Vista 18 Restaurant
740 Burdett Ave
Victoria, BC V8W 1B2Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Vista 18 Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vista18.com/
- Phone: 2503829258
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00 am - 11:30 am;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Garrett Schack
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our "Harbour Room" provides sweeping views of Victoria"s inner harbour and the Olympic Peninsula. We can accommodate groups from 12 to 50. Please contact our restaurant directly for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Vista 18 2503829258
- Cross Street: Fairfield Rd
- Public Transit: 1/2 block from Vista 18 is Douglas Street which is one of the main routes for our transit system. Some of the main routes with stops here are 1, 2, 2A, 4, 7, 7N, 21, 27, 28, 30, 31, 70 and 75. For full details, please visit www.bctransit.com
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking is provided based on availability. Please acquire a parking pass at our front desk in the hotel lobby.
A word from Vista 18 Restaurant
Serving Canadian Regional Cuisine, Vista 18 complements it's 18th floor views of Victoria's inner harbour and Juan de Fuca Strait with a locally inspired menu focusing on sustainable and fresh ingredients. Our versatile wine list and knowledgeable staff will help you choose the perfect wine to pair with your dinner while you enjoy the sights in our contemporary dining room.Continued
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, choose what time of day you feel it's best to see all of Victoria and the surrounding area.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, choose what time of day you feel it's best to see all of Victoria and the surrounding area.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Vista 18 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
Vista 18 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)special occasion (21)romantic (15)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I had made reservations for 3. I requested a note saying "Happy Birthday" and we never saw it. The waitress had a little of an attitude that made us uncomfortable. Food was too expensive and very small portion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014We went to Vista 18 because they provide a pre-opera dinner menu and are within walking distance of the Royal Theatre, but we found much more: good, local food, very well prepared and presented, a fantastic view from the 18th floor all the way to the Olympic Peninsula, friendly service, and a venue where we could talk comfortably. The bill was very reasonable and they served good BC wines. I saw they have a piano, so I bet late night drinks would be a treat. I will most certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free FriendlyQuickVicVisitDined on 10/11/2014Great varied menu and wine list. Wonderful view with great service. Very adaptable and well prepared for gluten free dining. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014We used to love to eat here but haven't been for awhile and our dinner was very disappointing. My green salad was beautifully presented but so vinegary I couldn't eat it. Halibut cheek from the tasing menu and it was dry and tough. My partners main course of halibut was also dry and tough. Our friend's sirloin steak was "yummy". Tasting menu confusing and I believe I was charged more than I should have been. Still a beautiful spot with great views of the city and nice overall ambiance. Maybe just a bad night for the chef?
- Better Than a Greasy SpoonBigEaterDined on 10/5/2014Amazing location, views and service considering the price! The eggs benedict (West Coast with dungeness crab) was lacking in flavour and the hollandaise was skimpy. But I would definitely go back again for brunch as the service and view were outstanding. Typical brunch menu items $12-16 which is quite comparable to most greasy spoon diners in Victoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...2dine4Dined on 9/21/2014Reservation for our 45th Anniversary made several weeks before. Maybe we expected too much. It was a gorgeous day. Attended Mass at the Beautiful Cathedral, and decided to walk to the restaurant. Upon arrival we were TOLD we were "Early" - they were not BUSY. The restaurant overlooked Victoria Harbor, so we expected to see our "Ship". We were taken to a Table where we couldn't even see the Harbor or our Ship. Service was Slow, Order was incorrect when it arrived, waited for Coffee refills, and I was almost done when my husband's order arrived.Special Features:
- Visat 18OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014didn't get the table I reserved, service was adequate, food was very ordinary price was okSpecial Features:
- Vista 18 Sept 10OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Very enjoyable experience! Food, ambiance and service was all very good. It has been many years since we have been to the Vista 18 so we thought it was time for a visit. In years past ever since it was was the Parrot House we have always enjoyed dinning there. This time was as good as it has ever been. Everything was perfect. The food was excellent, hot and fresh!. Thank you for the memorable time. We have promised ourselves a return visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DmlpsltexOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Great atmosphere and the view spectacular. Good food and the wait staff were very accommodating. Truly, an under appreciated gem in Victoria.Special Features:
- A great endingfphallDined on 9/6/2014This was the last night of a trip with family and it was the perfect place to finish. Wonderful view, delicious food and an excellent waitress.Special Features:
- Excellent care taken!LDB1Dined on 8/31/2014We had two different sets of food constraints and the staff & menu options were amazing. The view was an excellent was to pass the time too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsireatsoutalotDined on 8/30/2014Booked this restaurant because of the views, which was very nice. Thought they had something on the menu for everyone, which they did. However, the food was very bland and boring. I felt I could have done better at home. Definitely not worth the price. Service was good, though I'm pretty sure I heard a loud sigh when when we didn't order any alcohol. Lack of customers upon our arrival should have been a a clue; I wished we had turned around and tried somewhere else....Special Features:
- Impress relativesImpress12relliesDined on 8/29/2014We have attended many mixers & special events (eg Jazzfest launch) at Vista 18..this gorgeous local gem has long been admired by us as a great place to enjoy great cuisine. It was enchanting when we visited on Aug. 29th! Cruise ships in, amazing sunset..but, most of all, superb cuisine! The only hiccup was my husband's order, and the Executive Chef soon made it right.....the first dish was cold and overcooked...my husband said the second dish was absolutely perfect. The Executive Chef or perhaps Maitre d? was quick to correct any issues, and extremely polite in dealing with the whole event. Our English relatives were truly blown away - we had planned at least a month is advance...12 of us had an amazing experience - thank you!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Choose Vista 18 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Was the ideal setting (scenic view of downtown, ambiance, quiet, romantic). It was a Monday so it was fairly quiet. Service was very good and attentive though not overbearing. Booked on line and asked for window seat and was seated as requested. We couldn't have asked for anything more. Greatly appreciated the complimentary dessert that was offered and many staff congratulated us on our special day (it showed to us that they actually read our booking request as I had indicated it was our 30th wedding anniversary)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outalotDined on 8/17/2014Sunday was prime rib night, and it was quite good. The oysters on the half shell were also quite good.Special Features:
- Menu and furnishingsFoodlovers2Dined on 8/13/2014Both a little dated. Feel menu lacked an innovative touch. Not enough vegetarian options. Chairs were shabby and torn. View lovely and many thanks for table with great view as requested. Staff helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with an outstanding viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2014To be clear, Victoria is a beautiful city, and being in this restaurant allows an unlimited appreciation of that beauty. The food was good, the service first rate. There could be a renovation in store here in the near future but the present is all about the views and the great food. My father had the prime rib special, my mother ordered Yorkshire Pudding, part of the Prime Rib Special, as an appetizer, all were very accommodating. I really enjoyed the pan fried Pork Tenderloin and my wife had the Filet steak. My mom is fastidious about pasta and loved the homemade Linguini. All good. I recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit blandIslandguyDined on 8/8/2014we were underwhelmed with our experience, although the meal was served quickly, which surprised us. while the steak was good, the albacore tuna dish was not. Just felt like another hotel restaurant. But with high prices. We expected something a little more fancy then your average chain restaurant, but what we got was something a bit awkward and bland . In short We were a little disappointed.
- Vista 18HelburnDined on 8/3/2014Amazing food, prices in line with a restaurant if this calibre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedMyexperience1Dined on 7/27/2014Not a destination restaurant, between the terrible service and over priced food you'd be better off going to one of dozens of breakfast spots downtown.Special Features:
- neveragainDined on 7/26/2014We were very disappointed with the weekend lunch menu. TWO burgers??? Who wants burgers at this type of restaurant?? Then the only other thing was tuna tacos (very limited clients) and a shrimp and lobster melt, which I had and was really looking forward to, and it had horse radish in it?? That should have been on the menu, as again, a very limited number of clients like that. Would also expect this type of restaurant to have some lovely veggies to accompany main course, not fries and salad only. Where was the variety? Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Expectations almost metccpcolaDined on 7/24/2014As fine dining venue with a million-dollar view of Victoria, we were eager to experience first-class dining. And we almost did. The menu was eclectic, the drink list trendy, and the staff professional. Not that the food was uninspired, just a little too "California Cuisine" in terms of presentation and quantity to meet with our expectations. This is a place to go for a romantic dinner where the food isn't the priority, but the ambiance is.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedregretsDined on 7/13/2014Other than the view, nothing too remarkable. Had a so so brunch. Dinner diners may have a better experience.Special Features:
- Great for out of town visitorsCrustyDined on 7/10/2014Entertained two friends from California for dinner and as usual Vista 18 was wonderful. Food quality was very good and the wait staff are both knowledgeable and cheerfully helpful. And you can't beat the views!Special Features:
- Fabulous place for many occasions.VicGirlDined on 6/30/2014Great food and Great service and Great views. The restaurant is a fabulous place to go for many different occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 115 reviews are from the Vista 18 Restaurant reviews archive.
- For the quiet diner onlyHappyeaterDined on 6/20/2014We booked a table for 12 for a classy upscale bacherlorette. Every one came dressed up in dresses and suits which was perfect for the beautiful view and decor. However when the toasting started and people started to relax we were told to be quiet. Nice place but should not have accepted our reservation if the volume of 12 people was going to be an issue.
- Tired decorBigfoodDined on 6/19/2014While the food was good, the restaurant is dated and downright shabby in some areas. The seats of many of the chairs are ripped, the carpet stained and the overall space needs a total update to be reflective of the interesting food choices. We paid top dollar for our meals in a second rate dining room. I had the paella which was very tasty but there was very little seafood for the price.
- New parent date nightnewparentdateniteDined on 6/18/2014We had a much needed date night after having our son. It was a wonderful, peaceful and romantic environment. Food was beyond amazing. Service was fantastic. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a DisappointmentFoodieDined on 6/15/2014Having been there recently for a business meeting I was impressed with the improvement with the quality of the food and service compare to previous occasions. Thus I suggested to my family to celebrate father's day there this past Sunday. Again the quality of the service and food were a disappointment. Although the overall service and food were all right. I expect above-average quality for both food and service for such a beautiful environment. The clams were not that fresh. What a disappointment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Was a beautiful view and great service, the food was ok expected a bit better but overall we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ripped chairsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014We went here for a birthday celebration as we heard it was one of the fanciest restaurants in town. The view was lovely. The food was great. The service was fantastic. However I was disappointed with the ambiance. The chairs were old and ripped which I wouldn't expect in a "fancy" restaurant and it looks very dated. If it wants to be known as a very nice place to eat it needs an interior update.Special Features:
- Tired decor, great foodKimblyDined on 5/27/2014We visited Vista 18 for brunch. While the service wasn't outstanding, the food was great. Was surprised by the tiredness of the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReeseDined on 5/27/2014A breakfast gathering of six, enjoyed a wonderful time for this special day. Efron served us with a smile and attention, and the food was delectable , tasty and was enjoyed by all. I would recommend breakfast at Vista 18.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor quality food and serviceRebeccaDined on 5/26/2014The food wasn't great. A friend had the rhubarb sampler as dessert. It looked like it was the leftovers from someone else's plate. I had the chocolate sampler and it was very good though The meal was small and ho hum. Prices high. The service inconsistent. Our main waiter was very slow and the place was not busy. They got my side wrong and corrected it but certainly not friendly. Hostess was very niceSpecial Features:
- Great food and views for breakfastVistaMeetNumber1Dined on 5/24/2014I made a reservation for breakfast meeting with a guest from out of town and we were not disappointed. The food was great (I had the Brie & Salmon Scrambled Eggs) and my guest commented many times about the wonderful views. We requested a table facing the Inner Harbour on our online reservation and we were not disappointed, it was waiting for us when we arrived. Our bill was just over $30.00 for 2 for breakfast, very decent for this great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerrealfoodieDined on 5/21/2014We had a wonderful romantic anniversary dinner at Vista 18 this week. The view was spectacular, the service was wonderful, and the food was so very good. We are foodies and don't eat anything with pesticides or additives, always eat fresh and local and we found exactly what we were looking for at this restaurant. The Food was organic and deliciously prepared....they even have a water filter so I was able to put my water bottle away, since I am allergic to Chlorine. It was a lovely, relaxing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningdinneroutDined on 5/12/2014Our server Jason contributed to what was a very nice evening. The views are incredible but his sense of humour - picking up on the vibe at the table immediately - really made the evening. Food was excellent, the kitchen was accommodating of our special request and we had a great time. If we hadn't been going to a show we might still be there! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family TreatSteveHDined on 5/11/2014Excellent service, not rushed, food prepared with care. Great job Vista 18!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the viewVictoria2exploreDined on 5/11/2014There was no mention that it would be a Brunch buffet on the website, nor when we booked online. There was only a brunch menu online. I abhor buffet dining, even when it's disguised as fine dining with a bit of seafood on ice. I ordered a Grey Goose Martini straight up with olives, I got a vodka on the rocks with olives. Service Irreverent. We had to suggest perhaps we could see a wine list. It was never offered. After that, there were a litany of small things that made it much less than a 3 star experience. Table was left uncleared, silverware replacement was forgotten, all those things that should be paid close attention to when you are being served during a buffet. It's just a view. Poor service, poor food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Everything was amazing... We wereso enthralled with the view we barely noticed the 'getting a bit tired' decor and upholstery. Reasonable $$ for breakfast and the view is priceless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.