Virtu Honest Craft
3701 N Marshall Way
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Virtu Honest Craft
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.virtuscottsdale.com/
- Phone: (480) 946-3477
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
For parties of 7 or more please contact the restaurant at 480-946-3477
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gio Osso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full-service catering is available; please call for information.
- Cross Street: 2nd St
- Public Transit: Scottsdale's Loloma Station is just 50 yards north of Virt.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking along Marshall Way is available, as well as evening parking at Scottsdale Artists' School across the street. Overnight parking is not permitted at the school, but is permissible along Marshall way.
A word from Virtu Honest Craft
Chef Gio Osso’s intimate gathering spot is tucked inside Old Town Scottsdale’s Bespoke Inn, where his menu features contemporary cuisine inspired by his Mediterranean roots and global influences. Simply dubbed "honest craft," Chef Gio's menu changes weekly, and is comprised of reliable and satisfying mainstays like homemade pastas, hearty meat dishes and superb seafood. Join us for lunch or dinner seven days a week or brunch on the weekends inside our cozy dining room for 30 guests, or enjoy a delightful Arizona evening on our beautifully lit patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Virtu Honest Craft - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Virtu Honest Craft reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)great for outdoor dining (89)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (66)romantic (59)notable wine list (28)hot spot (27)great for brunch (22)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Neighborhood gemJeffVIPDined on 12/2/2013If Virtu suffers at all, it's from being in a small space where noise is magnified and there can be a feeling of being somewhat cramped. But it's a handsome enough space, with wooden tables, comfortable seating and a large bar that seems to be quite popular. The food, modern Italian with flair, is wonderful. The octopus appetizer, singled out for praise by Howard Seftel, was fabulous - charred on the outside, smoky and succulent. The tartare duo of tuna and beef was unique - served in small cups with a tapenade in the middle; the flavors were terrific. Main courses were filling but showed a highly creative touch, from lamb ragu spaghetti to duck breast and a black, inky squid pasta. Quantity was just right, and the flavors were wonderful.Special Features:
- Great FindFooshDined on 12/2/2013Looked for a special place to take someone special. This restaurant fit the bill very nicely. Outstanding menu and preparation of food. The food was delicious and superb. Two concerns. First, it was a cool night but I wasn't aware until arriving at the restaurant that as I booked through Open Table, I wasn't offered Indoor or Outdoor for a seating option. I would have chosen indoor. We dined outdoors with the heater and it worked nicely. Indoors, the noise level was quite high. Outdoors was nice. Second is that appears there were only two servers so service was a little slow. Other than that, I would go back again, dine outdoors, and get a little warmer night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Review by DonKathyVIPDined on 12/2/2013Food & Service Top rated. Noise level to high - need to dampen by adding wall cover etc. Also need 1/2 bottles of high end wine (a must) Wine by the glass from open bottles should be child to correct temp, wine left from previous day breakdown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great.SteveVIPDined on 11/30/2013Everything was good.However not great.we enjoyed the Bronzino and the fresh vegetables. Burrata was like every other place in town. No bread service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed resultsshimagnoloDined on 11/29/2013Food was outstanding. Had 2 glasses of the Delas Cote de Ventoux wine which was cheapest on the list but excellent. Noise level prevented casual conversation. Hard bottomed, straight back chair hurt my back.Special Features:
- A great dining experiencereviewDined on 11/29/2013A changing menu with elegant but simple dishes. Excellent service, a cool drink list that highlights the many ways to use bitters and a frequently changing wine list are constants. The menu changes often, but they should keep the marscapone ice cream with figs on the desert menu. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. Hostile hostessunderwhelmedVIPDined on 11/29/2013This was my third visit in the last two weeks. I really like this place. The food, ambiance and service were excellent. On a chilly night the hostess insisted that OpenTable reservations meant you were to be seated outside the restaurant. Impossible position made worse by a hostile attitude. Mr. Osso seated us inside. An attitude adjustment is in order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is as good as themarkcDined on 11/27/2013The food is as good as the reviews suggest - distinctive and excellent. My problem was being treated like an outsider in a room of insiders. The restaurant was not over-crowded; the Open Table booking options showed a table at half hour intervals for the entire evening. We booked. But when we got there, they told us there was no room for us unless we would sit outside (on a cold evening). We protested, noting our reservation; and an embarrassed employee apologized, telling us that all had been fine until "one of the owners called and started changing things around".Special Features:
- Such potential, too bad!WashopefulDined on 11/27/2013This is a great spot tucked away in Old Town that has great potential, this might not be the right restaurant and certainly not the right staff to make the best of it! The food is the only element with potential, so hopefully the (when and if) new owners take over, they'll have access to the recipes or keep one of the chefs on for a week or two...
- Trendy but just so so.RichVIPDined on 11/23/2013Nice place, love the atmosphere. But suggest you stay for an appetizer and drink and then eat elsewhere. Food was so so, service was amateurish at best. Definitely better high end places to spend your hard earned money.
- Loved that room was intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/23/2013Loved that room was intimate yet energized. Liked the craft drink tenders and what they were wearing! The service was great and the food fabulous. I dined with a big foodie friend who dines often in New York and he just loved it! We have nothing that even comes close to how cool this restaurant is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and hadChefshawnDined on 11/22/2013The food was good and had great flavors, but the plates seemed cold and the food was not very hot. Overall we enjoyed the restaurant. We were also told that the only available time for a Reso was 5:30pm, so we came in then. We sat in an empty dining room for over half an hour, thinking to ourselves why we're we forced to come in so early. That was uncomfortable for a little while. By the time we left the restaurant it was a full dining room. We will try them again soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED ITdiningVIPDined on 11/21/2013THIS IS NOW MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN SCOTTSDALE!! WOW!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Craft on DisplaybarbaraVIPDined on 11/19/2013An array of creative dishes using fine ingredients attractively presented makes a welcome dining experience. Menu changes will keep it freshSpecial Features:
- Terrific Sunday Brunch !!!WillymyVIPDined on 11/17/2013We went to Virtu for my wife's birthday and we're not disappointed. The menu is very diverse and the ingredients fresh. We both had skillet meals and they were delicious. Would definitely recommend and will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Virtu Honest Craft is a winnerProfTimDined on 11/16/2013This restaurant is another Valley gem. It belongs in the top five or six restaruants. It's quality high class food presentation belies its casualness. The grilled octopus was sensational and so was the grilled asparagus with duck egg. My wife and i split the massive 32 oz Prime rib steak. it was one of the finest steaks I have ever had and made for a great sunday lunch too!Special Features:
- Virtu-ally perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2013Soon after Virtu opened, it seemed as though it was the only place that anyone was talking about. We were hosting an out-of-town guest and wanted to be sure to provide him a memorable meal and experience before returning home to Atlanta. Our night was fantastic...we enjoyed a few signature cocktails before being seated, each very different, but all very good. The menu had us oo-ing and ah-ing, so much so that it was difficult to make a decision, as everything sounded fantastic. 6 weeks later we are still talking about our meal which included: Octopus, Grilled Asparagus (starters), Scallops, Flat Iron Steak & Pork Rib Chop (entrees). We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food; creative mixtureDickDined on 11/15/2013very good food; creative mixture of tastes and textures. Much too noisy inside for my tastes and age but outside better; off beaten path--quiet area; would try again,lunch particularly since only had dinner; probably less noisy during week (there on a Friday).Special Features:
- Top notch!smurphDined on 11/15/2013Went upon reading local and national reviews of the restaurant. It certainly lives up to the great reviews. The scallops were perfectly prepared and delicious. The pork rib was generous and equally delicious. Enjoyed the white and dark chocolate creme brulees. We liked the intimacy of the place, although there is plenty of seating for patio dining as well. A perfect meal for our 35th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New RestaurantLisaMVIPDined on 11/14/2013We really enjoyed Virtu. The food was outstanding - particularly the Grilled Octopus and the Steak Tartare. We had the Tuna, the Halibut, the Scallops and the Pork Chop. All were excellent. The only criticism is that the service was quite slow. It was very cordial, but slow. The Chef spent some time with friends at the table next to ours, but ideally, should have come by our table of 6, which would have been a nice touch. We hope the restaurant makes it, as it is a great addition, but it is a little off the beaten path, so you have to know where to find it. The outside tables looked lovely and the windows of the restaurant opened to the outside. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My second time at VirtuRrosenwaldDined on 11/13/2013As excellent as the first. Innovative but not crazy and excellent preparation. I look forward to the changing menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoritemjsdDined on 11/9/2013What a great place tucked in the middle of old town scottsdale. Great location, to die for food and drink and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed with VirtuSherylVIPDined on 11/9/2013Lighting in the restaurant is much too bright. There were lots of empty tables when we arrived, and for some reason the hostess made us wait. Which was okay. So we went to the little bar, and found out they had no Jack Daniels. Not a good start. We were seated at a nice outside table. But the restaurant is going to have to invest in heat lamps, as it started getting very chilly. The octopus appetizer is very, very good. The burrata very disappointing. Pork tenderloin entrée was okay. Pork chop was very good. All in all, the restaurant is too expensive for what we got.Special Features:
- Outstandingly delicious with classKarenHVIPDined on 11/8/2013Rarely a restaurant does everything right. Virtu does. Excellent food, appropriate services, great wine selection, well designed intimate but comfortable space, knowledgeable fellow diners... If only I could eat there everydaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance & foodDrliciousVIPDined on 11/8/2013Delicious food, good service, passable wine list, great craft cocktails, great outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fair settingSkipDined on 11/7/2013We've made two visits to Virtu, the second prompted by the beyond excellent food at the first visit. The second trip did not disappoint. The first time the fish special was delectable and the flatiron steak at visit 2 was perfect. All was served with wonderful starters (don't miss the octopus) and the desserts are special. The meals were served by a most competent, courteous and friendly staff. On the negative side the noise level was unacceptable. Though the noise was still annoying, an outside table saved our evening. Inside would have been impossible. Still, Virtu is a must for Scottsdale visitors and residents alike. It's a little hard to find and we'll worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHawthornmanDined on 11/5/2013We ate here a couple of weeks ago and had a really lovely meal. This time we were disappointed. The starters were tasty but the mains were disappointing. However, I would still recommend the restaurant as it may well have been our food choices. I feel I must remark on the service though. It was poor. There were plenty of staff but yet so inefficient. Firstly we were ignored on arrival whilst 2 members of staff were chatting to another diner. Then when we ordered pre dinner drinks, we had to wait about 10 mins before they arrived, by which time our starters arrived. We therefore then requested our wine, which arrived during our main course! The staff were pleasant enough, but overall a silly drink system.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor diningAnnhVIPDined on 11/3/2013It is a nice restaurant in old town Scottsdale. The food was good but not outstanding. It was char grilled. But the service was good and so was the ambiance. All in all it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The cuisine at Virtu is magnificentcarryonVIPDined on 11/1/2013The cuisine at Virtu is magnificent. Our party tried four different lunch entrees plus a salad and a shared dessert. EVERYTHING was a masterpiece!Special Features:
- All goodCraigVIPDined on 10/31/2013Vibe, Svc and food rock,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stupdendous!BobCDined on 10/30/20134 of us went for dinner and had an absolutely wonderful meal. Food was creative and every dish significantly exceeded expectations. Service was great, the server very accommodating and knowledgeable. A small room, very pleasant, we will definitely go back and recommend it to others. You won't be unhappy. The pork chop is awesome, and unlike anything you've had by that name before! Grilled octopus was great. Wine list was varied and sensible. You owe it to yourself to go.Special Features:
- Did not meet expectationsbonvivantDined on 10/29/2013Presentation was beautiful. Unfortunately the pretty plates did not make up for my overcooked and bland entree of squid ink pasta with grilled octopus. The waiter asked no questions as he removed the barely touched plate - and promptly presented the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most notableOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/28/2013Our nomination for one of the 5 best restaurants in the US!!! Outstanding food, presentation, and knowledgeable wait staff that is particularly friendly. Plus great cocktails. Truly an exceptional find.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, lovely ambienceTopRealtorDined on 10/25/2013My friend and I tried this restaurant during restaurant week and were extremely impressed. However the two subsequent times I've dined here have been even better. The octopus appetizer and scallops are two stand-outs. I loved the beet and butternut squash salad as well. The patio is lovely and quiet and the service is usually excellent although this time we had a different server who was barely courteous and not willing to go the extra mile. Despite this one glitch, we will definitely be back again... and again.Special Features:
- Will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/24/2013Chef puts his heart and soul into menu; paying attention to truly honest, seasonal ingredients.Special Features:
- Amazing lunchGigiVIPDined on 10/24/2013We love this restaurant ! The food is fabulous ! Everything is creative, amazing and fresh ! The setting is enjoyable and unique ! We loved our meal and our experience at Virtu ! Please try it ! You will love it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- virtùreviewDined on 10/23/2013This is an amazing restaurant with a changing menu. They are passionate and deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute delightPM480Dined on 10/18/2013Dined in Virtu, what a fantastic find, great food, service and menu. Will definitely be back.Would give it 6 stars if I couldSpecial Features:
- FabulouspapajayDined on 10/17/2013We had a fabulous time. Great on all counts. Can"t wait to take out of town guests.Special Features:
- Virtu Virtues... and lack thereofVitaVIPDined on 10/15/2013Virtu was hard to find, but worth the visit. Excellent entrée choices and presentation and preparation. But on a busy Tuesday night, two waitresses couldn't keep up with customer requirements -- one hour to get an appetizer and another hour for entrees. But worth another try later when, hopefully, they will have their act togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.