Vintage Twelve at Kingston Plantation Resort
9800 Queensway Blvd. Ste 109
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $31 to $50
Vintage Twelve at Kingston Plantation Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vintagetwelve.com/
- Phone: (843) 497-7300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vintage Twelve at Kingston Plantation Resort
At Vintage Twelve, we pride ourselves on presenting you with an exciting, low country cuisine, featuring local and regionally produced ingredients and serving traditional southern favorites with vintage Twelve's own unique flair. Our partnership with local farmers and suppliers is a point of pride and allows us to share with you a fresh and flavorful dining experience each and every time you visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerLow Country
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Vintage Twelve at Kingston Plantation Resort - Best Restaurants in Myrtle Beach ›
Vintage Twelve at Kingston Plantation Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (16)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (6)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014When we arrived we were the only patrons in the resturant. As we finished our meal, another group of 4 came in. We had to wait what we believed was an unnecessary amount of time to get our check while the only waitress took orders, got drinks, poured wine, etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Myrtle BeachDanielDined on 10/16/2014Was there for a conference and made reservations in advance, was pleasantly surprised, the food an wine was excellent!Special Features:
- Beautiful RestauantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/5/2014Great service at this modern, ocean front gem. We both ordered the specials (fish and pork). They were delicious and very filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience/Wonderful Food1DotDined on 10/4/2014A great place to dine with great food, bar & excellent service. I would recommend Vintage 12 to anyone in the Myrtle Beach area. It is a hidden gem in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just about PerfectLowcountryfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Great location appetizers and entrees. Desserts were ok at best.Special Features:
- Delightfully delicious!ChristieDined on 9/26/2014Having experienced this fabulous restaurant once before we were excited to return! We had our same charming waiter again who made recommendations including a amazing bottle of wine! Hidden in the Embassy Suites it is BY FAR the best "foodie" experience we had on our trip this visit!!! Do not let the location fool you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening DiningbobmccDined on 9/18/2014The ambience was great as was the food however it took longer than it should have for the food to be prepared. It was a bit over priced for what one receives.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableChefsarerockstarsDined on 9/7/2014This is my fourth or fifth time dining here. There were four in our party and we dined at 6:00 p.m., so we were able to see the ocean from our table. Our server was wonderful. He was knowledgeable about the entrees, desserts, and explained how the chef used local ingredients. The food was excellent. I had the fried oysters and the shrimp and grits as the main course. I had one drink from the bar and dessert – Crème brulée is my favorite. Others had a variety of delicious foods: lamb, fish, and the brisket with barbecue on top. My drink, appetizer, entrée and dessert came to $60+…include the view, service, food, and you can’t beat the price. It’s a wonderful experience to be repeated again, and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was coldBrrrrrrVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had our worst meal in Myrtle Beach at this restaurant. The food arrived cold. My green pepper encrusted filet had NO peppercorns and didn't appear to be a filet. The roasted romaine salad was not. I will not be recommending this place to anyone.Special Features:
- We had a great meal.LuvmealDined on 8/4/2014Our server was excellent!! Meals we both adult and kid friendly. The Resturant overlooks the beach for a great view. The staff were so comfortable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 102 reviews are from the Vintage Twelve at Kingston Plantation Resort reviews archive.
- GardeniaDined on 7/19/2014consistently memorable dining, a favorite we return to each year while vacationing hereSpecial Features:
- Excellent experienceDRJMMDined on 7/10/2014Top notch restaurant, somwnat hidden in the Emabassy Suites. Had the special grilled medley and was not disappointed. Would put this into the special occasion category, as it is a bit pricy. Great view of the ocean, but too bad no outside eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice locationZulluDined on 7/8/2014Ocean view restaurant with probably about 15 tables. Service was great and efficient. Food was cooked to perfection and is all locally grown. Bit disappointed with the grilled romaine salad I ordered. Was hardly grilled and nothing special. Fish of the day was fantastic and the ribeye also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- powgoesdiningDined on 6/28/2014I had the grouper special. Fish was very fresh and cooked perfectly. The dish was very flavorful but lacking in presentation. It came with one asparagus spear, grape tomatoes and risotto. I think it should be accompanied with two spears for better presentation. The unfortunate part this dining experience was the restaurant was in the back of the hotel, So you must walk through the lobby and main bar. The night we went, it was pouring so children were running the halls and it was so noisy. If you are looking for a romantic evening, this is not the restaurant. The view of the beach is pleasant though.Special Features:
- Poor experienceRonnieDined on 6/19/2014Expensive and not worth it. Appetizers (fried oysters) were greasy and hush puppies were good but not worth $10. Entre was sautéed or fried fish on a bed of arugula and cherry tomatoes no sauce or dressing on the greens. Fish was dry and food was tasteless.
- Beautiful view but lacks ambiance!FrequentDinerDined on 6/16/2014Cornbread should be warm! Food is OK and ambiance feels like Embassy Suites rather than steak house. Poor service.Special Features:
- Beautiful but priceyRantanDined on 6/4/2014Floor to ceiling windows on the ocean and a small, quiet dining room make it perfect for a romantic dinner without the kids. Food is inventive and well prepared, although some of the sides and appetizers were made ahead and could have been fresher. Service was personable, knowledgeable, and prompt. My only complaint is the pricing, particularly the wine list. A markup of two to two and a half over wine shop price is perfectly acceptable at any restaurant, and as much as three may be justified in upscale settings for lower level wines. Common wines here have a multiplier of nearly four (Meomi Pinot at $59) and even the upper level wines had a more than triple markup (Silver Oak Alexander Valley at $199). That seemed a bit much.Special Features:
- Great View with good food!TommyDined on 6/2/2014My wife and I dined with two other family members. We enjoyed our visit with the food being very good although they did charge us for a veg x two which nobody remembered ordering. If we did we didn't realize they were going to be charging us $6 each for the experience especially the veg was plain broccoli. I was not happy with that. I felt it was a slip in to pad up the bill. Anyway the food was exceptional. I had shrimp and grits nice and creamy not dry. My wife had the lamb she said was very tender and melt in your mouth. Others had the pork and creole shrimp all equally as good. We will be back because it is so convenient being inside the Embassy suites you don't have to get into your car to drive somewhere for dinner.Special Features:
- Creative high quality foodJLLfoodloverVIPDined on 5/25/2014This restaurant has a lot of potential. We have eaten here a few times and all been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is not fine dining. DisasterSCnativeDined on 4/26/2014This is a corner of the hotel lobby. No hostess. No manager. The staff from the kids area tries to help out. You will be disappointed if anything goes slightly wrong. This is not fine dining. DisappointedSpecial Features:
- Pretty but ultimately tastelessSLApocalypseDined on 4/23/2014At 8:15 I stood for 5 minutes in the entryway before Anyone bothered to check to see if I was there, and the restaurant was almost deserted. I was sat at a table for two under a bright spotlight by an affable waitress who promised to make sure I was served quickly. At 8:35 I was finally asked for my order, the heirloom tomato gazpacho to start and the shrimp and grits on her recommendation. It took until 9:00 for my cold soup to arrive, and it tasted like someone put sprite and yellow cherry tomatoes in a blender and squeezes in lemons as an afterthought. I've never had fizzy soup before. At 9:15 my burnt shrimp and grits came and was a soupy mess, none of the flavors were cohesive or pleasing. I expected more for the prices.Special Features:
- DisappointedAgourmayVIPDined on 4/23/2014When I ate here 6 months ago, the food was bold and well-seasoned. On a recent visit, however, I ordered gumbo, which should be topnotch in a "fine dining" restaurant in South Carolina. The dish was flat, bland, and badly in need of some heat, in part because it did not include andouille sausage, which is a traditional ingredient. Drinks and dessert were good. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- TravelerVIPDined on 4/19/2014Nice view and the food was good, but... had to wait 20 minutes for a dessert so we cancelled it and left. Otherwise, nice evening.Special Features:
- hmandkmDined on 4/18/2014My wife & I had a very enjoyable dinner & we will be back. The only problem we encountered was the wine prices. $58.00 for a bottle of St. Michaels Riesling wine is absolutely ridiculous as was the pricing of he entire wine list. Needless to say we will not be ordering any wine when we dine at Vintage 12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant but needs workJLLfoodloverVIPDined on 4/13/2014Our food was good, not great. We will keep trying this place since we visit the Kingston frequently but hope they listen to our feedback.Special Features:
- Just a bad day in the Kitchen?FurbyVIPDined on 3/24/2014The enjoyment of a nice upscale oceanfront restaurant with decent service(although it should be since we were the only diners for an early dinner for most of the time) was significantly reduced by mediocre food. Both my spouse and my soups were lukewarm. My Crab soup appeared to have a lot of bread filler. My spouse’s jambalaya was OK but nothing special. The chef initially forgot to put the sweet potatoes in my sweet potato salad and when they arrived late they were woefully undercooked. The Carolina Trout while tasty was significantly burned on the skin and the coffee was extremely weak. California merlot at $18 for an 8 OZ glass did not ease the pain. It was a Monday so maybe it was the chef's day off. Did not justify a $100 meal.Special Features:
- A great farm-to-table find.DateNightDinerDined on 2/15/2014Loved the quiet atmosphere of the restaurant and the attentive service. Shrimp and grits were a great dinner choice. This was a nice dining selection for a dinner out with my husband while visiting Myrtle Beach.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected...AdventurousDinerDined on 2/15/2014I read the comments and reviews of this restaurant and it was not close to what was described. The food: I got the crab soup to start and it tasted watered down and bland. That was followed by the rack of lamb on a bed of risotto. The lamb was cooked appropriately but the risotto again was bland and tasteless. I let me date try some of each to confirm it wasn't just me and she agreed that this was not a "foodie" location considering the night before we had visited Aspen Grille which was fantastic with its fillet oscar and goat cheese salad. My date got the fresh snapper and arugula salad which was not as good as the meal the night before at Aspen Grille. It was slightly over cooked and the only flavor came from the oil it was fried.
- Food was outstanding. January,mikeandjulieDined on 1/23/2014Food was outstanding. January, so retaurant was pretty open Chef did a great job with all of the preparation as well as presentation of food My wife said it was the best trigger fish she could remember. Timing of meal was handled well by our server Absolutely recommend Chef Caitlyn's restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good findchicitycookDined on 12/27/2013Nice place inside the Embassy Suites...was one of only 2 tables in the entire spot, but I chalk that up to it being around the holidays and off season. Well prepared and tasty food... had a carmelized onion, goat cheese & tomato flatbread and a nice trout entree done with arugula & shallots. Both were great. Only downside is the wine list prices - I've eaten all over the country..SF, CHI, NYC at some of the more notable foodie spots around (Babbo, Craft, etc..) and nobody charges more than about a 200% markup...this place charges 350-400%. A $20 bottle of Seghesio was $70!!!! That is pretty outrageous. Otherwise, nice place for the Arcadian Shores/Briarcliffe area without having to go very far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Definite But Pricey WinesRolukVIPDined on 12/22/2013We had dinner several days before Christmas; the hotel location of this restuarant during the off-season made for a very quiet dining experience. The view during the summer, must be spactacular. Main courses are the stars; starters are moderately interesting; the onion soup was bland. The dessert menu might appeal to children. The generous portion of rack of lamb was delicious. The accompanying beet risotto was bland. We also had beef. It was flavorful and perfectly prepared with accompanying Carolina rice that made a perfect foil for the hearty flavor of the beef. The wine list is heavily weighted to over-priced wines; the 300% plus mark-up on the bottles seemed designed to discourage wine drinkers. The service was attentive and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been better.OutoftownersDined on 11/28/2013The view was fantastic. We were there on Thanksgiving and had a set menu. The food wasn't worth the money.Special Features:
- What a surprise!PamelaVIPDined on 11/22/2013We had been following this restaurant for a while and as we are frequent visitors to MB we try to try new places each visit. We had.an incredible meal at vintage 12. Don't be fooled by the Embassy Suites locale..this is top quality cuisine and service. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- DisappointingLottieVIPDined on 11/22/2013This restaurant has the potential to be very good, but the night we went it was not. My trigger fish was dry. The addition of a sauce could have Definifely improved it. The Jambalaya was also dry. May go back, but would be more specific in ordering.Special Features:
- Romantic GemPeniqueVIPDined on 11/16/2013This was our second time at Vintage Twelve, and it has been a fantastic experience both time. The ambiance of the sunset coupled with the exquisite dining experience made for a wonderful birthday celebration dinner. The chef is amazing and we look forward to our next experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty experienceDine4healthDined on 11/11/2013We decided to celebrate a family birthday at Vintage Twelve and had a great dinner & service. Shannon our server was great with the details on how the food was prepared. One of our party was delayed and missed the warm brioche bread, our server brought out another tray of the warm bread out. The appetizers were a good size and the rack of lamb was the best I've ever had. Another person had the crab cakes appetizer as their meal with a side of macaroni & cheese which was filling. Will definitely go back for another great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McWhiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013My husband and I celebrated our 30 wedding anniversary there on Saturday, November 2, 2013. The atmosphere was really nice and the food was awesome. Overall it was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDivaGrandeDined on 10/30/2013I had read some reviews that were discouraging but I wanted to try anyway because of the view. The food portions of the main course was extremely small for the prices. I thought Shrimp and Grits would be a safe bet due to the locale, but the grits were way too runny and it had only about 4 or 5 shrimp. The service and ambiance were great, but for $70 for 3 courses and a cocktail it was extremely disappointing. I thought this would be a lovely place for a sunset dining experience, but I didn't even get the sunset.Special Features:
- Good experienceAvlBritDined on 10/25/2013We had a nice dinner, but nothing overly special. The crab soup was good more of an Asian egg drop or sharks fin sort of texture rather than a cream based ....the steak and pork were cooked to our request and great flavor but the plates were cold so the food got cold very quickly. Desserts were ok but nothing special for the price. I read an earlier review that said that the restaurant was trying too be something it's not I thought a little harsh but now I see where they are coming from. I wish them them the begs of look but we will not be retuning.Special Features:
- Great !!! from the momentmikeDined on 10/24/2013Great !!! from the moment we arrived until we left everything was perfect. We travel and eat in restaurants a lot .Vintage Twelve is as good as it gets. Great service Great food. This was a special occasion and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.