2948 Clairmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30329Neighborhood:
Druid Hills / Emory
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.violetterestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 633-3363
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30pm - 2:30pm
Bar Happy Hour: Monday - Friday, 5 - 6:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Christophe Micou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Let us help you plan your birthday or anniversary party, wedding rehearsal dinner, or business luncheon. With as few as 20 guests, you can enjoy the use of one of Violette's private rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Belcher or Jonathon Huber 8669715672
- Entertainment: Violette offers live music every night we're open from approximately 7 to 9PM: Solo pianists perform on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. A jazz duo plays Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
- Special Events: Violette offers half-price bottles of wine on Tuesday evenings, quarterly wine-tasting dinners, as well seasonal prix-fixe menus, a special multi-course dinner on Valentine's Day, and a Mothers' Day brunch.
- Cross Street: Clairmont/I-85
- Public Transit: We are on MARTA bus line 19, which runs between Chamblee and Decatur stations.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The entrance to our parking lot sits between the Park Central office tower and the Holiday Inn Express, 1/4 mile West of Intersate 85. Our building, a one story gray structure, sits back from the street, so we are easy to pass by! We offer valet parking at lunch and most dinners, as well as a limited number of self-park spaces. There is overflow parking in the gravel lot at the entrance to the Clairmont Apartments.
A word from Violette
Violette Restaurant offers classic French cuisine at affordable prices, a full bar, and an extensive wine list. With an atmosphere exuding warmth and charm, live music 5 nights a week, and friendly service, Violette is the place for an intimate dinner or a festive celebration. The restaurant has a tree-covered patio for "al fresco" dining and two large party rooms for private functions. We are Brookhaven's best-kept-secret.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Violette reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (39)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (26)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Sad things have changedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014After years of enjoying. I was very disappointed with recent visit. Service was very slow 2 of our party had to send back their food. I ordered vegetable plate and got pasta. 1 of out group had a good steak everything else was a bust.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014We had a group of 10 people. The waiter hardly showed up at our table although the restaurant was not busy. We didn't get menus till about an hour after we all arrived. As a result we didn't get any food until 2 hours after arrival. We were all starving. I don't think I have ever seen such non-existent service in a restaurant before. We felt completely ignored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday for WifeJLPGolferDined on 11/20/2014We tried this restaurant because it was close to the Marriott. The food was outstanding and our server, even though very busy with other tables, was courteous and very efficient. We had cocktails at the bar before dinner and were pleased with service, conversation,and drinks.Prices were moderate and the wine list had reasonable prices. My only concern was the charge for a small desert that we were brought as it was my wife's birthday. It wasn't the money but the fact I thought it was complementary as we really are not desert people Overall it was a great night and we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Excellent food and service! What a beautiful restaurant! And the food was delicious!! The house wine was ok! Maybe the next time y will order another one. Dint expect much about this place because i hadnt heard about it! But i will go back again! Scallops were great! And the filet mignon! Absolutly deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpretentious good food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2014I had the poulet farci which was very good and prepared with a slightly crisp coating but very tender inside. The chocolate mousse was excellent and substantial. Nice wine list with French varietals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous French FareGandCVIPDined on 11/11/2014Incredibly consistent, you couldn't ask more of this long time neighborhood classic. The tradition of treating customers like guests in a home continues, and the food remains delicious. It's like a visit to a favorite French aunt for dinner...except this one has a jazz trio (a quartet the last time we went, with a terrific singer, and she was on fire). A competent bar, good wine list, enthusiastic service and efficient valet round out the experience to keep us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Out Night a Real Foodie ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014The decor was so comfortable and pleasureable The Service from Valet to Hostess to Server a ..10+ The Food was Extrodinary,cooked to perfection! The Wine List was exceptional The music was just right All and All a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Violette's 11/8/14 dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Sad to say, this was not a good experience. we are long time customers, and were celebrating 2 birthdays. The food was served warm, not hot enough. A steak was served well done, not med. rare as ordered. Compensation was offered for the steak, but it just made for a disappointing evening. We had to ask for water refills. Coffee was luke warm, no refills offered on coffee.
- Wonderful DinnerPickyeatersDined on 11/8/2014We have eaten at Violette several times and every event is a wonderful occassion of splendid food and superb service in a pleasant atmosphere. This time was no exception. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- Violette Bears RepeatingPAXPORTDined on 11/7/2014I have dined at Violette several times now, with business associates, another couple and most recently as a couple with my wife. I've never been disappointed with the food or service. The location is easy to miss, especially at night but the search is worth it. And, the "icing on the cake" is live musical entertainment. We have recommended Violette and the reports have always come back glowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Though the decor is not fancy, I love the low lights, fresh flowers and live piano music. The food is good and reasonably priced and the atmosphere memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieJDined on 10/24/2014The food was fantastic and the piano player was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ViolettejffrDined on 10/17/2014In our neighborhood, Violette has become the place we go for birthdays and notable meals. I will keep coming because it has been a pleasing gem that I want to continue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambianceGourmetettesVIPDined on 10/17/2014This small restaurant always gives us a warm and cozy feeling, from the textured walls and artwork on the walls, to the garden view outside. We enjoyed our seafood entrees - my husband ate the swordfish with pesto/seafood sauce, and I enjoyed the trout with vegetables/rice. We shared a cream brulee infused with lavender dessert. The food is consistently delicious, and the piano player was superb.Special Features:
- Great place for a business meetingcandicemarie86Dined on 10/17/2014We had lunch here for a business meeting on a Friday afternoon. It wasn't too crowded and the noise level was perfect. Service was great!Special Features:
- tapaloverDined on 10/7/2014Made a reservation for 8 French adult( beginner ) students , asked to be seated away from the main dining room . Our waiter was patient , very helpful, good natured and spoke French! which made everybody happy ! Their first experience of conversation outside the classroom was a success ! Merci Jonathon for a great evening !Special Features:
- Simply good tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014I have been eating here for close to 30 years, and have never been disappointed. I think it has been the same manager the entire time, and the style is distinctly french. The piano player is tasteful. Vegetarians may find it disappointing, but it is possible for them to get through. Mostly it is well prepared meat and fish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014This was a first-time experience, and everything was delightful and delectable. Exceeded expectations.Special Features:
- DisappointedCarolynVIPDined on 9/30/2014This has always been one of my favorite restaurants but the food was not what it had been. Quiche was bland, mostly eggs & the rolls that have always been delicious, were not edible. First time I have been disappointed in Violettes, sad to say.Special Features:
- Fine Litle RestauarntMarcoDined on 9/29/2014Our fourth visit, and the place did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodPeteDined on 9/26/2014Violette is always a treat to eat at. Excellent menu choices, well prepared and served.Special Features:
- Worth the driveQualityfoodloverDined on 9/18/2014Living "OTP" we have few nice unique places to dine where I feel the food is better than what I can make at home. Violette has been a dependable solution for special occasions for quite some time. your on line reservation/invitation system is like "gold". It alone makes my decision easy for treating friends and relatives! They are so impressed with the invitation!! On my last visit, I invited one friend for her birthday lunch and you, without my prompting, discretely brought her a chocolate moose dessert with a candle lit in it in a beautiful martini glass! The waitress sang "Happy Birthday" very discretely and she loved it!! Thanks so much for the magic of Drivivg 25 miles one way is worth it :-) BonnieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I enjoy so much about Violette. We enjoy the specialty cocktails, moderate wine list, consistently good food, cheerful staff and the dinner music. It's a comfortable place for us to go, dressed up or dressed down, for an enjoyable evening. The food always has some flair to it that is very pleasant. We have shared Violette with friends and they have all been charmed by the restaurant. Bon Appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at VioletteDinnerGuyDined on 9/6/2014I went with my wife for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The food was fantastic and really about the best food you could eat. We had the stuffed chicken breast and a salad and creme burlee which was great! Service was pleasant and helpful We'd go back in a second. In fact we will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Memorable Anniversary!GardeniaDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary with a memorable dinner at this hidden treasure. The Shrimp Bisque, Saumon au Vouray (with black truffle whipped cream), Napolean Vivaneau, creme brûlée and chocolate mousse were each excellently prepared and presented. The pianist was talented with an impressive repertoire. The host and server were welcoming and gracious. The modest outside setting conceals a tastefully and uniquely appointed interior.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Good food, good service. We left completely satisfied, and we will returnSpecial Features:
- ViolettelovegreatsteaksDined on 8/29/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful evening at Violette. The food and service were excellent! The piano player added a nice touch to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripQualityfoodloverDined on 8/28/2014I live "OTP" and this unique restaurant is well worth the drive for a food experience not duplicated at home. This is an ideal way to treat a friend or family member. The overall high quality sends a message to those being treated that is well worth the $$$'s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 8/27/2014LONG times between courses, food not prepared to order and all the checks came out wrong. An off night perhaps but it will be a long time before giving a second chance.
- SimplePleasuresDined on 8/26/2014Jennifer is one of the best and always takes great care of her guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful dining experience. Food was fantastic. Our waiter was so attentive. I will be sure to go back to try all the entrees. My daughters and I had a marvelous time.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualtlizzieDined on 8/13/2014This is a favorite special occasion spot, but the food and service was not up to par. The medium rare steak order arrived done as did the lamb chops. My Mom asked for the sauce to be removed from her plate (she didn't realize there would be so much) and the plate returned just like it started. On a second try it wasn't much better. The waiter disappeared for long periods at a time with her food. We had to flag him down for water refills. There were very few people in the restaurant as it was early so the lack of attentiveness to basic tasks was even more frustrating.
- Great findMarkDined on 8/4/2014This was our first time at Violette but will definitely not our last one. The food was great with generous portions. The server was attentive but not intrusive. We were pleasantly surprised when we received our bill because we had eaten all the food we wanted for an extremely reasonable price. We have already recommended this place to others.Special Features:
- The following 782 reviews are from the Violette reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We had a group of 11 Red Hatters for lunch. The service was fabulous and our group was accommodated beautifully. We can sometimes be problematic, with our separate checks and the like, but that was just taken in stride by our server. The food was delicious, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy it more each time I go!KathyDined on 7/22/2014Food is wonderful and service is always perfect - must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I have been going to Violette for years. Sadly, we will not be going back. My favorite dish use to be Salad Gruyere. This time, my Salad Gruyere was Salad Swiss, not even close to Gruyere. The Beef Bourguignon was dry and my husband's Steak Au Poivre was small for the price. The waiter was great, but the food was not even close to being worth the price.
- AtldeuceVIPDined on 7/14/2014Good food but the location and building are awfully low rentI would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMarcoDined on 7/14/2014Our second visit, and it did not disappoint. Beautiful setting, wonderful food, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BeawareDined on 7/11/2014Always a pleasant experience and especially enjoy the piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014What a nice evening you can have here! It's my go to place when I've had a bad day. I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.