Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
322 11 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0C5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vintagechophouse.com/
- Phone: 4032627262
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Wednesday 11am - midnight; Thursday & Friday 11am - 2am; Saturday 5pm - 2am; Sunday 5pm - 10pm; Please be advised that Vintage Chophouse & Tavern does not permit minors due to government regulations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andrew Keen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer five different special event rooms. Our private dining room offers a completely private board-room setting for 28, private foyer, hidden drop down screen and elegant decor. Our exclusive Beringer room is a semi-private circular room with a hi-top circular table that seats up to 12, ideal for interactive, communal dining. Our Bistro dining room is a raised area, semi-private which can accommodate up to 46. This room can also be used as a private cocktail area for up to 70. Our Main dining room can accommodate up to 72, offering a combination of booths and tables. Our tavern can accommodate up to 200 for a private function.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Stephure 4037050577
- Entertainment: Live music. Contemporary Jazz & Blues.
Friday, 5:30pm - 7:00 pm, 9:30pm - 12:30am.
Saturday 9:30pm - 12:30am.
- Special Events: We offer five different rooms and a flexible range of menus to accommodate your special event. Please contact Carolyn at 403-705-0577 or email@example.com and she'd be pleased to assist your event.
A word from Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
Vintage Chophouse is a classic steakhouse with contemporary flair, offering a compelling menu for the true steak lover combined with internationally diverse choices for those with something else in mind. Our award winning wine list features more than 300 wines from around the world. With five different rooms, Vintage offers something for every occasion, featuring our signature Beringer Room with a hi-top circular table ideal for intimate gatherings of 8 - 12 in a semi-private room. Enjoy our contemporary yet comfortable dining room, or relax in our New York style tavern. Overstuffed leather club chairs, or our intimate leather booths are the perfect place from which to catch the game on two 40" plasma televisions. Every Friday and Saturday evening you can loosen up and listen to live jazz and blues. We are the proud recipient of Wine Spectator Awards since 2005. In 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Wine Spectator honored Vintage Chophouse & Tavern with the Best of Award of ExcellenceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Vintage Chophouse & Tavern - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Vintage Chophouse & Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)notable wine list (89)romantic (73)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (52)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (16)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- What a meal...AKyummsDined on 10/19/2014Though not wowed by our baked oysters (not our favorite anyways, risky choice), we had the BEST dinner. We ordered the Ahi Tuna and Salmon steak, both of which were large servings and soooo delicious. For our sides we ordered the bacon scalloped potatoes, asparagus, and mac n cheese. Let me say... it was the best mac and cheese I've ever had. It overshadowed the scalloped potatoes which is pretty hard to do. Our server was very nice and attentive and we had a great time. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDinningDined on 10/15/2014Vintage has not disappointed me. A very elegant restaurant with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sides should be served with steak!MLBeattyDined on 10/11/2014Very personable staff! My husbands steak seemed like it sat under the warming table to the point where it was almost cold, too long before being served. My steak & my friends was perfect Med-rare. Our steak came out but We had to wait for the sides for at least 5-6 mins after the steak was served. We wondered if they were coming. Potatoes and asparagus were delicious when finally served. Brocollini was not tender crisp but rather still too raw. Excellent crab cakes! Ambiance wonderful, wine list extensive. Staff personable and fun! I was disappointed that they didn't acknowledge that it was my friends birthday though even after I put it in comments on Open Table AND mentioned it to the waiter at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.C3trevorDined on 10/11/2014One of our favorites! Always high food quality and pleasant nuance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service - great foodladiesniteDined on 10/10/2014he service we experienced was not indicative for the price and style of restaurant. The lady that opened the front door we thought was to welcome us but turned out she had parking questions. No welcome. Th hostess seemed confused by our request to sit in the lounge and server couldn't have been more unfriendly. She treated us like a nuisance even with a $600 bill. Very disappointing. Food was excellent. I wish more restaurants would put emphasis on training service.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningNathanDined on 10/9/2014I took my wife there for our 10th wedding anniversary, and from the moment we arrived it was all around great experience. The atmosphere and the food of Vintage was fabulous. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to have a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that impressedtimmygDined on 10/4/2014based on the reviews which seemed overall very good, we perhaps hit them on an off night. Service was good but considering they are a chophouse, very dissappointed with their cuts of meat and how they cook them. My wife's tenderloin had to be sent back, ordered med/rare, got well done, two of us ordered a 10oz prime rib, pretty sad, looked more like a piece of flank steak and very thin,again more on the well done as opposed to Med.all the sides were cold as well....drinks were good, overall not a place that had me feeling I must come back to, far better steak options elsewhere in Calgary.
- Steak cooked to perfectionDonnaDined on 10/3/2014My dining partner and I arrived at the restaurant and declared that we were both "starving". We very desperately ordered very stiff drinks and very rare steaks. All was served just as we had ordered - perfection.Special Features:
- Very GoodTuscanyBrentDined on 10/3/2014Had a wonderful meal, in a great environment with my customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business LunchsloughsharkDined on 10/2/2014Food and wine selection was excellent. Mostly business lunch clientele with a good atmosphere, attentive and professional service without being overbearing. I had the beef tenderloin salad and it was was done to perfection as ordered and highly recommended for a good lunch portion of beef & greens. Menu looks to have a great variety for every appetite and price range. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Alberta Kobe steak at VintageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We took a BC friend who is well travelled to Vintage for a good steak. We were not disappointed. Russell our server was excellent, coming just at the right times to check on us. Our steaks were perfect. He has gone to Bc raving about Vintage.Special Features:
- Lunch service a little slowcbethVIPDined on 9/29/201410 of us went for lunch and the service was a little slow. We were told about the special (prime rib sandwich), several people ordered it. The waitress came back as they were out of the special. When asked why at 12:10 pm they were out of the lunch special she explained it was from last night. We witnessed other tables that had ordered after us, receive their food. I understand that a larger table can take longer to have all the meals prepared, but feel that when gratuity is automatically included, there should be some level of priority. Overall the food was very good, but the waitress did not come back to the table to check on the quality until most of us were finished, which was too bad as water and soda refills were needed.Special Features:
- A little disappointed.FoodventuristVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have been to Vintage a few times now, and this time was rather disappointing. The service was absolutely slow, and it took 45 minutes before our orders were even taken which was unacceptable. I also made a specific request to be seated at the lounge. Upon arrival, I was told that they could not accommodate the request. However I understand that such requests are on an availability basis. I ordered the wagyu beef and I was thoroughly disappointed. It was extremely chewy and closer to medium-well then medium, which is not how the consistency of wagyu should be.Special Features:
- JayDeeDined on 9/27/2014Expensive but delicious and service was excellent.
- CommentsabbieDined on 9/27/2014I recently had a second visit to the restaurant. I enjoyed the ambiance. The food was great with good portion sizes. In particular, the steak was outstanding and different from all the steaks, I had in Calgary. This is the main reason of my visit to the Vintage chophouse. The dessert preparation took time and in my case it took 45 minutes as one of the desserts broke. Nonetheless, it was courteous of the management, as they waived the dessert price on my bill. Also I am a firm beleiver that accidents do happen. I will recommend Vintage Chophouse to my friends and visit again, sometime in the future. My only recommendation will be to turn down the heat, being slightly uncomfortable in busy hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end to casualDianeADined on 9/25/2014I work close to where Vintage Chophouse is located so I've been there for lunch, dinner and drinks. It's a great place whether you live in the area and want to find a nice restaurant or bar where you can go in dressed to the nines or just in your jeans! Great food, knowledgeable staff on their wine selection as well as the food and a relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food everytime!SandieDined on 9/23/2014Great as always! The staff always make you feel really important!
- Great Service, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We were here on Sept 20/14 celebrating a birthday. The steaks were perfectly cooked and definitely delicious. Our server, Michelle, did a wonderful job of taking care of our needs. It was to be a romantic dinner for the two of us. Unfortunately we were seated by a large group also celebrating a birthday. It was unfortunate because they acted as if they were the only people in the restaurant. It wasn't boisterous behaviour, it was extremely rude and obnoxious. Our server was attentive to our needs and apologetic for the noise level. I'd recommend you ask for one of the tables in the back if you want a more romantic evening out; or even if you'd like to have a decent level of conversation. But the service, food and wine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vintage Chophouse & Tavernjumper314Dined on 9/20/2014Although my food was excellent, can't say the same for my wife's. Found a dried up rubbery piece of escargot in her appetizer. So, she did not finish it. We ordered the Waygu rib eye steaks for our main course. Her steak contained alot of grissol, very unappetizing. Dessert was amazing as well as the service.Special Features:
- Mostly greatspecialeveningDined on 9/15/2014I was the guest of 3 other companions visiting from out of town. They raved about the ambiance, the service and especially their tenderloin. I had the prime rib. Unfortunately I cannot rave about my choice. It was barely warm and without much flavor. There was a rather long wait between the starters and the entree course. Thus an unplanned second round of wine was ordered. The sides were very tasty as were the desserts. The service excellent, non intrusive and very polite.Special Features:
- Excellent Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We went to Vintage for a nice family dinner. We wanted a good steak and Vintage did not disappoint. The meal and service were both very good. The sides are sharable so we might have ordered a bit more than we could eat. We never even had an appetizer - so the portions were generous. We felt a bit rushed through the meal, however. For example, we had to initiate the order for pre-dinner cocktails and coffee at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- old reliable...DrewDined on 9/13/2014I'm not much for going out for steak, I feel like I can find good quality meat, prepare and cook it to my liking. However, with my mom in town from Vancouver and something to celebrate, we thought it appropriate to treat ourselves to Alberta's finest. We were not disappointed. From the get go, the service was excellent and the food top notch. Our server Jeremy was very attentive, while not overwhelming and was extremely knowledgeable. We had an excellent meal and will definitely return the next time an out of towner needs a proper steak experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TMichelleVDined on 9/13/2014For our 4th anniversary and my birthday, Vintage seated us at a lovely private booth and offered us complimentary champagne and dessert which was such a pleasant surprise! They were very attentive and were wonderful in making this a very special and enjoyable evening for us. The appetizers were excellent (particularly the crab cake which my partner still raves about it being the best crab cake he ever ate), the main courses, pretty good, and the dessert, delicious. The only minor thing is that we didn't find the waiters' "butcher coat" very appealing and fitted for eating out at a finer restaurant. We understand it is to fit the chop house feel, and know that it is only a matter of our personal preference.Special Features:
- Best steak and service in CalgaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Our first time at Vintage and WE LOVED IT! From the moment we walked in, until we walked out, WOW. Our server was awesome, the food was exceptional and the experience was perfect. It is not a cheap place to eat, but for the perfectly cooked steaks that we had, we were had no complaints about pricing. We would go back in a second and plan to so we can have the Sticky Toffee Pudding (I read great things about it). It was my wife's birthday but we were too full to eat the free desert he offered us for her birthday. Because we couldn't eat the desert, he took $10.00 off of our bill. WOW, he didn't have to do that but that was another unbelievably classy thing to do. I give this restaurant my highest approval rating in YYC!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in townBradLegDined on 9/13/2014This was my third time going to Vintage. The food is always delicious and the service is second to none. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The server we had could not get our orders right dispite multiple attempts to correct him our food still did not come out right. My client ended up with an entirely different meal than he had ordered and had to wait for his food to be redone. everyone was finished there meal by the time his food had arrived. The server was terrible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!SandieDined on 9/12/2014Awesome food! Fabulous service! Favourite place to go with clients and on my own! Never disappointed! Waiter, one of the best!Special Features:
- AMAZING food & FIRST CLASS service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014I never write reviews but the service at Vintage was so good that id feel terrible not leaving them an amazing review.... My steak was, as usual, AMAZING but my wife's steak's crust/outside was a little too burnt for her liking so they took it back and cooked her another one which she loved. When we came to pay they wouldn't let us pay a penny and took care of the whole bill for us. We tried to reason with them and have them maybe only take her meal off the bill but they weren't having any of it and wouldn't let us pay for anything. I've never seen this kind of service ANYWHERE in Calgary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rico88Dined on 9/10/2014We were there for our anniversary and we had a nice romantic table for 2 away from any groups. Servive was great and so was the food. Steaks were cooked perfectly and the wine was amazing as well.Special Features:
- Great PicklylehmanVIPDined on 9/7/2014we were looking for a place to dine on a Sunday when we used OpenTable to help us and found this pace. It was a great opportunity. Food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Dinner reservations for 9, live band away from the dinner area. Excellent service, steak prepared as ordered "Rare", staff very friendly, engaged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak houseeatalotDined on 9/2/2014This is a first rate steak house. We had an all round great experience. The quality of the food was first class. The server was attentive, humorous and knowledgeable. Definately the best steak house I have been to in calgary.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014A little pricey but worth it. Food excellent and live music and dancing was good. Good ambiance overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!ShortsguyandsnarkVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wow Serivice was perfect Food as incredible The facility itself was really fitting Seafood tower was sooo good and had a calimari salad which was so tasty Our steaks were picked based on what were told our waiter we enjoyed and he was bang on cooked to perfection with asparagus and mushrooms wine paired him as well Lemon maringue pie for dessert was beyond great Super evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSinclairDined on 8/29/2014Great oysters. Great steak. Great wine. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaDog150Dined on 8/29/2014The ambience was fine. The steaks left a little to be desired: my wife's tenderloin was under-cooked; my rib steak was fine; the rest of the food was excellent - creamed spinach and mushrooms, the appies were fine except the oysters Rockefeller were over-spiced; The service was excellent; Michelle was an absolute treat - bring her on again! she's the winner! otherwise, well done all of your Poste-service: - great coffee We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will recommend to othersLunch4myTeamDined on 8/27/2014Great restaurant for a work lunch. Will be back to try the dinner menu!Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was delicious and we will going back again. The service was great and timely.Special Features:
- Steak lover's findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. Excellent tuna tartare and wedge salad. Would have liked to try the crab cake which they were out of. The steaks were tender and extremely flavorful. The sides were also great - creamed spinach was the best ever, as we're the mushrooms. No room for dessert. Very extensive and notable wine list. Would certainly like to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We took advantage of the Sunday Dinner. Food was very good!!! We enjoyed ourselves, our waiter was charming and friendly and was really good about our drink requests and was also very attentive.Special Features: