Vintage 1891 Kitchen
2098 Boston Post Road
Larchmont, NY 10538Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Vintage 1891 Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vintage1891.com/
- Phone: 9148349463x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Vintage 1891 Kitchen has two small private rooms available for any event. The smaller "Glass Lounge" can accommodate up to 10 guests. While the sophisticated "Wine Cellar" has a maximum capacity for 12.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Negri 9148349463x
A word from Vintage 1891 Kitchen
Vintage 1891 Kitchen is located in a beautifully renovated space in a century-old historic building in Larchmont. First noted for its extensive wine list, a recent kitchen addition makes the Contemporary American cuisine the star. Dine in a sophisticated yet casual space that now includes an outdoor dining oasis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vintage 1891 Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (13)romantic (12)special occasion (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and chose this Resto from trip advisor. We were not disappointed. The service was great, very attentive, a free glass of wine each was offered when the mains were delayed slightly. The food was delicious and full of flavour and the wine too. The dessert - crème brûle - was the only little disappointment, not quite right. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- SatniteoutDined on 10/18/2014Food, cocktails ambiance great! Dinner service very slow. Took forever to get wine order takenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACEGIGIDined on 10/11/2014Pleasantly surprised - enjoyed the restaurant from the bar to the dinner table. Great service, great food, excellent staff. Would definitely go back. Worth the trip to this rare find. Try the chilean sea bass...Special Features:
- customerVIPDined on 9/22/2014We had a delightful dinner. Each of us chose something different and all loved what they chose. One of us had the short ribs which looked beautiful and tasted wonderful. The 2 other people in our party each had fish; salmon for one, branzino for the other. The fish was cooked to perfection.We ordered an apple spring roll for desert, which sounded intriguing. We all shared it; liked the taste but found the spring roll itself disappointing; too thick and not at all delicate and crisp. We all agreed that we wouldreturn again.Special Features:
- Very good restaurant.DocbDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant is interesting and the food is excellent. The Food items are limited but what is listed is quite good. I think they Cornish Hen is one of the finest chicken dishes I have had in a restaurant - moist and very tasty. There is a considerable variety of wines as well. The chairs are also special, and the entire experience was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014all was well until two dinners were served and the other two took almost 10 minutesSpecial Features:
- Very goodLaurenVIPDined on 9/12/2014We went early on a Friday night for dinner and it was very quiet and a bit of an older crowd, but by the time we were leaving it was a good mix of people but still quiet. The good was good and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner ExperienceWoodsDinerVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at Madison Kitchen since it expanded the wine bar to include a restaurant. The ambience is relaxed and the lighting just right. The menu has variety. My husband and I were really happy with our dinner choices - The Branzini with Israeli Couscous was fantastic. Everything we ordered was delicious and well presented. The wine list is also extensive and the prices are very reasonable. The service was attentive, and professional. Overall, nice addition to the Larchmont restaurant scene.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Nothing but praise. Food was excellent, especially the truffle Mac and cheese. Michael was helpful and very friendly. Good value. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great find. Excellent food from beginning to end. Good service. Unpretentious with unique decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulCris101Dined on 8/14/2014Once again a pleasant dining experience. Staff accommodating and food was great.Special Features:
- Lovely RestaurantEllieVIPDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant was lovely and the food outstanding. It was a quiet night and the service was very good. We were surprised at how quiet it was but I would assume that was due to it being a Monday night in August. I would highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysCris101Dined on 7/25/2014Both food and service great as always. Pleasure to dine thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare vintagebestrestVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great food in an attractive setting, with incredibly attentive and accommodating service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicest setting around!JaxreviewVIPDined on 7/19/2014Pretty restaurant with very good, reliable food. We've eaten there several times now and have enjoyed every experience.Special Features:
- Fun, sophisticated atmosphereMitchDined on 7/12/2014Great place for dinner, friends, or a larger group. I came here on a romantic dinner with my wife and tried something from each course. All very tasty. After dinner we asked for a tour and were taken around by the manager and one on the servers. Very customer friendly. Overall good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal well servedStephen1aDined on 7/12/2014Our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. The presentation was appetizing. The meal taasted great and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Vintage 1891 Kitchen reviews archive.
- Excellent restaurantNonickname1Dined on 6/15/2014great! The backyard adddition is unlike any others in town because it is private and not exposed to the streetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitDinealotVIPDined on 6/12/2014This was my first visit to the restaurant. I was glad to find a new restaurant in the neighborhood. It is an attractive and inviting place. However, for a Thursday night only 5 tables were occupied. It took at least 10-15 minutes until a waiter came over to ask for our drink order and our water glasses had not yet been filled. The food was good, and nicely plated. The goat cheese salad was ordinary but, the duck breast had a savory crust and was perfectly cooked as were the vegetables that accompanied it. With the place so empty, I expected more attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veru good local placeAllowDined on 6/3/2014Haven't been back since it opened and it has changed quite a bit. No longer a place for a drink (or two) and snack, Vintage now serves full meals. The small plates were varied and on the whole delicious. The salmon entrée was also good but not as unique an offering as the small plate menu. Service was very good. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal - Wonderful AmbiencecloveroseDined on 5/24/2014We were lucky to get a last-minute Saturday night reservation -- it was quieter than usual due to the Memorial Day weekend. We had been inside 1891 before and knew it was beautiful but this was our first dining experience. We were intrigued by the menu that included some of our favorites -- duck, scallops, halibut, branzino and lamb. Their wine list was dazzling! We ended up having a wonderful foodie evening. Kudos to the chef for the thoughtful/interesting preparation and blending of flavors that added up to a special meal. The portions were of a good size and the décor gorgeous, but still very comfortable. Service was generally good, with a few lapses. We have now added 1891 to our list of favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Not worth itFoodyNYCVIPDined on 5/16/2014Mediocre food, awful service, so loud you can't hear yourself speak (btw, it wasn't especially packed, just terrible acoustics). With so many decent places in larchmont (polpettina, plates, Chat to name a few), no sure why anyone would come here a second time. Too bad, I had high hopes.
- Nine LivesDDDDVIPDined on 4/26/2014The last time we were here (seven or eight months ago), we enjoyed the food, but pacing was totally off. It took a lot for me to give 1891 another shot, and boy, I'm glad we did. Tonight's experience was excellent. Our meals were super, the waitstaff was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable, and the pacing issue was totally corrected. Everything came our like clockwork and we had a terrific evening. The tuna appetizer was delicious, and the mac n' cheese was outrageous. We enjoyed two fish dishes -- the salmon and branzino -- both of which were full of flavor and cooked perfectly. I had the duck which was yummy, although the scallops I tried on our last visit were more special. Deserts were good too, especially the apple spring role.Special Features:
- Great first experienceDannicVIPDined on 4/26/2014Arrived slightly early for 645 reservation and we were seated promptly. First impression of the decor was very good. Cool colors, lots of candles, fire feature. Staff was polite and knowledgeable. Didn't rush us. Had great salads and entrees. Two big cups of French pressed coffee and a delicious apple spring roll dessert. Definitely will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is very attractive,bestrestVIPDined on 4/1/2014The restaurant is very attractive, the wait staff and owner wonderfully accommodating, and the food absolutely delicious. Can't wait to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining delightCris101Dined on 3/28/2014I don't know where to start. We were unable to resist the Mac n Cheese in Truffle oil again. The salads and soup were delicious. The staff accommodated my daughters vegetarian diet and all her veggies were flavorful. I had the Pappardelle with veal ragu the portion was more than I could finish so they boxed it up for me. They even fulfilled my request so to where I wished to sit. All in all once again Vintage 1891 was a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in LarchmontWestchestersnobDined on 3/22/2014Good food, modern ambiance, very comfortable seating, fantastic service and nice wine options..overall a great place to go for dinner with friends!Special Features:
- Did not have to wait for aCris101Dined on 3/22/2014Did not have to wait for a table was seated right away. Staff very friendly, Great menu, Healthy portions, Food was delicious and the presentation was superb. Can't wait to go back and try out something else on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larchmont gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2014Great dinner with kids and my girlfriend. Divergent tastes but everyone left happy. A rarity indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too fishy but usually excellentGrapesodaDined on 3/1/2014We love the vibe here which is cool but not so that we feel intimidated. Lovely modernized take on fireplace and candles, comfortable seating, good food choices. This time by striped sea bass came smelling very fishy and tasted that way as well. Not sure if it was a different kind of striped sea bass or just not as fresh as usual. The butternut squash puree was great, as was my husband's salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIG DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2014Overall a bad experience - don't waste your time here. Staff is not well educated on menu. Courses take forever to come out and are not timed properly. There is no communication between kitchen, waiters and management. Have to ask for things multiple times before they arrive. Couple next to us said their entree took 2 hrs and restaurant was not even crowded. Food doesn't impress. Grilled vegetable horrible-few veggies and ice cold. Asian salad wilted and sad - left most of it behind. My husband's steak was good but at least 50% fat. Overall a miss on all counts.Special Features:
- One in a millionRosanna1Dined on 11/29/2013Vintage Kitchen has a beautiful ambiance. The decor, the vibe, the people are wonderful. I felt like I was dining in luxury but yet the food is affordable. The menu is outstanding as well. Chef Jesus Canela put a well together Menu that can accommodate all palettes. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. I personally took my mother and siblings and we had a great time. My sister was indecisive of what wine to endure and the staff nicely accommodated her by providing a wine tasting. The small plates are so delicious that you would want to try all of them. I will definitely return despite what others might comment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food. Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/29/2013Really great food. Great atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but too noisyluvcakeDined on 11/23/2013I would have given this restaurant a 4 on the noise list but that was" I don't recall". Now i understand why the other viewers voted that way. The noise was so loud that it ruined my dinner. The food is very good, the wine list is extensive but after a week of working you just want to get together with friends and catch up on things and wind down and this is not the place to go. I felt like I couldn't even think to myself it was just too loud. There was an enormous time lapse between the apps and the entrees. I have to admit that the food and ambiance were great. I will not go back because it was just too loud.Special Features:
- Good food, comfortable settingMaverickDined on 11/22/2013Excellent food if somewhat limited menu, great wine list, and a beautiful, open setting with clever local décor. Like eating in a friend's living room. Only frustration is seemingly frequent closings for private parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special about theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013Nothing special about the restaurant. nothing even close to reviews on the site. Was dissapointed.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening outCutieDined on 10/19/2013Great food ,great service. Felt like a NYC atmosphere A bit noisy. Loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacing was off but food was goodDDDDVIPDined on 10/12/2013We and our friends both had very good meals here last Saturday evening. The restaurant was not full, but the attentive initial service was disconnected from something behind the scenes. We ordered appetizers when we first sat down, but none arrived until close to an hour later. And when our mains arrived (yet another 30 or 40 minutes after our appetizers finally made it), my lamb chops were lukewarm. The three other dishes -- all fish -- were fine. The food flavors were very good, and we liked the atmosphere. And we appreciated the manager attempting to make up for the misses. Because the food was quite good, we'll probably give it a 2nd try and hope for the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super vibe!MicheleDined on 10/11/2013Had a great evening with friends! The beet salad and lamb chops were everyone's favorite. With friendly and efficient service, you felt completely at home. Will definitely return to this swanky spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larchmont GemPietroDined on 9/27/2013As we stepped into the restaurant, we were taken aback by the decor and ambiance. The restaurant / lounge, has the feel of a chic Manhattan establishment. The food was outstanding as was the wait staff. With an extensive wine list and a beautiful bar, this restaurant makes it one of the best restaurants in Larchmont and the surrounding area that we have been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.