201 East 31st Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vinotapa.com/
- Phone: (212) 725-8466
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 Days: 5pm - Midnight
Bar: open till 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Michael Vassallo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us to start planning with Chef Michael Vassallo
A word from VinoTapa
Spanish Tapas restaurant and bar. Cozy place that is great for dates, girls night out or to come alone and meet new friends.Continued
Great music, friendly staff and amazing food.
Great music, friendly staff and amazing food.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
VinoTapa reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Really enjoyed the tapas. Had the meatballs (good, but nothing special), flat bread and white wine mussels. The mussels were outstanding! We also ordered potatas bravas- THEY WERE AMAZING! Had to ask for more bread to dip in the spicy tomato sauce. I would suggest for a night out with friends or a date. Met the owner- he is a lovely man. Made sure we were having a great timeSpecial Features:
- mediocre foodSmellyJellyDined on 11/7/2014Ordered a few of their appetizers, the short rib, char grilled octopus, white anchovies on toast and also the mussels in white wine and herb sauce. The short rib was the best but it was $19, is it worth it? Not really. The grilled octopus was grilled until it was black, it was hard to eat and tasted like charred...nothing. The white anchovies were ok and the mussels were tiny and the white wine sauce did not have much taste. Although the restaurant was crowded, the service was good. The manager was accommodating and tried to help wherever tables needed service. However, I was still disappointed at the food and would never come back again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014I noticed this new tapas restaurant in the neighborhood so thought I'd check it out. So happy I did! I had the carmelized onions with romesco, patatas bravas, and the short rib. All were absolutely delicious! Simple, but so full of flavor. Aside from the food, the place had a great neighborhood vibe. The bar was lively but not rowdy and the service was very friendly, yet professional. They helped me choose a great wine to go with my food. It'll be a great place to bring clients over the holiday season, as well as friends to share a paella. Very exciting neighborhood find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentLrny212VIPDined on 10/24/2014Tasteless food. Service was okay but will not return or recommend to others.
- Great spot made betterRafaelADined on 10/20/2014This was my first time visiting since they remodeled and changed the menu, what they did with the remodel was very nice, you could see that from the moment you walk in the door, but I was very concerned about the menu changes, the old menu had some dishes that I really enjoyed, but turns out that change is good after all, I had the chorizo appetizer and the paella, figured I would put them to the test, my Mom makes a great paella, it was as good as my Moms, better; I didn't have to help with the dishes after dinner or listen to her go on about my still being single during! This is a great spot, with an amazing staff, probably the only place I feel as comfortable going out for dinner alone because they make you feel like your with friends.Special Features:
- WendyWendyDined on 9/20/2014Great little gem! ️Had bachelorette dinner party here for 6. Didn't feel crammed. Reccomend for happy hour drink special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeCeDined on 9/12/2014Small, quiet neighborhood gem. Went with a group to catch up on things and it was nice and quiet we all could actually hear each other. Soft music, great food, terrific wine list and the beer selections were great as well. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the VinoTapa reviews archive.
- Food always excellent. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/4/2012Food always excellent. Service slow. Great wine list.Special Features: