Vintage Bar and Grill
399 Jericho Turnpike
Jericho, NY 11753Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vintage Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FULTON-and-PRIME-FISH-and-STEAK-house/118066511544268
- Phone: (516) 364-4641
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour : Monday to Friday 5 to 7.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch Monday thru Friday 12 to 3.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Cacaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Mark or Victoria for more details at 516.364.4641.
- Private Party Contact: Mark or Victoria 516-364-4641x
A word from Vintage Bar and Grill
If you don't see the time you would like please contact us directly. We dry age our steaks 28 to 35 days, have daily fish specials, hand made pastas, we purchase the highest quality ingredients. Our menu changes seasonally as well as our daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vintage Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (14)romantic (14)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014The noise level is way to high and quite annoying. Changes need to be made to make the dining experience better. However, the food was very good and the service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just OK.Jams1Dined on 11/22/2014Just OK. It's a pricey place for not that great of food. I don't mind spending a lot if money on a good dinner, but the food should be really good. I should've just went to Hendricks, where we would've spent the same amount but no way near as good. The waiter was fine but kept up selling us and snuck in some charges. Not going back
- DebkazDined on 11/15/2014Wonderful steak house in Jericho. Great food, excellent service and a good wine list. Elegant ambience; great for a date, dinner with friends.Special Features:
- one of the very best dining experiences!!!Falcon12Dined on 11/14/2014World class service, amazing food and can't wait to go back. Alex our waiter was excellent in every aspect of professional. He engaged us in choices and opinions and made perfect suggestions. The cowboy Ribeye was expensive but worth it. The chicken dish arrived exactly as advertised. We were served timely and enjoyed the whole evening from valeting our car to being helped with our coats, and warm goodbye. We are raving about Vintage to our friends and will return soon. Really can't say 1 bad thing about the evening. If you're still reading this, CALL and make a reservation NOW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad I tried it againdeb59Dined on 10/18/2014Didn't love it the first time, when it first opened, and I am glad I tried it again! I would stay away from the duck tacos (waaaay too salty) but there was plenty to chose from, even though I am not a steak eater. My husband and friend ordered the steak special... although delicious, it was $56 per entrée...and the waiter did not mention that when listing the specials. They easily could have shared the porterhouse for two and would have saved many dollars. Also, we brought our own wine as our friends have a wine cellar... the corking fee was $25 - which is higher than the $15 we pay at many places..and they charged it for all three bottles... would it have killed them to throw one in-- as is done in many of the other restaurants we eat at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/9/2014Love this place from the food especially the DUCK TACOS to the service everything is TOP NOTCH !!!Special Features:
- rwoods658Dined on 10/4/2014Nice place, Will be better once the gas stations goes !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findDGNYDined on 10/3/2014Decided to try Vintage - had been hesitant since this location for a restaurant seems cursed since the establishment has changed multiple times over a short time period. Pleasantly surprised to find friendly staff, nice bar and good food. Menu is American cuisine with a great assortment of appetizers. Wasn't too crowded the Friday night we visited - but the service was excellent. Would definitely return to this gem!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findFoodieDined on 9/19/2014Perfect for a night out with friends or a special dinner for couples. Service and food were excellent..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!! Get the Ribeye.Weiny66Dined on 9/17/2014Food was amazing! We had the French Onion soup. One of the Best I ever had. Ribeye was delicious.Special Features:
- This time they got it right...BgreenVIPDined on 9/11/2014Food is excellent and the staff aims to please. It continues to be an eyesore with poor curb appeal, but once in the brilliance of vintage begins to shine. Food is excellent and staff aims to please. It would serve them well to address the landscape as it looks unattended to. Other than this one turnoff, the restaurant is a star worthy of try.Special Features:
- Spot on Service10sne1VIPDined on 8/10/2014Seated promptly and as requested in Open table. Friendly waiter Alex was efficient, professional and charming. Food was well described and presented. Wine by the glass and the bottle offered a wide selection in both price and varietal. Deore inside was lovely. This restaurant is located on a rather dismal portion of Jericho TPKE next to a closed gas station. Odd looking from the outside - but a gem inside. Perfect for before of after dining for shows at Westbury Music FairSpecial Features:
- Vintage, VintagegreatVIPDined on 8/7/2014the food is always excellent. vintage is on our list of restaurants to visit weekly!Special Features:
- Great Food! Pretty decor too noisy!SMenach8402Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderful food, pretty atmosphere. Past 8pm very very noisy with large tables of groups. We had a 7pm reservation and we were seated right away. The quality of the food was delicious and the portions were plentyiful. The sirloin steak was one of the best iv'e ever had. However, by 8:00 pm the noise level was horrific. It was almost like a screaming fest! We couldnt wait to pay the check and leave. Would definitely go again perhaps by 645 so we are out by 8pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatfrom SyossetLuv2eatfromSyossetDined on 8/2/2014The ambiance was very nice,but did not like sitting close to the Bar. Menu offered a good selection. Appetizers were very good. My daughters & wife's main course was very good, however my shrimp scampi was deleverd Cold! Had to send it back twice before it was served correctly. Desert offered a good selection and the flowerless chocolate cake was delicious. Restaurant made adjustment for cold meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Find!FoodiesVIPDined on 8/2/2014The reviews didn't lie. This was a great little spot and the food did not disappointment. A few of us ordered the pasta and some of the husbands ordered steak and all the food was very good. And service was excellent. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Couples night outMartinigirlVIPDined on 8/1/2014The experience was good not great. Good service, nice menu choices. Atmosphere could use a little warmth. Salad very good as well as appetizers, my husband enjoyed his salmon. My shrimp lacked flavor although the side dishes were flavorful. Cocktail off their signature list disappointing. Wine by the glass with my meal a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2014During the week, the restaurant is relatively peaceful (there's always one loudmouth in any crowd) and relaxing. Completely different on the weekends. Only quiet spot is the back room that feels like someone's basement - no charm, no ambiance, but at least it is quiet. Cannot imagine anything less pleasurable than sitting at their bar on the weekend. Main room is only slightly better but at least the space is nice. Not sure I would return on a weekend, but think it is great during the week.Special Features:
- The following 156 reviews are from the Vintage Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- We'll be backLuv2eatVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time at Vintage. The restaurant is very pretty and the host was very friendly. Food was very good and i know we will be back. Our server was pleasant. The young man at the bar was very engaging and nice to talk to. I hope to see it busier...it's a nice find.Special Features:
- vintagehmmmmVIPDined on 7/25/2014food was good; all 4 of us enjoyed our meal and the servers were attentive but the noise level too loud; poor acoustics and had to talk loudly across the table and had trouble hearing the waiter and visa versaSpecial Features:
- OverpricedGingerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Very lovely experience but overpriced. Food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always delicious!MarcVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have become regulars. Vintage serves a varied menu of all "winners" for any taste. Dishes are beautifully presented by professional and caring staff who are attentive throughout our dinner.Special Features:
- wonderfuldkbk01Dined on 7/11/2014This was our second time at this restaurant and it was as delicious as the first time, The waiters and stuff do a great job.Special Features:
- A Real FindenjoyableVIPDined on 6/28/2014A small neighborhood restaurant with great food, attentive service, and a good cocktail menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2014This was our first time at Vintage. It was an excellent experience on all counts. The wine list is small, but has some good selections. The service was warm and highly efficient, without feeling intrusive. Every dish that we ordered was perfectly prepared and delicious. We shared the tuna duo to start and then shared the pear salad (which was split in the kitchen, always a nice touch). Main course was scallops, prepared just right, with a lovely cauliflower puree and lamb chops, medium rare, with a warm red center. Dessert was a delicious and not-too-sweet apple cobbler. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- MiMiDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I have gone to Vintage a few times and it always was on the mark - No complaints hereSpecial Features:
- Delicious food and nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2014We dined at this restaurant on Father's Day night after a long 6.5 hour car ride because of previous reviews from Open Table. The food and atmosphere even exceeded our expectations. The service was also excellent. It seemed like a place for a nice romantic, intimate dinner. It also seemed like a nice place to go with friends. The bar area looked really nice but since we arrived so late we did not go into the area for a drink. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014Attractive space with nice menu offerings, however we were not impressed with the food. I had the beet salad which was supposedly be roasted beet salad. Trust me, the beets came out of a can and looked just like those you would get on the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's. I sent it back. The Caesar salad was romaine lettuce with croutons that might have come out of a box. The $7.00 baked potato should have been a $2.00 potato given the size. The steaks, one filet and one NY Strip were OK, but nothing special. We ordered Medium Rare and got more like Medium. Without drinks our tab was north of $90.00 before a tip. Overall, food was just average and not worth that kind of money. Better meals in close proximity for that kind of money.
- FOOD WAS EXCELLENTLUVTOEATDined on 6/4/2014Everything we ordered was great. The calamari appy was the best. The scallops were awesome. The skirt steak was cooked to the way we ordered it and was so good and tender. The only thing That was ehhh was the pear salad.It needed more dressing and was lacking flavor.Special Features:
- Great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2014Had the porterhouse steak for two....was perfect, like butter. Au poivre sauce on the side....fantastic place, beautiful atmosphere.....perfect night all around!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindBeansVIPDined on 6/2/2014Had I known this restaurant was taken over by the owner and Chef of another neighborhood restaurant that I used to frequent all the time I would have been there from day one. Food was outstanding. Homemade mushroom stuffed pasta and grilled octopus appetizers did not disappoint. Grilles scallops over cauliflower puree was outstanding and cooked to perfection. Our server (Alex?) was very present yet not overbearing. Will definitely be back and back as long as they keep up with these same standards.Special Features:
- FoodudeDined on 5/30/2014Delicious food, attentive service, warm, pleasant ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveDined on 5/24/2014Food was excellent. Service was slow but I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantTennisfoodie123Dined on 5/24/2014Food is great! Pretty restaurant. Not too noisy! Would recommend to anyone for a night out or to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicescottnVIPDined on 5/24/2014we dined as a party of 4. the food and service here are wonderful. we shared the main course zucchini spaghetti as an appetizer. they served it in the most adorable plates. as always this was a big hit. we then shared a few salads and some oysters. all were fabulous. mains at our table was the shrimp scampi with artichoke heart (huge hit) chicken scarparellio also a hit, the skirt steak (friend said it was good, no raves) which looked a bit lonely on a big plate, and a stripe bass special which our friend licked the plate clean. dessert was the apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. the menu here is varied, has a range from comfort food, to some more adventurous plates and all high in quality and excellently prepared. bravo, well doneSpecial Features:
- ConsistentDaj1313VIPDined on 5/22/2014Food is always great, service wonderful, and staff very accommodating.Special Features:
- Last minute findPeaceEatsVIPDined on 5/16/2014Stopped by late Friday night on a stormy night and was rewarded with a fantastic skirt steak and we'll mixed drinks. Server was on top of things from the start and did wonderful job. Give this spot a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/10/2014we had a terrible experience. the food was just so so. the waiter was terrible. we would never go back.
- Loved it!SebastianDined on 5/4/2014One of the best restaurants on Long Island. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLIfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Was really looking forward to trying this new highly rated steakhouse on LI. Had a 9pm sat res, got seated at a table near the bar. The noise in the room was crazy loud, none of us could carry on a conversation across the table, only next to us. The acoustics in this room are terrible with low ceilings and no soft surfaces, I think the other dining room is quieter. Branzino special was very good but the Filet Mignon and porterhouse were only average, we expected better. Service was very slow-- it took so long to take our coffee and dessert order that was finally just passed.Special Features: