Virtu Honest Craft
3701 N Marshall Way
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Virtu Honest Craft
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.virtuscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4809463477x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
For parties of 7 or more please contact the restaurant at 480-946-3477
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gio Osso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full-service catering is available; please call for information.
- Cross Street: 2nd St
- Public Transit: Scottsdale's Loloma Station is just 50 yards north of Virt.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking along Marshall Way is available, as well as evening parking at Scottsdale Artists' School across the street. Overnight parking is not permitted at the school, but is permissible along Marshall way.
A word from Virtu Honest Craft
Chef Gio Osso’s intimate gathering spot is tucked inside Old Town Scottsdale’s Bespoke Inn, where his menu features contemporary cuisine inspired by his Mediterranean roots and global influences. Simply dubbed "honest craft," Chef Gio's menu changes weekly, and is comprised of reliable and satisfying mainstays like homemade pastas, hearty meat dishes and superb seafood. Join us for lunch or dinner seven days a week or brunch on the weekends inside our cozy dining room for 30 guests, or enjoy a delightful Arizona evening on our beautifully lit patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Virtu Honest Craft - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Virtu Honest Craft reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)great for outdoor dining (53)special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (45)romantic (39)great for brunch (21)hot spot (14)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (8)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Fine dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Although I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the setting, the noise level made it almost impossible to have a conversation and the restaurant was not full. I would have to think long and hard about returning because of the difficulty in conversing with your dinner companions. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succulent!VandraVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wow - I'm so happy we found this place! Expect to be wowed by impeccable service and well-thought-out dishes. The only con: The menu is small but changes frequently. I wish it listed more entrees during lunch, but the juicy, thick grass-fed burger with cheese was divine. Plus, this is the first time I've requested medium-rare and the burger actually came out medium-rare. Impressive. The two salads we shared - heirloom tomato and the burrata salad - also left us swooning. Everything is so fresh and portioned appropriately. My friend ordered a chocolate dessert and claimed it was the best dessert she's had. Ever. She's 44, so that's a lot of desserts to compare it with. I live in Tucson, and I will drive another two hours to eat here.Special Features:
- Superb but not stuck upSuperK8Dined on 9/5/2014We had a lot of fun and enjoyed amazing specialty cocktails and unique, beautifully prepared food. It is now one of my top 5 favorite restaurants. Easily the best modern European style restaurant in Arizona.Special Features:
- food was good,WonderfulVIPDined on 8/31/2014but not as good as the first time we went (about 6 months ago). We ordered brioche, salads and two entrees, all of which were over salted. I like the atmosphere though and other than the saltiness, the restaurant is very trendy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Brunch13platesVIPDined on 8/24/2014Brunch at Virtu is quiet...very different than in the evening. The food is just as delicious and our server was friendly. Undecided on wines, she brought tastes of two with great descriptions on both. My husband had the peperonata hash...a hearty meal. I enjoyed the daily crepe. Espresso is rich and lemoncello nicely sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was just oklolamadigan123VIPDined on 8/23/2014The service was schizophrenic – when the waiter was there and available, he was exceedingly friendly. He just never seemed to be available, was pretty late with drinks, and we were at a really small table so we actually bussed our own table by moving dirty plates to the table next to us.Special Features:
- VirtuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Nice place. Good wine list. Nice pour. After some adjustments to my wife's selected meal, all went well. Service is good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceNowthatsaspicymeatballDined on 8/23/2014Almost feels a little bohemian but with a touch of class. Excellent food and moderate pricing. Great little neighborhood place.Special Features:
- Fun ambience, disappointing foodAmuseeDined on 8/23/2014The bistro-like setting is warm and inviting even though the sound level became annoying at times. The appetizers really stand out - next time we may make a meal of them. The Ragu sauce on the spinach pasta lacked any seasoning, the roasted cauliflower on my branzino was cold, and the cassoulet with the smoked duck breast seemed not to fit. We will give it another chance, maybe not on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- A delightful findBillVIPDined on 8/22/2014We saw this in the local paper and went to try it out. It is outsatanding! My wife liked the octipus and I liked the portobello grilled cheese. The menu is limited but that is good as what is on the menu is very well preparedSpecial Features:
- Can't Go Wrong with Any Meal HerescottsdaleloriDined on 8/17/2014I have been to Virtu twice for dinner and this was my first time for brunch. There is never anything but positive things to say. Service is good, the atmosphere, whether inside the small space or outside on the patio, is lovely, and the food - you can never quite decide b/c all things on the menu sound good. We had the potato, peppers, and egg sandwich which was delicious and not too heavy or greasy. And we shared a veggie crepe which was enormous but ....I was able to eat my share of both dishes, plus all my fruit. Not to mention the yummy twist on a mimosa that they make. Can't go wrong here. Brunch for two was $54 total, tip, tax, and all. I thought it was well worth it!Special Features:
- Wonderful!EmmyDined on 8/16/2014Our party of four had a great dining experience here. The service was impeccable, and the food amazing! It was a repeat visit for my husband and I but our friends were first timers. They agreed we would all come back. The grilled octopus is one of my favorites, cooked perfectly and seasoned beautifully. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at VirtuMikery2Dined on 8/16/2014Super friendly and helpful staff. Exc meatball appetizer. Good short ribs. Superb scallops. Magnificent sticky toffee pudding cake for dessert. Virtu has a very interesting menu with lots of creative dishes. But this is a small room, with all hard surfaces. When it is 50% full it is extremely noisy. I am guessing that at peak dinner hours it is difficult to have a conversation across a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renovation disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014We went to just before they closed to renovate and loved the quiet ambience and menu. We returned on opening day and could not hear ourselves. Disappointed with the menu changes. One waitress kept swearing under her breathe of not being able to hear. It was a true disappointment, I am sorry to say
- Nice Brunchmitpaul1Dined on 8/3/2014Although they were closing that evening for a 2 week summer vacation/remodel the selections were sufficient and quality very good. Nice creative use of seasonings. Good beer and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and servicedreweDined on 8/1/2014Had possibly our best meal of 2014 (thus far) here. Very creative menu — the burrata appetizer w/ prosciutto & honey was incredible, and my flat iron steak was cooked perfectly. They also have unique cocktails that are made with lots of care. We had outstanding service and really enjoyed everything. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- tomlDined on 7/26/2014Had an excellent meal.Service was very good and very satisfied with the experience.Will plan to return in the future.Special Features:
- Heavenly MealAZLollyVIPDined on 7/24/2014We had the restaurant to ourselves at 5pm in July and took advantage of the chef's undivided attention. Delicately stuffed squash blossoms, grilled octopus, and burrata with deliciously charred bread just for starters. Then branzino and pork loin chop followed by an orgasmic chocolate sticky pudding. All the portion sizes were substantial. It's the quality of food we dream about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is there value for your money?WinstonVIPDined on 7/18/2014The kitchen crew behind Virtu does a good job even when the main chef Gio Osso is not around. The problem that our table experienced was lack of experience from our server who at times did not listen to the requests coming our table. The one head scratching component when leaving Virtu was did we receive value for our money? Yes the food quality and flavors are quite good, but the portions were small and the wine selection limited. Call me old fashion, but I expect a bit more for $75 dollars besides a quarter of appetizer, one entree, a quarter of a dessert and two glasses of wine. So, one leaves Virtu with quality of food but not quantity of consumption while saying to oneself...was this value for your money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious - but mind where you sitlindalqianDined on 7/12/2014The food and drinks were amazing (this was my second visit), but we were seated at an outdoor table - which in July, is something you need to prepare for. The inside of the restaurant was very loud. The hostess did try to call me ahead of time to let me know about the outdoor seating. I would definitely come back, when the weather is cooler.Special Features:
- virtuannazVIPDined on 7/12/2014maybe because it's summer but our party of 4, who have loved Virtu this time were very disappointed and underwhelmed. The delicious pork chop of several months ago is now breaded, flattened, fried served with salad greens..& dry. I must have misread what was on the menu. I want to return to try again, but dont know if other diners will join me. Also, the "steak dish" was minuscule. Desserts were good.Special Features:
- Excellent food again!jjphxVIPDined on 7/9/2014Always have a great meal. Need to try some other appetizers besides the Octopus but it's outstanding. The presentation of the scallops and sides that come with it are perfect balance. Small bistro is charming but very loud with full restaurant and too bad they can't dim lights. Still our number one place in Phoenix/Scottsdale though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Will Want to Lick Your PlategitlawVIPDined on 7/5/2014Every dish is inspired and delightful. We love Chef Gio and the smaller size of Virtu allows each and every dish coming out of the kitchen to be perfectly prepared per order. And the wine prices are reasonable considering this is Scottsdale! Lots of free parking, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in ScottsdaleMidwest2VIPDined on 7/3/2014We have been to Virtu 4 or 5 times now and each visit has a new and unique menu which makes this special, and each time the food is flawless both in terms of presentation and taste. Our daughter and son-in-law were visiting from NYC. When we see them we sample great New York restaurants, they consider Virtu as matching some of the best of NYC. Service was attentive, drinks are creative, menu items worth your time and attention. Mark this as one of the best in the Phoenix metro area.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesazappleVIPDined on 7/3/2014This was our fourth time here. Each time the food is terrific...interesting, creative and delicious. I had the duck last night and I am trying to figure out how soon I can get back for more. We invited some friends, one of whom is not a foodie. Did not realize it until we picked them up. Was worried, but her agreed to be a bit adventurous. We shared the asparagus, calamari, and asparagus, and he had the branzino. He ate all of his, part of his wife's, then asked when he could come back. We dined early since it can get pretty loud later.Special Features:
- Eh...grtmealVIPDined on 6/30/2014Service has greatly improved. Noise level is almost intolerable. No misters outside so not a reasonable summer option. Food was tasty but way over salted
- Amazingatldiner90VIPDined on 6/28/2014We had been wanting to go here for a while. It was an amazing meal and certainly worth the wait. We had a variety of appetizers including the burrata and asparagus with duck egg- both wonderful. They had a mussels special that night that was outstanding. We did scallops and pasta carbonara for entrees and all were excellent. We are still dreaming of the sticky toffee cake for dessert. Probably one of the top three desserts I have ever had. Service was outstanding as well. Overall, an amazing meal!!Special Features:
- DeliciousRestaurantfanVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very small menu but everything we tried was amazing. Especially fantastic desserts and gelato.Special Features:
- Truly Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/26/2014The best restaurant that we've visited in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for the recommendationcia85044Dined on 6/21/2014A friend of ours recommended the restaurant. Great recommendation. Food was great... Wine list was small but still had a good selection with some reasonable prices. Definitely will be back. My only complaint... I was not aware at the time of our reservation nor until we walked in that I had to request inside seating! Normally sitting out in the patio would not bother me... but now being summer time, the restaurant hold have advised us that our reservation would have us sitting on the patio... The meal would have been even more enjoyable. A misting system would be nice or I will wait to come back in the winter season.Special Features:
- Seriously great food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014... being seated outside on a hot night in June certainly detracted. Even though we were in the shade and it was early evening (7:15 reservation), it was still over 100 degrees outside. When I made the reservation on Open Table I had no idea we would have to sit outside. By the end of the meal we were rushing to get out of there to get back to air conditioning! That having been said, this really is seriously good food. The "chef's snack" of pork rillette, whipped feta, and various pickled items was one of the best things I've eaten this year.Special Features:
- WheelerWheelerDined on 6/17/2014I know it is not high season but that is no reason not to have an adequate wine stock or certain items not available at a restaurant of this calibre. Nothing was done about it . Also nothing was done concerning my husband' birthday. We were at the Mission and they were more enthusiastic and we have been staying at the Bespoke Inn and Cafe for our third night and eaten at virtu how many times.....Special Features:
- Pretty darned goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Burrata....vegetables, ambiance, friendliness... (thumbs up) ....veal rack a bit tough, too much chili oil on app (thumbs down)....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanDeeDined on 6/14/2014Great waitress. The starters were very good, with some variety. Our main courses were all real good, except the pork chop which was very pedestrian. Overall a very nice spot, we are sure to be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary dinnerlovedatenightDined on 6/7/2014We went to Virtu for our 8th anniversary. We sat outside, under the garden lights. It was very romantic and quiet. The staff was very knowledgeable and attentive. We had the nicoise for an appetizer which was incredible. The main dishes were good. But the toffee pudding dessert was amazing. Drinks were great too. We will definitely be back for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful outdoor dininglocalsDined on 6/4/2014Love, love this place for food and ambience. Unfortunately, when the inside is full, it can get quite noisy; however, dining outside is wonderful with a cool little patio and the best waitstaff in town! Food is incredible!Special Features:
- Hidden secret in ScottsdaleRacerXDined on 6/3/2014Excellent restaurant! I will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:
- RelaxingRecommendDined on 6/1/2014Excellent location and quiet find....Patio would be great in cool evingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The experience was disappointing,hadagoodtimeDined on 5/31/2014the noise level was high to the point a conversation was difficult. the service was slow and the waiter seemed disinterested. We felt cramped as the tables were too close together. I had the Ahi tuna and it was average while my wife at the pork item on the menu and it looked and tasted like a Shake and Bake receipe. I would not recommend this establishment.
- Feeling a bit rushedThediningcoupleDined on 5/31/2014The food was great and the ambience was fine. We went to the restraint on the recommendation of friends. The entire meal felt rushed like they were just trying to turn the table over quickly. Our whole meal from a bottle of wine through the first courses and then main entree last about 50 minutes. I felt like we were catching a play in NYC. It was a shame that we could not enjoy this restaurant a little longer.Special Features: