Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
322 11 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0C5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vintagechophouse.com/
- Phone: (403) 262-7262
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Wednesday 11am - midnight; Thursday & Friday 11am - 2am; Saturday 5pm - 2am; Sunday 5pm - 10pm; Please be advised that Vintage Chophouse & Tavern does not permit minors due to government regulations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andrew Keen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer five different special event rooms. Our private dining room offers a completely private board-room setting for 28, private foyer, hidden drop down screen and elegant decor. Our exclusive Beringer room is a semi-private circular room with a hi-top circular table that seats up to 12, ideal for interactive, communal dining. Our Bistro dining room is a raised area, semi-private which can accommodate up to 46. This room can also be used as a private cocktail area for up to 70. Our Main dining room can accommodate up to 72, offering a combination of booths and tables. Our tavern can accommodate up to 200 for a private function.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Stephure 4037050577x
- Entertainment: Live music. Contemporary Jazz & Blues.
Friday, 5:30pm - 7:00 pm, 9:30pm - 12:30am.
Saturday 9:30pm - 12:30am.
- Special Events: We offer five different rooms and a flexible range of menus to accommodate your special event. Please contact Carolyn at 403-705-0577 or email@example.com and she'd be pleased to assist your event.
A word from Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
Vintage Chophouse is a classic steakhouse with contemporary flair, offering a compelling menu for the true steak lover combined with internationally diverse choices for those with something else in mind. Our award winning wine list features more than 300 wines from around the world. With five different rooms, Vintage offers something for every occasion, featuring our signature Beringer Room with a hi-top circular table ideal for intimate gatherings of 8 - 12 in a semi-private room. Enjoy our contemporary yet comfortable dining room, or relax in our New York style tavern. Overstuffed leather club chairs, or our intimate leather booths are the perfect place from which to catch the game on two 40" plasma televisions. Every Friday and Saturday evening you can loosen up and listen to live jazz and blues. We are the proud recipient of Wine Spectator Awards since 2005. In 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Wine Spectator honored Vintage Chophouse & Tavern with the Best of Award of ExcellenceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Vintage Chophouse & Tavern - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Vintage Chophouse & Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)notable wine list (90)romantic (81)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (59)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best Steak. Always the right serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2014I enjoy your service as well as being able to count on an excellent meal every time. See you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch for (6)RobertDined on 11/25/2014Not a regular visitor, but never disappointed. Service was professional, prompt. Meals plated quickly. Meat portions prepared exactly as ordered by all. Very good experience. Will return more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014We always go here when we are in town. The steak just mets in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service better then foodLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/20/2014Standard steakhouse; nothing exceptional. Inconsistent cooking in the piece of meat I received.
- Good Food; Good Service; Expensive WineDennis1Dined on 11/17/2014Everything is great about this restaurant, the rib for two is outstanding. The service is superb, professional, respectful. I think everything is fantastic. If the wine prices weren't so high, we might spend more but to pay 3x store price is too high (a Calgary norm). It should only be 2x store price. Maybe Vintage can set a trend in Calgary and bring the wine price down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in the cityjkinnon123VIPDined on 11/15/2014This is by far the best steak in the city. My Fiance and I always go here when we want to have a nice date night with great food and great wine. I also highly Recommend the truffle Mac and Cheese and the creme brule if you have room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a special occasionKelseyDined on 11/14/2014We first attended Vintage for our 1 year wedding anniversary and for two years we have been singing its praises as the best meal/dining experience we have had in Calgary. We were unable to attend for our second anniversary (our son was born the next day) but it was a no-brainer that is where we would go for our 3rd wedding anniversary last week. I specified online that it was our anniversary (we felt we got the royal treatment on our first anniversary - special table, great service, acknowledgment of our special occasion). This time our server never even greeted us, nor did she introduce herself at any point in the night. The whole night we were attended to by different people, all of whom were very "get to the point, drop the food/drinks off and move-on" kind of service. The service was very slow although they seemed to be staffed well. When I say slow, I mean 15 minutes to bring a glass of wine. Our table was right in traffic central, next to a serving station at the top of the stairs. Super busy and not at all intimate (again, we had specified this was our anniversary). The only fast service was the delivery of the bill. The wine was good and the food was fine but not outstanding Maybe it was the whole experience that made us feel like it was just a mediocre evening. In no way was our experience terrible, but I feel we were hoping for more for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, not too formal, real tableclothsDennis1Dined on 11/13/2014Great food - steaks are 1st class, very good service, ambiance excellent. real table cloths and bonus - bar tender looks like Adrian Brody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stupendous SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Highly recommend the 14 oz waggu rib eye done medium. Fabulously done! Steak fries are absolutely tasty. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service did not compliment quality of foodcrystalDined on 11/11/2014Our server was great and very attentive to our needs. The quality of food was disappointing for the rating of the restaurant. We are not big eaters and usually share an entrée so we allow ourselves the opportunity to eat at high priced establishments with the expectations that the food will be worth every penny. Although the service was good, the wine and the oysters very good, the entrée of braised beef rib was disappointing. If asked for a fine dining option to eat in Calgary we would not recommend the chop house.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2014I have been a patron for over 5 years and am finding the service and food going downhill.
- Best steakhouse in townJD32Dined on 11/7/2014Unbelievable. Never had a bad experience at Vintage. You know what you're paying for and it's the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehhhyycFoodGuyDined on 11/4/2014service was great the accompaniments were great the steak only so so
- 9/10 ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014Food: 5/5 Ordered the scallop appetizer, lamb chops, and tenderloin steak. Scallops were perfect. Lamb chops were finely seasoned and arguably one the best I have ever had. Steak was a tad too salty but tender and cooked to perfection. Service: 4/5. The staff was attentive. Highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at VintageRyanVIPDined on 10/30/2014Great steaks! onion rings are to die for as well!!Special Features:
- Best Steak of TripTexasToddVIPDined on 10/29/2014I've eaten quite a few steaks in my 1.5 week trip to Calgary, and this was the best steak of the trip. The wagyu rib eye was an outstanding cut of meat, and the chef's did it justice by cooking it perfectly medium rare and seasoning to perfection. The waitress was attentive, funny, and knew the menu very well. All in all a nice experience I look forward to repeating in the future.Special Features:
- Great NightDineorwhineDined on 10/28/2014Vintage always delivers. Great food and great staff that create an interactive experience. Try to dine there once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here!GraelienDined on 10/25/2014Server showed us all the meat cuts on a board with great knowledge of each. Food arrived fast and hot, best steak and crab legs I ever devoured. You well not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedZipolitanaDined on 10/24/2014I've been there twice and loved it, food,service, everything was great so I went we a couple of friends and this time food was alright, steak was cook at such high temp that it was burnt outside, the sides were overly salty and the worst was the service. The waiter was useless in terms of wine recommendations, comes to the table gives us a taste of the wine he recommended, we did not quite like it and said we would rather another bottle of the first wine we had and he said he just opened the bottle and we have to pay for it..... What is the point of giving a taste? What kind of restaurant is this?? The experience was less than great and totally not to the expectations... I will find hard to recommend this place or go there again.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/22/2014this restaurant is way over price from the "still" water to the market fresh fish that was dry.Special Features:
- What a meal...AKyummsDined on 10/19/2014Though not wowed by our baked oysters (not our favorite anyways, risky choice), we had the BEST dinner. We ordered the Ahi Tuna and Salmon steak, both of which were large servings and soooo delicious. For our sides we ordered the bacon scalloped potatoes, asparagus, and mac n cheese. Let me say... it was the best mac and cheese I've ever had. It overshadowed the scalloped potatoes which is pretty hard to do. Our server was very nice and attentive and we had a great time. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDinningDined on 10/15/2014Vintage has not disappointed me. A very elegant restaurant with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sides should be served with steak!MLBeattyDined on 10/11/2014Very personable staff! My husbands steak seemed like it sat under the warming table to the point where it was almost cold, too long before being served. My steak & my friends was perfect Med-rare. Our steak came out but We had to wait for the sides for at least 5-6 mins after the steak was served. We wondered if they were coming. Potatoes and asparagus were delicious when finally served. Brocollini was not tender crisp but rather still too raw. Excellent crab cakes! Ambiance wonderful, wine list extensive. Staff personable and fun! I was disappointed that they didn't acknowledge that it was my friends birthday though even after I put it in comments on Open Table AND mentioned it to the waiter at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.C3trevorDined on 10/11/2014One of our favorites! Always high food quality and pleasant nuance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service - great foodladiesniteDined on 10/10/2014he service we experienced was not indicative for the price and style of restaurant. The lady that opened the front door we thought was to welcome us but turned out she had parking questions. No welcome. Th hostess seemed confused by our request to sit in the lounge and server couldn't have been more unfriendly. She treated us like a nuisance even with a $600 bill. Very disappointing. Food was excellent. I wish more restaurants would put emphasis on training service.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningNathanDined on 10/9/2014I took my wife there for our 10th wedding anniversary, and from the moment we arrived it was all around great experience. The atmosphere and the food of Vintage was fabulous. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to have a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that impressedtimmygDined on 10/4/2014based on the reviews which seemed overall very good, we perhaps hit them on an off night. Service was good but considering they are a chophouse, very dissappointed with their cuts of meat and how they cook them. My wife's tenderloin had to be sent back, ordered med/rare, got well done, two of us ordered a 10oz prime rib, pretty sad, looked more like a piece of flank steak and very thin,again more on the well done as opposed to Med.all the sides were cold as well....drinks were good, overall not a place that had me feeling I must come back to, far better steak options elsewhere in Calgary.
- Steak cooked to perfectionDonnaDined on 10/3/2014My dining partner and I arrived at the restaurant and declared that we were both "starving". We very desperately ordered very stiff drinks and very rare steaks. All was served just as we had ordered - perfection.Special Features:
- Very GoodTuscanyBrentDined on 10/3/2014Had a wonderful meal, in a great environment with my customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business LunchsloughsharkDined on 10/2/2014Food and wine selection was excellent. Mostly business lunch clientele with a good atmosphere, attentive and professional service without being overbearing. I had the beef tenderloin salad and it was was done to perfection as ordered and highly recommended for a good lunch portion of beef & greens. Menu looks to have a great variety for every appetite and price range. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Alberta Kobe steak at VintageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We took a BC friend who is well travelled to Vintage for a good steak. We were not disappointed. Russell our server was excellent, coming just at the right times to check on us. Our steaks were perfect. He has gone to Bc raving about Vintage.Special Features:
- Lunch service a little slowcbethVIPDined on 9/29/201410 of us went for lunch and the service was a little slow. We were told about the special (prime rib sandwich), several people ordered it. The waitress came back as they were out of the special. When asked why at 12:10 pm they were out of the lunch special she explained it was from last night. We witnessed other tables that had ordered after us, receive their food. I understand that a larger table can take longer to have all the meals prepared, but feel that when gratuity is automatically included, there should be some level of priority. Overall the food was very good, but the waitress did not come back to the table to check on the quality until most of us were finished, which was too bad as water and soda refills were needed.Special Features:
- A little disappointed.FoodventuristVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have been to Vintage a few times now, and this time was rather disappointing. The service was absolutely slow, and it took 45 minutes before our orders were even taken which was unacceptable. I also made a specific request to be seated at the lounge. Upon arrival, I was told that they could not accommodate the request. However I understand that such requests are on an availability basis. I ordered the wagyu beef and I was thoroughly disappointed. It was extremely chewy and closer to medium-well then medium, which is not how the consistency of wagyu should be.Special Features:
- JayDeeDined on 9/27/2014Expensive but delicious and service was excellent.
- CommentsabbieDined on 9/27/2014I recently had a second visit to the restaurant. I enjoyed the ambiance. The food was great with good portion sizes. In particular, the steak was outstanding and different from all the steaks, I had in Calgary. This is the main reason of my visit to the Vintage chophouse. The dessert preparation took time and in my case it took 45 minutes as one of the desserts broke. Nonetheless, it was courteous of the management, as they waived the dessert price on my bill. Also I am a firm beleiver that accidents do happen. I will recommend Vintage Chophouse to my friends and visit again, sometime in the future. My only recommendation will be to turn down the heat, being slightly uncomfortable in busy hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end to casualDianeADined on 9/25/2014I work close to where Vintage Chophouse is located so I've been there for lunch, dinner and drinks. It's a great place whether you live in the area and want to find a nice restaurant or bar where you can go in dressed to the nines or just in your jeans! Great food, knowledgeable staff on their wine selection as well as the food and a relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food everytime!SandieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great as always! The staff always make you feel really important!
- Great Service, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We were here on Sept 20/14 celebrating a birthday. The steaks were perfectly cooked and definitely delicious. Our server, Michelle, did a wonderful job of taking care of our needs. It was to be a romantic dinner for the two of us. Unfortunately we were seated by a large group also celebrating a birthday. It was unfortunate because they acted as if they were the only people in the restaurant. It wasn't boisterous behaviour, it was extremely rude and obnoxious. Our server was attentive to our needs and apologetic for the noise level. I'd recommend you ask for one of the tables in the back if you want a more romantic evening out; or even if you'd like to have a decent level of conversation. But the service, food and wine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vintage Chophouse & Tavernjumper314Dined on 9/20/2014Although my food was excellent, can't say the same for my wife's. Found a dried up rubbery piece of escargot in her appetizer. So, she did not finish it. We ordered the Waygu rib eye steaks for our main course. Her steak contained alot of grissol, very unappetizing. Dessert was amazing as well as the service.Special Features:
- Mostly greatspecialeveningDined on 9/15/2014I was the guest of 3 other companions visiting from out of town. They raved about the ambiance, the service and especially their tenderloin. I had the prime rib. Unfortunately I cannot rave about my choice. It was barely warm and without much flavor. There was a rather long wait between the starters and the entree course. Thus an unplanned second round of wine was ordered. The sides were very tasty as were the desserts. The service excellent, non intrusive and very polite.Special Features: