Vintage Wine Bar & Bistro
129 S. 13th St
Philadelphia, PA 19176Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Vintage Wine Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vintage-philadelphia.com/
- Phone: (215) 922-3095
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 2:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, French American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Sansom St
- Public Transit: Broad Street Line: Walnut/Locust Station Market-Frankford Line: 13th St Station
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking in Midtown Village 1. Patriot Parking at the Holiday Inn Express- Sansom St between 13th & Juniper 2. Parkway- 12th St between Sansom & Walnut
A word from Vintage Wine Bar & Bistro
Vintage Wine Bar & Bistro is located in the Midtown Village neighborhood of center city. We offer over 60 wines by the glass and a French-American bistro menu perfect for dinner. There is always something new, with five seasonally-inspired dinner additions each day. Our menu is flexible enough for a three-course meal or snacks for the table with a price range of $5-$20. The wine list highlights grape varietals from around the world with daily wine specials and flights featured on the chalkboards. If you are not in the mood for wine, we also have about 25 beers and plenty of cocktails. Our kitchen is open until midnight everyday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Vintage Wine Bar & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Vintage Wine Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (7)late-night find (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Open table lucky findIngaDined on 11/1/2014We were looking for a quick bite and a drink before an orchestra concert. We found this gem on Open Table about 1-1/2 h before we got there. We were so pleased! Staff was very friendly and welcoming, and the interesting menu did not disappoint. My husband loves beer and thought the Yards Love Stout was outstanding. I'm a wine drinker and found lots of excellent choices by the glass. Best ever squash gnocchi with sage, pancetta and cream and the mushroom soup was smooth and savory. We told our server that we were in a hurry and he got us out on time without leaving us feeling rushed. Kudos to all! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MohanDined on 10/26/2014A cozy small place with extraordinarily great selection of wines a very reasonable prices. The Bistro style food is excellent. The service was outstanding and the person that attendted on my made superb recommendations on the wines. I will definitely return on my next visit to Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Just a Wine SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Primarily just focused on wine. Good for Winnos. Don't go if you are hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudiDined on 10/19/2014We were there on a Sunday evening before theater. It was a great choice. Servers were very knowledgeable and helpful with wine selection. Great pre theater spotSpecial Features:
- Great Spot To Wine And DineMegsVIPDined on 10/11/2014Cozy spot with great wine and delicious dining. Service is spot on, bar is lively without being overcrowded on a Saturday night. Cauliflower "mac n cheese" and the truffled mushrooms, two sides with the steak, could be stars in their own right. We'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a dateAuntiePandoraDined on 10/11/2014I love Vintage. Went here with a date on a Saturday night. Was definitely louder than it normally is during the week but we made it work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome! great wine and service!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Great wine list and awesome service! Gave great recommendations on new wines to try and the veggie burger was to die for! Definitely great date spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatkmm16Dined on 10/8/2014Cute spot, good location. Food is good but nothing to rave about. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Nothing specialshesheDined on 9/30/2014Delicious duck, mediocre pastry dessert, no decaf coffee, tables too small for two to eat on. The very charming waiter brought us both the same dish, although we had ordered different items. Expensive for small servings and poor service.
- Sammy1Dined on 9/19/2014EXcellent evening at Vintage. Great service from our waiter made our evening a special Friday night. Wine selections were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice decor, poor quality foodDBCMDVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was pricey and not good ... Sorry decent spot for a glass of wine but nothing more ... Very disappointed
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014I know Vintage has been around but I got to experience it during Philly Restaurant Week and it was fantastic. Every course was delicious and the recommendations from our waiter on the wines were superb. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntowndishDowntowndishDined on 9/13/2014The food was absolutely fantastic! Best Veggie Burger I have ever eaten. I went with a friend, but I think it's a great place for a date night. Fantastic Wine selection and great overall vibe (beautifully urban and ecelctic).Special Features:
- Very good wine and servicerlp82Dined on 9/13/2014The wine was wonderful, as was our waiter. The food (we had appetizers) was good, but nothing really spectacular. Perfect location and a nice place for some appetizers and a drink with friends or a date. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Vintage Wine Bar & Bistro reviews archive.
- PMollDined on 7/9/2014Our waiter was great and knew everything about all the wine we asked him about on the menu. He also gave great recommendations. And the cheese plate was amazing!Special Features:
- great girls nightfirsttimeDined on 6/20/2014Food was great, service was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect for a night chatting with friends. We stayed all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent after Dinner PlaceJesyDined on 6/14/2014We went there for drinks and dessert to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and loved everything about it. The service was outstanding! The wine selection is expansive and has something for everyone. We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- TexasDined on 6/14/2014We have walked by this gem of a neighborhood bar and bistro several times without taking notice. I guess we were busy. This is a great place for a pre-theater drink or dinner. The portion sizes are quite adequate and while the menu has limited choices, there are several daily specials that broaden the options. We enjoyed the Dorado prepared in a curry broth and served very hot. The wait staff (Mark) was professional, friendly and acknowledged that we were headed to The Academy and needed to "dine on a schedule". The owner stopped by our table as we were preparing to leave. She was very friendly and invited us to return again. We will be taking our foodie son and his girlfriend for dinner real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightsvenskatjejVIPDined on 5/24/2014A nice place for dinner and a variety of wines by the glass. We had a table by the open window on a beautiful evening. Fun to see folks walking by while eating delicious food and sipping wine. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet upLindaVIPDined on 5/2/2014My husband and I needed a convenient place to meet between the Academy of Music and Jefferson Hospital to meet for a quick bite before going to the Opera on a Friday night. We have a usual spot, but wanted to try something new. The Vintage Wine Bar was in the right spot with the perfect menu. The staff was very nice, the place was very busy and very noisy. I might add it was first Friday. My husband got there first so had a glass of wine and a starter before I arrived at the bar. We each had a glass of wine and ordered the lamb sliders. They were absolutely delicious. The cost was a little high for a wine bar (the wine is high, food reasonable). All in all, it served the purpose well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamila B.JamBDined on 4/26/2014I was looking to do something different for my birthday…..and Vintage Wine Bar was it. Great place…nice crowd…beautiful ambience…great wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less food, more wineDiners4lifeDined on 4/26/2014Food was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. Not a lot to choose from either. Wine was a little pricey per glass. if you're looking for a place to just stop by for a quick bite, this is more of a fine dining place.Special Features:
- I love wine bars! I enjoyedlepopoviVIPDined on 4/12/2014I love wine bars! I enjoyed my wine and my husband enjoyed his beer - we ordered the cheese plate which was pretty good. Service was great!Special Features:
- Excellent servicePhillyGirlDinerDined on 4/7/2014The limited menu was quite delicious, but not necessarily beyond what you might find elsewhere. However, the prices are reasonable, and the service is outstanding. No wine is poured without a taste given, and all of the servers and bartenders are educated and knowledgeable about both the wines and the food. Atmosphere is relaxed without feeling juvenile. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go to Tria insteadwcojDined on 4/7/2014The food was too heavy, and the wine list was unimpressive. The service was very good.
- First, they didn't have 60JimAVIPDined on 4/4/2014First, they didn't have 60 wine by glass. The wine list was nothing special, as was the food and service.