Virtue Feed & Grain
106 S. Union St.
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Virtue Feed & Grain
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://virtuefeedgrain.com/
- Phone: (571) 970-3669
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am-12:00am, Friday 11:30am-1:00am, Saturday 11:00am-1:00am, Sunday 11:00am-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Santiago Lopez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Private Parties, Stunning Weddings & Receptions, Rehearsal Dinners with a view, Cool Cocktail Parties, or Memorable Meetings ~ Virtue has you covered!
We have everything you need to make a fabulous impression with your guests: fantastic hors d’oeuvres, great drinks, delicious food, a beautiful space, friendly staff, and a terrific atmosphere!
Let us know how we can help with your next event!
- Cross Street: King St.
- Public Transit: King Street Metro
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are 3 parking garages on South Union St. within 2 blocks of the restaurant: Republic Parking Systems, Central Parking Systems, and Parking Solo.
Free 2 hour parking is also available along many of the streets parallel to S. Union St.
For PM Service Wednesday thru Sunday- Altman Parking next door offers a reduced rate. Park, pay $7 and then bring a stamped receipt to receive $3 back.
A word from Virtue Feed & Grain
Virtue is a modern American tavern located near the Potomac River in Old Town, Alexandria. Our menu offers an array of farm-fresh food and refreshing cocktails to please your tastebuds, and a vibrant atmosphere to make for an enjoyable dining experience at any time of day! Housed in a historic feed & grain warehouse from the late 1800s, Virtue's stunning rustic modern decor is sure to impress.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Virtue Feed & Grain - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Virtue Feed & Grain reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (120)fit for foodies (114)good for groups (100)great for outdoor dining (100)hot spot (90)vibrant bar scene (90)great for lunch (65)special occasion (57)great for brunch (49)romantic (46)scenic view (37)notable wine list (28)kid-friendly (25)late-night find (25)Show More
- Did Not DisappointLive2EatDined on 11/18/2014Food was wonderful. We had the Crab Dip as an Appetizer, and split the Salmon Burger with the Avocado Coleslaw and then had the Pork Chop with the sweet potatoe mash. It was so good! Our waiter was great and gave great recommendations. Would definitely eat here again if I'm in the Alexandria area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Restaurant w New MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/18/2014I've been to Virtue a few times and most recently noticed the menu has changed to be a bit more simple. Later to realize, they separated from Restaurant Eve. Overall, lunch was great! Service was slow even though the restaurant was half full. Our server didn't refresh our beverages or check on us after our food came out. Since I was there for a business lunch, the music was a bit to loud and it was difficult to speak across the table. On the positive, chicken tortilla soup was amazing and always love the interior cozy feel of Virtue! Would definitely go back, but most likely for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFastRideVIPDined on 11/17/2014I've been saying I wanted to go to Virtue for months, but whenever We were in Old Town we ended up going somewhere else. Well, I'm glad we finally made it in. The restaurant itself is amazing AND the food was also. I really liked the menu because it offered things you don't see everyday, like beets. I've never had beets at a restaurant. Overall, we had a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation is not worth anythinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Made a reservation and had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. What's the point of a reservation? I would have gotten seated at the exact same time without it. The food was very plain, lacked any seasoning. Once I seasoned it, was a little better. the bacon was very fatty, and undercooked, don't recommend. Hopefully their non brunch menu is better!
- foodfanDined on 11/14/2014atomsphere was cool. Young crowd at both bars. Server was nice and pleasant. Food ok (nothing special). Main course came out two mins after appetizer course & before wine that I ordered to go with app. I think it would be a good place to meet friends , have a drink and watch a game (upstairs bar area), but is in no way a "foodie "place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!KimberlyDined on 11/14/2014Great to have a restaurant with good ambiance and fabulous food. As a vegetarian, it's hard to find a place that offers unique and delicious vegetarian options. This place offers something for everyone! Just loved my entree and their specialty drink menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old town gemRek96VIPDined on 11/13/2014Love the food- salmon is delish. A little loud so can be hard to hear for conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MuleDinerDined on 11/10/2014The vibe is fantastic, very friendly bartenders and waiter. I arrived alone, meeting a group. I felt welcome at the bar. When my group finally arrived, we got seated upstairs. Menu selection was very good. I had salmon which was delicious. Service was a bit slow - the waiter was busy with a larger group celebrating a birthday. But overall, highly highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Beautiful atmosphere. Eclectic menu, excellent service.Special Features:
- Very Mediocre Brunch2LBrewVIPDined on 11/9/2014My wide and I went for brunch. We ordered the fruit plate, which was full of bad tasting melon and pineapple. Our entrees of chicken and waffles and a bison burger were fine, but not memorable. This place is fine, but far from good
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014The food was absolutely delicious! Every bite! The only downfall was that our waitress seemed a bit preoccupied. She seemed like she was in a rush every time she spoke to us, and perhaps didn't hear me when I asked for another glass of wine. No big deal though because everything else was absolutely fantastic. We will be back soon. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like it!Ducky7Dined on 11/8/2014This is a nice place with good food and ambiance. It's a little pricey in my opinion, but I'm not very picky, so I may just be missing something about the food. It has a very hip and rustic feel.Special Features:
- Great Service, but..b52dDined on 11/7/2014Second visit to this restaurant. Special occasion date & made reservation through Open Table. We were 2-3 minutes late but greeted by hostess & seated immediately. NICE! Table was not to our liking and they accommodated another one more suited for us. BIG WIN! Service was simply OUTSTANDING. Appetizers & house salads were great as well. Main course was the shank steak(ordered Medium & Medium well) with fries but both were tough to chew. Noise level was very LOUD and detracted from the otherwise great venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in Old TownNCfoodieinBigCityDined on 11/7/2014I absolutely love Virtue Feed & Grain. It is my favorite place to go in Old Town. When friends and family visit the area I take them to Virtue and definitely take them for birthdays or special occasions as well. The food is always AMAZING, and I really love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTFeedDined on 11/5/2014Great service. Great IPA's, Unique menu items, fun timeSpecial Features:
- JoshGibsonDined on 11/5/2014Had a reservation for lunch, but unfortunately we had to wait about 5 minutes for a table to be cleared. The waitress was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. The appetizer was excellent and the food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Soooooo slowallytayDined on 11/1/2014We have been to Virtue for dinner many times and had many good experiences but this past Saturday was such a chaotic mess, I will think twice before heading there again. We were seated more than 30 minutes after our reservation time at a strange cocktail table upstairs in the middle of everything. We waited at least 15 minutes for drinks to arrive and although he did take our order shortly after, we saw him every 20 minutes or so at best. The worst part about all of it was that many, many workers saw that no one was clearing our plates, filling our water, etc. but they just let our waiter crash and burn. You need to get your book under control and assign manageable sections to your servers. Management's fault all the way.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Went to Virtue Feed & Grain to celebrate my mother's birthday. This was her first visit, she enjoyed the food, the ambiance, and our waitress Kate. My husband and I have always had a great experience at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsfoodiesforlifeDined on 10/25/2014We have eaten at this restaurant on several occasions with friends and family. We really enjoy the overall ambiance of the lounge and dining area. The menu has a nice selection and the staff is very friendly and accommodating .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014While it may be quieter upstairs, the main floor is very noisy. We had to yell at each other to be heard. Food was great, however, and the main room is quite charming. Don't recommend for a Friday or Saturday evening because of the crowd and noise.Special Features:
- Great placeRuthythegreatDined on 10/22/2014We have always a loved virtue. The service and food are always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great evening!StargazerDined on 10/22/2014Great upstairs bar. Enjoyable place to spend the evening with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!AliceDined on 10/19/2014The food was great -- and the staff was attentive and friendly! Lovely place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Happier w/ Virtue but not quite!military18wifeDined on 10/18/2014We sat at the bar and waited a good 5 minutes with several bartenders walking down to our end, making eye contact, before anyone gave us menus and asked what we'd like. I chose the grilled grape and cheese appetizer. $10 for 8 grilled grapes, a few 1-inch cubes of cheese, drizzled in honey with no crackers or bread. It tasted good, but was just flat ... and didn't impress. I had the salmon w/ grilled brussel sprouts. That was delicious. I like the new menu, but under the new owner I think the service has suffered. I think the chef should re-think the grape appetizer and perhaps pair it with bread or crackers or just not serve it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014Way too noisy at night. Could not have a conversation. Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great serviceKatherineVIPDined on 10/17/2014Every time I've been to Virtue, the food is excellent, and almost without exception, delivered by waitstaff who are pleasant and knowledgeable about the food they're selling. My most recent trip was on a Friday evening and the place was very busy, but with a reservation we were seated on time without incident. The patio is very pleasant in nice weather and appears to be dog-friendly. During family-friendly hours, though, it might mean children running laps around your table :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerjaredVIPDined on 10/17/2014Had a great dinner there on Friday night. If the weather is nice, I would definitely recommend sitting on the outside patio, because it's super loud inside, but maybe that was just because it was Friday. Food was really good, and our server was attentive.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere & foodInstylegirlDined on 10/15/2014This was my first time to this restaurant. We were a group of six people, easily accommodated. The space is really interesting and unique and the menu has a little something for everyone. Great drink selection as well. My only complaint is that when sitting upstairs, the noise level is high so it was hard to have conversations with people at times.Special Features:
- Loyal CustomerDCWorkerDined on 10/13/2014We just love the food and service here! We went for Octoberfest and wish that full meals were offered instead of small plates, but that is our only complaint. Otherwise we really enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Great spotTNGYDined on 10/12/2014Loved the décor! The service was great, fantastic waitress who was helpful, cheerful, and attentive. Last but not least, the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- octoberfest?AshleyDined on 10/11/2014The server was very good. The Oktoberfest menu was totally lame. I expect more than hotdogs. We had nachos and the stew. Both did not have a lot of flavor.
- Good food but it's very loud!AlexDined on 10/10/2014Also had a good beer and wine selection. Love that it's on the waterfront!Special Features:
- Experimental Food recipiesRosieVIPDined on 10/6/2014They have some items, like a child invented... It should be named , t As te Kitchen.Special Features:
- A great findTastyVIPDined on 10/5/2014Service was spot on and the food was excellent. They could've put a little less sauce on the short ribs but still excellent. I hope others enjoy it as much as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaBigFellaDined on 10/4/2014uniformly excellent! Service, food, attentiveness [not overdone], answering questions and making recommendations...excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Quality/Limited Menudewey1netDined on 10/2/2014I've always enjoyed the bar at Virtue, and with family in town, I decided to try the dining room this time. The menu we saw online the night before was slightly different from what was available when we arrived. The menu itself was quite limited. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing if the choices they have are high quality, and in this case, the quality was certainly excellent. One item of note, though: the ribeye that WAS on the menu is no longer available. Overall, though, I highly recommend Virtue. Pros: food quality, service, drink selection, phenomenal salmon. Cons: Menu limited, dining room VERY dim at night, and can be a little chilly toward the front of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency is the key...BaconmasterDined on 10/2/2014We have gone enough times to say we are regulars. The food and drinks are outstanding. I only have one complaint...the nachos really bring down the menu. It's like going to a Michelin star Restaraunt and ordering chicken nuggets. We tried it just to see if they tasted unique but they didn't. They tasted just like I was in a dark dive bar with pub food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!Kimmy81VIPDined on 9/28/2014We love Virtue. The food and cocktail menu are incredible! The rib-eye steak is always prepared perfectly and flavorful. The bibb wedge was a perfectly flavored salad with a beautiful light blue cheese dressing. Yum!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Not an extensive brunch menu, definitely leaning towards more lunch food.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, good foodesoccer85VIPDined on 9/27/2014Very nice seating either outside or by the window. Prompt service with good food. Will definitely return.Special Features: