2948 Clairmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30329Neighborhood:
Druid Hills / Emory
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.violetterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4046333363x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30pm - 2:30pm
Bar Happy Hour: Monday - Friday, 5 - 6:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Christophe Micou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Let us help you plan your birthday or anniversary party, wedding rehearsal dinner, or business luncheon. With as few as 20 guests, you can enjoy the use of one of Violette's private rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Belcher or Jonathon Huber 8669715672
- Entertainment: Violette offers live music every night we're open from approximately 7 to 9PM: Solo pianists perform on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. A jazz duo plays Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
- Special Events: Violette offers half-price bottles of wine on Tuesday evenings, quarterly wine-tasting dinners, as well seasonal prix-fixe menus, a special multi-course dinner on Valentine's Day, and a Mothers' Day brunch.
- Cross Street: Clairmont/I-85
- Public Transit: We are on MARTA bus line 19, which runs between Chamblee and Decatur stations.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The entrance to our parking lot sits between the Park Central office tower and the Holiday Inn Express, 1/4 mile West of Intersate 85. Our building, a one story gray structure, sits back from the street, so we are easy to pass by! We offer valet parking at lunch and most dinners, as well as a limited number of self-park spaces. There is overflow parking in the gravel lot at the entrance to the Clairmont Apartments.
A word from Violette
Violette Restaurant offers classic French cuisine at affordable prices, a full bar, and an extensive wine list. With an atmosphere exuding warmth and charm, live music 5 nights a week, and friendly service, Violette is the place for an intimate dinner or a festive celebration. The restaurant has a tree-covered patio for "al fresco" dining and two large party rooms for private functions. We are Brookhaven's best-kept-secret.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Violette reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (44)romantic (42)fit for foodies (37)great for lunch (34)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (11)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- our favorite local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I enjoy so much about Violette. We enjoy the specialty cocktails, moderate wine list, consistently good food, cheerful staff and the dinner music. It's a comfortable place for us to go, dressed up or dressed down, for an enjoyable evening. The food always has some flair to it that is very pleasant. We have shared Violette with friends and they have all been charmed by the restaurant. Bon Appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at VioletteDinnerGuyDined on 9/6/2014I went with my wife for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The food was fantastic and really about the best food you could eat. We had the stuffed chicken breast and a salad and creme burlee which was great! Service was pleasant and helpful We'd go back in a second. In fact we will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Memorable Anniversary!GardeniaDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary with a memorable dinner at this hidden treasure. The Shrimp Bisque, Saumon au Vouray (with black truffle whipped cream), Napolean Vivaneau, creme brûlée and chocolate mousse were each excellently prepared and presented. The pianist was talented with an impressive repertoire. The host and server were welcoming and gracious. The modest outside setting conceals a tastefully and uniquely appointed interior.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Good food, good service. We left completely satisfied, and we will returnSpecial Features:
- ViolettelovegreatsteaksDined on 8/29/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful evening at Violette. The food and service were excellent! The piano player added a nice touch to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripQualityfoodloverDined on 8/28/2014I live "OTP" and this unique restaurant is well worth the drive for a food experience not duplicated at home. This is an ideal way to treat a friend or family member. The overall high quality sends a message to those being treated that is well worth the $$$'s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 8/27/2014LONG times between courses, food not prepared to order and all the checks came out wrong. An off night perhaps but it will be a long time before giving a second chance.
- SimplePleasuresDined on 8/26/2014Jennifer is one of the best and always takes great care of her guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful dining experience. Food was fantastic. Our waiter was so attentive. I will be sure to go back to try all the entrees. My daughters and I had a marvelous time.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualtlizzieDined on 8/13/2014This is a favorite special occasion spot, but the food and service was not up to par. The medium rare steak order arrived done as did the lamb chops. My Mom asked for the sauce to be removed from her plate (she didn't realize there would be so much) and the plate returned just like it started. On a second try it wasn't much better. The waiter disappeared for long periods at a time with her food. We had to flag him down for water refills. There were very few people in the restaurant as it was early so the lack of attentiveness to basic tasks was even more frustrating.
- Great findMarkDined on 8/4/2014This was our first time at Violette but will definitely not our last one. The food was great with generous portions. The server was attentive but not intrusive. We were pleasantly surprised when we received our bill because we had eaten all the food we wanted for an extremely reasonable price. We have already recommended this place to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We had a group of 11 Red Hatters for lunch. The service was fabulous and our group was accommodated beautifully. We can sometimes be problematic, with our separate checks and the like, but that was just taken in stride by our server. The food was delicious, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy it more each time I go!KathyDined on 7/22/2014Food is wonderful and service is always perfect - must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I have been going to Violette for years. Sadly, we will not be going back. My favorite dish use to be Salad Gruyere. This time, my Salad Gruyere was Salad Swiss, not even close to Gruyere. The Beef Bourguignon was dry and my husband's Steak Au Poivre was small for the price. The waiter was great, but the food was not even close to being worth the price.
- AtldeuceVIPDined on 7/14/2014Good food but the location and building are awfully low rentI would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMarcoDined on 7/14/2014Our second visit, and it did not disappoint. Beautiful setting, wonderful food, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BeawareDined on 7/11/2014Always a pleasant experience and especially enjoy the piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014What a nice evening you can have here! It's my go to place when I've had a bad day. I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great French restaurantFoodieDined on 7/5/2014The food is great and the piano player was wonderful. Our server was attentive and we were a group of six. Would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightPatricklovesDined on 7/5/2014We drove from Athens, Ga to get away from the kids so we could have some us time, and this place was right next to a hotel which was great so we stayed overnight...Special Features:
- 70th2gals4rewiewDined on 7/2/2014A good time was had by all. This was a very special day for one of us and and I know we were all very pleased.Special Features:
- VioletteTnnsgr1Dined on 7/1/2014We were extremely disappointed in the food and service experience at Violette. Would definitely NOT recommend this restaurant
- Consistently ExcellentMikeKDined on 6/27/2014We dine at Violette several times each year... the menu continues to evolve --preserving some great classics (Salad Alsacienne) while reaching for new entrees -- especially fish, lamb, and pork choices. The service is always extraordinarly attentive and well informed. The wine list that contains so many extraordinary yet moderately priced French selections is a treasure in its own right. Never been there? Go!Special Features:
- Good service - courses inconsistentBeyondbordersDined on 6/27/2014The service for dinner was very patient and attentive while we talked much of the evening! Escargots were delicious in garlic butter sauce. Rack of lamb had much too much fat and was a disappointment. Won't order that again. May stick with the fish. Bordeaux red wine, by the glass, had a bit of a surprisingly bitter after-taste. I generally get along well with most bordeaux. C'est la vie, as they say in France. Valet parking is unnecessary but very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise.AaaaaaaDined on 6/23/2014We were stunned with each course we tasted. We found this restaurant by typing in French Cuisine on our phone. It was literally the finest meal we have had in years. Don't let the casual urban atmosphere or the quiet unassuming staff disguise the fact that you will experience authentic French cuisine at its finest. Every dish was perfectly seasoned and prepared. A favorite was the salmon spread. This was a real gem and well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good sd itd beenbobbyDined on 6/21/2014Been going here for years had the beef bourgenin and it wasn't as good as usual.wife had a chicken dish that was just ok maybe they just had an off nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New FavoriteMarcoDined on 6/21/2014After a couple of disappointments at a restaurant that we had frequented for twenty plus years, we decided to try Violette. Overall, the best meal, French or otherwise we've had in recent memory. Wonderfully prepared dishes, generous portions, fair prices, I could go on and on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMikeVIPDined on 6/18/2014Violette is a delightful neighborhood restaurant with a menu oriented towards French food, excellent service and a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- meeting spotlove2dineDined on 6/18/2014Our group of 8 women met for a meeting on a week night. The server was very accommodating, the restaurant was not too noisy for our meeting and the food, as usual, was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marshamarshaDined on 6/16/2014Our group of four who ordered "coq au vin" were very disappointed with our meal. I have had this particular meal a number of times when visiting this restaurant. It is a completely different taste, and did not appear to be cooked for hours in wine and flavors. It has always had a wonderfully developed flavor and I have never been disappointed until this past visit. My party and I would not order this dish again in it's current state. Something has changed, and not for the better
- Fabulous French local faveHabsDined on 6/14/2014Violette is a fabulous "authentic" French restaurant which makes me feel like I am sitting in a restaurant in Paris, just off the Tuilleries. Romantic, delicious, and not too expensive. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLynnDined on 6/13/2014I take special people here for birthdays and my husband and I enjoy romantic dinners at this wonderful restaurant. My friend and I enjoyed our lunch immensely and the service was perfect. Even though the restaurant was hosting a large event at the same time, we felt well taken care of throughout our lunch. The food is always fresh and well prepared. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent handling of a large groupLennyDined on 6/12/2014We had a large group for lunch, and Violette did an excellent job handling orders for 20+ people arriving and leaving at different times. The food was very nice. Thanks so much!Special Features:
- Sr Client Svs MgrBV0818Dined on 6/11/2014I would recommend to anyone for a business or surprise formal or birthday or meeting lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for special mealsHappyguestDined on 6/10/2014Good place for special occasions. Food and service reliably good and sometimes great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS a favorite!oneyedogDined on 5/30/2014WONDERFUL food, though inconsistent on what they do/don't have available. MY favorite, but not my partner's - wish they seemed to care more about consistency. Receptionist/host not particularly interested in satisfaction of clientele. Maybe does not have a vested interested in repeat business? Table reserved for special occasion that was unacknowledged :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at VioletteDennyDined on 5/29/2014The Caesar salad with grilled chicken had too much of a mildly flavored dressing. The chicken breast was OK. The $7.00 fruit cup for dessert was not fresh. The pineapple chunks had turned brown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat.PeteDined on 5/23/2014Violette can always be relied on for a very good meal. This time we opted for the Georgia trout Fillet de Truit, with Risotto and nicely sauteed squashes. The peach tarte was a disappointment--not a true tarte but more of a custard with a canned peach in it. Otherwise, excellent.Special Features:
- Great time!foodartDined on 5/21/2014We made reservations for 5 to celebrate a birthday. We were seated right away facing the outside dining area which is a very nice, peaceful setting (we have eaten outside on cooler days and it is very pleasant). All of us thought our food (5 different dishes) was very good and our server was attentive. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 754 reviews are from the Violette reviews archive.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Superb food, service, and ambiance. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.