Virtu Honest Craft
3701 N Marshall Way
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Virtu Honest Craft
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.virtuscottsdale.com/
- Phone: (480) 946-3477
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
For parties of 7 or more please contact the restaurant at 480-946-3477
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gio Osso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full-service catering is available; please call for information.
- Cross Street: 2nd St
- Public Transit: Scottsdale's Loloma Station is just 50 yards north of Virt.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking along Marshall Way is available, as well as evening parking at Scottsdale Artists' School across the street. Overnight parking is not permitted at the school, but is permissible along Marshall way.
A word from Virtu Honest Craft
Chef Gio Osso’s intimate gathering spot is tucked inside Old Town Scottsdale’s Bespoke Inn, where his menu features contemporary cuisine inspired by his Mediterranean roots and global influences. Simply dubbed "honest craft," Chef Gio's menu changes weekly, and is comprised of reliable and satisfying mainstays like homemade pastas, hearty meat dishes and superb seafood. Join us for lunch or dinner seven days a week or brunch on the weekends inside our cozy dining room for 30 guests, or enjoy a delightful Arizona evening on our beautifully lit patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Virtu Honest Craft - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Virtu Honest Craft reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)great for outdoor dining (89)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (67)romantic (59)notable wine list (29)hot spot (27)great for brunch (22)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- excellent food and serviceLee123VIPDined on 11/22/2014this was my third visit to Virtu and will definitely not be my last. this time we got to sit outside on the Patio, it was delightful. Service has always been exceptional and this visit was no different. Our sever suggested we try something different from the last times we were there. We all ventured out and tried new dishes and were not disappointed. The food was amazing, great flavors, great presentation and perfect portions. I will definitely keep going back to Virtu and recommend to any one that they visit there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DiningbbenVIPDined on 11/12/2014Wonderful every time! Chef is very creative with vegetarian options upon request. Love the Branzino (Mediterranean Sea Bass) which has been consistently on the menu. Sat outside under the trees and it was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- remains a favoritesdbrownieDined on 11/10/2014We've been to this quaint restaurant 3-4 times, and continue to be pleased. Each time we try to entertain different friends, and they are always blown away. While the menu is a challenge to understand, the wait-staff always explains is clearly, and when the taste level is higher than expected......we smile again. This place is well worth visiting.Special Features:
- FriendlyKatrinDined on 11/5/2014Exagerated reviews ONE of 20 best restaurant in USA. Small bistro with outdoor, very good place with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitress2014dinercavecreekVIPDined on 11/4/2014waitress was not very pleasant..and we were never offered dessert or coffee refills..we ordered both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2014Found this spot last minute in Yelp. What a score! Felt like a tucked away Paris bistro. Perfect romantic spot for a quiet lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014FABULOUS!!!!!!! Food extra special, ambiance beautiful and charming, Loved it and will definately be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New fav inScottsdalemadgeypooDined on 10/28/2014I have dined here three times, once for an anniversary dinner and twice for brunch, and the food and service just gets better and better (and it was pretty great to begin with). I love that the menu changes with what is in season, the respect for locally-sourced vegetables, the lovely-but-not overwhelming wine list, the intimate but energetic setting, the fact they take reservations, and the delicious, creative food. The char-grilled octopus and the vegetable crepe are among my favorite dishes. For dessert this week I enjoyed a chocolate-hazelnut mousse that I continue to dream about. I urge diners to go with a group for brunch and try multiple items, just for the opportunity to sample this chef's range.Special Features:
- Perfect Tasting Menu DinnerEverythingPeacockDined on 10/25/2014Setup a dinner at Virtu during our recent visit to Scottsdale and could not have been happier with the entire experience . Requested an eight course tasting menu with wine pairing prior to arriving and they accommodated all of our needs. Service was friendly and informative as each course arrived with generous portions. Highlights included the most tender octopus we've ever had, beautiful beet salad and scallops dishes, and a Niman bistecca tagliata showstopper. One of the best meals we've had on our many trips and advise anyone visiting Scottsdale to experience it as well.Special Features:
- Disappointing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014This was the second time at Virtu. Whereas we really liked the first time, this time was disappointing in comparison. In particular, the starters were fine, but the main dishes were not: the pasta dish was bland and the pasta was undercooked even for Italian standards and the fish dish was unimpressive too. For this kind of money, there are better places in old town Scottsdale.Special Features:
- FunkyRschagrinVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great place, very creative and innovative. Would like to go for dinner but time ran out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to (high) expectations!EnceeDined on 10/23/2014Had Virtu on my list for some time, then a dinner get-together with dear friends presented a perfect weeknight opportunity (reservations are quite difficult on weekends). We sat outside, and it was a practically perfect experience, including the weather! Fun and clever cocktails; recommend the rhubarb-infused Ice Maiden. Grilled octopus: terrific. The burrata was the best I've ever had. The duck breast with forest mushrooms: outstanding. Husband loved the braised rabbit pasta dish. Service was both friendly and flawless The kitchen uses a light hand with sauces, which works given the focus on delicious flavor combination of ingredients. Can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014All was great including our food and service and a nice, comfortable patio space to enjoy the great weather. The entire staff was super friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mic4gdfdDined on 10/16/2014Staff very knowledgeable, interesting menu presentation, good food, comfortable atmosphere, will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/14/2014We recently stayed at the Bespoke Inn and had dinner at Virtu. What a great surprise to find such exciting and beautifully prepared food! Perfectly charred octopus, better than in Sicily and a lovely whole branzino with crisp skin and a perfect celeriac puree. Cocktails, desserts and service were top notch too.Special Features:
- Great surprise!TravelingFoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014What a wonderful restaurant. The service was on point & the food was fantastic. Great job Virtu! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great outdoor experience!sbafoodieDined on 10/11/2014It's hard to find a restaurant in Scottsdale with outdoor seating that isn't right next to a busy street. Virtu is off the beaten trail. Away from the craziness of Old Town. A restaurant for grown ups. Service was superb. Great wine and drink list. I wasn't thrilled with my dish. They happily brought out something else. The scallops. My husband had the pork chop which he loved. Looking forward to another evening here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must eat here spotJontVIPDined on 10/11/2014First off I have to say I've haven't had better food in Phoenix, and I've eaten at most if not all of the top-rated restaurants. The two of us had flawless meals from app to desert. Have the octopus app. It's great. We had the duck and the halibut for entrees. Great presentation, favors and a high degree of creativity. The service was great and the wait staff seemed to be enjoying themselves, adding to a pleasant atmosphere. It is a little noisy and there is some occasional smoke from the kitchen. Overlook those, for if you don't you miss one of the great Phoenix metro food experiences.Special Features:
- VirtufrequentomahadinerDined on 10/11/2014This is an amazing and unique culinary experience! Loved it! A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PortlanddnjsaariDined on 10/10/2014With a small kitchen, they offer a surprisingly innovative menu of dishes that you don't find at other restaurants -- sort of a foodie spot like you might find in Portland. The setting is pleasant and inviting, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Virtu A FaveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Virtu is an very pleasant experience - at the bar, in the restaurant and outside (when the weather is pleasant). The wine list is very good, if not extensive, well-selected variety. The food is wonderful and creative, can find decadent and healthy on the menu. I have enjoyed it every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMilaMeDined on 10/8/2014Great food, great cocktails. Waitress (short-haired blonde) kept calling me "sweetie" which I didn't like. I thought it was condescending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoBdaydinnerDined on 10/4/2014My wife took me here for my Birthday and it was great. The service was above expected, food portion size was good and flavor was excellent!!! Will be back and will send friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scottsdale GemChrisDined on 10/4/2014We have dined at Virtu several times and really appreciated the fine food, great service and lovely setting, especially on the patio. This evening was no exception and we had a wonderful time entertaining friends from Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JillyDined on 10/4/2014We had a couple of their specialty cocktails, both a bit sweet for me, even with careful ordering, but nothing was left behind. We shared 3 small plates, the grilled octopus, the burrata cheese and the pork rillette. All were just amazing. The flavor, the fresh ingredients and artful preparation was over the top. We wouldn't hesitate to go back!Special Features:
- Virtu is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2014Virtu is a lovely restaurant. Excellent dining experience from A-to-Z. Very interesting preparations. Excellent price for the level of food and service. The starters and Andres are is beautiful to look at as they were to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Virtu is THE Best in Town.daynaDined on 9/27/2014I have always had an outstanding experience at Virtu. Love the food - taste, presentation, creativity. Portions are very generous and there's always some element of surprise. I have been going to Virtu since it opened and am looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- MattKMattKDined on 9/26/2014Virtú exceeded our expectations once again! This place is great! I recommend Virtú for anyone looking for excellent food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've had in a LONG timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014I think it's the quality of ingredients and the thoughtfulness in how they are put together that makes this place so wonderful. The menu challenges the way you might think about some of the more "classic" dishes. It's an adventure so explore and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumbarbinarizonaDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed our Restaurant Week visit to Virtu with friends. None of us had been. Great service, wonderful menu and the food was divine. The evening was a bit warm for the doors to be open so it was a bit toasty inside, but looking forward to patio dining this winter.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great serviceLee123VIPDined on 9/24/2014This was my second visit to Virtu and it was just as exceptional as the first. Food is absolutely delicious along with exceptional service. From initial contact with a very pleasant Hostess, to a very knowledgeable waiter it was an great experience. Will definitely keep going back!Special Features:
- Best everEatsoutalotVIPDined on 9/24/2014Best food in Phoenix! The only great specialty Italian food around. We enjoyed every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant Week findchoosydinerDined on 9/21/2014We tried this restaurant because it was participating in Scottsdale Restaurant Week and we liked the menu offered. Presentation was amazing and every dish looked like it was pictured in Gourmet Magazine. More importantly, each dish we ordered was absolutely delicious. The chef used unusual ingredients for flavoring such as lavender flavored pannacotta which took the food to a higher level. The beet appetizer also tasted unusual due to the goat cheese curd and herbs that accompanied the beets. I recommend the restaurant highly and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Amazing Experienceklr831Dined on 9/20/2014Food, cocktails, and ambiance were all outstanding. One of the best dinner's we've had in awhile - and we eat out ALL the time!Special Features:
- Ct2azDined on 9/19/2014Went for restaurant week, 3 course prix fixe. For the appetizer, had the burrata, which was rich and creamy, and the rock shrimp- spicy, garlicky, and yummy, and served with an excellent tomato bread. Main courses of branzino, which was mild and delicious, and steak, well prepared, served with a celeriac puree and crispy spaghettini, very interesting. Chocolate hazelnut dessert was rich and delicious as well. Service was attentive and friendly, location charming and quaint. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Although I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the setting, the noise level made it almost impossible to have a conversation and the restaurant was not full. I would have to think long and hard about returning because of the difficulty in conversing with your dinner companions. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succulent!VandraVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wow - I'm so happy we found this place! Expect to be wowed by impeccable service and well-thought-out dishes. The only con: The menu is small but changes frequently. I wish it listed more entrees during lunch, but the juicy, thick grass-fed burger with cheese was divine. Plus, this is the first time I've requested medium-rare and the burger actually came out medium-rare. Impressive. The two salads we shared - heirloom tomato and the burrata salad - also left us swooning. Everything is so fresh and portioned appropriately. My friend ordered a chocolate dessert and claimed it was the best dessert she's had. Ever. She's 44, so that's a lot of desserts to compare it with. I live in Tucson, and I will drive another two hours to eat here.Special Features:
- Superb but not stuck upSuperK8Dined on 9/5/2014We had a lot of fun and enjoyed amazing specialty cocktails and unique, beautifully prepared food. It is now one of my top 5 favorite restaurants. Easily the best modern European style restaurant in Arizona.Special Features:
- food was good,WonderfulVIPDined on 8/31/2014but not as good as the first time we went (about 6 months ago). We ordered brioche, salads and two entrees, all of which were over salted. I like the atmosphere though and other than the saltiness, the restaurant is very trendy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Brunch13platesVIPDined on 8/24/2014Brunch at Virtu is quiet...very different than in the evening. The food is just as delicious and our server was friendly. Undecided on wines, she brought tastes of two with great descriptions on both. My husband had the peperonata hash...a hearty meal. I enjoyed the daily crepe. Espresso is rich and lemoncello nicely sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.