Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
322 11 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0C5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vintagechophouse.com/
- Phone: 4032627262
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Wednesday 11am - midnight; Thursday & Friday 11am - 2am; Saturday 5pm - 2am; Sunday 5pm - 10pm; Please be advised that Vintage Chophouse & Tavern does not permit minors due to government regulations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andrew Keen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer five different special event rooms. Our private dining room offers a completely private board-room setting for 28, private foyer, hidden drop down screen and elegant decor. Our exclusive Beringer room is a semi-private circular room with a hi-top circular table that seats up to 12, ideal for interactive, communal dining. Our Bistro dining room is a raised area, semi-private which can accommodate up to 46. This room can also be used as a private cocktail area for up to 70. Our Main dining room can accommodate up to 72, offering a combination of booths and tables. Our tavern can accommodate up to 200 for a private function.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Stephure 4037050577
- Entertainment: Live music. Contemporary Jazz & Blues.
Friday, 5:30pm - 7:00 pm, 9:30pm - 12:30am.
Saturday 9:30pm - 12:30am.
- Special Events: We offer five different rooms and a flexible range of menus to accommodate your special event. Please contact Carolyn at 403-705-0577 or email@example.com and she'd be pleased to assist your event.
A word from Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
Vintage Chophouse is a classic steakhouse with contemporary flair, offering a compelling menu for the true steak lover combined with internationally diverse choices for those with something else in mind. Our award winning wine list features more than 300 wines from around the world. With five different rooms, Vintage offers something for every occasion, featuring our signature Beringer Room with a hi-top circular table ideal for intimate gatherings of 8 - 12 in a semi-private room. Enjoy our contemporary yet comfortable dining room, or relax in our New York style tavern. Overstuffed leather club chairs, or our intimate leather booths are the perfect place from which to catch the game on two 40" plasma televisions. Every Friday and Saturday evening you can loosen up and listen to live jazz and blues. We are the proud recipient of Wine Spectator Awards since 2005. In 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Wine Spectator honored Vintage Chophouse & Tavern with the Best of Award of ExcellenceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vintage Chophouse & Tavern - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Vintage Chophouse & Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)notable wine list (87)romantic (72)fit for foodies (67)good for groups (45)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (10)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We went to Vintage for a nice family dinner. We wanted a good steak and Vintage did not disappoint. The meal and service were both very good. The sides are sharable so we might have ordered a bit more than we could eat. We never even had an appetizer - so the portions were generous. We felt a bit rushed through the meal, however. For example, we had to initiate the order for pre-dinner cocktails and coffee at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- old reliable...DrewDined on 9/13/2014I'm not much for going out for steak, I feel like I can find good quality meat, prepare and cook it to my liking. However, with my mom in town from Vancouver and something to celebrate, we thought it appropriate to treat ourselves to Alberta's finest. We were not disappointed. From the get go, the service was excellent and the food top notch. Our server Jeremy was very attentive, while not overwhelming and was extremely knowledgeable. We had an excellent meal and will definitely return the next time an out of towner needs a proper steak experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak and service in CalgaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Our first time at Vintage and WE LOVED IT! From the moment we walked in, until we walked out, WOW. Our server was awesome, the food was exceptional and the experience was perfect. It is not a cheap place to eat, but for the perfectly cooked steaks that we had, we were had no complaints about pricing. We would go back in a second and plan to so we can have the Sticky Toffee Pudding (I read great things about it). It was my wife's birthday but we were too full to eat the free desert he offered us for her birthday. Because we couldn't eat the desert, he took $10.00 off of our bill. WOW, he didn't have to do that but that was another unbelievably classy thing to do. I give this restaurant my highest approval rating in YYC!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in townBradLegDined on 9/13/2014This was my third time going to Vintage. The food is always delicious and the service is second to none. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The server we had could not get our orders right dispite multiple attempts to correct him our food still did not come out right. My client ended up with an entirely different meal than he had ordered and had to wait for his food to be redone. everyone was finished there meal by the time his food had arrived. The server was terrible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING food & FIRST CLASS service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014I never write reviews but the service at Vintage was so good that id feel terrible not leaving them an amazing review.... My steak was, as usual, AMAZING but my wife's steak's crust/outside was a little too burnt for her liking so they took it back and cooked her another one which she loved. When we came to pay they wouldn't let us pay a penny and took care of the whole bill for us. We tried to reason with them and have them maybe only take her meal off the bill but they weren't having any of it and wouldn't let us pay for anything. I've never seen this kind of service ANYWHERE in Calgary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rico88Dined on 9/10/2014We were there for our anniversary and we had a nice romantic table for 2 away from any groups. Servive was great and so was the food. Steaks were cooked perfectly and the wine was amazing as well.Special Features:
- Great PicklylehmanVIPDined on 9/7/2014we were looking for a place to dine on a Sunday when we used OpenTable to help us and found this pace. It was a great opportunity. Food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Dinner reservations for 9, live band away from the dinner area. Excellent service, steak prepared as ordered "Rare", staff very friendly, engaged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak houseeatalotDined on 9/2/2014This is a first rate steak house. We had an all round great experience. The quality of the food was first class. The server was attentive, humorous and knowledgeable. Definately the best steak house I have been to in calgary.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014A little pricey but worth it. Food excellent and live music and dancing was good. Good ambiance overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!ShortsguyandsnarkVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wow Serivice was perfect Food as incredible The facility itself was really fitting Seafood tower was sooo good and had a calimari salad which was so tasty Our steaks were picked based on what were told our waiter we enjoyed and he was bang on cooked to perfection with asparagus and mushrooms wine paired him as well Lemon maringue pie for dessert was beyond great Super evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSinclairDined on 8/29/2014Great oysters. Great steak. Great wine. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaDog150Dined on 8/29/2014The ambience was fine. The steaks left a little to be desired: my wife's tenderloin was under-cooked; my rib steak was fine; the rest of the food was excellent - creamed spinach and mushrooms, the appies were fine except the oysters Rockefeller were over-spiced; The service was excellent; Michelle was an absolute treat - bring her on again! she's the winner! otherwise, well done all of your Poste-service: - great coffee We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will recommend to othersLunch4myTeamDined on 8/27/2014Great restaurant for a work lunch. Will be back to try the dinner menu!Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was delicious and we will going back again. The service was great and timely.Special Features:
- Steak lover's findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. Excellent tuna tartare and wedge salad. Would have liked to try the crab cake which they were out of. The steaks were tender and extremely flavorful. The sides were also great - creamed spinach was the best ever, as we're the mushrooms. No room for dessert. Very extensive and notable wine list. Would certainly like to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We took advantage of the Sunday Dinner. Food was very good!!! We enjoyed ourselves, our waiter was charming and friendly and was really good about our drink requests and was also very attentive.Special Features:
- Awesome steak!RedwinedemiDined on 8/23/2014Best steak of my life! Good sized portions, although you really are paying for them. The free bread they give you after you order might be hard. The server just said sorry and didn't replace them. I must say the Red Wine Demi Glaze was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started out as a 9 and ended up a 7Luv2eatDined on 8/23/2014Everything was fabulous, wonderful, fresh oysters, delicious tuna tartare, crab cake very good, amazing wagu beef special . . . Then the music started in the bar at 10 p.m. Ambience killed and talking formidable. Not appropriate for high end restaurant. All that aside, the service was excellent. The wagu special was just that, special! Tender, tasty and expensive! The other steak was tasty but not special - something you could get anywhere for less. They recommend steak be cooked to medium and I enjoy mine cooked a little less. Spinach side very tasty but scallop potatoes too greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentRibIDined on 8/22/2014Compared to other steak houses in Calgary I feel that the Vintage is elegant without being pretentious (they know their stuff) and serves good quality steak consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014The food was fantastic. I brought my family who traveled to Calgary from out of province and they said it was one of the best steaks they have ever had. I have taken them to a number of restaurants since their arrival and this was by far their favorite dining experience.Special Features:
- AGAG1234Dined on 8/15/2014We went to Vintage to celebrate my partner's graduation from Nursing school. The service was great, atmosphere was lovely. They had live music playing in the lounge which was very enjoyable and could be heard from the dining room. We both ordered steaks and they were presented and cooked perfectly, sides were great as well. My only complaint would be that the sides and sauces were a little cold when they reached the table, but that's me being picky form years managing in the industry. Overall wonderful experience, and we'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Happy anniversaryAwesomeDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I went for the 1st time for our anniversary and it was fantastic. The server was great and showed us and described all of the cuts of beef before we ordered. No one has ever done that before. The steak was incredible. In my top 5 for sure. Would go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not thr bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Service was slow and we seemed forgotten at times but the steak was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouseShadowDined on 8/6/2014Classic steakhouse with great service; wait staff REALLY knew their food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best food/service in Calgary.1986kimberlyMDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant had a classic steakhouse feel, with an elegant dining ambiance. The food was impeccably crafted; with the service being particularly well rounded including excellent wine pairings. Timing of the food was as close to perfect as possible and fairly reasonable in price considering the level of excellence their chef's have most certainly reached.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantRSMohamedVIPDined on 7/24/2014Ordinarily I am not the type of guy would likes to spend a lot of money on dining out. But whenever I feeling like treating myself or others Vintage is always my spot. The food is always consistent and delicious, I recommend the cowboy cut prime rib, brocollini and lobster mashed potatoes. And the wine list is second to none. If you ever have a question about the wine list or need a recommendation Dean is your man, easily Calgary's best and friendliest sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantasticBear62Dined on 7/19/2014Dined at Vintage for the 4th time this past weekend and continue to be amazed at the stellar quality of the food and service. We've had a different server each time and each has brought their own charm and smarts to perfectly round out the whole dining experience. The food is so good just the aroma starts to work on your senses upon arrival at the table. You can't beat that. For us it's a bit pricey, but probably not by Calgary standards these days - and it is so worth it, without question. Can't wait till next time.Special Features:
- Great Food!GreatFoodDined on 7/19/2014We were overall impressed with our experience at Vintage. Although, I believe my boyfriend's steak and my steak were mixed up. I ordered medium rare, and he ordered medium - but he got medium rare and I got the medium. They were delicious though, so we didn't mention it to our server. The sides were wonderful, we especially loved the mushrooms and jalepeno corn. My oscar topping for my steak was to die for. Cocktails were very tasty as well. Overall, it was a great experience, and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really NICE!TheaterLoveDined on 7/14/2014This was the best restaurant we found in Calgary! Steaks delicious and the toffee pudding dessert fabulous (although it is NOT toffee or pudding). Wonderful way to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary!Special Features:
- short ribs to die foroutlaw69Dined on 7/10/2014man does that chef know how to cook short ribs. Flavor was unbelievable and melt in your mouth meat.Special Features:
- meat presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014ask them for it! (they'll offer it if its your first time) it's so educational and seeing the actual meat before it's cooked is pretty neat too!. great quality steak. i got the butchers block which is a special and i got the wagyu beef steak for $66 .. amazing!Special Features:
- awesome foodgm89Dined on 7/7/2014This place is consistently awesome. The steak quality is phenomenal . The service exceptional. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backKathyDined on 6/28/2014We were celebrating mt husbands retirement. We were greeted at the door by 3 staff, seated immediately, water glasses on table constantly refilled, server was very professional, very prompt, not overly chatty - much better than most other spots. The wine selection was great, and well priced (which was expected, as they do not have a corkage policy so we couldn't bring our own ) The servers knowledge of the beef cuts was impressive, and the taste of our beef was fabulous. She recommended the Butchers block at med-med rare, we would have preferred it to be on the rarer side. The veg are served family style, and again, all were great, good flavour and not overdone.Special Features:
- We have been many times, ButRetoDined on 6/27/2014The last two times we have been very disappointed. We know they can do a better job so hopefully they will improveSpecial Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysLkarbaDined on 6/26/2014The waiters are also so knowledgable about steaks and wine. I go every time I'm in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service so-so foodTeeBDined on 6/24/2014Our server Mike was phenomenal and he have good wine and cocktail recommendations. He was very pleasant and offered great information on the rest and menu. Our appetizers were phenomenal - oysters and the crab cake (though the bearnaise was really rich and unnecessary for the dish) but when our mains came we were totally underwhelmed! The night was saved by the amazing sticky toffee pudding, the ambiance and great service. But given the pricing, I'd expect a lot more! Similar establishments in other cities have always blown us away, Vintage was more a B+ than A+!Special Features:
- SOOO GOOD4LadiesDined on 6/24/2014The food was amazing...maybe the best rib eye I have ever tasted! The family style sides were fun and delicious!! Service was superb and not at all intrusive. The atmosphere was perfect for a friends dinner or a romantic evening. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in CalgaryReluctantTravellerDined on 6/23/2014Vintage Chophouse was the perfect choice before heading off to a concert. Our server was attentive, professional and readily made suggestions when we were ordering. The result was an incredible dinner. Both the baked and the fresh mussels were fantastic. The rib eye steak was cooked to perfection, the steak tartar was outstanding and the sides (beets and asparagus) were great. It's hard to beat Vintage for great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.