Vintage Bar & Restaurant
753 9th Ave
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Vintage Bar & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2125814655
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Bill Gouldman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will cater from our extensive, varied menu for your special event.
- Special Events: We will cater from our extensive, varied menu to your events needs.
- Cross Street: 51st. Street
- Public Transit: Subway Stop: 50th street & 8th avenue Bus Stop: M11 Bus Stop 51st. & 9th avenue or 49th street & 10th avenue
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking available, just read the signs. Parking Garage available on 50th street between 8th & 9th ave.
A word from Vintage Bar & Restaurant
A destination spot for many years to everyone from Hollywood & Broadway Stars to Hell's Kitchen regulars, all mingling, equally enjoying over 200 martinis, 100 domestic & international beers and a large selection of international wines by the glass. In addition to the numerous beverages choices, we have a varied food menu from our world famous nachos to apricut filos, burgers to chicken in a white wine sauce, ice cream cookie bites to decadent chocolate truffle cake with strawberries. Seating is available at the bar, low & high top tables and a private lounge for large groups. Seasonal garden seating is also available. Our music caters to our patrons wishes with 80's, 90's, classic vinyl, alternative & pop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vintage Bar & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- I really enjoyed it here!MonaVIPDined on 4/14/2013I really enjoyed it here! Great service and awesome food. It doesn't look so inviting from outside, but it won't disappoint once you dine/drink there!Special Features:
- This is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013This is a great place for brunch. The food is your basic brunch fare, good food but nothing special. The mimosa deal is fantastic. Only $8 for unlimited mimosas! And they keep 'em comin. I never saw the bottom of my glass. Many brunch spots are kinda uptight about reservations, time limits, etc. This place is casual, easy to get a table, and didn't kick us out just because we finished our food. Would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Literally $20 unltd. mimosasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2013Literally $20 unltd. mimosas and amazing brunch food. What a great neighborhood gem....I shouldn't even be writing this review but I would die if this place went out of business. Went with a friend on a Saturday around 2pm... made a res but nobody was in the place. Waiter was super funny and generous when refilling our glasses (and there is no time limit that I know of..we stayed for 3.5 hrs and they never stopped refilling). Food was actually amazing which I was not expecting. Traditional American breakfast food with unltd. mimosas and crunchy bacon. Amazing.Special Features:
- terrible service. no one cameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013terrible service. no one came to help us after 45 minutes.... so ridiculous. won't be back.
- The atmosphere was "red lightLattanziVIPDined on 10/20/2012The atmosphere was "red light district", run down and unappealing. Not a place to go midday or with family.
- We showed up for our 12:15OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2012We showed up for our 12:15 reservation and were told that the chef wasn't even there yet. Left immediately as we had other plans. So. At least there were a bunch of other restaurants in the area who were actually serving at the time.
- We waited for an hour andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012We waited for an hour and a half for the cook to arrive so the restaurant could open and begin serving brunch. It seems like unreliable staff was a reoccurring problem that they need to handle so they don't have to keep turning away customers.
- Food was horrible pancakesAntonioDined on 7/15/2012Food was horrible pancakes were burnt, my friend order a turkey burger and they brought him a turkey crossiant. Also there was only one waiteress in the entire place and to top it off when I checked my bank account they charged me twice for the meal.
- The food was fine. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2012The food was fine. Nothing to make note of but the service was horrific. We had to ask for things multiple times and it took over 40 minutes to get hot tea. There were not a ton of customers but I think there was only one waitress and maybe someone at the bar.Special Features:
- It's a cheap all you can drinkRayRayVIPDined on 3/25/2012It's a cheap all you can drink brunch, so there is only so much you expect. But they only put one waitress on for the whole restaurant which makes the whole place mayhem. Also, without that on-top-of-it bartender dude that was always there, more mayhem.
- There is one server and oneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2011There is one server and one bartender, so you can't be shy when you need service - flag one of them down! My omelette with mushrooms and avocado was delicious, but the chocolate chip pancakes were dry (and didn't come topped with whipped cream and pecans, as the menu promised). The unlimited beverages kept us there for awhile - a good excuse to linger since there were plenty of tables.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2011I live just a couple of blocks from Vintage and I often frequent for their amazing martinis. They have a menu binder with a glossary! One Saturday my husband and I passed by and saw they did an unlimited bloody mary, mimosas and bellini brunch. We had to try it. I had some excellent French toast that was coated in corn flakes, unique and yummy. My husband really enjoyed his eggs benedict. But the best part was how my glass was literally never empty. The very friendly waiter kept refilling the mimosas, even after we'd paid the check! We're definitely going back for brunch. And I'll probably go tonight for a Watermelon Martini. It tastes like a Jolly Rancher!: )Special Features:
- Burger was mediocre and isOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/17/2011Burger was mediocre and is nothing to brag about. The shoestring fries are good. When I went here around 6 on a Friday, there were a couple of people at the bar, but no one sitting to eat. The waitress also hadn't arrived yet, so we had to order from the bar. Not likely for me to go back.
- Maybe the best Eggs BenedictOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/14/2011Maybe the best Eggs Benedict in the city...and quite the Martini and foreign beer list!Special Features:
- Service here is extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2011Service here is extremely lacking, but then again this bar is perpetually understaffed during brunch. I do like the unlimited mimosas, when the servers have time to refill your glass, that is. This bar is not bad during off-peak hours.
- Not good for groups as mentioned..wtallmofo514Dined on 4/3/2011Not good for groups as mentioned..we were a group of 6 and thhey crammed us into this backroom w no tables..just chairs. We had to eat off of our laps.Special Features:
- Sunday morning a friend andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/3/2011Sunday morning a friend and I decided to go to brunch and went onto opentable so we could make a reservation and not have to wait to eat. It looked like Vintage had many reservations so we booked a slot and headed on over. When we got to the restaurant, the bartender said sorry - the computer is downstairs so he didn't have our reservation. The restaurant was EMPTY but he said all of the tables were full and we had to sit at the bar. Luckily, Jesse the bartender is a nice guy and constantly fills up your drink. When it did get busy, he had to run all over obviously under-staffed restaurant to serve tables as well. Food was average. Mimosas were good. Overall, meh.Special Features:
- Great for the martini listOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2011Great for the martini list (200 different offerings)! The food was tasty, but is just a tiny step up from standard bar food. It was nearly empty when we walked in, but the bar started to fill up around 7. Definitely nothing fancy, but it'll do.
- Seemed a little dated butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/3/2011Seemed a little dated but there was a cool atmosphere and great places to sit and eat with friends.Special Features:
- Drinks took about 15-20 minutes,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/12/2010Drinks took about 15-20 minutes, we were about to leave just when they arrived. Appetizers took about 40 minutes, which was also a long enough wait for us to consider leaving. It's not that the server was bad, the restaurant was just terribly understaffed for a Friday night... Food was very disappointing (Baked brie and apricot, eggplant rolls). We decided not to further the meal from this point so just paid and left.Special Features:
- Food was good, but they putOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2010Food was good, but they put too much juice in the bellinis & mimosas. It would have been more accurate to list peach nectar and OJ on the AYCD menu as opposed to bellinis & mimosas.
- Friendly service and classicOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2010Friendly service and classic comfort food. The bloody marys were spicy and delicious!Special Features:
- The "unlimited" drinks thatDelishDined on 8/28/2010The "unlimited" drinks that you pay a flat price for on weekend brunch, were so watered down it was a waste of money. Staff refused when asked to make them a bit stronger.
- Overpriced meals coupled withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2010Overpriced meals coupled with a server who needs a lesson in serving. This place has a cool ambiance despite being too dark to read the menus and the food was good. That said, the service was such a detractor that I will not be eating there again.
- They had no record of my reservatiodisappointedDined on 4/25/2010They had no record of my reservation, but were able to accomodate us. Did not realize that it was really a bar that happened to serve food. Very small menu with very little flexibility: no choices for bread for sandwiches, no toast served with omelettes, no decaf coffess or teas. Food was better than expected, given that.