55 New Orleans Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vintageprimehhi.com/
- Phone: (843) 802-4564
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday thru Thursday – 5PM to 10PM
Friday and Saturday – 5PM to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: George Davis III
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Nightly
- Special Events: Check our Website and Facebook Page Daily
A word from Vintage Prime
Steaks – Seafood – Chops – Nightlife. Upscale food and service in a casual atmosphere with weekly entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Vintage Prime - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Vintage Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (14)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (12)romantic (10)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- We'll be Back!LJano2VIPDined on 10/23/2014We had a wonderful time at Vintage Prime and can't wait to return on our next trip to Hilton Head. The food was fantastic and we loved dancing to the band Deas- Guyz. Make reservations early they book up fast! The dance floor was large and could accommodate several people. It was a perfect evening out.Special Features:
- OverchargedflafoxyladyDined on 9/25/2014I went Thurs. eve. - had a Restaurant.com $25 cert. Manager at desk first said can't take it - but later said that a Thurs. was acceptable. I paid over $53 for dinner - Lrg. prime rib-not tender , FATTY, I asked if I could EXCHANGE the incl. vegetable for asparagus. She said ok yet I was charged. Worst they automatically added a 20% tip to bill- tip was removed, Mgr. gave me a hard time over amount to leave. I paid 15%. Then she made an error in adding up the bill, overcharged me. I did not catch this till afterwards. I paid cash. THEN, I asked a server for a bag fort my dessert box in, after waiting 10 min., I got up and left, with box IN HAND. Lastly, my table for 2 was squeezed between 2 larger tables. Too close together.
- Great Place to Eat and Danceluv2eatndanceDined on 9/19/2014Love to go to Vintage Prime. The steaks are superb. Love to dance to the band Target. We make it our Friday night spot when we are on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't like Entertainment feeJojoDined on 9/18/2014The food was delicious, nice decor, great entertainment, however if you are there for dinner and paying a lot for food and drinks you shouldn't have to pay an entertainment fee. That fee should be charged to bar patrons there for the band and dancing. That will make a difference the next time we are in hilton head, we probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Great food live Jazz romanticSandarDined on 9/11/2014We had a great evening the food and wine was yummy, the carpaccio was the best we ever had and large portion for an appetizer, all the food was great. They had a popular local jazz band "Deez Guys" that we truly enjoyed. A wonderful place to spend a fun romantic evening with the added benefit of a nice dance floor for a fun way to work of some of the calories from a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice additionTravelerDined on 9/6/2014Great place, felt very welcome and we had a fantastic evening,a great addition to the evening dinner scene We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Highly RecommendedMTYFDined on 9/5/2014Very nice, great food and service, priced well, overall a great establishment... Target (the band) was fantastic, we will defianitly be back our next time in Hilton Head...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spotVacationerDined on 9/4/2014Great food & entertainment, saw Deaz Guys. Good crowd. A bit noisy so not the place if you are looking for a quiet spot & table conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainmentEntertainingDined on 9/4/2014Great entertainment, nice dance floor, and food was excellent. Will definitely return on our next visit to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't count on your reservationJoeADined on 9/4/2014Even though we had a reservation, we were told Open Table over books. We had to sit set the bar. Then, they have entertainment at 8:00 at $8/head. If you are still eating after 8, they charge you. However, the food was very good. I would only go before 6, if I went again.
- Noise cancelled romanceDisappointed4Dined on 9/4/2014Food and service was wonderful. But I was looking forward to a romantic dinner and dance evening (the experience you should expect to receive when spending $100 for a couple) and half way through our dinner a table of 10 loud, obnoxious, adults with offensive comments set next to us and totally ruined our experience. When I expressed my concern to the hostess, she said it is a regular occurance. I feel that accepting this behavior lowers the standards of the high class restaurant you portray to be. I will not go back nor recommend to anyone unless the are not looking for a quiet evening of dinner and dance.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/3/2014Wednesday with Cherylw as very enjoyable in all waysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, live music!GpapaDined on 8/30/2014A great combo when music and food are done right. Jazz night was the night we went. Unusual for HH. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunnoDined on 8/28/2014Had a great time, high energy! The food was good and did not take a long time. The atmosphere was perfect got a night out dancing and socializingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner/Dancing the night awayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We booked our table for 6 many weeks in advance, as we wanted to hear Deas Guyz play on Thursday evening while vacationing in Hilton Head. The food and service were great. The atmosphere was suitable for a group and the dance floor large enough for a great time!Special Features:
- Food and music are topsNeildiamondDined on 8/23/2014Sure to become the new "in" spot on Hilton Head. Music genre differs dependent upon night of the week. Food is excellent, I recommend the prime rib!Special Features:
- Fun, Fun, FunluvfoodanddanceVIPDined on 8/22/2014We could not have been treated better! Vintage Prime is a great new addition to Hilton Head. If you love great food, love to dance or just love to be around energetic people where everyone in the restaurant feels like they are part of some big extended family - then Vintage Prime is for you! We had an absolute ball with our kids two nights in a row. Different bands + different people made the restaurant equally fun, but completely different. Cannot wait to return!!!!Special Features:
- Vintage Prime - HHIDaisygirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great food, service, and music. We were on Hilton Head for three weeks and made it a point to go to Vintage Prime three times. All visits were excellent - we'll certainly be back next year.Special Features:
- Returning guestsDaisygirlVIPDined on 8/14/2014We returned to this restaurant for dinner and were greeted as if we were old friends. The owner visited tables to check on food, etc. which is a nice touch. I had an an amazing piece of salmon and my husband had a generous well prepared filet. We are glad to have discovered this gem. Cassie, our waitress, was efficient and pleasant.Special Features:
- OrdinaryHankDined on 8/9/2014These folks are making an effort to have a good restaurant. They have a way to go. The food was good, some of it better than good. The pork chop was very large and very tasty and well prepared. The portions are very large, entrees could be easily shared. The menu is extensive and interesting. The entertainment was excellent. The service was pleasant, but unprofessional. The owner came by to check on things and that was nice. Another man came over, probably another owner. He looked drunk and disheveled. Never introduced himself so I don't know why he was there. All in all, good food, amateur service, good entertainment. Lots of other choices in the neighborhood and they didn't reach the point that makes me want to go back.
- Vintage PrimeDaisygirlVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food was amazing. Owners were very personable. Service was very good. Entertainment was very good as was the dancing. We will go back without a doubt.Special Features:
- FabulousGeal43Dined on 8/7/2014Everything from service to food to the bar was absolutely amazing. We had so much fun and the band was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Prime Rib was fabulous, the service was wonderful, and the music was great. Nothing like live music to add that extra touch to an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant with great bandMarthaMDined on 7/31/2014We arrived for dinner excited to be entertained by Deaz Guys Band. We loved the warm bread and flavored butter. The salmon was ok (did not come with a starch). Desert was very good...chocolate lava cake with icecream. Wine was very good - Honig Cabernet reasonably priced. The pork chop was a generous serving. The service was very courteous. We enjoyed the food and fun at vintage Prime!Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Vintage Prime reviews archive.
- FigsDined on 7/26/2014After several visits food and service remain excellent and the entertainment very good.Special Features:
- Great food and musicHiltonHeadfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great evening and great food and service. The food was outstanding and the service was one of the best. Owners on sight. Bartender charming and fun. Becoming a great place for great food and musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went BackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014This has been the second time to dinner at Prime Vintage. Everything was perfect from the food to the service.Special Features:
- Prime Rib1finedinerDined on 7/18/2014Excellent prime rib and great dining experience. Played good mix of music to enjoy during dinner. Staff and owener were great in making us feel welcome.Special Features:
- mikeDined on 7/16/2014Restaurant appears to be searching for an identity. Strange mix of menu items. Food was adequate. Entertainment was a very nice addition to the evening. Would recommend other restaurants before this one.
- Great food and staffFigsDined on 7/12/2014We have been to Vintage a few times and this time brought friends with us and they also had a lovely time ! We especially enjoyed the Calamari and Snapper. Did some dancing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricymrjroz1aDined on 7/11/2014Newly opened - expensive for what you get - especially the wines compared to other similar places on the island. Food quality is acceptable - service was slow for it not being crowded when we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit was GREAT!LuvHiltonHeadDined on 7/10/2014I booked a reservation for four adults during my recent July 4th vacation after noticing that the Deas Guyz Band was playing on Thursday night. I was skeptical since it was a new restaurant, but I took the chance. WOW...what a great experience!! I noted on my online reservation that I wanted to be able to see and hear the band...and I wasn't disappointed when we arrived. We were promptly seated at a fantastic table next to the dance floor and band. We were greeted by the owners and served by a great waitress, who also entertained us with her personality all night! We ordered food, drinks, and danced whenever the band played our favorite song. The variety of food on the menu was excellent and not overpriced! I recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattymaeDined on 7/3/2014We understand this is a new establishment. We actually went to hear the band that was playing and hopefully enjoy a good meal. The food that we ordered was not very good, mostly my order was not at all appetizing.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseSweet4peteDined on 6/20/2014First time dining at Vintage Prime. We went to see the 'Head Liners' (best band on the island), and had dinner. New restaurant, a bit pricey and there is a cover charge for the entertainment. I don't mind a cover for good entertainment if that's an option to have some evening life for us dancers! The Filet Mignon was amazing, the warm bread with herb butter sooooo good. Potatoes are potatoes and the mushroom crostini was a little disappointing (I've had it at Truffles/amazing). Overall, I will be going back for good music and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining, Great Night Life!DiningDivasDined on 6/19/2014We enjoyed a very polished, upscale and elegant atmosphere, and the service was superb. Sam, our waiter, was very courteous, attentive and gracious - when we go back we will ask for him again. We had great seating for the band, and the music was great - 'Deas Guyz' never disappoint! The food was excellent - I had the fried scallops, which were prepared to perfection, along with house kettle-cooked chips, which were outstanding and NOT greasy! My other two companions had the fried shrimp, and we all enjoyed cole slaw, corn bread (which was the best corn bread I've ever eaten), and I had the mint chocolate chip gelato, which was awesome! We ended the night with a shot of tequila... who could ask for anything more?Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014A friend recommended Vintage Prime during a recent visit to Hilton Head. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. The staff were wonderful to us and the food was excellent. I would choose to dine here again and recommend to our friends.Special Features:
- Great Entertainment & ServiveJJG1Dined on 6/12/2014Entertainment was excellent and so was the service. Food was average to good depending on the dish. A great place to go for entertainment on Thursday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive/mediocre food...beachgirl71Dined on 6/12/2014We went to this restaurant to see a band we really like (which was great) and decided to have dinner before hand. It was very disappointing. I had a $29 piece of steak and a $7 bowl of spinach. The steak was tough and not very flavorful. The creamed spinach was soupy. When purchasing a steak, everything else comes separate. I have eaten at steakhouses before where this is the case but the steaks were amazing and the sides were fabulous so I didn't mind spending the money. That was not the case here. The service was very slow and the server was not knowledgable about the menu. Our server disappeared for 30 minutes and getting our water refilled was non existent. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- Music on HHISCBadgerVIPDined on 5/29/2014Finding a place to hear good music on HHI just got easier with the opening of Vintage Prime. We discovered the restaurant thru the web sites of two of our favorite local bands. We had a great evening listening to Deaz Guys and service was great! We can't wait to return in September!Special Features:
- Needs a lot of help!CappsDined on 5/29/2014From not having our tablle ready to having to return my entrée this restaurant has a lot of issues. I don't think there is enough management that knows the restaurant business.