Vinotopia Restaurant and Bar
5724 West 136th Terrace
Overland Park, KS 66223Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Vinotopia Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cinetopia.com/
- Phone: (913) 402-9300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vinotopia Restaurant and Bar
Come dine before of after seeing a movie!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vinotopia Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (13)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014This was my second time coming to the cinetopia,first time dining in the restaurant. The concept is great but again I was disappointed by the service and knowledge of the servers!! It could be a A +place to go if they could just hire competent employes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014The place was empty. We waited to be seated for a while, and when we were not acknowleged we just sat at the bar. Food was ok. Portions were small and waaaaay over priced.
- Details, details, detailsMasch5Dined on 11/8/2014This was my 2nd visit to Vinotopia. My 1st visit featured a spectacular view of sunset & great food. Unfortunately the bar was overloaded so our bottle of wine didnt arrive until our meal arrived. Paul our waiter made up for it though enough to get us to come back. Our 2nd visit didnt have sunset but was still pretty. We were treated to Paul's excellent service again. When we asked fkr bis opinion he was very candid and lead us to a wonferful meal. The appetizers are skimpy, the salad was great and the entre was delicious. The wine came out on time and was scrumptous. The details missing this time were heat & loudness of the piano entertainment. They had also run out of candles for the tables, which for a romantic spot, is a no no.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good impressionMichaelVIPDined on 11/1/2014We were first time guests. We waited for 45 minutes at our table and never got more than water. There seemed to be a real lack of management or staff training.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I were looking for a nice date-night out. We had a reservation, but were seated in the bar and not the dining room. The drinks we ordered took 30 min to arrive, for only a beer and glass of wine. The bartenders were moving very slowly (which we could see...since we were in the bar!). Our appetizer and salads came out all at once (my husband's salad was wrong, but they did correct it promptly). Pork Belly Queso was bland, and the house salad and southwest salad were unremarkable. My entree was tasty, but my husband, who ordered the same thing (Center-cut beef), had beef that tasted "like leather", way overcooked. Overheard other diners complaining as well. Not the romantic date we had envisioned.
- Stay awayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We came for a three course meal. We checked out the menu online so we were excited for an adult meal time. Not sure what they are going here, prices says fancy meal how food was bland/cold. Waitresses wasn't sure what some items were. All 3 courses came out at once. We had 2 coffees and 1 came in a paper cup the other in a glass cup. No water refills, no dishes, sliverware etc. Smokers walked by our table. When you spend $100 you expect service. We talked to the manager who came up w/excuses. We will never return.Special Features:
- Food left much to be desiredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was tasteless and not in line with the prices charged.Special Features:
- Great food. Poor service.FitfoodieDined on 10/30/2014For the high prices and poor service, I probably won't return for a while. Hopefully we just got unlucky and it was an off night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014They were out of the wine I ordered. Waitress never removed extra place settings. Took a long time removing used plates. No salad fork or fork brought with salad. Out of the dessert I ordered. Confusion among wait staff regarding orders. Service got slower and slower through out the meal. The food was very good despite all of the service issues.Special Features:
- overpriced and understaffedkctrevDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I had been wanting to try this out. I will never go back. it appear that there were only two servers for the whole restaurant. The service was extremely slow, and when we got our food I was very disappointed at the quality.
- Lack of stafftvernonDined on 10/12/2014The ONLY reason service received a Fair rating is because of LACK of staff. The bartender, Anna, was AMAZING. And definitely stretched thin. It became apparent that they were short staffed- no host/hostess, needed a 2nd bartender, etc. If it was not for Anna rolling with the punches, we would have LEFT. Hire some people! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must ImprovemaryandbobVIPDined on 10/11/2014The concept is great. Lovely dinner then walk across the floor to the "Movie Parlor"; however, the service was absolutely awful. After ten minutes, I had to find someone for a glass of water. Then when we were finally served, I was told 20 minutes for a cocktail. Then, I asked for silverware which we did not receive by the time our meal came, so I walked over to another table to get some. We had 90 minutes before the movie so ordered all our food at the same time (including appetizer) because we were afraid we would not get served in time.Special Features:
- dining highconeaDined on 10/9/2014View is great being so high up, and entire wall is glass. Food was very good. The menu is rather limited, though.Special Features:
- I would NOT recommend Vinotopia.AwfulDined on 10/8/2014I made a reservation for 10 and we didn't get service. The first guest was told that there were no reservations. When I got there and ask the bartender said that the table was ready. We had to go get a waiter 3 times. One of the waiters took the order for part of the group and didn't come back. We never got any water, which we asked for 4 times. 2 guests got drinks because could not get someone to take our orders. The appetizers arrived 15 minutes before the movie started. When got to the theater, there was 1 waiter for the whole theater. I just got a drink and popcorn from the concession stand My friends ordered from a waiter outside of theater. 4 of my friends who ordered food andrinks didn't get there food or drinks. Awful Service!
- LovelymomoDined on 10/7/2014It might be the fact that we were also the last customers there (and there were few other people, due to it being so close to closing time), but the waiter was wonderful! He was mindful, attentive, and very prompt.Special Features:
- What a disappointment!babyjhawkDined on 10/4/2014When we opened the menu, we were disappointed to see that it had changed from the online version- big time! They kept the basics on the menu, but the higher end dishes were removed. The waiter assured us it was the full version. That said, we ordered the Mac N Cheese balls. Yuck. They were tasteless balls of grease. For our second course, I got the tomato soup with burnt pieces (from the bottom of the pot) throughout, which ruined the flavor, and it was so salty, I couldn't eat it. My husband got a salad, which was $10.99. It came out in a small soup bowl. Not worth it. We both ordered the center cut of beef. The flavors were good, but it came out cold! Dessert was bland. Very disappointed, overall. We will not be back.
- If u don't luv wine waste of time.outnaboutDined on 10/4/2014Server was new and not well-trained. She took forever to take order. Brought appetizers with meal, I really hate when that happens, really defeats purpose of appetizers. She was nice, but left much to be desired. The restaurant itself was freezing, apparently no way to adjust thermostat. Very small menu of food choices for even a wine driven restaurant. Higher end pricing for what you got...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We were waiting & waiting and ( I was wonder if this place is self service...) finally..We order stake but We didn't see our food that evening just pay for the wine. They don't look sorry for can't provide dinner. Thanks for the poor service and our Friday night dinner and time.
- Need a new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Over half of the small plates on the menu, they no longer serve. For our main course We ordered the scallops, they were small (only 4), they were cold and overpriced. After placing our order the server replied to us, "wouldn't be my first choice!" When I questioned him about my choice he replied that he didn't like what I had chosen. I thought it was strange that on a Friday night there were only three tables of people in the dining room.Special Features:
- Hello? Anyone there??Ecky78Dined on 8/12/2014A friend and I went to Vinotopia for lunch on a Tuesday. I made a booking through Open Table as their website says bookings were recommended. When we arrived the place was empty; to the point that there wasn't even anyone behind the bar to serve us. I walked around literally calling out "Hello?? Hello, are you open??". I then noticed a couple and their child on the balcony, so assumed it was open. Just as we were about to give up and walk out the server came out. He was very police and took us to our table. The food was clearly pre-frozen; wings and crab cakes, and the deviled eggs had no flavor. Not a place to go for a nice meal; better for a snack and wine before or after a movie. Does have a nice balcony area though and staff are polite.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Vinotopia Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.