6741 Bright Ave
Whittier, CA 90601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.uptownvintagecafe.com/
- Phone: 5626965050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for your catering needs.
- Special Events: Vintage Cafe is available for private events Mondays & Sundays. For other days, please contact us.
A word from Vintage Cafe
Welcome to Vintage Café! Located in historic Uptown Whittier, we are one of the areas newest and most unique restaurants. Vintage Café is dedicated to creating a neighborhood restaurant experience that maintains American Classic attributes with a bit of a French influence, while serving superior food and delivering excellent service. Vintage Cafe offers a full bar. Vintage Café, where ambiance and great dining come together for a most memorable experience! We are open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vintage Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Started off with the SpicyJudeeDined on 8/17/2012Started off with the Spicy Mango Margaritas and for dinner Coq au Vin, absolutely delish!! Creme Brulee to finish the night. As always spectacular...5 stars!Special Features:
- Very inviting neighborhoodBirthdayGroupDined on 8/16/2012Very inviting neighborhood hot spot. Great bar. Good food. Booths in the back for those who don't want to see & be seen!Special Features:
- Great lunch spot in Uptown WhittierXtfrLeeDined on 8/15/2012Went with a group of seven for lunch. Meals ranged from pasta, to burgers, to salads, and fish tacos. Everyone was impressed with the quality, taste, and quantity of food provided.Special Features:
- Nice option in WhittierOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/14/2012Our first visit, had a very nice time. We had a booth in the rear (though they also have tables in the front by the window. Server was quite knowledgeable about the ingredients and the preparations. We had a wedge salad that was first rate. Entrees were nightly specials. Lamb chops on pasta had excellent flavor for both the meat and the sauce. Red snapper was very nicely prepared, with fish that had perfect texture and flavor. These were both composed plates, very nicely done. Desserts were just as they should have been, too. Our only gripe is that although the food prices are quite reasonable, their wine prices seem high for their menu- reds start at $36.Special Features:
- Spicy mango martini! DeliciousMelroseDined on 7/12/2012Spicy mango martini! Delicious food, good service and did satisfy my special request for location to sit that I posted to opentable reservation. My only negative is bar area is so near to the seating area (sat in the rear) that the loud boisterous bar groups makes it a bit trying for dinner conversation. Otherwise will still go for the food!Special Features:
- A gem in WhittierOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Have come here twice for lunch with the girlfriends and really enjoyed the food, very friendly & attentive but not intrusive service, and great ambience. Everything my friends and I ordered, we enjoyed, and I'm pretty picky! This restaurant has brought me back to Uptown Whittier which I hadn't been to in years. Even the "powder room" was clean and charming!Special Features:
- Overall the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2012Overall the experience was good. The tables in the back are subject to noise from the large group table that is back there. Sat there both times we have eaten there and had the same issue.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2012Excellent food and service. The Spicy Mango Martini's are fabulous! Will return.Special Features:
- jackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012It was delicious,and the soup was so good I had two bowls! The waiter rinsed my clam shell so I could take it home. He is a nice man.Special Features:
- We brought some friends withGreentireDined on 5/3/2012We brought some friends with us from Indiana and were hoping to impress them with this gem from our neighborhood. We had lamb and pork chops and salmon and a chicken dish (4 adults). Our friends were impressed.Special Features:
- I love the martinis & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012I love the martinis & food here.Its a great local place near my house. I'm always happy with the food here.Special Features:
- The slow service makes itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2012The slow service makes it difficult to have lunch there during the week. Food was good though.Special Features:
- Waitress very nice and althoughMelroseDined on 3/30/2012Waitress very nice and although attentive, it was as if she thought she knew what we were going to order so didn't listen completely. Appetizer she gave us was pork belly, I said portebello, dinner I wanted scampi meal with sides she gave me scampi over pasta. She did return with the correct appetizer but I was too hungry to wait for the correct entree and pasta was flavorful. Because of the mix up the waiter that relieved her at the end of her shift gave us a free dessert - made up for the misses with the first waitress. And the martini special - delicious and great price. Thrilled for some fine dining in Whittier.
- Great Find in Uptown WhittierOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2012What a great find in Uptown Whittier! One of the best filet's Ive ever had (as compared to Ruth's Chris, BOA, Dal Rae...) Service was excellent and overall a great dinner! I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Overall had a good time, thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/3/2012Overall had a good time, though I had reservations I had to wait a little bit to get my table. The atmosphere is good, a great place for locals. The food was great, I enjoyed the cheese platter and the ahi ahi was great.Special Features:
- A hidden treasure locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2012A hidden treasure located on a busy sidestreet of uptown Whittier!Special Features:
- We had a business group dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2011We had a business group dinner. We could hear each other talk and the food was great!Special Features:
- Overall it was a decent dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2011Overall it was a decent dinner. I was there for a quiet romantic dinner but there was a group at the bar which was very loud and at times it would not let us enjoy our dinner, but the Service was great.Special Features:
- Vintage valueskossakkDined on 9/17/2011This was a last minute booking as I had to make an unscheduled visit to Whittier. A great team here! From the warm welcome at the door to the delightful cuisine a winner from start to finish - Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Food, service and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2011Food, service and ambiance were all divine. It is my favorite place to visit when I'm in LA.Special Features:
- How lucky we are to have theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2011How lucky we are to have the Vintage Cafe so close by. We used to drive all the way across LA for a special dinner but no more! Vintage Cafe has a wide variety on their menu. You can have a healthy meal if that's what you desire. You can take vegetarian friends as well as there is plenty for them. But you can also have a wonderful steak or fabulous fries . . . . It's great for lunch or (special or casual) dinner. Food is delicious; service super. Love the Vintage Cafe and so does everyone I know who has tried it.Special Features:
- A very pleasant local neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2011A very pleasant local neighborhood spot. I look forward to a return trip for happy hour food and drink.Special Features:
- Upscale tacky at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011The website and online menu differed vastly from the real thing. The food was good but overpriced. The decor was the real killer though. The 80's track lighting and vinyl booths, cheap mini chandeliers and glitter posters with "Paris" written on them did not create the French chic ambience they were trying to portray. This place desperately wants to be upscale, but is tacky at best. Go for the food as a last resort.Special Features:
- Feels as if you are stealingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2011Feels as if you are stealing away to do something naughty. Food, service and ambiance is delicious.Special Features:
- This is the second time we'veSpokanLilacDined on 5/20/2011This is the second time we've come here to Vintage Cafe. The first time we came was really good. Food was tasty and came quickly, service was good, and there were more lower dollar options. This time the food took a really long time, some of it bland, undercooked and overcooked, and the menu prices increased to mostly $25 and up dishes. The server didn't quite forget about us, she did check up on us periodically. But there was obviously something going on in the kitchen preventing meals from being served in a timely manner. The food was okay, but nothing great. Not sure if we'll come back again any time soon.
- A birthday giftOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2011Not sure where to start. Being from whittier ive eaten at pretty much every great place to eat here, and unfortunaly there are not many places. So i had no idea where to go for my birthday. I opened my open table app to see if by chance there would be a new place and sure enough vintage cafe showed up so i went. Attention was great, a place where you feel welcomed. I was treated as if it were a new restaurant but they've been here for 2 years!!! We were blown away by the trio apateiser, the menu on open table is old theve changed to a new one but they still made us the sun dried tomato chicken pasta even though it was not on menu and it was perfectly delicious!! I can go on but more space! This is a must eat at place!!!Special Features:
- The food was fresh and delicious;OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2011The food was fresh and delicious; the wait staff very attentive. Clean, fresh, romantic and relaxing ambience.Special Features:
- This restaurant is so sketchy.EllenVIPDined on 4/23/2011This restaurant is so sketchy. One time the food and service are outstanding. Next time, it's not. This time, the service was so slow. We didn't receive our meals for 1 1/2 hours.
- GLOBAL FOODIESBirthdayGroupDined on 4/16/2011Every so often we have the chance to meet up with friends who eat in some the of the best places on earth. We stayed close to home this time... Vintage is a beautiful restaurant, and we are transported to Paris every time we walk inside. Fresh seasonal menu, with plenty of beefy items for our men and tasty fish, salads & small plates for the rest of us! ALL PERFECT! Don't miss the spicy lemon martini.....YUM!Special Features:
- Service and food are fantastic.DennisDined on 4/15/2011Service and food are fantastic. Best crab cakes I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the calamari. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/2/2011Enjoyed the calamari. Had the special shrimp for dinner and it was super. Great meal!Special Features:
- The first two times we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011The first two times we were ther were very good. Our dinner Saturday night will likely keep us from returning.
- Unimpressive restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2011My wife and I treated friends to your restaurant. It was the first time for all four us. We had mentioned when we asked for a reservation that our friends wife was celebrating a birthday but the server never mentioned it. Though the server was polite the service was uneven, such as she forgot to bring our coffees, we had to remind her. Also on the website it mentions Monthly specials but our server was uninformed about it and actually seemed a bit put off that we mentioned it. She did get someone to come over to explain that those specials are only on certain days which your website doesn't explain. It made for an awkward moment. 2 of our entrees were fish (salmon & ling) which tasted dry.We will go elsewhere next time.
- It was a rainy night and couldOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2011It was a rainy night and could not even see the sign for the restaurant, but when we finally did find it, we were delightfully surprised with the ambiance. It was a nicely decorated restaurant with the staff being very attentive. We were seated immediately and taken care of promptly. The service was fantastic and food was its equal. My wife had the special, which was truffle scallops with farfalle, and it was great. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Asparagus bisque, coq a vinOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2011Asparagus bisque, coq a vin and truffle mac-n-cheese were excellent! Service was great! Really enjoyed!Special Features:
- Perfect Valentine's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Excellent food and service! Perfect place to a romantic dinner! Request seating in the back dining room.Special Features:
- Because our reservation wasTtinaDined on 2/12/2011Because our reservation was on a holiday weekend, I will give the Vintage Cafe another try. Our dinners took over an hour to arrive - much too long. No explaination or apologies. Although the food was good, the prices were a little high. Loved the decor.
- I took a friend there forWizardDined on 1/26/2011I took a friend there for a birthday lunch. Everyone who worked there was very attentive. The food was very good. The ambiance was great. I will definitely try dinner there soon.Special Features:
- It was a happy restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010It was a happy restaurant on new years eve. Wife and I and friends had a fine meal and a good time.Special Features:
- We enjoyed an excellent ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2010We enjoyed an excellent Christmas Eve dinner at The Vintage Cafe. The whole experience was fabulous! The food was divine, and the ambiance was so pleasant. i am so glad I found the little gem of a restaurant!Special Features: