Vintage Prime Steakhouse
433 North Country Road
Saint James, NY 11780Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Vintage Prime Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 6318626440
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Cacaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining menus available, for more information please contact Victoria at (631)862-6440.
- Private Party Contact: Victoria 6318626440
A word from Vintage Prime Steakhouse
What sets Vintage Prime Steakhouse apart from other steakhouses is that we dry age our beef on premise. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the service we give all of our patrons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Vintage Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in St. James ›
Vintage Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (7)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Superb FoodSherryVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at Vintage for years and the food is always consistently superb! Everything from appetizers to desserts are delicious. We love having such a great restaurant nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What one would expect.FranklinDined on 8/21/2014Well prepared and presented food, but not inexpensive. Nonetheless, you get what you pay for in regard to this restaurant. Go. You'll enjoy it!Special Features:
- Great food, nice wine listKevinKDined on 8/13/2014Calamari and tuna appetizers were really good. So was the bone-in ribeye! Some good finds on the wine list.Special Features:
- Totally AwesomeALLallDined on 8/7/2014Took my wife there for her B-day and was amazed by service and food. Very quiet and wasn't rushed to get order in. I was completely satisfied with everything. Food was amazing and the sides are so big you leave with a doggie bag.Special Features:
- VlzaVlzaDined on 8/5/2014I have been going to Vintage restaurant since they opened, We always had an excellent dinner and great service.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!JohnTDined on 7/18/2014Dinner was phenomenal! Yellowfin Tuna & Clams casino apps were delicious. Surf & Turf and Filet Oskar were both outstanding. Try the Chocolate & Peanut Butter tart for dessert, it did not disappoint. Wait staff was attentive without smothering, Manager checked in once and the place was spotless. Great venue, great food and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with MomStJamesLady14Dined on 7/2/2014I had a lovely dinner with my Mother at this lovely restaurant. The food was good but was very expensive. The room was large enough for all diners to enjoy their meals without listening to the group at the next table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryJandJDined on 7/1/2014Comfortable ambiance, attentive service, great food & presentation, wonderful overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2NNsDined on 5/31/2014The food was excellent and so was the service. It was a little on the loud side.Special Features:
- Great DinnerFrankNJulesDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I went to Vintage for dinner on Saturday night. We had reservations and were seated right away. Our waiter was very attentive and took our drink order immediately. The wine list is nice- not too overwhelming but had enough of a selection to make it interesting. The crabmeat cocktail I had was outstanding as well as my husband's shrimp cocktail. They were a wonderful way to start our meal. I had the filet mignon medallions and my husband had the NY strip steak. We got the homefried potatoes and creamed spinach as side dishes. Everything was very fresh and delicious. If we didn't live so far from Vintage, we would go back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveItalianVIPDined on 5/25/2014Were out on Long Island and wanted a respite from junk food (we were with our grandchildren). The steaks were excellent. The decor needs sprucing up and was too miss matched. It was a little depressing. Some very expensive wines on the wine list. The host and wait staff were wonderful. A find!Special Features:
- well worth the money will frequentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014excellent service and dining guests were well pleasedSpecial Features:
- Prixe fixe -great valueJCMLDined on 5/16/2014The 3 course dinner for 39.95 was an excellent value. We had oysters Rockefeller and thai calamari for appetizers, both were outstanding. Main course choices were varied. I had the glazed salmon over veggies which was excellent and my husband had the skirt steak, also very good. Dessert choices included cheese cake, apple cobbler and sorbet. At 7, the restaurant was quiet and romantic, by 8 it stared getting more crowded and a little noisy, but all in all, a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- VintageJGrey622Dined on 5/11/2014Vintage feels like a cozy dining room in a fancy home. The food is good and the waitstaff is attentive.Special Features:
- The following 191 reviews are from the Vintage Prime Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014We visit Vintage every year during restaurant week to take advantage of the great food at relatively reasonable prices. The steak and lamb dishes were served in reasonable portions. The wait staff was professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Solid Steak House sans the "scene"ChailanderDined on 5/3/2014An excellent alternative to the traditional "Meat Markets". The ambiance was great, service top notch and food very good. Was it the best porterhouse I ever had, no, was it better than many others, yes. One of the draws of Vintage is that they age their own steaks,few restaurants do this any more, so expectations were high. The porterhouse for two was good, the filet side has the qualities of an aged steak, while the strip side, not so much. Not that it was not a good meal, but thought it could have been better. Lobster Mac & Cheese side was very good, we had the asparagus as well which could have been served hotter (a heated plate probably would have preserved the warmth better. The BEST no, very good , yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Great, only Good This TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My wife and I like to go here for our birthdays. So on this last visit we found the bread stale and only had a small table crowded between two big and noisy tables. While I wouldn't completely write this place off, I will say I would hope for better the next time.Special Features:
- Great steakhousebellbiv13VIPDined on 5/2/2014This is a great place for a special occasion or to treat yourself to a very good steak.Special Features:
- Vintage pretty ordinaryShoshanaDined on 5/2/2014It might have been the fact that we went during restaurant week, but we were not overwhelmed by anything except the look. Very pretty dining room...vintage look! It was a three course meal for $27.95. I started with the oysters Rockefeller. They were really awful! Sorry! Mushy and very very fishy. I had the skirt steak, which was very good...tender and tasty. Surprised that it was the only steak choice on this special menu though. For dessert I had the cheese cake which was good. I love cheese cake and this was not amazing, but moist and tasty. Only 1 steak choice at a steak rest.! We were rushed by the waiter,as we sat down he was on us wanting our order. It was very noisy and we were almost yelling across the table to hear.Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in the areaMarkCisVIPDined on 5/2/2014Another great dining experience! From apps to dessert...outstanding food served by a very efficient wait staff. They blow the competition away. Favorite enttre is the filet mignon medallions...Thai calamari app is excellent. Home fries side...the best.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014great food for a romantic night out. bit on the pricey range but definitely worth it for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at Vintage SteakhouseluvgoodfoodDined on 4/28/2014We had dinner reservations on 4/28 for 2. We were seated immediately. Restaurant was not crowded but was filling up. Our service was excellent, waiter was attentive but not over imposing. Food was excellent. Ambience nice and not too noisy. the only downfall was that I was sitting under a vent and was extremely cold throughout the meal.Special Features:
- 60th birthday dinnerJeanneDined on 4/26/2014This was my choice restaurant for my 'big day', as it is my favorite. As usual, the bartender excels, the side dishes are outstanding, and the steak is worth the price. The ambience is cozy and romantic, and the service is the best in the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vintage was a little vintageDrmarymacDined on 4/12/2014For a steakhouse in Suffolk County it was a good dinner.. but as for a steakhouse in general nothing stood out to me. The ambiance was not there but if you like old school steakhouses you might like this. The service was no different than another other restaurant- nothing special at all. The food was average per steakhouses but nothing great or exceptional at all. For a neighborhood steakhouse I could see how people would frequent the restaurant, but i will not be back.Special Features:
- Best steak on LI. My husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Best steak on LI. My husband had the aged bone in rib, which was amazing. And the Thai calamari which is our favorite. I had a scallop appetizer special and the scallops are always perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakDannyoDined on 3/29/2014When my wife and i go out for a special dinner, Vintage for their porterhouse steak for two is always the first choice. I eat out allot for business and many times eat at "world famous" steak houses. In my view vintage's steak for 2 is consistently the best that i haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outrageouslyemmaDined on 3/15/2014The food was outrageously good. The service was prompt and not rushed. It was a busy Saturday evening so when full there is a fair amount of noise. Menu is varied with lots of excellent choices. Prices are moderatley high. Definitely will return in very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for a business dinner.Jake07Dined on 3/13/2014Went here for a business dinner. I wanted a great meal and I was not disappointed. I got the calamari appetizer and it was the best calamari I have had. My steak was cooked to perfection. Everyone in my group was impressed with the food and had a great time. It is a bit pricey but this is a very good steakhouse on Long Island so I would say the prices are appropriate. I would definately recommend this place.Special Features:
- Steakhouse shufflesportDined on 3/8/2014We were 15 MIN late for 8pm reservation i DID CALL THEM AT 8PM. WE ARRIVED ,was told the folks were just paying the ck at the table we were going by 8:30 I was ready to leave , I had looked at a table empty since we came in I suggested to the Matre D after explaining we drive an hour to get there . He finelly seated us at that empty table I gave him a 50.00 tip WENT DOWNHILL FROM THERE SERVICE WAS EXTREMELY SLOW ,DID NOT GET FOOD TILL 10:40PM .THE waiter was Missing most of the time .The wine list is wxremly limited no white Bourdoux or white burgandy.I did not expect anything foe my 50.00 tip But the guy didnt even stop by to say a word !!! closest he came was almost knocking my wife Chair over running by to set a table.
- Excelent butRichDined on 3/1/2014we were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary , made reservations for 7:00 , did not get to table until 7:30. food and service was great but as we were eating a young couple sat down with 2 children both asleep a 3month old and a 2 year old. it was 9:00 p.m. and my wife being the mother and grand mother that she is was upset that the parents would be that selfish. This type of restaurant should not allow young children in on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to "special" restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Vintage Prime is the restaurant I rely upon for special occasions. Whether a special business dinner or a family celebration, this restaurant consistently delivers excellence. The service is wonderful, the menu is varied and each dish is delicious, the wine list is extensive, and even the desserts are delightful. The waitstaff understands the pace of a celebratory business or family meal, and the dinner is never hurried nor is it stalled. Greg provided exceptional service for this visit, and each member of the Vintage team contributed to a wonderful meal. Timing of each part of the meal, from cocktails to dessert, is perfect. Vintage Prime delivers excellent value by providing meals, beverages, and service that are of outstanding quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!dinengoofDined on 2/28/2014The food was absolutely delicious. From the lamb chop and calamari appetizers to the tender surf and turf, a truly excellent meal. A little steep on the prices but you do get what you pay for here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014Everything was perfect. The server, Nick, was attentive all night. The food was phenomenal! Will certainly be going back there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time dining at Vintage.katyDined on 2/20/2014first time dining at Vintage. Excellent. enjoyedthefood and wonderful service from nick our waiter.Everything better than Insignia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outLee1Dined on 2/18/2014From the moment we arrived, our experience at Vintage Prime was exceptional. Waitstaff was very friendly, informed us of the specials and took our order without trying to get us to order more than we wanted. Timing of appetizers and main course was perfect. Food was prepared as asked and tasted amazing. Best porter house steak I've had. Will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedFoodRaterDined on 2/16/2014If you're thinking about great food, especially some prime aged beef, here is the place. There is nothing other great steak houses have that is better than Vintage, nothing. Ambiance and service were exceptional. Even the food presentation was well done. Wine list impressive and it's the kind of place you want to tell people about. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJennVIPDined on 2/16/2014We had been here once before and had a great meal, so we went again for my husband's 50th birthday. Our table was in a different section of the restaurant near the kitchen, less pleasant atmosphere than our prior visit. The most disappointing part of our meal was the service. Our waiter did not approach our table for at least 15 minutes after we were seated, and was not attentive at all. We had to wave him over every time we needed something, not the kind of service you expect from a high-end steakhouse. Our food was very good, no complaints there.Special Features:
- Delicious food and a verycuagainDined on 2/15/2014Delicious food and a very enjoyable evening. Staff was very accommodating. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner for 2KleejoyDined on 2/15/2014It was the day after Valentines day. Very busy. The food service was a little slow but the waiting staff made up for it by pacing the courses and being very attentive. The steaks were done to perfection and worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodLove2eatDined on 2/14/2014We cam to Vintage to celebrate Valentine's Day. The food was delicious. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.