Vintry Wine & Whiskey
57 Stone Street
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Vintry Wine & Whiskey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vintrynyc.com/
- Phone: 2124809800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 4:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Joseph Mallol
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer a full range of original and classic whiskey cocktails, about 85 wines by the glass to choose from, over 275 whiskeys from around the world and a great artisan beer selection as well as specialty cocktail made just for your event. Our tapas style menu is great for entertaining at your house or office. We can work from your kitchen or bring our own bar. Each event is specifically designed to your needs and space. Prices vary according to number of guests and our level of involvement.
A word from Vintry Wine & Whiskey
After years of delivering award winning wine at their flagship restaurant Harry's Café & Steak, Vintry provides an outlet for a Poulakakos family specialty — great wines, especially old world producers, at exceptional values. Inspired by his family's passion for wine collection as well as his own travels throughout the European wine regions, Peter Poulakakos's latest venture combines 50 years of selective purchasing with the warm environment of a speak easy on Stone Street. The marriage of wine & whiskey in one concept was derived from the artisan nature of both beverages. For both wines & whiskies, the intricate flavors of the beverage are determined by the earth, barreled aging process, & fermentation. Experienced wine connoisseurs delight in Vintry's deep & extensive wine list that showcases boutique growers & producers from the most prestigious old world regions, with a focus in Burgundies. Vintry offers eighty wines by taste, glass or bottle, with an additional 500 bottle list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vintry Wine & Whiskey reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- overall good, will returnaishaVIPDined on 9/19/2014Very odd. I went to the restaurant and told them about my reservation but the person did not seem to acknowledge the Open table reservation. My guess ended up paying with cash so I do not have proof that I was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneybunchDined on 7/4/2014I like the service and the food especially the veal meatball. Definitely, I will be back with friends.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the Vintry Wine & Whiskey reviews archive.
- Extremely OutstandingJerdinajayDined on 4/29/2014I take my staff here once a month for that last 6 six months. We seems to try something different each time and each time the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- A civilized grown-up brunchMikeVIPDined on 4/27/2014We went here to brunch. We have been to a couple of the other Stone Street area venues for brunch, and if you are after traditional "post-hangover" brunch fare they are great. However, sometimes a bit of a different menu is welcome, and something other than "the usual" is welcome. Then go here: the choices were different, but still great, and the value was good - particularly with one of their speciality brunch cocktails thrown in with the price of the brunch. Looking forward to going back to check out their extensive whisky list one evening.Special Features:
- Took my friend for her "lastjahmingDined on 4/3/2014Took my friend for her "last lunch" in Manhattan before she became a Cali Girl. Loved the small dishes: Grilled octopus edged out the tuna tartar by one microsecond of delight. The country pate was also delicious. Three dishes was plenty for two foodies, too! The cocktails were outstanding - I took a sip of hers, because I HAD TO GO BACK TO WORK AND SHE DID NOT.Special Features:
- Great cocktails, wine, small plateslb369VIPDined on 12/21/2013We were delighted with the cozy, rustic atmosphere of this tavern just off Wall Street. The small plates let us taste lamb ragout, confit duck, scallops with bacon, adorable small tuna tartar tacos, and Kobe beef burger sliders. I got to sample 2 oz servings of four red wines while my friend had two unusual and great tasting whiskey-based cocktails. Wines come in thee sizes - 2 oz, 5 oz, or a bottle; and the huge whiskey list (Scotch, Irish, Bourbon, Rye, etc.) comes in 1 oz or 2 oz servings. This is really a place you come to for the drinks but the food is excellent, well beyond bar food, but served up in small quantities.Special Features:
- Great Place for brunchPavZVIPDined on 11/17/2013Everything was great - food, service and drinks. Great place to have some food and drinks with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat outside if you can...ScrubbyDined on 10/27/2013We went here one night and came back the next night. Good bourbon menu. Great wine list. Food was okay — nothing special. Nice outdoor seating with heatlamps in the chilly weather makes it kind of nice.Special Features:
- Stone Street Secretnew2reviewsVIPDined on 10/17/2013Sophisticated small plates, fun and cozy atmosphere ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findSaw1444VIPDined on 9/15/2013I wanted something light with a decent glass of wine, and this was it. Kirk (Curt?) did a great job.Special Features:
- Bartender made the mealDinetosmileDined on 8/9/2013I came for the Burbon and left loving the food. All the the guidance of an excellent Bartended. Look forward to coming a again.Special Features:
- They know their stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013Impressive wine list. Very extensive whisky list. Always impressed when a place is aware enough to list their drinks by regions. We had a cheese plate which was very nice (but could have used more bread).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for After Work DrinksmaureenVIPDined on 6/18/2013Great choice of food (excellent sliders and cheese plate) and drinks (whiskey) after work. It was raining so we didn't have the chance to check out the outdoor seating. The atmosphere indoors was friendly, but a litle loud. Our server was great!Special Features:
- Fantastic all around!LuciaDined on 5/26/2013I've been here a few times and have never been disappointed! The knowledgable and friendly staff is always helpful at recommending wines if you can't decide among their impressive wine list. The focus of this small gem is the wine and whiskey menu, but don't look over the cheese/small plate menu too quickly, as everything I've tried has been delicious! I've been here with a group, girlfriends and on a date and it has been a great atmosphere for all occasions. The elegant yet energetic atmosphere makes you feel like you have gone back in time to a speakeasy during the prohibition days. I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Bar with Outstanding FoodajpaltroVIPDined on 4/14/2013This wine bar has really excellent food. I wanted to be healthy and ordered a soup and salad, which were really phenomenal. The fiancee ordered the burrata and she felt it was one of the best she's ever had. The wine was excellent. This is a classy yet casual wine bar. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- enjoyed the Tapas style menu.....itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2012enjoyed the Tapas style menu.....it was perfect for an after-work glass of with co-workers.Special Features:
- Very nice Wall Street resturant.AinsyVIPDined on 5/3/2012Very nice Wall Street resturant. Tapas portions make it great for lunch. Notable wine and sprits list make it best for post work play.Special Features:
- We're going back again on Thursday!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2012Great place to hang out and catch up with friends. WONDERFUL bourbon/scotch selection and warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- Mainly a wine bar, but theEddieDVIPDined on 2/18/2012Mainly a wine bar, but the food is very good. Tables are high bar tables, made for 6 people, so we had to share the table which wasn't so good.
- Food was very, very tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/3/2012Food was very, very tasty. Would have liked to see more selection of food for small plates. Value of food was not great - ordered a soup and 2 small plates - a little on the expensive side; good for a nice treat. Atmosphere was lovely with the wine cabinets. Nice selection of tasty wines from different regions of the world.Special Features: