Vinue Wine Bar
2817 E. 3rd Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Vinue Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.denverwinebar.net/
- Phone: (720) 287-1156
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Kevin King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vinue Wine Bar
An up scale contemporary bar that offers world cuisine gourmet small plates perfectly paired with a world wine tasting experience set in a warm inviting atmosphere, like one's own living room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vinue Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (16)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (7)romantic (7)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (4)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- just not that goodhobanDined on 10/18/2014The service was horrible and they were not that busy. The waiter expressed irritation that we did not want to do the debit card, serve-yourself wine deal. We just wanted a couple glasses and knew what we wanted. The food was less than marginal but I saw some other dishes that did look good, but ours were not. Fantastic wine list and if you want to get to know wine, it would be a great place.Special Features:
- Fun FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Our group of 5 tried two different bottles of wine and numerous appetizers. Great variety of both to choose from. Our server was very helpful with wine selections and tastes. Was a a little disappointed that the menu didn't offer flights, but then found out the restaurant had a different self service method that allows for something similar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Happy HourJudyDined on 10/6/2014We had the best waitress. Effecient, knowledgeable and friendly. What more can you ask! We sat at one of the booths. Some had commented that difficult to eat because table is low but if it's happy hour finger food, no problems. Tried lots on the happy hour menu and tasty. Well drinks were very reasonable. Would go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014we loved the atmosphere and low noise level. the movie on the wall, was a nice touch. Maybe a little more room between the tables on the east wall. Felt like we were having dinner with strangers and hard not to be a part of sometimes private conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I have been to this place twice in the last few months and I really enjoy the menu and wine list. The wait staff are always attentive. I twice have gone with my girlfriends but I could see how this would also be a good "date night" place. This last time I went with friends we ordered the short ribs over mashed potatoes shared plate and the macaroni and cheese, they were both wonderful. The pinot I ordered nice and smooth. It was my birthday and they gave me a complimentary glass of Proseco, that was very nice. I really recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed the winejasper1Dined on 8/11/2014I enjoyed the wines. They had a great selection. The food and service was sparse. Go for the wine and then move on for better food and service at the many restaurants in cherry creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Vinue Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Gluten freeDebbieDined on 7/24/2014One of our party is gluten free and the staff and the chef were so helpful! We were all able to have a wonderful meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!KathyDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful suggestions for wines, great small plate options!Special Features:
- Love this place!AwesomeDined on 7/2/2014This is a fabulous place if you are looking for something fun and different. And an absolute must if you love wine! The atmosphere is fun, relaxed and people have a blast with the wine machines. Service is always outstanding. I've brought friends here for drinks as well as held a private event for approx. 50 clients. I received more positive feedback from clients on that event than any prior event I held; they just loved it! They want me to make it an annual event. Rebecca and her team are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOODBrittDined on 6/13/2014This is my second time here and every single time my experience gets better and better. The food is 5 star quality and definitely worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the costdisappointedDined on 4/19/2014The wine is great, but overpriced. We ordered a cheese plate and tapas, which tasted good, but the portions, especially the cheese were sparse. The bill for four glasses of wine and the two appetizers was 70+ dollars, so then $90 with tip. That's too much for what we got. If you want a real meal, it's just not available.
- Terrible MenuDonnieBobDined on 4/4/2014This was our first time at Vinue. We chose it because of its Zagat rating. Even though we had made a reservation (our 44th wedding anniversary), we were seated into a cramped table. The noise level was extremely high. They were understaffed, although our server, Marco, took time with us, but at the expense of other clients. We started with the tapas platter. The crostinis were over-cooked - actually caused gum pain. The toppings were unremarkable Next, my wife ordered Tuna Tartar, which was very tasty. Except, at $11, the serving size was about half of the size we get at competing restaurants. I ordered tenderloin flatbread. After two small bites, I quit. It was inedible. Vinue is OK for a glass of wine. Go elsewhere for food.Special Features:
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2014We were on a business trip and looking for something fun. After some research, we found Vinue. It was great. The tapas-style food was great and we ordered a bunch of different things for sharing. The wine selection is great and the staff was happy to give recommendations to us as some of our coworkers were novice wine drinkers. The selection is wide enough to accommodate newbies and experienced wine drinkers. I would go back in a heartbeat. The charge-card method is great because 1. you can control how much you spend on wine and 2. you don't need to come to a consensus regarding which bottle to order. I took pictures of a few new favorites. This place is cute, approachable and has great customer service. Highly recommend this place.eSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refill PleaseAustinvinoDined on 3/14/2014This bar has a very modern feel and very clean. The atmosphere is casual yet elegant. There are great couch areas for groups and plenty of tables for 2 that can easily be brought together for 4 or more and an area up stairs for larger groups or parties. The ceilings are high and a film plays against a high wall that makes the atmosphere fun without being too distracting. You can have a glass of wine like any wine bar or you can purchase a wine card pre loaded with the amount of money you choose. Then you are free to roam the wine vending machines and read the descriptions and dispense the wine of your choice in "taste", "half" or "full" glass options. The price is then deducted from your card. Great way to try new wines. Refill please :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was terrific. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Everything was terrific. The only drawback is that it's next to impossible to find a place to park. Valet would be a great idea.Special Features:
- I've been to the restaurantjkr333VIPDined on 2/20/2014I've been to the restaurant twice. The first time, wine, food and service were excellent. The second time, not so much. While the food and wine were consistent with my first visit, service was terrible, almost bordering on rude.
- Valentine's Day SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Took my girlfriend there for Valentine's Day; our second straight year at Vinue for this day, and it was amazing again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food and wine in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2013The food was perfectly seasoned which had a lot of flavor and the selection of wine was not to over whelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We we're there for happy hour.CJTexasDined on 12/15/2013We we're there for happy hour. The wine was great and the appetizers very tasty.Special Features:
- Cozy Wine BarSeanVIPDined on 11/17/2013A great meet-n-greet wine bar with a large selection of wines and surprisingly good food. The BLT-Mac-n-Chees combo was a great compliment to the excellent wines they have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun placeneighborDined on 11/16/2013Vinue is a fun place, for the wine experience and the food both lend themselves to sharing and having an engaging experience. The food is very good and well presented, and this is a great place to go with other couples.Special Features:
- Great place to try all kindsDiveajDined on 11/15/2013Great place to try all kinds of wines from a taste to a full glass. It can get crowded at times, but very romantic and the food is good....on the small side for apps. Love the backlite menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Favorite PlaceAandLDined on 10/22/2013Vinue Wine Bar is a great place to enjoy an outstanding glass of wine before a movie or event. It is also a great place to linger and enjoy the company of someone special while savoring small bites from their tapas menu and tastes from the exquisite wine offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Service and AmbianceFoodyDined on 10/15/2013I really liked the wine selection and the service but the food was not good at all. The two of us ended up ordering eight items because we could not find one that we would finish because of the quality. I will say the tuna app was good. Service was outstanding as well as the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute Gem!GirlbartendingVIPDined on 9/27/2013My husband and I had never been and were so glad we gave Vinue a try. The food is lovely and a great accompaniment to their wine options. One has the opportunity to try a variety of wines (including some from rather upscale vineyards) in a unique and well planned venue. There is space for groups and room for a couples corner. Well done!!Special Features:
- Great PlaceFOODisgoodDined on 9/22/2013The food was excellent here, everything we tried was delicious, and we like to try places known for the best food so we are picky. The wine selection was great, a little pricey for the tasters, but a great place to go if you like fine food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste ur timeDanielDined on 7/17/2013The wine selection was ok but the food was pathetic! It lived up to suspicion that was another cherry creek joint high on veneer and low on substance. Never going back.
- Great Happy hour spotNatatlie4200VIPDined on 7/16/2013We love Vinue for a great happy hour and time to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great trendy bar but slow serviceMarkVIPDined on 6/21/2013This is a great addition to Cherry Creek...very trendy and great concept. The only problem was that service was slow and we couldn't find our waitress to order more drinksSpecial Features:
- Swanky and deliciousJuliaDined on 6/8/2013Good food- lobster bisque, crab cakes, berry salad Nice, helpful waiter Very empty that day at lunch, hopefully more busy other days/times for their sakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique wine experienceJimBVIPDined on 6/7/2013My wife and I decided to try Vinue on a whim as we looked at someplace new to go in Cherry Creek North. What makes Vinue different is the enomatic wine dispensers located throughout the restaurant- think fountain drinks for wine. Each wine bottle is placed in a case at an appropriate temperature and then dispensed through a tube into your glass at varying pours based on your selection. Your preloaded wine card then is charged for the pour. The variety of wine in the dispensers ranged from less expensive wines Opus and Silver Oak. The prices ranged from a taster pour of $2-3 to full glasses at $50 +. It's a fun way to try different wines with the various small plates, or just to try something different (although not inexpensively).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Idea and Great AmbianceBrookeNDined on 5/31/2013Loved Vinue!! Easy to spend alot of money, but concept and food were fabulous. Have already told many friends about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept, love that youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2013Great concept, love that you can get debit card and try lots of different wines, but it is very expensive to do that. The food was good, but there were 4 of us who ordered food and the dishes came so far apart that we couldn't eat at the same time! It really upset the person who got theirs last. We were told it was because they have a small kitchen...really? The last person served ordered a second dish when their first one finally arrived, and funny that one came almost instantly. As good as the food and wine was we won't be going back.Special Features:
- My friend and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2013My friend and I had a great time! Neither of us had ever been to Vinue and we loved it. Told all our friends about it and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Love this wine bar. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/28/2013Love this wine bar. Excellent HH that goes 'til 6. Staff was friendly, however service was underwhelming, as it wasn't very busy. But overall good experience!Special Features:
- This is a great place to meetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2013This is a great place to meet friends for a glass of wine. Dark, sophisticated atmosphere and not so noisy that you can't carry on a conversation. The Happy Hour menu was reasonable and everything we tried was delicious. Regular menu consists of small bites but it too looked delicious ( not to mention the menu lights up when you open it - what a great idea!). Only drawback is the parking in north Cherry Creek - difficult to find a space, especially if you arrive before the stores have closed. Will definitely recommend to friends and plan to come back.Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceFrequentEaterDined on 1/6/2013Fun experience, good wines, yummy appetizers. They provide "training" on the process and the wine dispensers and are always available to help and provide clean glasses.Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoyed thisToniVIPDined on 12/31/2012My husband and I enjoyed this restaurant. Pros- Wine selection was robust and reasonably priced. It's important to note that you don't have the load a card. Your server is happy to bring you the selections if you don't want to partake in the meandering. The food was high for tapas but the portions were more than worth it. The cheese plate was large. Cons- The place is small and they fill it to the brim so people are falling over each other. The seating is awful. The two of us were seated in a couch area w-a coffee table. This is fine for finger food but not for eating a meal. The poor people next to us had 8 people at the same size table, which they clearly had not expected. Ask ahead for a regular table!Special Features:
- Friendly and attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Friendly and attentive service from beginning to end. I like the concept, it's new and trendy but if you do the math you will realize that you can drink twice as much for the same price if you get the full glasses instead of a bunch of 1.5 oz glasses.Special Features:
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012Stopped in for drinks and a light dinner recently on a trip to Denver. The ambiance is lovely, with comfy sofas, nice lighting and a large window to gaze out. The concept is interesting, with the opportunity to taste some wines without committing to a whole glass or bottle. We had a few tapas---the short ribs were amazing, but the crab cakes were not nice at all. The food in general was good, though we found some things too salty. All in all a lovely night.Special Features: