!Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceFoodLoverVIPDined on 5/8/2014We had a terrible experience. This used to be a great restaurant, but all aspects were awful. The service was just bizarre; we even wondered if our waitress was drunk. We went specifically for a seafood boil they advertised that began May 1st. Our waitress knew nothing about it. The food we did get was not good, but it was missing ingredients that were advertised. I will definitely not be returning. I also must say this this is the first negative review I have ever wrote, and I eat out frequently.
- Nice Atmosphere and great servicePotterDined on 4/25/2014Three of us went there for dinner on a Friday night. Was able to get in fairly quickly. The rooftop terrace was full so we sat downstairs. The waitress was super friendly and we never waited for service. The chicken sandwich and fries were great however the spatezel (?) was salty as well as the risotta. Overall it was good but not sure if it would be my first choice for dining in that area.Special Features:
- Slick Sliders Regrettable RisottoBHCountsDined on 4/23/2014Portobello slider was memorably good. The risotto was forgettably bland, poorly prepared asparagus and over cheesed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014The advertised Easter brunch was no more than dry French toast, eggs, and potatoes. Store bought muffins and a sad display of shrimp. There was a rumor that there was bruschetta, but you had to move fast to get it to beat out the 6 other people who were trying to get to it first. I have had a better buffet at the Comfort Inn.
- AverageEatoutoftenVIPDined on 4/18/2014There was almost nothing on the menu that was inspired or interesting. The "fish" selection consisted of sea bass. The shrimp on my salad was just dredged in "blackened" seasoning. Nothing special.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014I loved the mussel appetizer which was big enough for lunch. They were not busy and let my friend and I talk all we wanted. We were not at all rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- big grouponekindflavorDined on 4/6/2014We celebrated my hubby's 40th birthday brunch at Vital and everybody loved it! We will be back to try out the happy hour next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.